Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:31:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 [812] 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 ... 1743 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Blacknet BLN | Staking | Future of zApp & ZeFi  (Read 2509636 times)
PenguinsDancing

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 12:05:09 AM

Pointing out a legitimate bubble is not FUD.  There's no uncertainty here.  There are clear patterns in the alternate digital community and I provided two good examples.  Each time there's a downturn in digital currencies some random coin is always pump and then left to die.

There's no incentive for subsequent investors to come in and buy BC when it's valued at $10 million as the ROI isn't there anymore.  Meanwhile the Whales, who bought in for pennies when the capitalization was less than $100K, have incentive to convert their BC into BTC or a portfolio of new alternates.

First you have to stop comparing BC to other alt coins. That is like comparing a Kia to a Ferrari. Yes you are right other coins are pumped and then when the ROI is not there anymore investors sell off and pump another coin. I dumped roughly 9 Million Mint weeks ago and bought BlackCoin. I haven't sold my own personal holding of BlackCoin and I wont. BC is the coin where investors come for stability and preserve their wealth. You also have to factor in many other coins have one or a few people holding millions of coins. BlackCoin is fairly distributed so a massive dump from one or a few people is not likely to happen. As BlackCoin value continue to increase and more people hold it, the chances of a dump because less possible.

I also want to point out many other coins can't be used to by things. We are quickly overcoming that problem, and the devs and myself are working behind the scenes to make sure BC can be used as a legitimate currency.

So BlackCoin is the real test to see how viable can a POS coin be with all the right ingredients.

0.24 cents in about 12 hours and $1.00 by the end of the week.

Factor in other coins have one or a few people holding millions of coins? I'm really liking Blackcoin so far. But this, the exact opposite of what you claim:

http://agran.net/bc_getbalance.php?top=100

And the fact that there was a one week ''fair'' PoW mine period - which is bullshit because one week is far too short for it to be a fair distribution make me hesitate to buy in. Now don't tell me that if I think this way the coin is not for me, convince me.

You do realize many of those addresses are exchanges? You also do realize BC has over 74 million coins? If someone dumped 500,000+ coins (which we already seen happen a few times), guess what the effect is? It gets absorbed by smarter investors and quickly taken out of circulation.

Which ones are exchanges? How many of them? Can you tell? The total of that 100 addresses is roughly 45 milion coins. To me that looks like people waiting to sell at a higher price.

For anyone curious, I did a quick spreadsheet of the top 100 addresses and they constitute a total of 39,864,558.03 (that was an hour or so ago). So, a little over half. I didn't see a response estimating what fraction of that is exchanges. I'm also curious about how this distribution compares to other coins. I hear people saying that it is "fair", (which it might well be!) but does anyone have any numbers to support that?

I'm not trying to stir up trouble. Genuinely curious about how to think about what "fair" distribution actually means.

Dogecoin has a worse coin distribution if you look it up and that coin has been dispersed way more than Blackcoin.

Blackcoin is pretty fair as far as cryptos go.

You'll find in almost any coin though there's always a few lucky people who hold a ridiculous amount of coins (not exchange wallets). It just happens.

Ok, so from bitinfocharts, the top 100 addresses hold:

Bitcoin - 19.15%
Lite - 45.47%
Peer - 55.44%
Doge - 49.95%
Name - 51.10%
Aurora - 90.66%
Quark - 65.14%
Zeta - 74.50%
Vert - 33.23%
Feather - 49.94%
Nova - 66.22%
World - 61.52%
Mega - 70.25%
Terra - 55.73%

Blackcoin is 53% making it a bit worse than Doge, but about average overall. Not bad for a new coin I guess. I was a bit surprised to see how poor Litecoin's distribution is.
hellyeahent

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 12:07:03 AM

We need more websites that accept Blackcoin.. just like https://altoutlet.com/bc/ . It's the best way to give the coins some real value instead of only speculation. We need to be able to use those coins to buy goods and services!

Anyone have an idea of a website we could bombard with emails so they accept us? Smiley

we need more usd/BC on some major exchange like bitstamp (mb ask them to change name to blackstamp ?  Grin ) They have ripples too, so its not impossible Smiley
jordant

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 12:07:30 AM

We need more websites that accept Blackcoin.. just like https://altoutlet.com/bc/ . It's the best way to give the coins some real value instead of only speculation. We need to be able to use those coins to buy goods and services!

Anyone have an idea of a website we could bombard with emails so they accept us? Smiley

we need more usd/BC on some major exchange like bitstamp (mb ask them to change name to blackstamp ?  Grin ) They have ripples too, so its not impossible Smiley

Stamp won't add it. They won't even add LTC. We need BC on BTC-e.

hellyeahent

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 12:11:28 AM

Stamp won't add it. They won't even add LTC. We need BC on BTC-e.

We are blackcoin, not litecoin !  Tongue
hammerbrain

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 12:12:19 AM

Exactly...mined all day at 0.0003 -0.00035 but will get paid at the new pump....we're mining to make the big holders a few more hundred BTC....

Fuck this... Cheesy

Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 12:15:30 AM

Pointing out a legitimate bubble is not FUD.  There's no uncertainty here.  There are clear patterns in the alternate digital community and I provided two good examples.  Each time there's a downturn in digital currencies some random coin is always pump and then left to die.

There's no incentive for subsequent investors to come in and buy BC when it's valued at $10 million as the ROI isn't there anymore.  Meanwhile the Whales, who bought in for pennies when the capitalization was less than $100K, have incentive to convert their BC into BTC or a portfolio of new alternates.

First you have to stop comparing BC to other alt coins. That is like comparing a Kia to a Ferrari. Yes you are right other coins are pumped and then when the ROI is not there anymore investors sell off and pump another coin. I dumped roughly 9 Million Mint weeks ago and bought BlackCoin. I haven't sold my own personal holding of BlackCoin and I wont. BC is the coin where investors come for stability and preserve their wealth. You also have to factor in many other coins have one or a few people holding millions of coins. BlackCoin is fairly distributed so a massive dump from one or a few people is not likely to happen. As BlackCoin value continue to increase and more people hold it, the chances of a dump because less possible.

I also want to point out many other coins can't be used to by things. We are quickly overcoming that problem, and the devs and myself are working behind the scenes to make sure BC can be used as a legitimate currency.

So BlackCoin is the real test to see how viable can a POS coin be with all the right ingredients.

0.24 cents in about 12 hours and $1.00 by the end of the week.

Factor in other coins have one or a few people holding millions of coins? I'm really liking Blackcoin so far. But this, the exact opposite of what you claim:

http://agran.net/bc_getbalance.php?top=100

And the fact that there was a one week ''fair'' PoW mine period - which is bullshit because one week is far too short for it to be a fair distribution make me hesitate to buy in. Now don't tell me that if I think this way the coin is not for me, convince me.

You do realize many of those addresses are exchanges? You also do realize BC has over 74 million coins? If someone dumped 500,000+ coins (which we already seen happen a few times), guess what the effect is? It gets absorbed by smarter investors and quickly taken out of circulation.

Which ones are exchanges? How many of them? Can you tell? The total of that 100 addresses is roughly 45 milion coins. To me that looks like people waiting to sell at a higher price.

For anyone curious, I did a quick spreadsheet of the top 100 addresses and they constitute a total of 39,864,558.03 (that was an hour or so ago). So, a little over half. I didn't see a response estimating what fraction of that is exchanges. I'm also curious about how this distribution compares to other coins. I hear people saying that it is "fair", (which it might well be!) but does anyone have any numbers to support that?

I'm not trying to stir up trouble. Genuinely curious about how to think about what "fair" distribution actually means.

Dogecoin has a worse coin distribution if you look it up and that coin has been dispersed way more than Blackcoin.

Blackcoin is pretty fair as far as cryptos go.

You'll find in almost any coin though there's always a few lucky people who hold a ridiculous amount of coins (not exchange wallets). It just happens.

Bitcoin - 19.15%
Lite - 45.47%
Peer - 55.44%
Doge - 49.95%
Name - 51.10%
Aurora - 90.66%
Quark - 65.14%
Zeta - 74.50%
Vert - 33.23%
Feather - 49.94%
Nova - 66.22%
World - 61.52%
Mega - 70.25%
Terra - 55.73%

Blackcoin is 53% making it a bit worse than Doge, but about average overall. Not bad for a new coin I guess. I was a bit surprised to see how poor Litecoin's distribution is.

i believe mintpal is the  #1 #2 #3 top addresses

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
hellyeahent

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 12:25:45 AM

Exactly...mined all day at 0.0003 -0.00035 but will get paid at the new pump....we're mining to make the big holders a few more hundred BTC....

Fuck this... Cheesy

Its oposite Smiley U can sell for more if u have mined at 30000-35000 coz price is higher .
regmann

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 12:38:20 AM

i am crying so hard over the 4k bc i lost

wished i updated wallet before sending witch i did not ;(
digicidal

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 12:43:37 AM

Bitcoin - 19.15%
Lite - 45.47%
Peer - 55.44%
Doge - 49.95%
Name - 51.10%
Aurora - 90.66%
Quark - 65.14%
Zeta - 74.50%
Vert - 33.23%
Feather - 49.94%
Nova - 66.22%
World - 61.52%
Mega - 70.25%
Terra - 55.73%

The important thing to remember with any of those spreads is the fact that exchange wallets will always be in the top 100 (unless they just started) and many exchanges have more than one address (i.e. hot/cold wallets).  The other thing to remember when considering the 'fairness' is that BC was extremely fair in it's distribution - the problem which now appears to be lopsided, is that a ton of people that mined it in the PoW phase just dumped everything and moved on to the next coin.

In most cases they dumped those coins into investors like me who were just gobbling them up all the way down to 450 sats - and then all the way up to Huh (in my case when I ran out of BTC and any other alts I was holding to throw at BC).  As time goes on and those of us that were here at the beginning and have held throughout decide to take profits - there will slowly be greater distribution.

However, just like it is with anything of value... invariably there will always just be a few with a majority of the value.  Consider USD... that's somewhere around 1% controlling 95% of it. Smiley  In light of other forms of wealth, cryptos are possibly the most fair distribution of value we've seen on the planet since the invention of money.
jiosefjd

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 12:47:05 AM

That massive 70 BTC sell wall is all that's keeping this coin held down right now..... No resistance behind it.
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 12:48:15 AM

I had them on my pc because I was actively going from staking to swingtrading on mintpal. And yes I did have 2FA. I dont know how this guy got me but he has done it twice. Im trying very hard to keep a positive mind state and keep going but this is rough. I invested in mining hardware. Made about .7 BTC then lost it. Rebuild by investing in BC and ZET and finally get a good break and made a whole bitcoin which was much needed with electricty coming up and then its all gone again. like I said kikaida and keyboardcowboy have been extremely helpful but its rough. Imagine if you woke up today and all your coins were gone. How would you feel.

This looks similar to a man-in-the-browser attack.  The way 2FA is implemented on all the exchanges are not real 2FA it is 1.5FA.  As soon as you enter the code into the SAME channel as your UID and PWD you are susceptible to MITB attack or perhaps it is apt to call it man-in-the-wallet attack. The malware waits for you to enter the codes and as soon as you enter a tx the malware does another tx in the background. Have you upgraded your wallets against Heartbeat? That could be another attack vector.

True 2FA is a challenge that you receive on lets say your mobile phone and if you respond with the same out of band channel you have true 2FA. The 2FA app devs must enhance their products to enable response from the mobile back to the backend of the exchange so that you do not need to enter a code into the website itself. This way a number of attacks can be prevented. They can go one step further to install a cert on your phone via their app and this is tied to your exchange account and also display the tx you want to do in the app. This would also cut out a compromise of your email account as an authentication mechanism.
heartthew

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 12:49:14 AM

That massive 70 BTC sell wall is all that's keeping this coin held down right now..... No resistance behind it.

Cryptsy is trading 5% higher, with pretty big (and profitable) swings...
advanced

Activity: 267

Woodwallets.io

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 12:51:31 AM

Does anybody knows who is behind http://www.blackwallet.me/ ?   That a very useful service !

Bitmessage : BM-NAx31aEiqeq5zKUtxhKscXQ7Dwn1jJfR
PeterPalmBeach

Activity: 336

SellALL, BuyBTC

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 12:56:24 AM

Only 1,000,000 USD shy from topping Namecoin on coinmarketcap.com.
This is huge and will be remembered on Crypto as pioneers of the new "gold". Go BackCoin !
Jesse Livermore

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 12:56:34 AM

is the BC price going to stay ''high'' for long term or will it fall like doge after the ''mainstream adoption'' is completed?

Any thoughts on that aspect?

Whoa there, you are confused here:
DOGE peaked (on 2/11) just days after everyone holding it realized that DOGE had just been changed to a shitty infinite supply around Feb. 5. DOGE could have been a competitor to LTC but instead is now destined for shitcoin-dom.
There will be no infinite supply for BC like there is now for DOGE.

JL

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
takkaros

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 12:57:49 AM

If things keep going so well, I will have to buy me a BlacKlighteR and a cheap cigar (as I am not even a plangton with less than 800bc). Grin
Designed with the Blackcoin usb wallet in mind for a perfect match. I hope it's ok:)

I could order some of these, but I won't since you could do it yourself a lot cheaper
Tringi

Activity: 15

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 01:00:55 AM

IT JUST FELL!!! People started eating it and it was probably pulled by the whale behind it.
myelbow4

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 01:01:13 AM

sell wall is gone. 60k tonight.
jamieb81

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 01:02:59 AM

sell wall is gone. 60k tonight.

it's going towards 50k right now
onemanmob

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 01:03:38 AM

70 BTC SELL WALL ON MINTPAL GONE. JESUS THIS COIN GOIN UP UP UP
Pages: « 1 ... 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 [812] 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 ... 1743 »
  Print  

Jump to: