Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 12:04:11 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 [214] 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 06:30:08 PM

Here is what I see right now for the CR.I.S.P. for Students initial setup and landing page from my end.

When they reach the landing page, they will read about the CR.I.S.P. for Students program, and at the bottom there will be a form. They will be required to have a DNotesVault.com account before filling out this form. We can ask for their registration email (to send some DNotes to), their name, school, course of study, and a comments field that they can leave a message for the DNotes team.
What else do we want to see on this form?

We can have a table that displays the number of students who have signed up already.
Is there any other statistics?

I believe TeeGee mentioned 500 DNotes for the first 200 students who sign up.
Should we send that as a timed send?
Maybe 100 immediately, and 400 distributed over time. This will ensure 100,000 worth of DNotes isn't going straight to the exchange.
Are we making the requirements pretty loose for the first 200?
After the first 200, we can incorporate a strict system to reduce exploitation.

Regarding where to promote it. Student forums is a great a idea. Eventually, we can reward students for promoting at their school to earn more DNotes. Also, we can directly contact the administration and teachers.

That is a great start. TeeGee is correct. We will be giving out 500 DNotes each for the first 200 students who sign up. Our objective is to make it real easy and convenient for students to sign, own some DNotes and to quickly gain a real life experience of this amazingly superior digital currency innovation. We strongly discourage them to cash out any of their gift. It is meant to be an educational aid. We should encourage them to download the blockchain, and create their own wallet and even set up an exchange account to do some life trades. This opportunity could be a life changing experience as many high paying jobs will become available in the cryptocurrency space. Meanwhile, those students who demonstrated a serious interest and commitment will have many opportunities to earn more DNotes. They all can save some DNotes to help pay for their student loan one day.

I continue to notice the use of "CR.I.S.P." verse "CRISP". May be it's time to have a word game and include the word "CRISP" as part of the DNotes’ dictionary. What do you guys think?

Marc has been thinking about coming up with a Handbook for Employee Incentive Benefits initially. How about all of us helping Marc out to come up with a Handbook for all the CRISP Plans and may be titled it as “CRISP Benefits Plans” or something to that effect. It will become very useful. I will help out as much as I can.

That all sounds good and, CRISP is more elegant and easy on the eye, lets loose the periods!

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
mafort1469

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 06:38:47 PM

Agree, CRISP is good. I will have an outline for the "CRISP Benefits Plans" with sections for all of the current CRISP plans and also for future releases. I will have this available to you all by Sunday. You can review and add, delete, etc to your liking on your specific section(s). All input will be greatly appreciated. I believe having all plans in one handbook will be beneficial. This way we can have one electronic document to reference for any and all interested parties.
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 06:50:38 PM

Up coming Press Release:

As a result of our community’s efforts, it has inspired us to issue a press release to be published sometime next week. This will be the most widely distributed press release and expected to be well received by the mainstream media. Next week will be quite exciting. Be sure to visit this forum often and participate when you can. We also encourage our student supporters to offer TeeGee as much help as possible. We are fortunate to have his leadership as the Director of CRISP For Students. He works hard to pay for his schooling and contributed in many ways to the success of DNotes. We all appreciate that very much, TeeGee.
SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 08:49:40 PM

Up coming Press Release:

As a result of our community’s efforts, it has inspired us to issue a press release to be published sometime next week. This will be the most widely distributed press release and expected to be well received by the mainstream media. Next week will be quite exciting. Be sure to visit this forum often and participate when you can. We also encourage our student supporters to offer TeeGee as much help as possible. We are fortunate to have his leadership as the Director of CRISP For Students. He works hard to pay for his schooling and contributed in many ways to the success of DNotes. We all appreciate that very much, TeeGee.

Very well said. We are very fortunate to have very capable directors in all the CRISP programs. I have found in past experiences that successful and capable leaders attract successful and capable people. You are all an inspiration for me. (and the entire DNotes Team) To see so many come together to solve problems and create value humbles me. Makes me want to work even harder to make this a success.

P.S.   CRISP...not C.R.I.S.P.........my nickels worth (inflation).......

Smokey
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 09:24:20 PM

Here is what I see right now for the CRISP for Students initial setup and landing page from my end.

When they reach the landing page, they will read about the CRISP for Students program, and at the bottom there will be a form. They will be required to have a DNotesVault.com account before filling out this form. We can ask for their registration email (to send some DNotes to), their name, school, course of study, and a comments field that they can leave a message for the DNotes team.

We can have a table that displays the number of students who have signed up already.

Maybe 100 immediately, and 400 distributed over time. This will ensure 100,000 worth of DNotes isn't going straight to the exchange.

Regarding where to promote it. Student forums is a great a idea. Eventually, we can reward students for promoting at their school to earn more DNotes. Also, we can directly contact the administration and teachers.

Excellent points DNotes.

I'm in agreement not only on the basis that student's might try to cash in early, and lose their advantage because they wanted some immediate money, but because it also makes sense to withhold some from a marketing perspective. Preventing students from being able to swap / trade their DNotes straight away would mean that they would miss out on all the excitement of watching DNotes develop. Students who have an 'oh, well i'll just grab these and see how we go', would change their attitude to 'WHOA HAVE YOU SEEN THOSE DNOTES!!!!??? - In the last year they launched this and that service, and the value jumped up such and such percentage, it's been my best investment ever... you should get some too!'.

I would also consider reserving some of the DNotes for future users - perhaps drop the awarded amount in line with appreciation in value against bitcoin or the USD? The main point I'd like to drive home is that the USD is not the currency of the future, that DNotes is, and that they should forget what things are worth in USD, because in 5 years they will only need their DNotes. Step by step, and with each new CRISP and DnotesVault feature, these students will begin to believe in DNotes mission and the capability for the team to achieve it. I can envision applications, shops and services provided by third parties within 18 months on the DNotes infrastructure, which will further accelerate adoption.

Up coming Press Release:

I'm very interested in ascertaining help from the community / cunning students in infiltrating Facebook and other social media groups and perhaps copy and pasting a pre-written pitch for DNotes that I will write myself and get checked off by DYNA. I also think an Infographic that advertises the launch along with the most crucial and succinct message that we are trying to push incorporated into it - which I'm sure I can get a really good friend to do at a low cost, and I would like to fund myself since he will probably only want NZ dollars. I will however gift him DNotes too, and watch his excitement as his Notes do their thing.

I personally believe that there are people out there termed 'mavens', who have an inordinate amount of social influence on the large network of friends and followers they tend to have. These are the types of people I would like to get DNotes into the hands of, and I'm sure we all know a maven - that friend who gets along with everybody really well, has a large network of friends, and the friend people often emulate the behaviour and style of. Mavens set trends, and if you know a maven, I think getting DNotes into their hands could be the best thing for this coin. The advantage is, is that DNotes can continue to fly under the radar a little while longer while these 'mavens' hold onto their DNotes. They may or may not be excited about holding onto them, but sure enough within a year I'm pretty sure they will be! I would hope that this timeline would allow these 'trend-setters' to exert their influence, at the 'perfect time' when the DNotes team decide to protrude from their shell and push a PR campaign that will encourage mass adoption, and fly under the radar no more.

I'm interested in hearing people's thoughts anyway. I'm sure anybody who went to university and school will remember that there were mavens or 'cool kids' that everybody copied. Let's bring them to crypto!

From Wikipedia

"Malcolm Gladwell used the term (Mavens) in his book The Tipping Point (Little Brown, 2000) to describe those who are intense gatherers of information and impressions, and so are often the first to pick up on new or nascent trends. The popularity of the work of Safire and Gladwell has made the word widely used in their particular contexts. Gladwell also suggests that mavens may act most effectively when in collaboration with social influencers - i.e., those people who have wide network of casual acquaintances by whom they are trusted, often a network that crosses many social boundaries and groups.

In network theory and sociology, a maven is someone who has a disproportionate influence on other members of the network.[citation needed] The role of mavens in propagating knowledge and preferences has been established in various domains, from politics to social trends"

I also like using CRISP instead of CR.I.S.P. This is a very cool community in that, none of us know each other, but our shared interest in crypto has meant that we have met online and are now working towards common goals. It also turns out that there seems to be a lot of talented people in this community. Maybe that is because so many people in crypto are the 'early adopter' mavens that I just talked about?

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 11:17:03 PM

Excellent post, TeeGee. I honestly wish I knew as much as you do when I was your age. We are very proud to have you as part of our team. My commitment is to help build a near perfect framework upon which DNotes can build a solid foundation that can outlast any test of time. Once that is accomplished, the professional managers can run the show with the best business practices just like any other well managed major corporations.

DNotes is more than a stable digital currency built upon trust and integrity. It is built, alongside the currency, as a business capable of immense growth few will understand until it has already taken place. It reminds me of a quote from George Bernard Shaw:

Some people see things as they are and say why. I dream things that never were and say why not?”

I am working on a press release for next week that is quite compelling. It has the appeal to draw the “Mavens” a little closer to DNotes’ mission. I am certain that one day DNotes will be a part of many cocktail party conversations.
grandmama

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:42:06 AM

Here is what I see right now for the CRISP for Students initial setup and landing page from my end.

When they reach the landing page, they will read about the CRISP for Students program, and at the bottom there will be a form. They will be required to have a DNotesVault.com account before filling out this form. We can ask for their registration email (to send some DNotes to), their name, school, course of study, and a comments field that they can leave a message for the DNotes team.

Excellent points DNotes.

I'm in agreement not only on the basis that student's might try to cash in early, and lose their advantage because they wanted some immediate money, but because it also makes sense to withhold some from a marketing perspective. Preventing students from being able to swap / trade their DNotes straight away would mean that they would miss out on all the excitement of watching DNotes develop. Students who have an 'oh, well i'll just grab these and see how we go', would change their attitude to 'WHOA HAVE YOU SEEN THOSE DNOTES!!!!??? - In the last year they launched this and that service, and the value jumped up such and such percentage, it's been my best investment ever... you should get some too!'.

I would also consider reserving some of the DNotes for future users - perhaps drop the awarded amount in line with appreciation in value against bitcoin or the USD? The main point I'd like to drive home is that the USD is not the currency of the future, that DNotes is, and that they should forget what things are worth in USD, because in 5 years they will only need their DNotes. Step by step, and with each new CRISP and DnotesVault feature, these students will begin to believe in DNotes mission and the capability for the team to achieve it. I can envision applications, shops and services provided by third parties within 18 months on the DNotes infrastructure, which will further accelerate adoption.

Up coming Press Release:

I'm very interested in ascertaining help from the community / cunning students in infiltrating Facebook and other social media groups and perhaps copy and pasting a pre-written pitch for DNotes that I will write myself and get checked off by DYNA. I also think an Infographic that advertises the launch along with the most crucial and succinct message that we are trying to push incorporated into it - which I'm sure I can get a really good friend to do at a low cost, and I would like to fund myself since he will probably only want NZ dollars. I will however gift him DNotes too, and watch his excitement as his Notes do their thing.

I personally believe that there are people out there termed 'mavens', who have an inordinate amount of social influence on the large network of friends and followers they tend to have. These are the types of people I would like to get DNotes into the hands of, and I'm sure we all know a maven - that friend who gets along with everybody really well, has a large network of friends, and the friend people often emulate the behaviour and style of. Mavens set trends, and if you know a maven, I think getting DNotes into their hands could be the best thing for this coin. The advantage is, is that DNotes can continue to fly under the radar a little while longer while these 'mavens' hold onto their DNotes. They may or may not be excited about holding onto them, but sure enough within a year I'm pretty sure they will be! I would hope that this timeline would allow these 'trend-setters' to exert their influence, at the 'perfect time' when the DNotes team decide to protrude from their shell and push a PR campaign that will encourage mass adoption, and fly under the radar no more.

I'm interested in hearing people's thoughts anyway. I'm sure anybody who went to university and school will remember that there were mavens or 'cool kids' that everybody copied. Let's bring them to crypto!

From Wikipedia

"Malcolm Gladwell used the term (Mavens) in his book The Tipping Point (Little Brown, 2000) to describe those who are intense gatherers of information and impressions, and so are often the first to pick up on new or nascent trends. The popularity of the work of Safire and Gladwell has made the word widely used in their particular contexts. Gladwell also suggests that mavens may act most effectively when in collaboration with social influencers - i.e., those people who have wide network of casual acquaintances by whom they are trusted, often a network that crosses many social boundaries and groups.

In network theory and sociology, a maven is someone who has a disproportionate influence on other members of the network.[citation needed] The role of mavens in propagating knowledge and preferences has been established in various domains, from politics to social trends"

I also like using CRISP instead of CR.I.S.P. This is a very cool community in that, none of us know each other, but our shared interest in crypto has meant that we have met online and are now working towards common goals. It also turns out that there seems to be a lot of talented people in this community. Maybe that is because so many people in crypto are the 'early adopter' mavens that I just talked about?

I was waiting for someone to comment on the realization that this community and people working to make this happen did not and do not really know each other except for this task at hand.  There are a few of the originals that do know each other but so many now have come on board with the same goals in mind.  What a great common goal that all are like minded to make DNotes something that can be trusted and used as a means of currency in an easy manner.  All the CRISP programs will truly be of financial security to so many who can understand the end results which are trying to be accomplished.  This is not a currency for the pump and dumpers but rather a currency for those who are trying to be financially responsible.  The shared interest working towards great common goals says so much!  Keep up the great work and I am proud to be a part of this!!
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 01:04:52 AM

Here is what I see right now for the CR.I.S.P. for Students initial setup and landing page from my end.

When they reach the landing page, they will read about the CR.I.S.P. for Students program, and at the bottom there will be a form. They will be required to have a DNotesVault.com account before filling out this form. We can ask for their registration email (to send some DNotes to), their name, school, course of study, and a comments field that they can leave a message for the DNotes team.

That is a great start. TeeGee is correct. We will be giving out 500 DNotes each for the first 200 students who sign up. Our objective is to make it real easy and convenient for students to sign, own some DNotes and to quickly gain a real life experience of this amazingly superior digital currency innovation. We strongly discourage them to cash out any of their gift. It is meant to be an educational aid. We should encourage them to download the blockchain, and create their own wallet and even set up an exchange account to do some life trades. This opportunity could be a life changing experience as many high paying jobs will become available in the cryptocurrency space. Meanwhile, those students who demonstrated a serious interest and commitment will have many opportunities to earn more DNotes. They all can save some DNotes to help pay for their student loan one day.

I continue to notice the use of "CR.I.S.P." verse "CRISP". May be it's time to have a word game and include the word "CRISP" as part of the DNotes’ dictionary. What do you guys think?

Marc has been thinking about coming up with a Handbook for Employee Incentive Benefits initially. How about all of us helping Marc out to come up with a Handbook for all the CRISP Plans and may be titled it as “CRISP Benefits Plans” or something to that effect. It will become very useful. I will help out as much as I can.

That all sounds good and, CRISP is more elegant and easy on the eye, lets loose the periods!

I like to think of this as the evolution of an acronym.  What started off as CR.I.S.P. and needed to be followed by "Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plan" so everyone knew what the heck we were talking about, grew so it could stand alone as CR.I.S.P.  It is now strong enough to be it's own recognizable word - CRISP!

CRISP Contest coming soon!

Sorry, no hints, so stay tuned for details! Wink

Smiley Smiley

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 02:53:37 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2015, 03:07:41 AM by Chase

From Wikipedia

Brilliant!  I have never heard the term Mavens, but that type of person starts showing their "stuff" as young as preschool and people keep following them for life.  You're right, they are a perfect target for DNotes.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 01:28:24 PM

Excellent post, TeeGee. I honestly wish I knew as much as you do when I was your age. We are very proud to have you as part of our team. My commitment is to help build a near perfect framework upon which DNotes can build a solid foundation that can outlast any test of time. Once that is accomplished, the professional managers can run the show with the best business practices just like any other well managed major corporations.

DNotes is more than a stable digital currency built upon trust and integrity. It is built, alongside the currency, as a business capable of immense growth few will understand until it has already taken place. It reminds me of a quote from George Bernard Shaw:

Some people see things as they are and say why. I dream things that never were and say why not?”

I am working on a press release for next week that is quite compelling. It has the appeal to draw the “Mavens” a little closer to DNotes’ mission. I am certain that one day DNotes will be a part of many cocktail party conversations.

Thank you for the kind words, but just remember - Google (or should I have said the internet? - one day people will say DNotes as money too). Just imagine all the extra things you could have accomplished - like start DNotes many years earlier, if the internet was around when you were my age! I count myself lucky to be born in the information age, where google is at my fingertips, and research is simple. With the innovations this team is pushing, I'll be saying to the next generation (which will be what, Gen Z?) - 'I wish I was my own bank when I was your age' or 'I wish I had access to cheap credit from anywhere in the world for my start-up at your age'... not to mention the unknowns like - 'I wish I was able to download the internet to my brain when I was your age!'... (although transhumanism and human senescence obviously won't be for all!).

My take home point is, each generation makes use of the take home gifts that the previous generation leaves them. DYNA and his generation gave us computers, his fathers generation gave us the aeroplane, and his father's father the internal combustion engine - my fathers generation gave us the internet, debit cards and the Rolling Stones. Each generations made massive advancements in medicine that improved livelihoods for all and we all use tech advancements left to us, to propel humanity higher even faster! Now we are at a crossroads where a mix of people from different parts of the globe from many different generations are working together to help every person become their own bank, and free them from the clutches of debt slavery via the DNotes project.

Who knows what the ramifications will be? and what I'll one day be saying to my children... (other than 'shhhh, you get access to your first CRISP when you turn 18'.

Hope I didn't make anybody feel older than they would like! Purely illustrative.

Brilliant!  I have never heard the term Mavens, but that type of person starts showing their "stuff" as young as preschool and people keep following them for life.  You're right, they are a perfect target for DNotes.

I would encourage anybody to read Malcolm Gladwells books - The first of which I read was the 'tipping point - how little things can make a big difference'. For those who want a quick once over, some of the main ideas are described here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tipping_Point

I remember reading about Mavens in there, and ideas like this extract:

"The Law of the Few", or, as Malcolm Gladwell states, "The success of any kind of social epidemic is heavily dependent on the involvement of people with a particular and rare set of social gifts".[3] According to Malcolm Gladwell, economists call this the "80/20 Principle, which is the idea that in any situation roughly 80 percent of the 'work' will be done by 20 percent of the participants"

I read it many years ago when I was perhaps 17 or 18 after my dad put me onto it, and I may have a different idea if I were to read it again now. From memory though it was really interesting, as was Gladwell's book "blink - The power of thinking without thinking" (all about instinctive judgements) and "Outliers - The story of success" which was really eye opening, and many people repeat the 10,000 hour rule to master a craft discussed in it.

"A common theme that appears throughout Outliers is the "10,000-Hour Rule", based on a study by Anders Ericsson. Gladwell claims that greatness requires enormous time, using the source of The Beatles' musical talents and Gates' computer savvy as examples.[3] The Beatles performed live in Hamburg, Germany over 1,200 times from 1960 to 1964, amassing more than 10,000 hours of playing time, therefore meeting the 10,000-Hour Rule. Gladwell asserts that all of the time The Beatles spent performing shaped their talent, and quotes Beatles' biographer Philip Norman as saying, "So by the time they returned to England from Hamburg, Germany, 'they sounded like no one else. It was the making of them.'"[3] Gates met the 10,000-Hour Rule when he gained access to a high school computer in 1968 at the age of 13, and spent 10,000 hours programming on it.[3]

In Outliers, Gladwell interviews Gates, who says that unique access to a computer at a time when they were not commonplace helped him succeed. Without that access, Gladwell states that Gates would still be "a highly intelligent, driven, charming person and a successful professional", but that he might not be worth US$50 billion.[3] Gladwell explains that reaching the 10,000-Hour Rule, which he considers the key to success in any field, is simply a matter of practicing a specific task that can be accomplished with 20 hours of work a week for 10 years. He also notes that he himself took exactly 10 years to meet the 10,000-Hour Rule, during his brief tenure at The American Spectator and his more recent job at The Washington Post.[2]"

Bill Gates was one of 3 or 4 people on the planet who had met the 10,000 hour mastery of computers by the time demand for skills in the sector skyrocketed, and Gladwell argues this played a material role in his long term success.

"It is not about being first, but being in the best position at the most opportune time" - DYNA, sometime... ages ago amongst the myriad of old forum pages.

keemo

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 01:57:43 PM

Quite an excellent post by TeeGee on Mavens and Social Influencers. As father of a teenager who one could call a Maven, I first hand notice his reach and influence via social media, text messaging etc. His word is pretty much gospel and people fall in line behind what he promotes. It is almost like a currency to be cool i.e. towing his line. At the same time, there are kids who want to be influential and try hard to get a following but their efforts go nowhere.

So I can attest to this Maven phenomenon and see its immediate impact on marketing. Any effort spent to cultivate Maven has disproportionate returns in number of followers he will cultivate, while marketing to a non-maven does not have follow-on network effect. There is one slight problem however, it seems these mavens are seen as fiercely independent and non-conformist so they have to wanna come to you; they will not risk their image by being seen as influenceable.

-----------
PS: Notes from an inveterate nosy father who has not afforded his kids carte blanche exploration of the digital world.
infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 02:59:38 PM

Good ideas to CRISP open search for CRISPers  Grin Join us and take logaritmic profit of Dnotes tech wherever you are.

nice read guys, but i come to push alert button, vampire trader arrives again poloniex with his 15-20 BTC , What we can do like comunity to fight against this profesional pumper-dumper, can-should-must we like comunity do something making some wall or something¿?
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 03:45:35 PM

Good ideas to CRISP open search for CRISPers  Grin Join us and take logaritmic profit of Dnotes tech wherever you are.

nice read guys, but i come to push alert button, vampire trader arrives again poloniex with his 15-20 BTC , What we can do like comunity to fight against this profesional pumper-dumper, can-should-must we like comunity do something making some wall or something¿?

Thanks for the alert, infovortice. The "vampire trader" (trading bots) at poloniex is a short term concern. It has certainly caused a downtrend, consumed a few hours of my time and cost a few more BTC than I care to part with. I am confident that DNotes' long term stakeholders will continue to hold on to their stash. Some may see this as a buying opportunity. Let the forces of the free market take its course. This is another stress test for DNotes. We are keeping a very close eye on it. My money is on DNotes.
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 04:08:55 PM

Temporary condition my friend, not a big concern but certainly annoying. I did some buying for my part, that's the best way to counter the Bot's selling. Won't make a big difference in the long run. There will always be speculation and Bots, it's life....

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 04:26:54 PM

Temporary condition my friend, not a big concern but certainly annoying. I did some buying for my part, that's the best way to counter the Bot's selling. Won't make a big difference in the long run. There will always be speculation and Bots, it's life....

I agree. It is annoying. We have concluded that they are at every exchange.
Mochilles

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 05:55:00 PM

i come to push alert button, vampire trader arrives again poloniex with his 15-20 BTC , What we can do like comunity to fight against this profesional pumper-dumper

Hold on there, that's me you're talking about! (wrongly)

I added the 15 BTC buy support this morning as a friendly foundation for the community. The orders were getting thin, so I thought it might be helpful to put some coins in the hat on the street. I'm neither a professional pumper nor dumper - just a guy who believes in DNotes and wanted to add some backup. You don't need to do anything to 'fight against' me. I'm just here, minding my own business.

The recent decline was probably just random people getting out of BTC when the price dropped a little. Sometimes some people just have to get into fiat, from whatever alt they're in. Besides, we had such a rush from 4000 to 7000 that it was certainly due a small correction. There's hardly enough liquidity for a pump and dump in notes - we're all safe for a long time to come.

Nobody lose their shit. I'm one of the good guys!
infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 06:04:35 PM

i come to push alert button, vampire trader arrives again poloniex with his 15-20 BTC , What we can do like comunity to fight against this profesional pumper-dumper

I added the 15 BTC buy support this morning as a friendly foundation for the community. The orders were getting thin, so I thought it might be helpful to put some coins in the hat on the street. I'm neither a professional pumper nor dumper - just a guy who believes in DNotes and wanted to add some backup. You don't need to do anything to 'fight against' me. I'm just here, minding my own business.

The recent decline was probably just random people getting out of BTC when the price dropped a little. Sometimes some people just have to get into fiat, from whatever alt they're in. Besides, we had such a rush from 4000 to 7000 that it was certainly due a small correction. There's hardly enough liquidity for a pump and dump in notes - we're all safe for a long time to come.

just must say sorry im wrong bro, but sure some loose and some earn, you know and if comunity have mecanism to protect price should be better for all, if 10 people go and buy 0.5 maybe only give money to dumper, but if this 10 make a buy wall in a determinated price give stability to Dnotes and rest profit for others,
you are wellcome mochilles
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 06:24:52 PM

Thank you for the kind words, but just remember - Google (or should I have said the internet? - one day people will say DNotes as money too). Just imagine all the extra things you could have accomplished - like start DNotes many years earlier, if the internet was around when you were my age! I count myself lucky to be born in the information age, where google is at my fingertips, and research is simple. With the innovations this team is pushing, I'll be saying to the next generation (which will be what, Gen Z?) - 'I wish I was my own bank when I was your age' or 'I wish I had access to cheap credit from anywhere in the world for my start-up at your age'... not to mention the unknowns like - 'I wish I was able to download the internet to my brain when I was your age!'... (although transhumanism and human senescence obviously won't be for all!).

My take home point is, each generation makes use of the take home gifts that the previous generation leaves them. DYNA and his generation gave us computers, his fathers generation gave us the aeroplane, and his father's father the internal combustion engine - my fathers generation gave us the internet, debit cards and the Rolling Stones. Each generations made massive advancements in medicine that improved livelihoods for all and we all use tech advancements left to us, to propel humanity higher even faster! Now we are at a crossroads where a mix of people from different parts of the globe from many different generations are working together to help every person become their own bank, and free them from the clutches of debt slavery via the DNotes project.

Who knows what the ramifications will be? and what I'll one day be saying to my children... (other than 'shhhh, you get access to your first CRISP when you turn 18'.

Hope I didn't make anybody feel older than they would like! Purely illustrative.

I would encourage anybody to read Malcolm Gladwells books - The first of which I read was the 'tipping point - how little things can make a big difference'. For those who want a quick once over, some of the main ideas are described here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tipping_Point

"The Law of the Few", or, as Malcolm Gladwell states, "The success of any kind of social epidemic is heavily dependent on the involvement of people with a particular and rare set of social gifts".[3] According to Malcolm Gladwell, economists call this the "80/20 Principle, which is the idea that in any situation roughly 80 percent of the 'work' will be done by 20 percent of the participants"

I read it many years ago when I was perhaps 17 or 18 after my dad put me onto it, and I may have a different idea if I were to read it again now. From memory though it was really interesting, as was Gladwell's book "blink - The power of thinking without thinking" (all about instinctive judgements) and "Outliers - The story of success" which was really eye opening, and many people repeat the 10,000 hour rule to master a craft discussed in it.

"A common theme that appears throughout Outliers is the "10,000-Hour Rule", based on a study by Anders Ericsson. Gladwell claims that greatness requires enormous time, using the source of The Beatles' musical talents and Gates' computer savvy as examples.[3] The Beatles performed live in Hamburg, Germany over 1,200 times from 1960 to 1964, amassing more than 10,000 hours of playing time, therefore meeting the 10,000-Hour Rule. Gladwell asserts that all of the time The Beatles spent performing shaped their talent, and quotes Beatles' biographer Philip Norman as saying, "So by the time they returned to England from Hamburg, Germany, 'they sounded like no one else. It was the making of them.'"[3] Gates met the 10,000-Hour Rule when he gained access to a high school computer in 1968 at the age of 13, and spent 10,000 hours programming on it.[3]

In Outliers, Gladwell interviews Gates, who says that unique access to a computer at a time when they were not commonplace helped him succeed. Without that access, Gladwell states that Gates would still be "a highly intelligent, driven, charming person and a successful professional", but that he might not be worth US$50 billion.[3] Gladwell explains that reaching the 10,000-Hour Rule, which he considers the key to success in any field, is simply a matter of practicing a specific task that can be accomplished with 20 hours of work a week for 10 years. He also notes that he himself took exactly 10 years to meet the 10,000-Hour Rule, during his brief tenure at The American Spectator and his more recent job at The Washington Post.[2]"

Bill Gates was one of 3 or 4 people on the planet who had met the 10,000 hour mastery of computers by the time demand for skills in the sector skyrocketed, and Gladwell argues this played a material role in his long term success.

"It is not about being first, but being in the best position at the most opportune time" - DYNA, sometime... ages ago amongst the myriad of old forum pages.

As usual, this is another excellent post, TeeGee. The 80/20 Rule has been revised and refined a number of times to make it more generally applicable to help explain many different situations and outcomes.

Among those, “Dr. Juran's observation of the "vital few and trivial many", the principle that 20 percent of something always are responsible for 80 percent of the results, became known as Pareto's Principle or the 80/20 Rule” has been used most often as a rule of thumb.

As an interesting note, 80% of business startups failed in the first two years. I would venture to say that the failure rate in the crypto currency world will be significantly higher. In my opinion 90% will fail.

This should help explain why DNotes is so firmly committed to be the best in class right from its beginning. Our mindset is to be the best in everything we do. Instead of taking a risk that there is an 80% chance that we could fail, we have an 80% chance that we could succeed. Of course, that is if we are satisfied with the 80/20 rule. That may be good enough for some, but certainly not good enough for our team. We are committed to accept nothing short of wanting to be the best in everything we do. May be one day, someone can write a book about what it means to be the best in class and why it matters to score high in every category upon which we are being judged. May be one of the core missions of CRISP for Students is draw upon the strengths of “Mavens” to groom the next generation of the “vital few”.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 07:07:57 PM

Mochilles, I noticed the 15 BTC support almost instantly. I was thinking that if I only knew who this supporter was he deserves “a big thank you” from all of us. This is a strong demonstration of support. We appreciate that very much.

The real concern is based on our observation of increased participation of Bot trading. Bots are programmed with one objective in mind. That is to trade with the biggest spread and as often as possible to squeeze the most money out of DNotes stakeholders. If it can be avoided, DNotes stakeholders should not sell into their buy orders. Bots can not dump when they do not have the DNotes to dump. This is another reason why a DNotes exchange has always been part of our strategic plan, which may take years to be fully implemented. This is an industry problem, and at a minimum it is annoying. Thanks again, Mochilles. We appreciate your confidence in DNotes and will continue to work hard to do the best we can.
keemo

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 08:02:27 PM

As usual, this is another excellent post, TeeGee. The 80/20 Rule has been revised and refined a number of times to make it more generally applicable to help explain many different situations and outcomes.

Among those, “Dr. Juran's observation of the "vital few and trivial many", the principle that 20 percent of something always are responsible for 80 percent of the results, became known as Pareto's Principle or the 80/20 Rule” has been used most often as a rule of thumb.

As an interesting note, 80% of business startups failed in the first two years. I would venture to say that the failure rate in the crypto currency world will be significantly higher. In my opinion 90% will fail.

This should help explain why DNotes is so firmly committed to be the best in class right from its beginning. Our mindset is to be the best in everything we do. Instead of taking a risk that there is an 80% chance that we could fail, we have an 80% chance that we could succeed. Of course, that is if we are satisfied with the 80/20 rule. That may be good enough for some, but certainly not good enough for our team. We are committed to accept nothing short of wanting to be the best in everything we do. May be one day, someone can write a book about what it means to be the best in class and why it matters to score high in every category upon which we are being judged. May be one of the core missions of CRISP for Students is draw upon the strengths of “Mavens” to groom the next generation of the “vital few”.

Dyna, the ambition to be best in class through being best in everything a business does is a dominant strategy for business success. Here "dominant strategy" is a phrase taken from micro-economics parlance. A "Dominant strategy" is a strategy that dominates any other strategy conceivable i.e. a dominant strategy cannot be superseded.

Leading business professor and perhaps the leading thought leader on business strategy, Michael Porter, has also recognized the need for this. The total competitive advantage that a firm/business can create is the sum total of all the business activities it undertakes. Positioning your company to be the best in class is a significant strategic goal and a very serious commitment that will require tremendous focus, discipline and tenacity.

The key to understanding why one should aspire to be best in all departments is to recognize the linkages across departments/activities and see the multiplier effect. If a business activity links to, say five other business activities, its individual brilliance impacts all these five other business activities and either enhances their performance or detracts from their performance.

Everything is inter-related. A poor performance in one function is not isolated to that function. It degrades performance everywhere else. Thus weakness in certain areas not only keeps the individual score on that function down, it brings down the final score in other areas. Thus, overall business performance suffers due to the confounding of two effects. Each part of the system helps or hurts other systems. Your business is a complete system. Everything is a component or a subsystem of the whole system and affects the output in other subsystems or components. Consequently, much is lost due to weakness in one or more components. Not only is the component weak, it makes other components weaker. An individual component’s effect on the system is proportional to the number of other components in the system. The more complex the system, the greater the reach of each individual component, either positively or negatively, productively or destructively.

To envision why the ability to deliver a complete package matters, pick your favorite sport or talent show where the performance is rated by a panel of judges based on six different criteria. A candidate scoring 10/10 in two categories and 7/10 or lower in the rest will lose out to the one who scored 8/10 across the board. And so it is with business, being the best in each category is a winning strategy in any business. To be best in the class, everything matters.
Pages: « 1 ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 [214] 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: