Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 01:54:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814493 times)
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 02:37:48 PM

This is a must read article. A real eye opener. Check it out.

HOW WESTERN UNION RIPS YOU OFF AND BITCOIN DOESN’T

The most recent release of the Bitcoin Core walletallows the user to define the transaction fee they are willing to pay. The amount that a user is willing to pay does, in the end, affect the speed of their transactions. However, users who pay no fee at all are not necessarily going to be prevented from having their transactions confirmed. Liken it to a standby flight, but for currency.

Read more:
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/western-union-rips-off-bitcoin-doesnt/

This is a hidden currency exchange fee that would be on top on the huge fee Western Union charges to transfer money around the world.  Shameful!

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 02:48:42 PM

It has been a stressful day and I am glad that we have been able to clear up a few things. Hopefully we all learned a little from it.  Sorry that Bitcoin has to go through that kind of losses. It is certainly a lesson learned for all of us. Together we will recover. I must add that we never doubted infovortice2013. His “English may be dangerous” to quote him, but he is a good man. I absolutely trust and respect him.

As I have said before, this is a tough industry and more challenging than anything else I have ever encountered in my 39 years as an entrepreneur in different industries. On average 80% of startups failed within the first two years. Unfortunately, in the cryptocurrency world I would venture to say that over 90% will fail. Be very selective and invest with caution. If you pick the right investment candidate there is the potential for high returns, but there are no assurances that you will.

We are mindful of those risks at DNotes and have positioned ourselves very differently to minimize those risks so that we can maximize our potential for high returns. We believe that to be successful in this business we have to do many things well. Being able to do one or two things exceptionally well while performing poorly in others is not good enough to be successful in this industry.

We must all work well together as a group in pursuit of our common goal, in the most productive and respectful manner possible. In my opinion, the destructive conduct in many coin communities has been a major contributor to their struggle for survival. As a reminder, at DNotes, our first rule of engagement is “Do not engage.” We always investigate every situation promptly to determine the best course of action.

Let us move on to the next project. The launching of CRISP For Students.

I agree most coins are dead or dumped hard, fed of of seeing coins die and dumped..I will be purchasing a few more DNOTES bags in a week or two when my budget is sorted.. I am just renewing my blog domain then will do a blog post for the CRISPS FOR RETIREMENT etc..  Al;so landlord sent builders in because we got bathroom leakages so having the builders around for a week is a bit tough on my nerves lol so bear with me..congrats yet again for stability and longevity in DNOTES..

Thanks, qiwoman2. Looking forward to your blog post. CryptoMoms one year Birthday is on Thursday April 16, 2015. Would you like to help out with a PR campaign? If you are interested, come up with some ideas and contact me by email when you have a chance. Thanks.
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 03:09:46 PM

Paying a fee for the bank to hold your money - unbelievable!!

"JP MORGAN TO CHARGE FOR BANK DEPOSITS: BITCOIN 1 – BANKS 0"

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/jp-morgan-charge-bank-deposits-bitcoin-1-banks-0/

Good lord, what's next? Soon we will be paying a surcharge to use cash. Oh wait, that already happens in some places...  Smiley

Interesting article but there is nothing new though. This has been going on for years. Cash savings, certificates of deposit and other liquid assets have been an unattractive store of value with near zero return for a long time.

However, this makes a very strong case of including a small portion of digital currency as part of the asset allocation in any well balanced investment portfolio.

What this essentially means is that in order to improve the overall returns on investment, it is worth considering allocating up to 10% of the portfolio to be invested in higher risk investment, such as digital currency, that has high potential returns. DNotes family of CRISPs are specifically positioned to offer such an opportunity with a wide range of choices available to anyone worldwide. This is a free service for DNotes stakeholders and the savings are secure with 100% guarantee backed by verifiable funds.

There is something new here that JP Morgan is trying to sneak in and you can bet the others will follow.  Any type of guaranteed deposit at a bank yields a very poor rate of return and quite often a negative rate when you factor in inflation and taxes.  They are taking this poor performance one step further.

In the good old days of banking (pre - 2015), when you deposited money into the bank, they paid you interest.  JP Morgan is now going to charge you a fee for holding YOUR money, which will make your return even more negative.  The bigger the deposit, the bigger the fee.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 04:28:37 PM

What technologies are most important to the future and success of DNotes?

1 ) An easy to use merchant payment verification system that doesn't require a third party
2 ) Cloud storage of the blockchain. Wallets sync with cloud instantly and no lag time at startup. This is a centralized item, however, but would be of great benefit. Instant syncing, instant sending, etc.
3 ) Versatile tipping program for various websites and social media outlets
4 ) POS style reward system
5 ) Making DNotes secure for everyone to use no matter their situation

What major issues with the existing financial system can DNotes solve?

1 ) Instant transfers of money.
2 ) Micro transactions, under $1 are not feasible. The transaction fees make micro transactions unprofitable if not impossible.

What services are most important to the future and success of DNotes?

1 ) Direct and simple fiat to DNotes exchange.
2 ) Accessibility and Ease of Use
3 ) CLEARLY outlining benefits, programs, future of DNotes
4 ) 24/7 support
5 ) Multilingual support
6 ) Assurance of store of value
7 ) Credit/Debit Card
8 ) ATM services
9 ) Refill service for prepaid/sim cards

What major obstacles does DNotes face to achieve success?

1 ) Half of the world's population does not have banking access and is therefore excluded from participating in economic growth.
2 ) Combating and rising above the bad reputation bitcoin has (whether it is deserved or not).
3 ) Mainstream media negativity of any cryptocurrency in general.

Bringing this post back to the front. Let us know if you come up with anything else.

RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 06:22:34 PM

Paying a fee for the bank to hold your money - unbelievable!!

"JP MORGAN TO CHARGE FOR BANK DEPOSITS: BITCOIN 1 – BANKS 0"

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/jp-morgan-charge-bank-deposits-bitcoin-1-banks-0/

Good lord, what's next? Soon we will be paying a surcharge to use cash. Oh wait, that already happens in some places...  Smiley

Interesting article but there is nothing new though. This has been going on for years. Cash savings, certificates of deposit and other liquid assets have been an unattractive store of value with near zero return for a long time.

However, this makes a very strong case of including a small portion of digital currency as part of the asset allocation in any well balanced investment portfolio.

What this essentially means is that in order to improve the overall returns on investment, it is worth considering allocating up to 10% of the portfolio to be invested in higher risk investment, such as digital currency, that has high potential returns. DNotes family of CRISPs are specifically positioned to offer such an opportunity with a wide range of choices available to anyone worldwide. This is a free service for DNotes stakeholders and the savings are secure with 100% guarantee backed by verifiable funds.

There is something new here that JP Morgan is trying to sneak in and you can bet the others will follow.  Any type of guaranteed deposit at a bank yields a very poor rate of return and quite often a negative rate when you factor in inflation and taxes.  They are taking this poor performance one step further.

In the good old days of banking (pre - 2015), when you deposited money into the bank, they paid you interest.  JP Morgan is now going to charge you a fee for holding YOUR money, which will make your return even more negative.  The bigger the deposit, the bigger the fee.

Actually, it may be found criminal. Remember, bank deposits are already insured by the Fed (up to 100K here in the USA) and banks don't "hold" your money, they spend it like crazy. They use YOUR money to invest and make themselves richer at YOUR expense. It's already a strained relationship and there is no guarantee the Fed will be able to pay if the unthinkable happens and numerous large banks fail at the same time.  So, in effect, the Fed is insuring the banks ability to make a profit from your money and you are really an investor, not a depositor.

Give THAT some thought....

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
RJF

Activity: 616

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 06:28:45 PM

1 ) An easy to use merchant payment verification system that doesn't require a third party
2 ) Cloud storage of the blockchain. Wallets sync with cloud instantly and no lag time at startup. This is a centralized item, however, but would be of great benefit. Instant syncing, instant sending, etc.

2 ) Micro transactions, under $1 are not feasible. The transaction fees make micro transactions unprofitable if not impossible.

4 ) 24/7 support
5 ) Multilingual support
7 ) Credit/Debit Card
8 ) ATM services

1 ) Half of the world's population does not have banking access and is therefore excluded from participating in economic growth.
2 ) Combating and rising above the bad reputation bitcoin has (whether it is deserved or not).

Bringing this post back to the front. Let us know if you come up with anything else.

Important features and technologies:

1. Ability to deposit other crypto directly to DNotesVault and have the equivalent amount of DNotes appear in vault account (instant exchange like ShapeShift) As a miner, I would use this feature on a regular basis if it was made available. And as an investor who buys other coins, I would also use it to sidestep fees and hassles at exchanges.

2. Total smartphone solution for all DNotes functionality including vault and #1 above.

3. Develop global name recognition. When people think "crypto" or "Bitcoin" now, they should simply think "DNotes" in the future.

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 07:37:46 PM

6 ) Instant exchange functionality for the DNotesVault
7 ) Total smartphone solution for all DNotes functionality including vault and instant exchange functionality

4 ) 24/7 support
5 ) Multilingual support
7 ) Credit/Debit Card
8 ) ATM services

4 ) Develop global name recognition. When people think "crypto" or "Bitcoin" now, they should simply think "DNotes" in the future.

Thanks RJF, those are great suggestions. We have looked at shapeshift in the past and it is an interesting concept. It could make exchanging DNotes a little more hassle free. It may be worth contacting them to find out if they would be willing to add DNotes and potentially work with DNotesVault as an outside 'integrated' vendor.

1. Ability to deposit other crypto directly to DNotesVault and have the equivalent amount of DNotes appear in vault account (instant exchange like ShapeShift) As a miner, I would use this feature on a regular basis if it was made available. And as an investor who buys other coins, I would also use it to sidestep fees and hassles at exchanges.

2. Total smartphone solution for all DNotes functionality including vault and #1 above.

3. Develop global name recognition. When people think "crypto" or "Bitcoin" now, they should simply think "DNotes" in the future.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 09:12:05 PM

We are can use more creative contributions in coming up with positive Headlines for 700 word PR Campaign targeting Mainstream Media:

1. DNotes Digital Currency Reaches Out To Include Everyday People In The Rewards Of Early Technology Investment

2. Government Run Pension Plans Unsustainable As DNotes Continues To Assist People In Rebuilding With CR.I.S.P. For Retirement.

3. Bitcoin Alternative DNotes May Provide The Comfort Mainstream Media Needed, if one year of Consistent Stability with Solid Appreciation can Restore their Confidence.

4. Trust is Central to the Success of a Trustless Decentralized System. Bitcoin will succeed with a little more Love and a lot more Trust.

5. DNotes Digital Currency Edges Closer To Mass Adoption With Their CR.I.S.P. Programs

6. DNotes Stability Record Sets The Standard For Others To Follow

7. DNotes Provides True Innovation in Digital Currency by Going Back to the Roots of Money Itself.

8. More than just another Digital Currency, DNotes Works for Your Future While Providing for the Present.

9. It's Time To Get Serious About Your Digital Portfolio. DNotes offers numerous options designed to help you transition to the future of Digital Currency.

10. DNotes For Debt?  Is A Stable Digital Currency The Answer To Your Future Being Debt Free?

11. All you need for your future is CR.I.S.P. for Retirement.

12. DNotes revolutionizes savings with its CR.I.S.P. for Retirement plan.

13. DNotes is the most stable digital cryptocurrency with history to prove it.

14. In the world of cryptocurrency, DNotes has become the solid foundation on which to build your future using CR.I.S.P. for Retirement.

15. CryptoCurrency, moving too fast for it's own good

16. DNotes Digital Currency Aims To Be The Sound And Stable Money Supply Of The World's Unbanked In Their Quest For Economic Freedom

17. DNotes Digital Currency taking the lead in on line savings. Take charge of your future with DNotes CR.I.S.P. savings plans.

18. DNotes Digital Currency offers an alternative to traditional managed saving plans. Prepare now with a DNotes CR.I.S.P. Retirement plan.

19. The future is quickly becoming the present, are you financially ready to retire? DNotes can help, come see our CR.I.S.P. retirement plans at (insert link)

20. DNotes, the digital currency that helps you save YOUR money, announces new CR.I.S.P. savings plans.

21. Over xxx (insert # of account holders) already signed up for DNotes CR.I.S.P. retirement plans.

Bitcoin Alternative DNotes See Widespread Stake Ownership as the Key to Mass Adoption
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470155.msg10558892#msg10558892

Trust is Central to the Success of Bitcoin - A Trustless Decentralized System
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470155.msg10556697#msg10556697

The trust one seems to be more industry focused, if we can come up with more industry focused press releases it may be helpful in terms of being more widely accepted by our industry.

MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 11:44:58 PM

All 3 are great thoughts and I know myself and probably others give a lot of thought on the future of instant exchange features, and yes it would be a great enhancement to something as the vault. I know I would tend to throw all my "spare change" coins at it, rather then messing with exchanges. But that's a huge hurtle no doubt. But as a miner myself, I can see the beauty of it all  Wink

And You hit an interesting point, how to market Dnotes along side Bitcoin, to where when people think Bitcoin they think Dnotes as well, or even think of Dnotes as the only real crypto.  Grin

Some good forward thinking post in here lately. This is great.

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 12:37:05 AM
Last edit: February 28, 2015, 12:56:02 AM by infovortice2013

woot you see the price!! up to 5k ... looks like no stop 3xtimes my orders keep waiting haha must move again up ^^

Price affect to difficult in pool ? or only is more miners atract by price?

My preferences-prioryties:

Total smartphone solution for all DNotes functionality including vault and #1 above.

i not like use cryptos like paymet processor but think is good marketing, but feel is more important CRYSP plans

1. DNotes Digital Currency Reaches Out To Include Everyday People In The Rewards Of Early Technology Investment

I know " el que mucho abarca poco aprieta" You know the proverb: Do not bite off more than you can chew --- Develop global name recognition. When people think "crypto" or "Bitcoin" now, they should simply think "DNotes" in the future. I Best CRISP plans over the world in all the times ---- Dnotes is first one that offer this cool service have an advantaje over rest of coins go bang it. Dnotes no make competition with other coins for maket space. Just for this can cooperating with all coins and use best services of each one. From there will be so easy go anywhere. but hell take time.

For payment procesor can use BitShares -- Creating an Asset with market peg associated to Dnotes you will have transactions to names in 10 seconds, and can be traded in distributed exchange market for free. For fast shop use this is fundamental, other comerces than cash run slow its good Dnotes paymet for them.

* Laws support will be interesting make a database bit a bit with this questions of legal inquires or benefits in each point, can found it in FAQS will be nice, some times people no care about cryptos for this reason .

MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 12:49:04 AM

woot you see the price!! up to 5k ... looks like no stop 3xtimes my orders keep waiting haha must move again up ^^

Total smartphone solution for all DNotes functionality including vault and #1 above.

i not like use cryptos like paymet processor but think is good marketing, but feel is more important CRYSP plans

I know " el que mucho abarca poco aprieta" You know the proverb: Do not bite off more than you can chew --- Develop global name recognition. When people think "crypto" or "Bitcoin" now, they should simply think "DNotes" in the future. I Best CRISP plans over the world in all the times ---- Dnotes is first one that offer this cool service have an advantaje over rest of coins go bang it. Dnotes no make competition with other coins for maket space. Just for this can cooperating with all coins and use best services of each one. From there will be so easy go anywhere. but hell take time.

You said it! Woot is right. Dnotes is red hot right now. And for good reasons  Cool

And: the mining competition is getting fierce too... network hash is strong and climbing

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 01:11:28 AM

DNotes has been getting very strong support all day, more than I anticipated. Even the trading volume has been quite impressive. It still has room for further appreciation but don't expect it to go to the moon. Slow and steady is our preference and any new ground gained must be sustainable. We have to work even harder to ensure that we continue to build solid fundamental values. The pressure is on as DNotes get discovered by new investors.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 01:16:01 AM

For payment procesor can use BitShares -- Creating an Asset with market peg associated to Dnotes you will have transactions to names in 10 seconds, and can be traded in distributed exchange market for free. For fast shop use this is fundamental, other comerces than cash run slow its good Dnotes paymet for them.

* Laws support will be interesting make a database bit a bit with this questions of legal inquires or benefits in each point, can found it in FAQS will be nice, some times people no care about cryptos for this reason .

Great job. Lots of great ideas. Keep them coming.
waterpile

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 03:22:07 AM

DNotes has been getting very strong support all day, more than I anticipated. Even the trading volume has been quite impressive. It still has room for further appreciation but don't expect it to go to the moon. Slow and steady is our preference and any new ground gained must be sustainable. We have to work even harder to ensure that we continue to build solid fundamental values. The pressure is on as DNotes get discovered by new investors.

yeah, I would go for a slow and steady growth rather than just a fast pump and dump action..
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 07:06:27 AM

yeah, I would go for a slow and steady growth rather than just a fast pump and dump action..

Yeap I love the long term growth but have seen buy support tripled over the last month and volume so that helps the price..as long as we see buy support growing that is a very positive sign.. Smiley

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Mochilles

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 01:20:05 PM

Like what I'm seeing here Smiley Time to buy more!
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 02:18:39 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2015, 02:53:14 PM by Chase

This survey shows the need for public education on payment methods as well as what a trusted digital currency  Wink will have to offer (in terms of secure payment) in the future .  The article is a bit confusing because they list only bitcoin / cryptocurrency and mobile phone or wallets as the only methods of digital payment - "3% of respondents said that they consider bitcoin to be the most secure form of payments, compared to 1% for mobile phone or wallets".  It sounds like they are classifying credit and debit cards in with cash??  What happens when bitcoin is transferred to a mobile wallet - does it move down to the 1% trust group?

The article doesn't give any details on what they are purchasing, but walking around with thousands of dollars in cash makes me feel the least secure.

The sample group was 1400 consumers.  It's probably fair to say that less than 5% are really familiar with bitcoin.

"Study: Consumers Feel Bitcoin More Secure than Mobile Payments Apps"

A new survey shows that US consumers believe payments made with bitcoin are safer than those conducted using mobile wallets or apps.

The report, published by Chicago-based Walker Sands Communications, focuses on changes in retail payments behavior, particularly as it pertains to digital transaction methods.

Ultimately, it found that 3% of respondents said that they consider bitcoin to be the most secure form of payments, compared to 1% for mobile phone or wallets. The study was conducted using a sample group of 1,400 consumers.

The report said:

"Consumers consider mobile wallets and apps the least secure form of payment, even ranking behind cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin."

Cash ranked highest on the list of trusted payment methods. Fifty-six percent reported that they prefer cash over alternative payment methods, compared to 22% for credit cards and 18% for debit cards.

Just 2% said they think checks are the most trustworthy payment method.

Elsewhere, the report found evidence of a broader shift toward digital payments, one that it said has been accelerated by the introduction of mobile payments products like Apple Pay.

http://www.coindesk.com/study-consumers-find-bitcoin-transactions-safer-than-mobile-payments/

ik_do

Activity: 522

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 03:43:21 PM

If any of you use myaltcoins.com to keep track of your altcoins please help and suggest they add dnotes, I've done it 2-3 times already but they haven't added it even though they have added newer coins already.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 03:46:07 PM

If any of you use myaltcoins.com to keep track of your altcoins please help and suggest they add dnotes, I've done it 2-3 times already but they haven't added it even though they have added newer coins already.

Hi ik_do, I will send them an email and see if there is anything we can do to help get DNotes listed.

infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 03:48:58 PM

for optimal secure access to dnotesvault. maybe can be added a two factor autentificator like coinbase has? that send a code to your mobile phone each time you access to your account, with a tool like this is not problem possible faults on https or keyloggers etc... and really Dnotesvault is not to access 2 times everyday you go to take a look from time to time so not have a big spent in SMS. i think this upgrade is a step up Dnotes quality system.
Pages: « 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: