Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:08:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] | DUSK Network | Privacy-oriented blockchain for Digital Securities!  (Read 145628 times)
DuskNetwork (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 474
Merit: 21

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 12:22:48 PM

In the next 2 days there will be a V20 summit about crypto regulations. They are going to be discussing the new rules of the FATF, like the travel rule which means every transaction needs to include personal information. Obviously that is bound to have a huge impact on crypto.

https://www.coindesk.com/regulators-begin-to-debate-cryptocurrency-legislation-ahead-of-g20-summit

Do you think the new FATF rules and the discussion at the V20 summit will be relevant to DUSK?

Great question, thanks!

Right now, we strongly believe this will not be relevant for Dusk. However, since the FATF guidelines are recommendations for local jurisdictions to pick up on and implement (their own version), AND since its such a controversial topic, we stay informed through experts that know the ins-and-outs.

Even if it were to become relevant, which we don't believe it will, we are very versatile and have all the flexibility we'd need to create a Dusk Enhancement Recommendation (DER) and address it.
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
June 28, 2019, 06:02:16 PM

In the next 2 days there will be a V20 summit about crypto regulations. They are going to be discussing the new rules of the FATF, like the travel rule which means every transaction needs to include personal information. Obviously that is bound to have a huge impact on crypto.

https://www.coindesk.com/regulators-begin-to-debate-cryptocurrency-legislation-ahead-of-g20-summit

Do you think the new FATF rules and the discussion at the V20 summit will be relevant to DUSK?

Great question, thanks!

Right now, we strongly believe this will not be relevant for Dusk. However, since the FATF guidelines are recommendations for local jurisdictions to pick up on and implement (their own version), AND since its such a controversial topic, we stay informed through experts that know the ins-and-outs.

Even if it were to become relevant, which we don't believe it will, we are very versatile and have all the flexibility we'd need to create a Dusk Enhancement Recommendation (DER) and address it.

I have heard first time about this FATF... Hope this is not true. Is this for all cryptocurrencies or what?
When are you going to launch platform and list tokens? Do you have any rojects which are going STO on your platform already?
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 11:45:01 AM

I have heard first time about this FATF... Hope this is not true. Is this for all cryptocurrencies or what?

It is a rule for Virtual Asset Service Providers. The term "virtual asset" encompasses all cryptocurrencies, so yes.

The other part of the rule is "Service Providers", like exchanges that manage wallets on behalf of their users. ("Not your keys, not your coins")

Which means the rule does not apply to non-service providers. Individuals such as yourself will still be able to perform transactions among each other without having to include personal information.

Basically what FATF wants is to turn cryptocurrency addresses into bank account numbers. Almost every exchange has implemented KYC, so they already have your personal information. Now they want to stop you from anonymously withdrawing fiat.

I am not sure why FATF even allowed free trade between users. I suppose they want to let us enjoy the freedom of getting 'rekt', so long as it does not spill over into the 'real world'.
DuskNetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 04:29:01 PM

Dusk Network: Starting the Browser Nodes Era.

(Dusk Browser Node added to Chrome Web Store & Normal vs Malicious Mode)

We are extremely excited to release the Dusk Browser Node! Dusk Browser Nodes allow you to verify zero-knowledge (ZK) proofs sent over the Dusk Network directly in your browser, even when idle. It does its magic automatically and only takes a few clicks to run.

The Browser Node is a step towards a fully browser based blockchain experience and allows you to directly take part in Dusk’s consensus mechanism, taking care of part of the work that would otherwise be done by full nodes.

Take this opportunity to get familiar with the add-on, as we will be including future versions in our marketing efforts!

Download directly in the Chrome Store!

How to learn more about Dusk Network
Dusk eliminates the middlemen in regulated markets by using cryptography to implement privacy and trading restrictions on chain. This means we offer Security Tokenization that is private, scalable, and cheap.

Please consider joining us at the following media:

viljy

Activity: 1764
Merit: 886

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 05:36:11 PM

This is a demo version for the test network, as far as I understand. But I do not understand what it is - a wallet, node or what role this application performs? Maybe this app performs a role for "mining" and receiving rewards for confirming transactions?
Token Williams

Activity: 310
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 10:31:51 PM

Dusk Network: Starting the Browser Nodes Era.

http://i63.tinypic.com/rsctms.jpg
(Dusk Browser Node added to Chrome Web Store & Normal vs Malicious Mode)

We are extremely excited to release the Dusk Browser Node! Dusk Browser Nodes allow you to verify zero-knowledge (ZK) proofs sent over the Dusk Network directly in your browser, even when idle. It does its magic automatically and only takes a few clicks to run.

The Browser Node is a step towards a fully browser based blockchain experience and allows you to directly take part in Dusk’s consensus mechanism, taking care of part of the work that would otherwise be done by full nodes.

Take this opportunity to get familiar with the add-on, as we will be including future versions in our marketing efforts!

Download directly in the Chrome Store!

Dusk eliminates the middlemen in regulated markets by using cryptography to implement privacy and trading restrictions on chain. This means we offer Security Tokenization that is private, scalable, and cheap.

Since you're somethat performing the function of a node, do you also earn tokens with running this extension?
DuskNetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 09:22:46 AM

This is a demo version for the test network, as far as I understand. But I do not understand what it is - a wallet, node or what role this application performs? Maybe this app performs a role for "mining" and receiving rewards for confirming transactions?

Dusk Browser Nodes allow you to verify zero-knowledge (ZK) proofs sent over the Dusk Network directly in your browser. As of now it's just a demo but once we make our testnet public you will be able to connect the Browser Nodes and earn real tokens!
viljy

Activity: 1764
Merit: 886

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 10:33:34 AM

The app works perfectly. CPU on average is loaded by 30%. What is the function of the "Malicious mode" switch? I turned on, this app turned red...

Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 10:45:51 AM

Just tested the app. According to the description it is running on the testnet. I wonder what the scope of the test is and how accurate it is currently, since it depends on a websocket connection with proofbox.dusk.network. Will there be a more decentralized test later on?
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 10:52:12 AM

So if i am not misunderstanding with dusk browser node we will mine tokens. But my question is, it will be like classic pow? I mean better cpu means better tokens or nearly the same outcome with all computers if they can work chrome properly?

Also i am wondering what is the difference of malicious version? When i try this, my earned dusks turned into zero and started to fail continuosly.

DuskNetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 12:20:35 PM

Zero Knowledge Smart Contracts on Dusk Network

(XSC specifications paper V1.0)

Dusk Network is one of the most advanced projects in the privacy space, and we have worked tirelessly to extend our zero-knowledge research to Smart contracts. Our first smart contract standard is the Confidential Security Contract (XSC), and it is the de facto standard for security token issuance, trading, and management.

Today we are excited to release the first version of the XSC-specification. Through the XSC spec we give insight into the functionality built into our smart contracts.

Read the release!
View XSC Specifications V1.0 (pdf)!

sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 12:31:34 PM

Zero Knowledge Smart Contracts on Dusk Network

(XSC specifications paper V1.0)

Dusk Network is one of the most advanced projects in the privacy space, and we have worked tirelessly to extend our zero-knowledge research to Smart contracts. Our first smart contract standard is the Confidential Security Contract (XSC), and it is the de facto standard for security token issuance, trading, and management.

Today we are excited to release the first version of the XSC-specification. Through the XSC spec we give insight into the functionality built into our smart contracts.

Read the release!
View XSC Specifications V1.0 (pdf)!

I lost some sleep after i read your ama when i was speculating and studying what could those 2 large names be that you are working with, since i know from the past that you haven't really over hyped anything and this sounds like something to get excited about..
I just posted the XSC specs to my coder friends because most of that goes way above my understanding, making it a huge blind spot, and i just wanted to have an outsider expert to take a look at it.
DuskNetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 01:44:04 PM

Just tested the app. According to the description it is running on the testnet. I wonder what the scope of the test is and how accurate it is currently, since it depends on a websocket connection with proofbox.dusk.network. Will there be a more decentralized test later on?

The nodes are not running on the testnet yet. They are connected through a websocket stream to a centralized server that pushes ZK proofs that the browser node verifies. The idea is to stage the nodes and keep them running for a period of time before turning them either into fully functional blindbidders (block generator nodes) or zero-knowledge proof validators. This means not only that the browser nodes will be connected to the network in a decentralized way, but rather that they WILL be an active part of the decentralized network
DuskNetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 01:55:10 PM

So if i am not misunderstanding with dusk browser node we will mine tokens. But my question is, it will be like classic pow? I mean better cpu means better tokens or nearly the same outcome with all computers if they can work chrome properly?

Also i am wondering what is the difference of malicious version? When i try this, my earned dusks turned into zero and started to fail continuosly.

The Dusk browser node does not mine tokens. It lends processing power to the Dusk network to verify ZK proofs, not dissimilarly from the process envisioned by the truebit protocol. It is NOT proof of work (where miners uselessly compute the pre-image of a sha256 hash) since the consensus does not depend on it in the slightest. It is rather helping the network with verification of various zero-knowledge proofs in order to lighten the CPU load of the full nodes. The aim is to expand these browser nodes into full fledge block generators (which will participate to the consensus and get the rewards when they produce an accepted block) or verifiers (who can verify a zero-knowledge computation on behalf of the network).
The malicious mode simulates a node acting maliciously on the network (i.e. telling the server that the proof is valid when it is not or that it is invalid when it actually is valid). It is a way for us to test the slashing algorithm in case a node acts against the protocol.
PS92

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 02:54:13 PM

The Dusk browser node does not mine tokens. It lends processing power to the Dusk network to verify ZK proofs, not dissimilarly from the process envisioned by the truebit protocol. It is NOT proof of work (where miners uselessly compute the pre-image of a sha256 hash) since the consensus does not depend on it in the slightest. It is rather helping the network with verification of various zero-knowledge proofs in order to lighten the CPU load of the full nodes. The aim is to expand these browser nodes into full fledge block generators (which will participate to the consensus and get the rewards when they produce an accepted block) or verifiers (who can verify a zero-knowledge computation on behalf of the network).
The malicious mode simulates a node acting maliciously on the network (i.e. telling the server that the proof is valid when it is not or that it is invalid when it actually is valid). It is a way for us to test the slashing algorithm in case a node acts against the protocol.

Is there any data on how much of an impact the verification of ZK proofs has on your processing power?

DuskNetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 03:27:34 PM

Is there any data on how much of an impact the verification of ZK proofs has on your processing power?

The verification stops when the CPU uses more than 50% of what its capable of. This means that if the laptop/computer/smart-device is busy doing something else, the browser node suspends the verifications.
Frank37

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 04:16:48 PM

The Dusk Browser Node extension works great, I've run it in Brave.
Will there be added a wallet in the extension later?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2856
Merit: 605

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 04:54:26 PM

so the dusk node extension can also be used with brave, with chrome? but is it still under testnet? does it  not produce tokens yet?...
DuskNetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 05:10:36 PM

so the dusk node extension can also be used with brave, with chrome? but is it still under testnet? does it  not produce tokens yet?...

Yes, Brave is competible with every? Chrome extension I believe. The current browser nodes version is a demo. Once the testnet goes public you'll be able to earn real tokens which can be claimed upon mainnet launch!
DuskNetwork (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 05:17:02 PM

That's correct, stay tuned! Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: