Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 03:27:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 [818] 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
DougB62

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 07:43:36 PM

This is my answers, untill a poll comes up:

1. Would you Join the Mintcoin Guardians - Yes
2. Would you prefer a Monthly or Annual Due. - Yearly (If I trust the treasure, else monthly)
3. Amount you would consider for monthly amount - I would consider paying up to $5 / month for operation cost.
4. What % from any extra toward shoring up the Mintcoins walls or Advertising. - I do not believe in this strategy of shoring walls, adds are ok.
5. Any other ideas on how to make the membership more desirable. - Option to have my nickname showed in OP or Mint homepage (for the fame and fortune).

lol!! Seriously though, that's a good idea. Recognition never hurts as a means of incentive!  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 07:55:42 PM

This is my answers, untill a poll comes up:

1. Would you Join the Mintcoin Guardians - Yes
2. Would you prefer a Monthly or Annual Due. - Yearly (If I trust the treasure, else monthly)
3. Amount you would consider for monthly amount - I would consider paying up to $5 / month for operation cost.
4. What % from any extra toward shoring up the Mintcoins walls or Advertising. - I do not believe in this strategy of shoring walls, adds are ok.
5. Any other ideas on how to make the membership more desirable. - Option to have my nickname showed in OP or Mint homepage (for the fame and fortune).

lol!! Seriously though, that's a good idea. Recognition never hurts as a means of incentive!  Wink

Yes  Grin -  membership in the "Mintcoin Guardians" should instantly place you on the "MINT Hall of fame"  Cheesy

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
cryptomommy

Activity: 425
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:08:28 PM

I tried pushing this before when it was first posted and didn't get much traction; however I personally think its a great idea. I just need to make sure I am not the one initiating or pushing the cause as it may become political somehow :/
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 08:25:25 PM

I tried pushing this before when it was first posted and didn't get much traction; however I personally think its a great idea. I just need to make sure I am not the one initiating or pushing the cause as it may become political somehow :/

I would not take it "the wrong way" if you pushed this.

The reason why I like this idea, is that we need to assemble the community (if there is any left?), ideally everybody should get involved with voluntary tasks, however, not all can commit to donating "time", therefor is it good have the option to donate cash instead.

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:50:42 PM

Hi

It would not be a push , but more the Posing of a question.

A Survey would let us know how many in the community would be willing to be in MintCoin Guardians.

A club whose purpose would be to help support the coin and make sure it survives and prospers in the Future.
With our Monthly Dues :
And for that we would receive
Voting Rights on the Coin's Direction
Block Explorer paid for by Dues
Interest paid quarterly on Club's Mintcoin account,
Nickname showed in OP or Mint homepage (for the fame and fortune).

This would give the Mintcoin Team a working budget and we would be the Only Coin with a Dedicated club, MintCoin Guardians.

Plus you can tell the ones worried about Politics.
It is that Darn Kiklo and you know how he is!  Grin
 Cool

Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:50:56 PM

The reason why I like this idea, is that we need to assemble the community (if there is any left?), ideally everybody should get involved with voluntary tasks, however, not all can commit to donating "time", therefor is it good have the option to donate cash instead.

Why not code in a % of Stake to a group managed fund? The donation model simply does not work and I think it is the wrong approach for Cryptocurrencies to try and rely on building infrastructure in such a way. Cryptocurrencies are already like small corporations and every Coin has a group of trusted people running it so if something was going afoul, the majority can change the fund to a new management group.
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 10:13:26 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2014, 10:40:47 PM by kiklo

Why not code in a % of Stake to a group managed fund? The donation model simply does not work and I think it is the wrong approach for Cryptocurrencies to try and rely on building infrastructure in such a way. Cryptocurrencies are already like small corporations and every Coin has a group of trusted people running it so if something was going afoul, the majority can change the fund to a new management group.

Hi

This would be a great idea, but their is one flaw and it is a flaw with all cryptos.
What is the guarantee value of exchange for a Mintcoin,
1 bitcoin, 1 satochi , or less
If we had a set value then your idea would work perfectly.
That is where the club comes in , the Club's presence will help provide that value of exchange by using a portion of the dues to place a floor under Mintcoin's price, say 1 or 2 satochi which would keep our coin from being delisted.
Also that is why any members that pay their due in Mintcoin would have to be sold to other members to keep from dropping the current prices on the exchanges.
If mintcoin were a stock , then the company of that stock would buy back there own stock when it went to low , that is one of the functions that the club will do.
All of this can be discussed and worked out at a later time by the club members.
If their is enough support from the survey.
 Cool
cryptomommy

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 11:17:42 PM

We currently have a project management system in place where I take ideas from the forums and and create a series of tasks for implementation. I have about 15 developers and community supporters in the system that can assign themselves to any task which they wish to take on. I pre-determine what roles are needed etc...

In this platform communication is had regarding the direction of the project, questions that come up and opinions on what next.

Now that the wallet has been updated it will be easier to handle coin control and properly manage a campaign.

The idea (as soon as I finish updating the website) is to assign a mintcoin address generated from a wallet owned by the mintcoin community (which I currently hold but will be passed down to the next person when needed) which has unique addresses for each initiative to held as a "bounty" so to speak for that particular initiative.

So in essence investors can "vote" for their initiatives by donating towards the bounty of that project (except I am currently giving them random donations from my personal wallet and praying others follow)

As long as we can keep the organization and management of the campaigns going the idea is that the more investors donate to projects, the more dedicated the volunteers will become the more projects will be completed - the more talented volunteers we will grow within our community.

Here is another piece to it all - credit of work for portfolio's and community tipping atmosphere.

My question is..
How can we use this system I have been working on building to create the "Mintcoin Guardians"?

Perhaps inviting the guardians into the developers circle for investing - creating a section where we offer portfolios of top investors and recent projects they have supported with a tipping address for the investor?

If possible I would like to keep this conversation going for a few days so I can create a strategy for implementation with your feedback. Ill submit an open pole next thursday (taking this weekend off - enjoy the wallet update!) and spread across the social networks taking everyone's feedback.
cryptomommy

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 11:36:59 PM

psst hey bag holders..
https://blockchain.info/address/136Xh9eLa6yYzcApqG2NCevv9PT6Xsy392

I just received a note from the block explorer admin that we are short on his monthly blackmail fees after being paid in full for our listing. We need .05 to keep this going every month or a nice bounty to pay someone to replace this jerk.

Okay - along with the previous .011 I had donated, I just made up the rest with another .029.

TxId: 01bfed9954d6305199e46d36ab8a312cf286b2818430b7aeda9814272ade163b

But let's really try to find another...  Undecided

This is awesome - thank you!

I upgraded my servers for hosting last week and it looks like RoboGuy might be up for the challenge of getting our new block explorer online for us.

Here is his bio - he is also the one who headed the wallet upgrade -
Roboguy3
Roboguy has over 25 years of design, engineering and software development experience. He is interested in developing technologies that are uniquely suited to cryptocurrency. He has created a spam filter for Thunderbird, that requires unknown senders to send cryptocoins to reach your inbox (eMailCoinFilter.com). He is currently working on interface changes to the Mintcoin wallet.
Mint: MgNKk73sP6q2XgT3beU7WV9SKppVGTGa2w
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:26:04 AM

We currently have a project management system in place where I take ideas from the forums and and create a series of tasks for implementation. I have about 15 developers and community supporters in the system that can assign themselves to any task which they wish to take on. I pre-determine what roles are needed etc...

In this platform communication is had regarding the direction of the project, questions that come up and opinions on what next.

Now that the wallet has been updated it will be easier to handle coin control and properly manage a campaign.

The idea (as soon as I finish updating the website) is to assign a mintcoin address generated from a wallet owned by the mintcoin community (which I currently hold but will be passed down to the next person when needed) which has unique addresses for each initiative to held as a "bounty" so to speak for that particular initiative.

So in essence investors can "vote" for their initiatives by donating towards the bounty of that project (except I am currently giving them random donations from my personal wallet and praying others follow)

As long as we can keep the organization and management of the campaigns going the idea is that the more investors donate to projects, the more dedicated the volunteers will become the more projects will be completed - the more talented volunteers we will grow within our community.

Here is another piece to it all - credit of work for portfolio's and community tipping atmosphere.

My question is..
How can we use this system I have been working on building to create the "Mintcoin Guardians"?

Perhaps inviting the guardians into the developers circle for investing - creating a section where we offer portfolios of top investors and recent projects they have supported with a tipping address for the investor?

If possible I would like to keep this conversation going for a few days so I can create a strategy for implementation with your feedback. Ill submit an open pole next thursday (taking this weekend off - enjoy the wallet update!) and spread across the social networks taking everyone's feedback.
I have had something implemented in Colossuscoin in the very same way as the Mintcoin guardians you speak of since the beginning of the year. A community is like a clan so it should adopt a tiered clan structure, I have spent time when I was younger moderating and managing forums for top clans of 300-400 people. The structure works because all long term members vote on new members and the "guardians" choose or reject other guardians. The only problem we had once was where we had let someone into the Development Team and they started trolling all the other members and was unanimously agreed upon to remove that person.

Instead of charging people to be a part of the guardians you should be paying them in Mintcoin and the way that can be done is by charging a % of stake to a group managed fund which needs a majority of keys, Armory style. Then you also raise the minimum fee to also be adaptive to the amount of combined transactions with a % minimum and change the Coinage to slightly decay over time. Bloat is a big issue and you don't want to have exchanges and other places clogging up the Blockchain with 1000's of combined transactions for large withdrawls so the way transactions are combined should also be looked at in how to make it more efficient.

You can check out exactly how I have setup the forum structure with my test forums I made a few months back, I'll just copy what I wrote about it from the forums.

The forum address is http://107.170.4.50/index.php

As a guest you can post in the guest section without logging in and cannot see the regular access development and marketing sections, Introduction, accepted and denied applications, or archived messages.

Only guests can see the "register now" board link

If you are registered you are a newbie to start and until you have a post count of 5 or higher, you cannot post in the general discussion or marketing and development sections, and posting in the guest section does not count to your post total. This is to limit people from signing up and just posting whatever they need in any section such as wallet issues in the general discussion and project sections.

At 10 posts you become a Jr Member and can now post in the application section.

As you post more, you gain more posting rights, use of avatars, polls etc.

Members and Development Team have larger sections then currently and the boards seem larger because all the child boards from General Discussion are split up and all the local child boards are now part of their own sections.

You can view how the boards look from each users point of view

As a guest not logged in

As a Newbie
Username: noob
Password: password

As a Full member
Username: member

As Development Team
Username: development

As a Global Moderator
Username: GlobalMod

Note: GlobalModerator would have the same rights and privileges as here but didn't want to just give away the right to delete each other lol

Original post:
I had a fantastic idea, I created a new Colossuscoin Test forum so that we can work open source on building our forums without people needing admin privileges. There is no domain for the forums, hopefully you guys can connect to it. I made a copy of the layout of our boards and combined it with the layout of Bitcointalk and Gaming forums and reorganised and renamed all the boards and edited all the descriptions. I think it would be a great addition to all the hard work Sudo and Heat007 put into the design of the forums. If you like my layout proposal I think it would be fairly easy for Sudo to copy all the board names and descriptions and I could help organize everything.

These are the Forums I made.
http://107.170.4.50/index.php

I find the forums to be a fantastic way to store a lot of useful information, I even have a section of where we can collaborate information on ideas and different methods.

I am not just suggesting these things, I am implementing them into the new structure of Colossuscoin, abeit a bit slower than I'd like to see it happen but making progress. Much of what I am working with is based off Mintcoin so I guess you guys will see whether the structure works or not regardless.
cryptomommy

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:52:06 AM

Thanks for sharing this - looking into now Smiley

My question is..

I have had something implemented in Colossuscoin in the very same way as the Mintcoin guardians you speak of since the beginning of the year. A community is like a clan so it should adopt a tiered clan structure, I have spent time when I was younger moderating and managing forums for top clans of 300-400 people. The structure works because all long term members vote on new members and the "guardians" choose or reject other guardians. The only problem we had once was where we had let someone into the Development Team and they started trolling all the other members and was unanimously agreed upon to remove that person.

Instead of charging people to be a part of the guardians you should be paying them in Mintcoin and the way that can be done is by charging a % of stake to a group managed fund which needs a majority of keys, Armory style. Then you also raise the minimum fee to also be adaptive to the amount of combined transactions with a % minimum and change the Coinage to slightly decay over time. Bloat is a big issue and you don't want to have exchanges and other places clogging up the Blockchain with 1000's of combined transactions for large withdrawls so the way transactions are combined should also be looked at in how to make it more efficient.

You can check out exactly how I have setup the forum structure with my test forums I made a few months back, I'll just copy what I wrote about it from the forums.

The forum address is http://107.170.4.50/index.php

As a guest you can post in the guest section without logging in and cannot see the regular access development and marketing sections, Introduction, accepted and denied applications, or archived messages.

Only guests can see the "register now" board link

If you are registered you are a newbie to start and until you have a post count of 5 or higher, you cannot post in the general discussion or marketing and development sections, and posting in the guest section does not count to your post total. This is to limit people from signing up and just posting whatever they need in any section such as wallet issues in the general discussion and project sections.

At 10 posts you become a Jr Member and can now post in the application section.

As you post more, you gain more posting rights, use of avatars, polls etc.

Members and Development Team have larger sections then currently and the boards seem larger because all the child boards from General Discussion are split up and all the local child boards are now part of their own sections.

You can view how the boards look from each users point of view

As a guest not logged in

As a Newbie
Username: noob

As a Full member
Username: member

As Development Team
Username: development

As a Global Moderator
Username: GlobalMod

Note: GlobalModerator would have the same rights and privileges as here but didn't want to just give away the right to delete each other lol

Original post:
I had a fantastic idea, I created a new Colossuscoin Test forum so that we can work open source on building our forums without people needing admin privileges. There is no domain for the forums, hopefully you guys can connect to it. I made a copy of the layout of our boards and combined it with the layout of Bitcointalk and Gaming forums and reorganised and renamed all the boards and edited all the descriptions. I think it would be a great addition to all the hard work Sudo and Heat007 put into the design of the forums. If you like my layout proposal I think it would be fairly easy for Sudo to copy all the board names and descriptions and I could help organize everything.

These are the Forums I made.
http://107.170.4.50/index.php

I find the forums to be a fantastic way to store a lot of useful information, I even have a section of where we can collaborate information on ideas and different methods.

I am not just suggesting these things, I am implementing them into the new structure of Colossuscoin, abeit a bit slower than I'd like to see it happen but making progress. Much of what I am working with is based off Mintcoin so I guess you guys will see whether the structure works or not regardless.
cryptomommy

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 01:23:24 AM

For those who have installed the new wallet. Close the wallet and re-open Smiley
Derek492

Activity: 356

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 02:06:33 AM

Hello all Mintcoiners,

I have uploaded a full copy of the Mintcoin Blockchain to Megaupload. This is to help all Mintcoiners who are new and want to fully sync their wallets from scratch quickly.

The link for the Blockchain as of August 11th is available here https://mega.co.nz/#!8x8zwZgS!TSg2kis3nLWx12_SsDFnbjQA-zDoOfhdkC09i3ks12g

The Zip file compresses the Blockchain by 31% and provides a direct link for download. The size of the file is 750 MB and takes about 1 hour to download vs approximately 36-48 hours to Sync from scratch.

I posted an in depth guide on sharing the Blockchain in this way a couple pages back as well.

Happy Mintcoining

Crestington

Fabulous! Thanks!

Cryptomommy asked me if I could do this for you guys and so I took the time out to do this for you guys so please make sure that this isn't going to get buried in the thread pages.

I don't own any Mintcoin and don't have a lot of time to devote to helping other Altcoins so I would like it if a someone from the community could take the time to test, adapt and polish the guide for Mintcoin which I posted a few pages back https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=450381.16600

In return for my services I would like it if you guys please could link me to the process you are using for uploading and hosting the Blockchain via Torrents.
Excellent! Do we have a torrent of this yet we can all seed? That way people can download it in like 5 minutes instead of an hour. I have lots of bandwidth to help out seeding.

I don't have loads of bandwidth, but I'd be more than happy to help seed.   Wink

Who can make a torrent and seed this? Also the magnet link on the announcement thread needs to be deleted as it is old and doesn't work.

Well I tried testing it out but it is not working for me.  I downloaded it, and pasted the files into my Appdata > Mintcoin folder but when I run the wallet, it gives an error message. Does this happen for anyone else?

It has worked with other coins, what exactly did you do and what error message was given?

I download the files to desktop and extracted them then copy and pasted and replaced the files into the Mintcoin folder where the old files were. This is the error:

Then I tried deleting the two blockchain files and then restarting, and then it works, but starts re-downloading the blockchain from scratch again.

When I have a bit of extra time over the next few days I'll go over it and run some tests, what operating system are you running? I did the Blockchain on a computer with Windows 7.

Running Windows 7 Home Edition

Stop Mining.   Start Minting.   Mintcoin  [MINT]
5% annual minting reward. Mintcoins don't wear out like mining gear. They keep on minting!
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 02:12:04 AM

I had the same thing happen on the buntu 64 bit wallet. It would not accept blkindex files from previous wallet and the download link at mega would not work. I had to let the wallet sync on its own.

Other than that, the new wallet is very nice and works fine.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
coolbeans94

Activity: 613

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 03:33:31 AM

Yeah. This block explorer is free, they make money on advertising... They also have a Mintcoin faucet.

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
DougB62

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:56:08 PM

Well it's certainly very quiet in here today!

I have an issue with the new wallet. Upon adding up my minting for a few hours last night, the total minted was over 600k, but the total coins only increased about 100k. I'm currently going through transactions and the blkch, but I'm wondering if anyone else sees anything like this?
cryptomommy

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:57:11 PM

I have an issue with the new wallet. Upon adding up my minting for a few hours last night, the total minted was over 600k, but the total coins only increased about 100k. I'm currently going through transactions and the blkch, but I'm wondering if anyone else sees anything like this?

Which wallet?
DougB62

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:58:48 PM

Which wallet?

Windows - sorry.
cryptomommy

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 06:06:52 PM

ok connecting with the developer now - I have it downloaded on a few different machines and was surprised I had no issues - what version of windows ?
DougB62

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 06:10:46 PM

ok connecting with the developer now - I have it downloaded on a few different machines and was surprised I had no issues - what version of windows ?

Win 7 Ultimate x64

Interestingly, I had quite a few transactions that exceeded 30k. I opened the previous version, and they aren't there... none of them. And now the minted amount matches what I have in my wallet... now to re-open the new wallet, after I have made a backup. Odd.

Edit - going back to the new version shows them all as there again, which makes the amount in my wallet differ greatly from what it's reporting as being minted.  Huh
Pages: « 1 ... 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 [818] 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: