Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:02:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Cypherfunks[FUNK]: a coin for a global band! Talking v2. Join! 80+ songs  (Read 148686 times)
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 11:58:37 AM

What do I do with my 100 million FUNK?

burn 50 - 90% to XFK?

Please explain???

soundposition

Activity: 322
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2014, 12:42:19 PM

burn 50 - 90% to XFK?

Please explain???

Simon is currently working on the mechanism to allow you to BURN, or rather convert your FUNK to XFK. Once that's finished, clear instructions on what to do with your FUNK are expected to follow. In the meantime, keep mining!

I'm an Operational Support Manager representative of GameCredits
  GameCredits Facebook   GameCredits Twitter   GameCredits G+
soundposition

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2014, 12:43:45 PM

Holy shit. Might be on Keiser Report guys!

https://twitter.com/maxkeiser/status/531546122670854144

I've finally got a project behind me, so I'll try and get to working on the vending machine (FUNK -> XFK) this week.

That's awesome Simon, I hope they fly you to London for an interview in the last half. If they do please give us a shout!

groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 02:46:26 PM
Last edit: November 10, 2014, 03:06:46 PM by groggin

burn 50 - 90% to XFK?

Please explain???

Simon is currently working on the mechanism to allow you to BURN, or rather convert your FUNK to XFK. Once that's finished, clear instructions on what to do with your FUNK are expected to follow. In the meantime, keep mining!

it is to become a dogeparty token, and as such it won't need any  it's own blockchain support, which will allow our dev to concentrate his efforts twards evolving new software/concepts for the "coin"

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
simondlr (OP)

Activity: 424
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 02:54:07 PM

I've finally got a project behind me, so I'll try and get to working on the vending machine (FUNK -> XFK) this week.

That's awesome Simon, I hope they fly you to London for an interview in the last half. If they do please give us a shout!

Doubt it. Would've been fun though. Will see how it progresses. Following up now.

And yes. Busy with the vending machine code!

Tip: BTC 1LbHAZv2mbZZMTu2k4xLcg8p5q4FatgkA7. Doge DFVzezccAsdq1LQwrPTDe1nMXKrL7aEUWY. FUNK: CXfgJPSbY1C5paVwiSHnm942tJPyK9xSfy
The Cypherfunks: a decentralized band & cryptocurrency. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=469407.0

Bitrated: https://www.bitrated.com/simondlr/
soundposition

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2014, 06:04:23 PM

Doubt it. Would've been fun though. Will see how it progresses. Following up now.

And yes. Busy with the vending machine code!

Well it's good to keep your expectations low so as to not get disappointed, but I have a good feeling about this.. I watch the Keiser report fairly regularly, and I know he only has appearances with guests in the RT Studio, not on Skype etc..

Anyways, keep us posted for sure! I also have tons of music I'm catching up on this week.

soundposition

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 10:53:51 PM

New acoustic rock song "Carefree" has been uploaded to Soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/soundposition/carefree

mckmuze

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 08:51:29 PM

So did everyone see the new feature in clear wallet for registering proof of existence within the platform? Love how the project is coming along with Peter Todd on board. I know we are using Dogeparty, but I think we should keep an eye on the project as a means of alternative to copyright.

The sec is being pressured to finish developing a plan to handle early stage equity and crypto is the way forward for that. I personally think we should use funk as a medium  for collaboration with each band/artist using an individual crypto equity. I want to do an equity offering for my fans as soon as the legal framework is finished. When I do I will personally provide liquidity to the funk market with a certain percentage of my equity offering. Not sure how this will work out but the more individual projects offering crypto equity engage in liquidity swaps and other financial deals, the faster we will see the music industry transform.

We wont know how we can do all this until the SEC issues guidlines for projects like The reddit equity offering, Overstock.com and many others working in this space. The more clear cut guidelines are for investors the easier it will be to go forward. Granted I would like to do this in a way that doesnt involve the regulatory vultures. but the world just isn't ready to approach things in any other way. So the necessary evils will persist. but it doesnt mean we cant restructure the music industry to favor artists and their fans as much as possible. Rather than corporate leeches that do nothing but drain an artists until they are quite literally, dead.

More and more people are beginning to see a new world taking shape, we are going to help mold it. this was a great read, really got me thinking. http://www.kalogiannideslaw.com/equity-crowdfunding-music-movies-books/
simondlr (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 12:29:02 PM

So did everyone see the new feature in clear wallet for registering proof of existence within the platform? Love how the project is coming along with Peter Todd on board. I know we are using Dogeparty, but I think we should keep an eye on the project as a means of alternative to copyright.

The sec is being pressured to finish developing a plan to handle early stage equity and crypto is the way forward for that. I personally think we should use funk as a medium  for collaboration with each band/artist using an individual crypto equity. I want to do an equity offering for my fans as soon as the legal framework is finished. When I do I will personally provide liquidity to the funk market with a certain percentage of my equity offering. Not sure how this will work out but the more individual projects offering crypto equity engage in liquidity swaps and other financial deals, the faster we will see the music industry transform.

We wont know how we can do all this until the SEC issues guidlines for projects like The reddit equity offering, Overstock.com and many others working in this space. The more clear cut guidelines are for investors the easier it will be to go forward. Granted I would like to do this in a way that doesnt involve the regulatory vultures. but the world just isn't ready to approach things in any other way. So the necessary evils will persist. but it doesnt mean we cant restructure the music industry to favor artists and their fans as much as possible. Rather than corporate leeches that do nothing but drain an artists until they are quite literally, dead.

More and more people are beginning to see a new world taking shape, we are going to help mold it. this was a great read, really got me thinking. http://www.kalogiannideslaw.com/equity-crowdfunding-music-movies-books/

Is the proof of existence externally developed or part of Counterparty as well (and other *party platforms). Haven't heard of it.

I've also wanted to explore using a token to sell shares (proper equity), but its way too legally grey atm.

Cheers for the ideas!

@soundposition: Really dig that tune! Looking forward to the rest.

Regarding development. More and more other shit keeps piling up and Cypherfunks have to get pushed down. It's so incredibly frustrating. I just don't know how you guys feel. I don't want you guys to keep mining forever, while I try to find time to code the vending machine. I'm starting to think just to ease up the whole process, to just go back to a manual burn again. Requires no lengthy coding setup. And once that's done, we can relax a bit more (well, I can at least Wink. Get focused on making music and building apps for the token and our community.

If I'm overly stressing about trying to get this vending machine code, then please tell me. Then we can take it more relaxed, and I'll eventually get to the vending machine code.

Just want to know what you guys are thinking. Cheers!

Tip: BTC 1LbHAZv2mbZZMTu2k4xLcg8p5q4FatgkA7. Doge DFVzezccAsdq1LQwrPTDe1nMXKrL7aEUWY. FUNK: CXfgJPSbY1C5paVwiSHnm942tJPyK9xSfy
The Cypherfunks: a decentralized band & cryptocurrency. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=469407.0

groggin
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 09:27:02 PM

no hurries, no worries   Cool Cool Cool

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
soundposition

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2014, 12:38:25 PM

I don't mind waiting for the vending machine, and mining in the meantime. I'm sure you will find some time at some point Simon.  Cool Cool Cool

soundposition

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 02:02:57 PM

Simon, did the video of the 'Inside Bitcoins' Conference ever come out? Also did you hear back from Max? I'm just really curious. I had a huge rush of ideas yesterday, and I need to put them all together so I can share them.

It clicked when I was looking at the Shapeways website (the 3D printing company) and had a vision of the future of decentralization and crypto-currency. The bottom-line is the old dinosaurs are on their way out. They can't keep up with disruptive innovations much longer.

Shapeways is a spin-off of "Royal" Philips Electronics and is headed by Dave Calhoun who concurrently heads The Neilson Company. Dudley Eustace is also Finance Director of Philips, and Chairman of The Neilson Company, but first and foremost he is an employee of N.M. Rothschild & Sons. Basically Shapeways, Philips, The Neilson Company, and Blackstone are all controlled and owned by the Rothschild family.

This means every time you 3D print something on Shapeways, you are making the richest family richer. That really goes for all of the services we are using, from Twitter, to Google, to Wikipedia, to Soundcloud. These services make money for the 0.1% and are basically parasites sucking money out of our pockets.

I was thinking about how we all seem to like (to some extent) the services these companies offer.  I started wondering how we could have versions of all of these companies that weren't making a few people richer, but actually the booty was distributed to the so called 'small' people like us instead of "big" companies like BP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th3LtLx0IEM

Think about it, when you want information you go to Google etc. which then displays information from Wikipedia. It's all a carefully designed, giant roundabout feedback loop hyperweb that ultimately results in major profits for the few owners of these mega-corporations that own these systems.

A Wikipedia for the people would mean the article contributors themselves would get paid from the financial contributions for doing the work (as they should). Did you know Wikipedia is a 'non-profit' organization, yet nearly all of the so called "contributions" go to the greedy fat-cats that run it? Remember all those "Please help keep Wikipedia alive, Donate today!" messages with that creepy picture of the Wikipedia founder?

A SoundCloud for the people would look like a decentralized Soundcloud that paid people to share music (which is basically what we are building with Cypherfunks). It doesn't even have to be a lot, even 36 cents a song would create a $100 Billion music industry. See: http://musicindustryrx.com/music-industry-18-to-100-billion-dollars-by-2020/

A Shapeways for the people would be decentralized, and allow anyone to become their own 3D printing manufacturer. Instead of a giant warehouse full of industrial 3D printers (owned by the 0.1%), there could be thousands of 3D printers all over the world. Each community could have it's own set of 3D printers for the community to use etc..

You can keep going with this idea to see where it's headed.. Companies that strive to become centralized monopolies (like The Neilson Company) and harm consumers (to benefit the few that stand to make lots of money by parasitizing the world population) will inevitably be unable to adapt to disruptive and innovative technologies. Especially if those technololgies are designed to pull out the rug under them in the first place, and redirect the bounty back to the people. A techno-Robin Hood style of revolution.

simondlr (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 10:26:52 AM

Sorry, only see this now @soundposition. Will reply this weekend! Smiley

groggin
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 10:45:43 AM

fwiw a good step to avoid the bot-net feedback loop: avoid google, bing etc., try ixquick, scroogle etc. first thing i do when installing a browser is to change the default search engine to one that does not permanently log ip
  then install hostsman and let it run (be sure to update it)
  then spybot s&d and use it

all my friends comps default to bing or whatever, their machines are infected, (with bad cookies, (bots) not viruses (viri?)) searches redirected for comercial purposes, they live in a search bubble that they don't want to break. they come to me for a fix, i give them the above advice and they ignore it. so it goes ...

simondlr (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 09:45:36 AM

Simon, did the video of the 'Inside Bitcoins' Conference ever come out? Also did you hear back from Max? I'm just really curious. I had a huge rush of ideas yesterday, and I need to put them all together so I can share them.

Sorry for coming back so late to you!

I tried finding it the other day. Doesn't seem like it. And no, unfortunately Max hasn't come back to me yet.

It clicked when I was looking at the Shapeways website (the 3D printing company) and had a vision of the future of decentralization and crypto-currency. The bottom-line is the old dinosaurs are on their way out. They can't keep up with disruptive innovations much longer.

Shapeways is a spin-off of "Royal" Philips Electronics and is headed by Dave Calhoun who concurrently heads The Neilson Company. Dudley Eustace is also Finance Director of Philips, and Chairman of The Neilson Company, but first and foremost he is an employee of N.M. Rothschild & Sons. Basically Shapeways, Philips, The Neilson Company, and Blackstone are all controlled and owned by the Rothschild family.

This means every time you 3D print something on Shapeways, you are making the richest family richer. That really goes for all of the services we are using, from Twitter, to Google, to Wikipedia, to Soundcloud. These services make money for the 0.1% and are basically parasites sucking money out of our pockets.

I was thinking about how we all seem to like (to some extent) the services these companies offer.  I started wondering how we could have versions of all of these companies that weren't making a few people richer, but actually the booty was distributed to the so called 'small' people like us instead of "big" companies like BP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th3LtLx0IEM

Think about it, when you want information you go to Google etc. which then displays information from Wikipedia. It's all a carefully designed, giant roundabout feedback loop hyperweb that ultimately results in major profits for the few owners of these mega-corporations that own these systems.

A Wikipedia for the people would mean the article contributors themselves would get paid from the financial contributions for doing the work (as they should). Did you know Wikipedia is a 'non-profit' organization, yet nearly all of the so called "contributions" go to the greedy fat-cats that run it? Remember all those "Please help keep Wikipedia alive, Donate today!" messages with that creepy picture of the Wikipedia founder?

A SoundCloud for the people would look like a decentralized Soundcloud that paid people to share music (which is basically what we are building with Cypherfunks). It doesn't even have to be a lot, even 36 cents a song would create a $100 Billion music industry. See: http://musicindustryrx.com/music-industry-18-to-100-billion-dollars-by-2020/

A Shapeways for the people would be decentralized, and allow anyone to become their own 3D printing manufacturer. Instead of a giant warehouse full of industrial 3D printers (owned by the 0.1%), there could be thousands of 3D printers all over the world. Each community could have it's own set of 3D printers for the community to use etc..

You can keep going with this idea to see where it's headed.. Companies that strive to become centralized monopolies (like The Neilson Company) and harm consumers (to benefit the few that stand to make lots of money by parasitizing the world population) will inevitably be unable to adapt to disruptive and innovative technologies. Especially if those technololgies are designed to pull out the rug under them in the first place, and redirect the bounty back to the people. A techno-Robin Hood style of revolution.

Totally. Spot on!

groggin
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 08:15:33 AM

https://www.swisscex.com/voting

simondlr (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 12:54:37 PM

https://www.swisscex.com/voting

Love that poster! Thanks for voting. Smiley

Cool new song @soundposition: https://soundcloud.com/soundposition/the-cypherfunks-stronger

I was at 2 conferences recently (2 panel discussions) and spoke a lot about The Cypherfunks! Hopefully we get some more eyes/ears soon.

kennyP

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 01:22:48 AM

Any news here? FUNK looked really promising a while back, I hope things are happening still!!
simondlr (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 01:02:45 PM

Any news here? FUNK looked really promising a while back, I hope things are happening still!!

Hey kennyP! Hopefully! I'll probably get around to detailing my plans for 2015 in the next 2 - 3 weeks (I have to get other stuff sorted out first).

Happy new year to all! Smiley

soundposition

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 02:23:19 PM

Hey kennyP! Hopefully! I'll probably get around to detailing my plans for 2015 in the next 2 - 3 weeks (I have to get other stuff sorted out first).

Happy new year to all! Smiley

I released two new Cypherfunks songs:

https://soundcloud.com/soundposition/the-cypherfunks-ignition

https://soundcloud.com/soundposition/the-cypherfunks-blue-sky

The value of the FUNK coin has gone up in recent months!

Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: