Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:53:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 [207] 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 06:58:46 PM

What is that bonus balance in the retirement plan?

Account Balance0.00000000
Balance Available0.00000000
Total USD Deposit Value0.00000000
USD Current Value0.00000000
Bonus Balance1,000,000.00000000  Wink

That is the balance of the account used to fund the interest payments.

That's great so cool thank you for this wonderful retirement plan..I not got pension so this is going to be my pension plan now..

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 07:09:11 PM

new source code appears unusable with old wallet.dat

error: {"code":-2,"message":"Safe mode: WARNING: Displayed transactions may not be correct!  You may need to upgrade, or other nodes may need to upgrade."}
root@ns500637:~#

When you do getinfo are you seeing version 1020000?

root@ns500637:/usr/local/bin# DNotesd getinfo
{
    "version" : 1020000,
    "protocolversion" : 1020000,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 353739,
    "connections" : 5,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 23.04448336,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1412776242,
    "keypoolsize" : 102,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "mininput" : 0.00010000,
    "errors" : "WARNING: Displayed transactions may not be correct!  You may need to upgrade, or other nodes may need to upgrade."
}
root@ns500637:/usr/local/bin# DNotesd getbalance
error: {"code":-2,"message":"Safe mode: WARNING: Displayed transactions may not be correct!  You may need to upgrade, or other nodes may need to upgrade."}
root@ns500637:/usr/local/bin#

Check it again and see if the blocks are moving forward.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 07:18:29 PM

new source code appears unusable with old wallet.dat

error: {"code":-2,"message":"Safe mode: WARNING: Displayed transactions may not be correct!  You may need to upgrade, or other nodes may need to upgrade."}
root@ns500637:~#

When you do getinfo are you seeing version 1020000?

root@ns500637:/usr/local/bin# DNotesd getinfo
{
    "version" : 1020000,
    "protocolversion" : 1020000,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 353739,
    "connections" : 5,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 23.04448336,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1412776242,
    "keypoolsize" : 102,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "mininput" : 0.00010000,
    "errors" : "WARNING: Displayed transactions may not be correct!  You may need to upgrade, or other nodes may need to upgrade."
}
root@ns500637:/usr/local/bin# DNotesd getbalance
error: {"code":-2,"message":"Safe mode: WARNING: Displayed transactions may not be correct!  You may need to upgrade, or other nodes may need to upgrade."}
root@ns500637:/usr/local/bin#

Check it again and see if the blocks are moving forward.

I will be back in a bit, if the blockchain isn't downloading, stop the daemon, delete blk*.dat from your data directory, restart the daemon and redownload the blockchain. You can also try adding the surrounding blocks in the checkpoints file in the source code:
         (   353738, uint256("0x7838a0451bd6957a6e5c35b5090ebcfded0b716526e8c5107018efa7f6db5ba9"))
         (   353739, uint256("0xbbc9487af28151632382cb946e96208bf40cd0e4b5297da1b522c9ca322c7537"))
         (   353740, uint256("0xe8362584bce7014999da26d5d8831e27957c1486442df5458efff79e25c9d39f"))
Then recompile and delete the blk*.dat files.

lifeforcepools

Activity: 616
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 07:29:17 PM

blockchain is incrementing

wallet inaccessible - thousands of coins due to pool miners cannot be paid out unless you get this fixed.

I have already re-synchd once.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 07:39:15 PM

wallet inaccessible - thousands of coins due to pool miners cannot be paid out unless you get this fixed.

The reason you were getting that message is because the blockchain was not caught up. As far as the wallet.dat, nothing changed in that programming to read/write to the wallet.dat. Are you downloading the blockchain with the old wallet.dat in place now?

lifeforcepools

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 07:45:17 PM

The reason you were getting that message is because the blockchain was not caught up. As far as the wallet.dat, nothing changed in that programming to read/write to the wallet.dat. Are you downloading the blockchain with the old wallet.dat in place now?

y

▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 07:47:09 PM

y

When it's done updating the blockchain, you will have the same coins you had before the upgrade.

lifeforcepools

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 07:51:28 PM

y

When it's done updating the blockchain, you will have the same coins you had before the upgrade.

how are you going to handle the shorted blocks that my miners found?

▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 08:01:25 PM

y

If you send me a list of your block finders and associated addresses from the time the block reward failed to the time you shut down your pool, I will send them 25 for each block found.

lifeforcepools

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 08:08:12 PM

y

If you send me a list of your block finders and associated addresses from the time the block reward failed to the time you shut down your pool, I will send them 25 for each block found.

I'll just zip up the database, send that  and you can figure it all out - I already have my hands full.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 08:14:01 PM

y

I'll just zip up the database, send that  and you can figure it all out - I already have my hands full.

Sorry, I need a list, I do not open attachments.

lifeforcepools

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 08:18:18 PM

y

the list will be an attachment

▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 09:37:15 PM

y

the list will be an attachment

All taken care of, thank you for your help and cooperation.

Mochilles

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 11:32:59 PM

Is there a project roadmap or timeline that we can see somewhere?

No, not to the extent of a published business plan VC (Venture Capital) typically expects to see. We only provide strategic directions and as a rule do not provide details until the project becomes a certainty or about to be launched. This was a very strict rule the first eight months and, in fact, has been somewhat relaxed to involve more community participation.

In our opinion publishing "impressive looking roadmap and timeline" is a major pitfall of our industry. We prefer to take a more conservative approach and focus on what we believe we can deliver over the near term with a high degree of certainty. This policy is central to our commitment in building trust and integrity.  

That's a really awesome answer. My faith is in your conservative restraint!
kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 11:52:16 PM

No, not to the extent of a published business plan VC (Venture Capital) typically expects to see. We only provide strategic directions and as a rule do not provide details until the project becomes a certainty or about to be launched. This was a very strict rule the first eight months and, in fact, has been somewhat relaxed to involve more community participation.

In our opinion publishing "impressive looking roadmap and timeline" is a major pitfall of our industry. We prefer to take a more conservative approach and focus on what we believe we can deliver over the near term with a high degree of certainty. This policy is central to our commitment in building trust and integrity.  

+1
Sound strategy
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 12:12:22 AM

+1
Sound strategy

It is a winning strategy that sets DNotes apart from the competition.

I will be making a post about CRISP for students in the next few hours, I will be hoping to get community participation and feedback.

RJF

Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 12:25:42 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2015, 12:49:18 AM by RJF

+1
Sound strategy

It is a winning strategy that sets DNotes apart from the competition.

I will be making a post about CRISP for students in the next few hours, I will be hoping to get community participation and feedback.

Of course! Always glad help out!

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
RJF

Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 01:58:32 AM

Interesting article on European Q.E. strategies and why they are failing:

http://cointelegraph.com/news/113576/why-the-european-central-bank-is-paving-the-way-for-cryptocurrencies-op-ed

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 03:58:21 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2015, 04:15:20 AM by Dyna

Interesting indeed but USD may not be such a good safe haven. An increase in US interest rate could have serious ramifications

There are reasons for concern and here is why a diversified investment portfolio should include 10% high risk investment with high potential returns. There are no assurances that Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency is the right choice for the high risk component but more professional investors are taking a serious look.

“It gets scarier. National debt interest rates are historically low at the moment – around 2.5 percent.  When they rise, interest payments will rise exponentially thanks to the wonders of compounding rates. Say interest rates rise to 5 percent – still low by historical standards. That means we will owe nearly $1 trillion a year in interest alone. That’s about two-thirds of what the federal government brings in each year in total income tax revenue!”

KITCHEN TABLE ECONOMICS

The U.S. is Now $18 Trillion in Debt
What are the Ramifications?

DECEMBER 5, 2014

Last week, the national debt surpassed $18 trillion. That’s $124,000 for each American household or $56,378 per individual. It took the country 205 years to accumulate its first trillion dollars of debt in 1981, but has only taken us 403 days to accumulate our most recent trillion. It’s hard to even think about numbers that big; if you were to count to a million it would take one week; if you wanted to count to a trillion it would take 31 thousand years.

Like with our personal debt, there may actually be some advantages to taking on debt. The flatscreen TV and Christmas presents we purchase with debt likely increase our standard of living and wellbeing. But this short term gain is often paid for with long term pain. And the currency of this pain is interest.

Interest is the price of debt. So, when we buy a TV on a payment plan, we are actually buying two things: the TV and the debt that goes with it. While a few extra dollars spent on interest each month may be worth it to see our favorite football players in HD, too much of our income spent interest can seriously reduce our quality of life because we must forgo other purchases to pay for it.

This is the point that the country has reached with its interest on the national debt.
Last year, the U.S. spent $430 billion on interest payments alone. This means that every year, tax payers are spending $3,500 just on interest payments. This is money that isn’t going to pay for roads, bridges, education, medical research or defense.

It gets scarier. National debt interest rates are historically low at the moment – around 2.5 percent.  When they rise, interest payments will rise exponentially thanks to the wonders of compounding rates. Say interest rates rise to 5 percent – still low by historical standards. That means we will owe nearly $1 trillion a year in interest alone. That’s about two-thirds of what the federal government brings in each year in total income tax revenue!

Fewer services and higher taxes – Uncle Sam’s spendthrift ways could end up hurting us all.

https://www.informationstation.org/kitchen_table_econ/the-u-s-is-now-18-trillion-in-debt/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=googlegrants2015&gclid=CjwKEAiA68WnBRCJxZr5qoaL3iMSJAAXIrr3JOtLKeAkI9GcdiyIkgiyYdVc1KaZBvZd8MkiyVtjoBoCm3Hw_wcB
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 11:31:41 AM

Interesting indeed but USD may not be such a good safe haven. An increase in US interest rate could have serious ramifications

There are reasons for concern and here is why a diversified investment portfolio should include 10% high risk investment with high potential returns. There are no assurances that Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency is the right choice for the high risk component but more professional investors are taking a serious look.

“It gets scarier. National debt interest rates are historically low at the moment – around 2.5 percent.  When they rise, interest payments will rise exponentially thanks to the wonders of compounding rates. Say interest rates rise to 5 percent – still low by historical standards. That means we will owe nearly $1 trillion a year in interest alone. That’s about two-thirds of what the federal government brings in each year in total income tax revenue!”

KITCHEN TABLE ECONOMICS

The U.S. is Now $18 Trillion in Debt
What are the Ramifications?

DECEMBER 5, 2014

Last week, the national debt surpassed $18 trillion. That’s $124,000 for each American household or $56,378 per individual. It took the country 205 years to accumulate its first trillion dollars of debt in 1981, but has only taken us 403 days to accumulate our most recent trillion. It’s hard to even think about numbers that big; if you were to count to a million it would take one week; if you wanted to count to a trillion it would take 31 thousand years.

Like with our personal debt, there may actually be some advantages to taking on debt. The flatscreen TV and Christmas presents we purchase with debt likely increase our standard of living and wellbeing. But this short term gain is often paid for with long term pain. And the currency of this pain is interest.

Interest is the price of debt. So, when we buy a TV on a payment plan, we are actually buying two things: the TV and the debt that goes with it. While a few extra dollars spent on interest each month may be worth it to see our favorite football players in HD, too much of our income spent interest can seriously reduce our quality of life because we must forgo other purchases to pay for it.

This is the point that the country has reached with its interest on the national debt.
Last year, the U.S. spent $430 billion on interest payments alone. This means that every year, tax payers are spending $3,500 just on interest payments. This is money that isn’t going to pay for roads, bridges, education, medical research or defense.

It gets scarier. National debt interest rates are historically low at the moment – around 2.5 percent.  When they rise, interest payments will rise exponentially thanks to the wonders of compounding rates. Say interest rates rise to 5 percent – still low by historical standards. That means we will owe nearly $1 trillion a year in interest alone. That’s about two-thirds of what the federal government brings in each year in total income tax revenue!

Fewer services and higher taxes – Uncle Sam’s spendthrift ways could end up hurting us all.

https://www.informationstation.org/kitchen_table_econ/the-u-s-is-now-18-trillion-in-debt/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=googlegrants2015&gclid=CjwKEAiA68WnBRCJxZr5qoaL3iMSJAAXIrr3JOtLKeAkI9GcdiyIkgiyYdVc1KaZBvZd8MkiyVtjoBoCm3Hw_wcB

This paints a very scary and realistic picture. The thing about the interest rates is the US government will never increase them because the interest payments will be crippling. Despite the FED being privately owned, it is run by the state and can be counted as an arm of Government. The only thing that will make the US begin to lift the interest rates is when the true crash is about to occur. When nobody is willing to loan money to the US government to continue its frivolous spending, it will be forced to lift the interest rate offered on Government bonds to attract more people to purchase Government debt (see Japan). When this occurs, the state is between such a large rock and hard place because it needs to draw down more loans to continue functioning, which means raising the interest rate, but ALSO can't afford to pay the increased interest on the debt once the interest rate is raised.

Just have a look at Japan... textbook crash on the way... I think there is a reason why they have gone through 5 finance ministers in the last 2 years (three in the last year - lost one to suicide).

Pages: « 1 ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 [207] 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: