Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 10:46:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 [204] 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814493 times)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 09:55:33 PM

Bitcoin! Please send me a PM with the details of the issue.

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 10:22:30 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2015, 10:54:45 PM by Dyna

This is an interesting article. I see this as a strong endorsement of digital currency than a threat. When would the Bank of England or our Central Bank be willing and able to kill the banks? That will not happen for many generations, if ever. Neither will digital currency completely replace fiat currency. While the bankers get even more confused by the day, let us stay the course and move on.

However, I am 100% in agreement with the headline:

Bitcoin revolution could be the next internet, says Bank of England

The Bank of England has unveiled analysis of cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin that suggests electronic money could cause a tectonic shift in the payments industry

By Peter Spence, Economics Correspondent
3:47PM GMT 25 Feb 2015

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/currency/11434904/Bitcoin-revolution-could-be-the-next-internet-says-Bank-of-England.html

The arrival of electronic currencies could revolutionise the way Britons pay for goods and services, in much the same way as the internet shook up how we access information, the Bank of England has said.

Cashless forms of payment like the cryptocurrency Bitcoin “potentially combined with mobile technology, may reshape the mechanisms for making secure payments”, the central bank said.
While traditional currencies, including the pound, are backed by central banks, new alternatives have allowed individuals to exchange directly without any such third party.

The Bank could itself create digital currencies, making the new system available as it does with banknotes today. Research would be necessary to develop the technology “without compromising a central bank’s ability to control its currency and secure the system against systemic attack”, the Bank said.
The idea of countries launching their own electronic currencies has gained pace in recent weeks, as Yanis Varoufakis became Greece’s newest finance minister. The Greek-born economist has previously suggested that “the technology of Bitcoin, if suitably adapted, can be employed profitably in the eurozone as a weapon against deflation”.

Nonetheless, the costs could be outweighed by a wave of payments innovation, if the Bank were to issue its own digital currency. The Bank said: “Creating such a system would entail creating a protocol for value transfer over the internet, akin to what [Tim] Berners-Lee did for information.”

Ken Tindell, an independent technologist, said that if the Bank launched a parallel digital pound alongside banknotes, this could reduce the cost of remitting currency abroad. This “is a very costly affair with the existing players” he said.

The Bank said that it could investigate whether moving to digital currencies could threaten traditional banking models, as consumers moved towards holding electronic money themselves, rather than depositing it with high street lenders.

Mr Tindell said: “If the Bank were to create its own successful payments system then it would inevitably disrupt … existing inter-bank payments, but it would also affect companies like Western Union.”

The Bank’s comments were included with the launch of its One Bank Research Agenda, a new framework for conducting research. The Bank is looking at issues beyond its traditional scope, to see how monetary policy interacts with developments such as lengthening life spans and climate change.

Unveiling the new programme in London, Mark Carney, the Bank’s Governor, said: “Economies are complex, dynamic, and constantly evolving systems.”

“Policymakers need research to help understand these phenomena and to craft our responses,” he added.
The research agenda has been launched in the aftermath of the 2012 Stockton Review, which recommended that the Bank embrace a “more assertive and experienced staff”, that might be “capable of breaking the momentum of the house view”.

New technology has already “enabled the emergence of new business models, such as peer-to-peer lending and crowdfunding, which create alternative sources of finance for both individuals and businesses”, the Bank continued.
Bitcoin!

Activity: 768
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 11:31:01 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2015, 12:24:05 AM by Bitcoin!

Well seying the transaction history you might be right but it can only mean that poloniex adress was used for this scam, if it was poloniex insidejob or someone using the exchange is speculation but i have an account there so ill ask if they have information about the wallet!
I dont have anything to hide beside this transactions i allready posted in the blockexplorer its there more descriminated!

http://explorer.cryptoblox.com/address/DaVqny4F5AGzTecqqu1ByxoNvDSJnbYC2t

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [SCRYPT] /////_
_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
Report to moderator 
_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 11:49:05 PM

Well seying the transaction history you might be right but it can only mean that poloniex adress was used for this scam, if it was poloniex insidejob or someone using the exchange is speculation but i have an account there so ill ask if they have information about the walett!
I dont have anything to hide beside this transactions i allready posted in the blockexplorer its there more descriminated!

http://explorer.cryptoblox.com/address/DaVqny4F5AGzTecqqu1ByxoNvDSJnbYC2t

Thanks Bitcoin! Sorry to hear. That may be the only reasonable investigative route to take at this point, hopefully they can help.

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 11:52:01 PM

This is an interesting article. I see this as a strong endorsement of digital currency than a threat. When would the Bank of England or our Central Bank be willing and able to kill the banks? That will not happen for many generations, if ever. Neither will digital currency completely replace fiat currency. While the bankers get even more confused by the day, let us stay the course and move on.

However, I am 100% in agreement with the headline:

Bitcoin revolution could be the next internet, says Bank of England

The Bank of England has unveiled analysis of cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin that suggests electronic money could cause a tectonic shift in the payments industry

By Peter Spence, Economics Correspondent
3:47PM GMT 25 Feb 2015

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/currency/11434904/Bitcoin-revolution-could-be-the-next-internet-says-Bank-of-England.html

The arrival of electronic currencies could revolutionise the way Britons pay for goods and services, in much the same way as the internet shook up how we access information, the Bank of England has said.

Cashless forms of payment like the cryptocurrency Bitcoin “potentially combined with mobile technology, may reshape the mechanisms for making secure payments”, the central bank said.
While traditional currencies, including the pound, are backed by central banks, new alternatives have allowed individuals to exchange directly without any such third party.

The Bank could itself create digital currencies, making the new system available as it does with banknotes today. Research would be necessary to develop the technology “without compromising a central bank’s ability to control its currency and secure the system against systemic attack”, the Bank said.
The idea of countries launching their own electronic currencies has gained pace in recent weeks, as Yanis Varoufakis became Greece’s newest finance minister. The Greek-born economist has previously suggested that “the technology of Bitcoin, if suitably adapted, can be employed profitably in the eurozone as a weapon against deflation”.

Nonetheless, the costs could be outweighed by a wave of payments innovation, if the Bank were to issue its own digital currency. The Bank said: “Creating such a system would entail creating a protocol for value transfer over the internet, akin to what [Tim] Berners-Lee did for information.”

Ken Tindell, an independent technologist, said that if the Bank launched a parallel digital pound alongside banknotes, this could reduce the cost of remitting currency abroad. This “is a very costly affair with the existing players” he said.

The Bank said that it could investigate whether moving to digital currencies could threaten traditional banking models, as consumers moved towards holding electronic money themselves, rather than depositing it with high street lenders.

Mr Tindell said: “If the Bank were to create its own successful payments system then it would inevitably disrupt … existing inter-bank payments, but it would also affect companies like Western Union.”

The Bank’s comments were included with the launch of its One Bank Research Agenda, a new framework for conducting research. The Bank is looking at issues beyond its traditional scope, to see how monetary policy interacts with developments such as lengthening life spans and climate change.

Unveiling the new programme in London, Mark Carney, the Bank’s Governor, said: “Economies are complex, dynamic, and constantly evolving systems.”

“Policymakers need research to help understand these phenomena and to craft our responses,” he added.
The research agenda has been launched in the aftermath of the 2012 Stockton Review, which recommended that the Bank embrace a “more assertive and experienced staff”, that might be “capable of breaking the momentum of the house view”.

New technology has already “enabled the emergence of new business models, such as peer-to-peer lending and crowdfunding, which create alternative sources of finance for both individuals and businesses”, the Bank continued.

Mark Carney is the ex Governor of The Bank of Canada.  Canada has a very strong and stable banking system and faired better than most countries during the 2009 crisis.  He left the position in Canada to take the position as the Governor of the Bank of England, likely in the hopes he could strengthen their banking system.

From Wikipedia:   "Mark Joseph Carney, OC (born March 16, 1965) is a Canadian central banker and the current Governor of the Bank of England and Chairman of the G20's Financial Stability Board.[3] He was previously the Governor of the Bank of Canada, and began his career at Goldman Sachs and the Canadian Department of Finance. Carney has been credited with shielding Canada from the worst effects of the late-2000s financial crisis, and has earned recognition by the Financial Times and Time magazine as a top figure in the financial world."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Carney

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Bitcoin!

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 11:52:47 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2015, 12:28:41 AM by Bitcoin!

In regards of the article digital currency is every banks nightmare, cause in the banking system you can make money disapear in crypto because of the blockchain you can allways now where the coins are, so at least you know where it is in regards of finding out who stole the coins and who has them thats another story, for now i would say but i believe that problem could be solved by the blockchain itself, but if that happens where would be the privacy and the lack of regulation that popple of the crypto world like so much, thats a tough one!

Report to moderator 
waterpile

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 12:22:43 AM

In regards of the article digital currency is every banks nightmare, cause in the banking system you can make money disapear in crypto because of the blockchain you can allways now where the coins are, so at least you know where it is in regards of finding out who stole the coins and who has them thats another story, for now i would say but i believe that promblem could be solved by the blockchain itself, but if that happens where would be the privacy and the lack of regulation that popple of the crypto world like so much, thats a tough one!

IMO crypto and bank can't go hand in hand. Thats why government hates crypto they can't regulate it
Bitcoin!

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 12:27:15 AM
Last edit: February 27, 2015, 01:32:14 AM by Bitcoin!

I ow an appologie to infovortice2013 to jump on him but that was the only lead i had was the adress, you showed me proof so i have no reason to doubt you, sorry again!

Report to moderator 
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 12:44:35 AM

I ow an appologie to infovortice2013 to jump on him but that was the only lead i had was the adress, you showed me proof so i have no way to doubt you, sorry again!

Thanks Bitcoin!, I'm sure he understands, and we all appreciate your situation.

infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 01:22:03 AM

I ow an appologie to infovortice2013 to jump on him but that was the only lead i had was the adress, you showed me proof so i have no way to doubt you, sorry again!

all right bro no problem, you are wellcome, like told you in pm i loose a good quanty time ago not by scam but for pc hacked and not had backup of wallet, so i can understand the feeling.
Bitcoin!

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 01:27:27 AM

This comunity really kicks ass just wanted to say that Dnotes sent me 1,000 dnotes to my dnotesvault if we all could be a little les gready this really would be a better world! Maybe we can conquer that together one day in not so distance future! Long live Dnotes long live the Cryptocomunity! On the other hand i never had free money from a bank! LOLOLOL

Report to moderator 
Bitcoin!

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 01:30:54 AM

all right bro no problem, you are wellcome, like told you in pm i loose a good quanty time ago not by scam but for pc hacked and not had backup of wallet, so i can understand the feeling.

Ive guess weve all been there so diversification is the key, to have some back up, that one i had to learn the hard way and never leave many coins in an exchange lesson number two!

Report to moderator 
mafort1469

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 01:42:56 AM

Ive guess weve all been there so diversification is the key, to have some back up, that one i had to learn the hard way and never leave many coins in an exchange lesson number two!

Hey, I didn't mean to jump down your throat either, it is that I have seen this so many times and seen so many people getting burned by this so I was quick to judge. I should have looked first to see that you were an actual serious member on BCT. Anyway I hope all is well now.
Bitcoin!

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 01:51:22 AM

Yap no problem, an update on the situation the walett is really from Poloniex and thats where the search ends im not goying to ask them to tell me if they can get some information because like all exchanges its all about money and privacy, if bter didnt got theyr 7170 btc back with a bounty of 720 BTC theres really no chance in hell for me to get my 6000 dnotes back!

Report to moderator 
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 04:13:22 AM

It has been a stressful day and I am glad that we have been able to clear up a few things. Hopefully we all learned a little from it.  Sorry that Bitcoin has to go through that kind of losses. It is certainly a lesson learned for all of us. Together we will recover. I must add that we never doubted infovortice2013. His “English may be dangerous” to quote him, but he is a good man. I absolutely trust and respect him.

As I have said before, this is a tough industry and more challenging than anything else I have ever encountered in my 39 years as an entrepreneur in different industries. On average 80% of startups failed within the first two years. Unfortunately, in the cryptocurrency world I would venture to say that over 90% will fail. Be very selective and invest with caution. If you pick the right investment candidate there is the potential for high returns, but there are no assurances that you will.

We are mindful of those risks at DNotes and have positioned ourselves very differently to minimize those risks so that we can maximize our potential for high returns. We believe that to be successful in this business we have to do many things well. Being able to do one or two things exceptionally well while performing poorly in others is not good enough to be successful in this industry.

We must all work well together as a group in pursuit of our common goal, in the most productive and respectful manner possible. In my opinion, the destructive conduct in many coin communities has been a major contributor to their struggle for survival. As a reminder, at DNotes, our first rule of engagement is “Do not engage.” We always investigate every situation promptly to determine the best course of action.

Let us move on to the next project. The launching of CRISP For Students.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 04:17:42 AM
Last edit: February 27, 2015, 06:13:44 AM by Dyna

As posted on Feb. 17, 2015:

CRISP is The Engine of Growth for DNotes and the Vehicle to Mass Acceptance of Digital Currency

With the new roll out of CRISP for Retirement, following CRISP for Kids this current family of two will be expanded to a family of five by June this year. More could be added later. Each of them has a mission of its own and a primary marketing target. The synergistic effect of them all, leveraging on the strength of each other, will deliver a powerful punch; the network effect with ever gathering strength. That will be the engine of growth for DNotes and the vehicle to mass acceptance of Digital Currency.

CRISP For Kids will be the pride of parents and grandparents for years to come and will be the flagship of CryptoMoms. Now that CryptoMoms has established a good foundation, we will soon be ready to step up a PR campaign to encourage women’s participation in digital currency. Director – Chase.  Primary target = women

CRISP For Retirement will have a general appeal to anyone who wants to supplement their underfunded individual retirement savings account with DNotes for high potential returns. Beyond that, it is our “foot in the door” to reach out to small business owners with revenue of $1 to $50 million. Our mission is to promote ownership of DNotes among small business owners who will be the drivers of mass merchant adoption of DNotes as a medium of exchange. Many winning strategies are being incorporated as part of our overall strategic plan.  Director – RJF. Primary target = small business owners.

CRISP For Students will initially focus on university and college students. It could rapidly spread to include younger students. Our mission is to grow the next generation of DNotes stakeholders and be a real solution to student loan crises. A dedicated website serving a wide variety of students needs is likely. This will include an online market place for students worldwide as well as special education projects and scholarship funds. Director – TeeGee. Primary target – students.

Stay tuned for more ……
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 04:19:21 AM

Breaking News:

CRISP For Students

CRISP For Students is now scheduled to be launched the week of March 30, 2015 supported with a full press release. We encourage everyone to support this program in any way possible. Students who are interested to take an active role to help promote this project should PM me or TeeGee, (Director of CRISP For Students).

We will be launching CRISP For Students in two phases. Phase one will be launched in a limited scale with a landing page on DNotesVault. The project will be fine tuned, expanded and perfected while we develop a dedicated web site. We anticipate this to be a massive worldwide project as we plan to grow our next generation of DNotes stakeholders and groom our future leaders.” Phase Two will be launched in the second half of 2016.

Stayed tuned for more details.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 05:53:07 AM

This is a must read article. A real eye opener. Check it out.

HOW WESTERN UNION RIPS YOU OFF AND BITCOIN DOESN’T

The most recent release of the Bitcoin Core walletallows the user to define the transaction fee they are willing to pay. The amount that a user is willing to pay does, in the end, affect the speed of their transactions. However, users who pay no fee at all are not necessarily going to be prevented from having their transactions confirmed. Liken it to a standby flight, but for currency.

Read more:
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/western-union-rips-off-bitcoin-doesnt/
RJF

Activity: 616

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 06:07:00 AM

It has been a stressful day and I am glad that we have been able to clear up a few things. Hopefully we all learned a little from it.  Sorry that Bitcoin has to go through that kind of losses. It is certainly a lesson learned for all of us. Together we will recover. I must add that we never doubted infovortice2013. His “English may be dangerous” to quote him, but he is a good man. I absolutely trust and respect him.

As I have said before, this is a tough industry and more challenging than anything else I have ever encountered in my 39 years as an entrepreneur in different industries. On average 80% of startups failed within the first two years. Unfortunately, in the cryptocurrency world I would venture to say that over 90% will fail. Be very selective and invest with caution. If you pick the right investment candidate there is the potential for high returns, but there are no assurances that you will.

We are mindful of those risks at DNotes and have positioned ourselves very differently to minimize those risks so that we can maximize our potential for high returns. We believe that to be successful in this business we have to do many things well. Being able to do one or two things exceptionally well while performing poorly in others is not good enough to be successful in this industry.

We must all work well together as a group in pursuit of our common goal, in the most productive and respectful manner possible. In my opinion, the destructive conduct in many coin communities has been a major contributor to their struggle for survival. As a reminder, at DNotes, our first rule of engagement is “Do not engage.” We always investigate every situation promptly to determine the best course of action.

+1  The mutual respect here is the thing that sets us apart and will continue to lead us to success...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 02:05:57 PM

I agree most coins are dead or dumped hard, fed of of seeing coins die and dumped..I will be purchasing a few more DNOTES bags in a week or two when my budget is sorted.. I am just renewing my blog domain then will do a blog post for the CRISPS FOR RETIREMENT etc..  Al;so landlord sent builders in because we got bathroom leakages so having the builders around for a week is a bit tough on my nerves lol so bear with me..congrats yet again for stability and longevity in DNOTES..

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Pages: « 1 ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 [204] 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: