Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 01:14:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] | DUSK Network | Privacy-oriented blockchain for Digital Securities!  (Read 145634 times)
traveler007

Activity: 840
Merit: 10

ZooomEx- a new cryptocurrency exchange!

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 09:32:02 AM

so the dusk tokens will be released initially on the market as erc20 and only after about six months there will be a possible swap, i hope the team make agreements with bitfinex so that the swap can be done directly on the exchange, i think a regulating of sto on a blockchain decentralized is quite difficult...

What about the STO tokens on the DUSK blockchain? If they are to be fully regulated, does that mean they can only be traded on regulated exchanges? Are there any fully regulated crypto exchanges?

s far as I know nowdays only Coinbase exchange ready to list such tokens. But if 2019 willbe year of security tokens than all other exchanges will be list them as well. I think they just must follow the financial regulators rules and cheking every token before listing.

[ Z ] ZooomEx0%  trading  FEE                            CRYPTO EXCHANGE 
facebook  |  TELEGRAM  |  ◥ twitter  [  A N N  ◾  B O U N T Y  ◾  WP   ]
████████████████████ (❪ TRADE NOW ❫) ████████████████████
DuskNetwork (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 474
Merit: 21

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 10:07:50 AM

Dusk will hit the market as an ERC20 placeholder until the release of our mainnet (Q2 2019)

So if i hold it in Bitfinex, will the swap be automatic or do i have to do anything to get swapped dusk tokens when the time comes?

More information about the swap will be released in due time Wink
DuskNetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 10:11:36 AM

Dusk will hit the market as an ERC20 placeholder until the release of our mainnet (Q2 2019)

So if i hold it in Bitfinex, will the swap be automatic or do i have to do anything to get swapped dusk tokens when the time comes?

I am also interested in this issue. Besides, will there be other exchanges?
Since Bitfinex is an exchange not for small investors.

There will be more exchanges but due to their requirements we can not conclude any information about potential new exchange listings in the future.
DuskNetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 10:16:24 AM

Does DUSK have it's own blockchain yet ?

Our Devnet has been launched. We plan to release our Tesnet in Q1 2019 and our Mainnet in Q2 2019, right now we're ahead of schedule.
DuskNetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 10:26:03 AM

How DUSK tokens will be generated? Will there be some mining process or all of them will be generated in one go?

The exact parameters will be determined after the extensive testing phase which will follow the completion of the core modules (i.e. MVP launch). We are considering to have a cliff-less decrease in the amount of tokens available per block (bare in mind that the total amount of tokens available per block does not particularly imply that this amount is going to be minted, as the amount of minted tokens will depend on the Provisioner stakes). The exact timeframe for the total supply release is not yet determined, but I would expect it to be in the magnitude of decades. After that, the Provisioner nodes will be rewarded solely in transaction fees. I would expect the rewards / inflation to be in 3-5% range.
DuskNetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 10:42:06 AM

Everyone talks about STOs but no one exactly knows how it will interact with the legacy jurisdictions... What do you code in a security token? Equity? Voting rights? Votes? Dividends?
If it's Dividends and equity isn't this a convertible note? Debt?

I think we still have to wait for regulation to follow through this before you make any hasty decision around STOs.

If STO done right it doesn't interfere with the legacy legal rules as per that jurisdiction. Just need to know what type of STO is compatible within which jurisdiction.

E.g. in the Netherlands STO'ing equity  would require a notary deed (from a notary) every time equity changes hands. This wouldn't make it the greatest fit.
Now if we use a construction such as the dutch STAK, we are able to trade economic rights derived from the equity without requiring a notary. Thus making it viable to STO economic rights (which in many respects are similar to equity) in the Netherlands. Its a matter of knowing what can be done, and how it should be done.

Do such constructions exist in most other countries too or is the legal situation of the Netherlands one of the exceptions?

And is this a form of legal arbitrage in which the situation could change as soon as the regulators or government notice such constructions are circumventing the intention of the law?

The construct exists in other jurisdictions but is often impeded by how freely they are transferable. For example the UK has a similar foundation governance structure, however the transfer of these share certificates is hampered by requiring a transfer deed / stamp duty. The latter is an issue because the big benefit is the increased liquidity and transferability of tokenized securities vs traditional securities. The Netherlands is something of an exception because of the lack of these impediments, however there are other jurisdictions, and many contractual mirror images being created in jurisdictions that do not have these features. The legal construct has been around for decades and is extremely typical, we foresee little legislative risk here.
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 11:53:31 AM

Our Devnet has been launched. We plan to release our Tesnet in Q1 2019 and our Mainnet in Q2 2019, right now we're ahead of schedule.

Nice, very nice, I didn't see many projects in the being ahead of their schedule, can't wait to see how it will roll out. Test net will be accessible by everyone?

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
MandatoryOption

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 02:55:15 PM

so the dusk tokens will be released initially on the market as erc20 and only after about six months there will be a possible swap, i hope the team make agreements with bitfinex so that the swap can be done directly on the exchange, i think a regulating of sto on a blockchain decentralized is quite difficult...

What about the STO tokens on the DUSK blockchain? If they are to be fully regulated, does that mean they can only be traded on regulated exchanges? Are there any fully regulated crypto exchanges?

I am not an expert so what are the requirements for an exchange to really list security tokens? Are there already exchanges right now that would qualify to trade tokens from an STO. Otherwise I would guess that new, fully regulated exchanges will emerge if security tokens become successful.
Makkara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 03:06:50 PM

I reckon all the big exchanges are going to get all the necessary permission if there are going to be money to be made with these kind of tokens.

Pi Network - mining app for phone: https://minepi.com/spippolino
Blockfolio trading: https://blockfolio.com/trading?r=MvFRE7EX98
pynetx

Activity: 798
Merit: 262

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 04:31:00 PM

Can we explore the testnet? Is it publicly available?
bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2898
Merit: 605

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 05:02:18 PM

i also can not wait to try the testnet to get an idea of ​​the potential of the platform, all the exchanges that work with fiat and sto will have to equip themselves to do kyc procedure, so obviously also dusk...
omwibya

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 06:41:56 PM

i also can not wait to try the testnet to get an idea of ​​the potential of the platform, all the exchanges that work with fiat and sto will have to equip themselves to do kyc procedure, so obviously also dusk...

bah, I hope not, this whole KYC thing doesn't sit well with me. crypto was supposed to be all about freedom.

⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●     Uchit - The Hub of Communication and Collaboration based on Blockchain Technology.     ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      Whitepaper     Facebook     Twitter     Telegram       ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
PRE-ICO | 1st April 2018
Frank37

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 06:47:12 PM

bah, I hope not, this whole KYC thing doesn't sit well with me. crypto was supposed to be all about freedom.

Fiat and STO?
This will most likely require a KYC.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
martinholly167

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 08:35:01 PM

I reckon all the big exchanges are going to get all the necessary permission if there are going to be money to be made with these kind of tokens.
A few of exchanges like bancor are already ready for security tokens trading and there are also some exchanges that are still preparing for this.
I read it on this article https://www.cointelligence.com/content/security-token-exchanges-launch-2019/
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 08:40:39 PM

Do such constructions exist in most other countries too or is the legal situation of the Netherlands one of the exceptions?

And is this a form of legal arbitrage in which the situation could change as soon as the regulators or government notice such constructions are circumventing the intention of the law?

The construct exists in other jurisdictions but is often impeded by how freely they are transferable. For example the UK has a similar foundation governance structure, however the transfer of these share certificates is hampered by requiring a transfer deed / stamp duty. The latter is an issue because the big benefit is the increased liquidity and transferability of tokenized securities vs traditional securities. The Netherlands is something of an exception because of the lack of these impediments, however there are other jurisdictions, and many contractual mirror images being created in jurisdictions that do not have these features. The legal construct has been around for decades and is extremely typical, we foresee little legislative risk here.

Thanks for your elaboration on the subject.

The Netherlands does appear to be a favorable country for corporate tax schemes and regulatory constructions. In fact, the Dutch Sandwich in combination with the Double Irish arrangement has existed for years. At some point it stops being a loophole and starts being a national strategy to attract business. The only thing to fear is other countries becoming jealous because they are missing out on the fun and putting pressure on the EU to rectify such exploits. But I digress.
belechau

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 10:38:21 PM

A few of exchanges like bancor are already ready for security tokens trading and there are also some exchanges that are still preparing for this.
I read it on this article https://www.cointelligence.com/content/security-token-exchanges-launch-2019/
I see STOs rushing into trading as initial sale, but just like for many, I think it's still kind of confusing. I'm not sure RN regarding the bond or agreement that is made with these projects
nabilapimpo

Activity: 602

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 10:47:08 PM

I see STOs rushing into trading as initial sale, but just like for many, I think it's still kind of confusing. I'm not sure RN regarding the bond or agreement that is made with these projects
Rushing to go to trade is a good thing dude, there is nothing to worry about. I'm sure the team has completed all pretty well. If they made a pact they have agreed to provide each other's advantages.

iBid    ▐    Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain   (❪  ► About us   ► Telegram  ❫)
◾ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬            AN  AUCTION    ❱    All auctions start at    $0
[   ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store   ]  ██ SIGN UP ██  ❱   with no minimum reserve
omwibya

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 11:12:59 AM

Fiat and STO?

no denying that , but I do wish we'd moved on past kyc at this point.

⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●     Uchit - The Hub of Communication and Collaboration based on Blockchain Technology.     ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      Whitepaper     Facebook     Twitter     Telegram       ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
PRE-ICO | 1st April 2018
Makkara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 12:37:03 PM

When goimg outside the mere crypto it's inevitable to have kyc as well, also because most of the time fiat is still involved.

[/quote]

Fiat and STO?
[/quote]

no denying that , but I do wish we'd moved on past kyc at this point.
[/quote]

Pi Network - mining app for phone: https://minepi.com/spippolino
Blockfolio trading: https://blockfolio.com/trading?r=MvFRE7EX98
beeelzebub

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2019, 02:07:54 PM

Fiat and STO?

Even airdrops which worth cents are requiring kyc of course this will too. It is annoying but there is no other option.

Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: