Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 11:57:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 [307] 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814496 times)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2015, 09:00:49 PM

Some of the problems confronting the industry would be what is listed in "What major obstacles does DNotes face to achieve success?"  Maybe we should continue with this post.  Smiley

What technologies are most important to the future and success of DNotes?

1 ) An easy to use merchant payment verification system that doesn't require a third party
2 ) Cloud storage of the blockchain. Wallets sync with cloud instantly and no lag time at startup. This is a centralized item, however, but would be of great benefit. Instant syncing, instant sending, etc.
3 ) Versatile tipping program for various websites and social media outlets
4 ) POS style reward system
5 ) Making DNotes secure for everyone to use no matter their situation
6 ) Instant exchange functionality for the DNotesVault
7 ) Total smartphone solution for all DNotes functionality including vault and instant exchange functionality

What major issues with the existing financial system can DNotes solve?

1 ) Instant transfers of money.
2 ) Micro transactions, under $1 are not feasible. The transaction fees make micro transactions unprofitable if not impossible.

What services are most important to the future and success of DNotes?

1 ) Direct and simple fiat to DNotes exchange.
2 ) DNotes investment fund that is SEC approved and tradeable on a major stock exchange
3 ) Accessibility and Ease of Use
4 ) CLEARLY outlining benefits, programs, future of DNotes
5 ) 24/7 support
6 ) Multilingual support
7 ) Assurance of store of value
8 ) Credit/Debit Card
9 ) ATM services
10 ) Refill service for prepaid/sim cards

What major obstacles does DNotes face to achieve success?

1 ) Half of the world's population does not have banking access and is therefore excluded from participating in economic growth.
2 ) Combating and rising above the bad reputation bitcoin has (whether it is deserved or not).
3 ) Mainstream media negativity of any cryptocurrency in general.
4 ) Develop global name recognition. When people think "crypto" or "Bitcoin" now, they should simply think "DNotes" in the future.

What will aid the growth/evolution of DNotes, leading to mass adoption?

1 ) COOP's in Micro Communities

Agreed, it will be very helpful when considering the content of the new site. If anyone has any further suggestions regarding the obstacles, that would help.

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 10:15:17 PM

This is from 2014, but somewhere within the 25 pages, there must be something we can use.  Grin

A Medium of Exchange for an Internet Age: How to Regulate Bitcoin for the Growth of E-Commerce -  Journal of Technology Law & Policy (University of Pittsburgh)

http://tlp.law-dev.library.pitt.edu/ojs/index.php/tlp/article/view/155

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
OCTOPARTY

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 01:20:02 AM

With the news and talk about regulation going on recently, I believe it may be a good idea if we voice our opinion on what favorable and fair regulation would look like from our standpoint. Many of us know the industry pretty well and understand what the major risk factors are for consumer security with digital currency.

In your own opinion, what would you consider fair regulation to protect consumers without hindering advancement?

I tend to view the less regulation the better. I understand that most regulators fly the banner of consumer protection but like anything else in government, it tends to swing to corruption, sooner or later.

When corruption can create barriers of entry for the little guy, regulation has lost it's own battle of protecting the consumer. You cannot protect the general public when you protect established companies who run the regulators.

That is what scares me most when Bitcoin companies begin becoming cozy with the regulation establishment.

However, I realize in this political climate where you play ball or go home, many Bitcoin and altcoin companies will play ball. I tend to agree with Andreas's opinions on regulations in Bitcoin. If you don't know, then youtube is your friend Smiley

I am interested to see how all of the regulatory mess plays out over the next few years. I predict that it becomes very, very messy.

Thanks OCTOPARTY.

I have seen Andreas videos.

Here is the short version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL67jtVimFA

And the long version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgEDOBgYg-g

Nonetheless, it is still an opinion shared by many in the Bitcoin community Smiley

I think that New York is just the beginning. We will certainly find out. I that between regulation and many pushing blockchain tech without the currency is just a sideshow. If we truly believe in the tech, then we know that eventually it will work out self-regulation within the network. I mean that is the point, right?
OCTOPARTY

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 01:25:16 AM

Perhaps it pays to wait...

New York Releases 31-Page BitLicense Application Form

The New York State Department of Financial Services (NYDFS) has released the application forms that Bitcoin companies in the state must complete by August 8 in order to register their businesses.

The BitLicense was formally adopted earlier this week through publication in the New York State Register. All Bitcoin firms must now complete the 31-page application form and pay a non-refundable US$5,000 application fee in order to continue operating.

Jesse Powell, co-founder and CEO of Kraken, said heavy compliance costs on digital currency exchanges made it more difficult to operate profitable exchanges. He continued:

“Many fear it will stifle innovation in the industry and exclude New York from the developing currency.”
-Jesse Powell, co-founder and CEO of Kraken

The final revisions to the New York State regulatory program on digital currencies were released earlier this month by the superintendent of financial services for the NYDFS Ben Lawsky, with minor updates to improve functionality and make state regulators’ roles more clear.

Following its official adoption, the application form was released yesterday for Bitcoin companies to fill out. Aside from basic company information, it asks applicants to list all jurisdictions where they have licenses, or have applied for them, as well as indicate whether they have ever been the subject of regulatory or enforcement action in any jurisdiction.

Companies must provide copies of all insurance policies, as well as biographical information on all company directors and stockholders. They must also provide an organization chart of the company’s management structure, along with “an explanation of the methodology used to calculate the value of virtual currency in fiat currency.”

Applicants must also provide an investigative background report prepared by an independent investigatory agency for each individual applicant, including information such as credit history, employment history, and motor vehicle ownership history. Three personal references from non-relatives are required for all applicants.

The BitLicense has prove controversial, with Eobot last week becoming the third firm to exit the state as a result of the new regulations. Though Lawsky has said regulators “need to realize their own limitations; recognize what they do not know, and keep an open mind when approaching new technologies,” many have criticized the scope of the regulations.

Users on Reddit reacted sarcastically to the length of the application form, with cointastical saying:

“Thank you, Mr. Lawsky, for regulating this industry!!! Might you, by chance, know anyone who can help me comprehend the 31 pages of this document, complete the application, and then comply with the requirements? Yourself, perhaps?”

Another user assumed Lawsky’s name, replying to the above message with: “I worked tirelessly on the BitLicense, only taking big companies with deep pockets advice, so that I could come up with a complex process only my consulting firm will be able to help you with.”

Source: http://cointelegraph.com/news/114681/new-york-releases-31-page-bitlicense-application-form

New York State Department of Financial Services (NYDFS) gets 1st prize in the category of "How Not To Do It!"  Really, a 31 page application form??  I groan if something has 2 pages - lol.  I did enjoy the Reddit comments and even though they were meant to be funny, they sure have a lot of truth in them.

I agree. New York is definitely showing the way NOT to regulate Bitcoin and crypto. I hope that if regulation is a must, that it is complementary to the technology. Who wants to pay $5000 to fill out a 31 page request for a license?

I also see that DNOTES is definitely taking a stance to help educate so that's a plus.
OCTOPARTY

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 01:28:15 AM

I'm looking very forward to hearing how the event went!

It is excellent news that Canada has decided to use a hands off approach with Digital Currency. I also saw that they cheekily hired a company to put their decision announcement through the blockchain - "nearly hands off".

Just talked to Alan. Everything went great. Met some others of like mind, and was able to educate a lot of people who were hungry for information about crypto currency, and were especially interested in the CRISP programs. He has had a very long day, and will give us a full report tomorrow!

Smokey

Outstanding! Go Alan!!!
It was fun but a long day. The conference was well attended, with standing room filled and some overflow. My estimate was over 200 but a mixed bag of some knowledge of Bitcoin to very little understanding. I spoke with many individually and in small groups. Very good feedback and high level of interest in different areas. We stayed beyond closing time and a few stayed with me and continued some serious discussion of potential projects. Well worth my time and will payoff over the longer term.

People staying beyond closing time to continue speaking to you shows just how interested people are in the work you're doing; a barometer of your successful contribution at the event! It also shows just how determined you are to make the most of every opportunity presented to you, putting in the effort to enlighten everybody interested in what is happening with DNotes. I noticed that Silicon Dragon has youtube videos of previous events, I'm hoping they upload a copy of the one you were just at.

DNotes is becoming more and more credible every day, and every conversation I have with people about DNotes is becoming easier with each stepping stone. Most people haven't heard of Bitcoin - and of those who have, most of them think its for buying drugs and guns online. Soon there will be a serious alternative, and people won't be questioning whether this 'counts' as money.
My take away was that people are giving up on Bitcoin as a long term investment. Everyone was interested in Blockchain technology but there is no easy way to participate. DNotes is the answer. Long term DNotes investors are investing in DNotes as a currency and to a limited extent, it's ecosystem which will be a solid participant in the Blockchain technology.

I hope some part of it will show up on YouTube but typically greatly edited. A lot was covered in a short period of time with venture capital deal makers talking up a lot of the time. There was certainly a great deal of interest in DNotes.

Sounds great! Glad you guys had a good showing. Can't wait to see the youtube vids.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 01:45:01 AM

Perhaps it pays to wait...

New York Releases 31-Page BitLicense Application Form

The New York State Department of Financial Services (NYDFS) has released the application forms that Bitcoin companies in the state must complete by August 8 in order to register their businesses.

The BitLicense was formally adopted earlier this week through publication in the New York State Register. All Bitcoin firms must now complete the 31-page application form and pay a non-refundable US$5,000 application fee in order to continue operating.

Jesse Powell, co-founder and CEO of Kraken, said heavy compliance costs on digital currency exchanges made it more difficult to operate profitable exchanges. He continued:

“Many fear it will stifle innovation in the industry and exclude New York from the developing currency.”
-Jesse Powell, co-founder and CEO of Kraken

The final revisions to the New York State regulatory program on digital currencies were released earlier this month by the superintendent of financial services for the NYDFS Ben Lawsky, with minor updates to improve functionality and make state regulators’ roles more clear.

Following its official adoption, the application form was released yesterday for Bitcoin companies to fill out. Aside from basic company information, it asks applicants to list all jurisdictions where they have licenses, or have applied for them, as well as indicate whether they have ever been the subject of regulatory or enforcement action in any jurisdiction.

Companies must provide copies of all insurance policies, as well as biographical information on all company directors and stockholders. They must also provide an organization chart of the company’s management structure, along with “an explanation of the methodology used to calculate the value of virtual currency in fiat currency.”

Applicants must also provide an investigative background report prepared by an independent investigatory agency for each individual applicant, including information such as credit history, employment history, and motor vehicle ownership history. Three personal references from non-relatives are required for all applicants.

The BitLicense has prove controversial, with Eobot last week becoming the third firm to exit the state as a result of the new regulations. Though Lawsky has said regulators “need to realize their own limitations; recognize what they do not know, and keep an open mind when approaching new technologies,” many have criticized the scope of the regulations.

Users on Reddit reacted sarcastically to the length of the application form, with cointastical saying:

“Thank you, Mr. Lawsky, for regulating this industry!!! Might you, by chance, know anyone who can help me comprehend the 31 pages of this document, complete the application, and then comply with the requirements? Yourself, perhaps?”

Another user assumed Lawsky’s name, replying to the above message with: “I worked tirelessly on the BitLicense, only taking big companies with deep pockets advice, so that I could come up with a complex process only my consulting firm will be able to help you with.”

Source: http://cointelegraph.com/news/114681/new-york-releases-31-page-bitlicense-application-form

New York State Department of Financial Services (NYDFS) gets 1st prize in the category of "How Not To Do It!"  Really, a 31 page application form??  I groan if something has 2 pages - lol.  I did enjoy the Reddit comments and even though they were meant to be funny, they sure have a lot of truth in them.

I agree. New York is definitely showing the way NOT to regulate Bitcoin and crypto. I hope that if regulation is a must, that it is complementary to the technology. Who wants to pay $5000 to fill out a 31 page request for a license?

I also see that DNOTES is definitely taking a stance to help educate so that's a plus.

$5000 yearly, plus the cost of meeting and reporting on the requirements. Each state that follows, will include the same costs. The investment to operate in the US will be in the millions every year.

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 03:53:30 AM

I know that this is off topic, but I just can't resist when I am still deeply troubled by the New York 31 page Bitlicense application form; possibly time 48 states? On top of that each state's rules and forms will be different, if and when they get to it. Many small companies do not even have $1 million in annual revenue, and the politicians and regulators expect them to pay $1 million in licensing, legal, accounting and consulting fees? That is insane.

Sorry, Professor Eichengreen was commenting about Grexit ( Greece exit off European Union) which has already started a bank run and could be very damaging to the world economy.

"The implication is clear. Never underestimate the ability of politicians to do the wrong thing. I will try to remember next time."
Quote:
Barry Eichengreen Professor of Economics and Political Science at University of California, Berkeley.

Today
6-28-15
http://www.businessinsider.com/the-path-to-the-grexit-has-been-paved-political-incompetence-2015-6
RJF

Activity: 616

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 12:25:31 PM

Revisions to the idea for the new site:

We are going to make it neutral. Still including a dedicated DNotes section but more of an industry site. It will become a DNotes asset, just like CryptoMoms and DNotesVault.  

The intent will be to help educate our industry and regulators in a meaningful way. There are a multitude of problems we can address with this site from media to regulation and the general lack of understanding of our industry. Targeting busy political leaders and business executives.

That makes sense. People may or may not be drawn to a DNotes site right now (less now, more later) but a neutral site with general info, guidelines, regulation tracking, etc will attract more visitors in the beginning. Perhaps, as things progress and grow, the sites theme and emphasis can be slowly shifted more towards DNotes as we grow and become more widely recognized. Content is king they say so, keeping visitors coming back while the focus gradually moves toward DNotes is crucial. 

It makes sense to grab the attention of as wide a field as possible then, slowly turn that attention to a more filtered subject and narrower point of interest. Good idea!

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 01:04:09 PM

Revisions to the idea for the new site:

We are going to make it neutral. Still including a dedicated DNotes section but more of an industry site. It will become a DNotes asset, just like CryptoMoms and DNotesVault.  

The intent will be to help educate our industry and regulators in a meaningful way. There are a multitude of problems we can address with this site from media to regulation and the general lack of understanding of our industry. Targeting busy political leaders and business executives.

That makes sense. People may or may not be drawn to a DNotes site right now (less now, more later) but a neutral site with general info, guidelines, regulation tracking, etc will attract more visitors in the beginning. Perhaps, as things progress and grow, the sites theme and emphasis can be slowly shifted more towards DNotes as we grow and become more widely recognized. Content is king they say so, keeping visitors coming back while the focus gradually moves toward DNotes is crucial. 

It makes sense to grab the attention of as wide a field as possible then, slowly turn that attention to a more filtered subject and narrower point of interest. Good idea!

And, something I think would be useful, a regulation tracker where you could choose any US State or, any county with a declared regulation or policy from a drop down list and instantly see what is pending, in the works or, current. That would be cool....

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 01:29:03 PM

I wish DNOTES could be widely adopted in Greece right now. With all the fiscal fiasco taking place there and uncertainly, DNOTES would be a welcome tool towards prosperity for the GREEK PEOPLE. I will tweet at the GREEK Government  tonight in favor of adopting DNOTES into the SYSTEM..You never know someone, somewhere might read it.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 01:35:48 PM

I wish DNOTES could be widely adopted in Greece right now. With all the fiscal fiasco taking place there and uncertainly, DNOTES would be a welcome tool towards prosperity for the GREEK PEOPLE. I will tweet at the GREEK Government  tonight in favor of adopting DNOTES into the SYSTEM..You never know someone, somewhere might read it.

There are only two things preventing that: Knowledge of crypto in general and, wide spread awareness of DNotes. Go for it!

DNotesVault
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 02:20:45 PM

There are only two things preventing that: Knowledge of crypto in general and, wide spread awareness of DNotes. Go for it!

Agreed! Thank you qiwoman!

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 10:39:52 PM

Decent article on bitcoin becoming money. The headline isn't as bad as it seems.

Volatile Bitcoin still isn't money

Is bitcoin ever going to become money? That's certainly on the mind of bitcoin enthusiasts and backers of the blockchain record-keeping technology that potentially makes it possible. It's also on the minds of the economists at central banks, who wonder how the new currency will affect their ability to manage inflation and economic growth. The answer to the question depends on the answer to a much deeper question: What is money, anyway?

To me the answer has always seemed simple: Money is what you exchange for goods and services. But plenty of people don't seem to be on the same page. You see many declare stubbornly that "gold is money," even though they can't go into McDonald's and use their gold collectible coins to buy a Big Mac. What these gold bugs mean is that in their view gold will hold its value during the long term. They predict that in 100 years they will be able to trade their gold collectible coins for whatever the dominant currency is then, and use that currency to buy about as many Big Macs as they could today if they sold their collectible coins for dollars.

But being a good long-term store of value isn't really a desirable characteristic in a currency. The reason this is true comes from a very deep fact in finance: the trade-off between risk and expected return. In general, if you want something whose value is stable in the short term, you will need to accept that it won't go up much--or may even go down--in the long term. If you want to build your wealth, you will have to accept some short-term fluctuations.

[...]

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2015/jun/28/volatile-bitcoin-still-isn-t-money-2015/

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 02:23:55 AM

Hello everyone.

Hello ALJONA.  Thanks for visiting us this evening. Among others, I am focusing on two major issues this week. We are planning to launch another site with a focus on busy political leaders, regulators, business executives and others who like to learn more about digital currency and DNotes but simply do not have the time to go through hundreds of forum pages we have generated. I am quite concerned about Grexit. This is a very unfortunate situation affecting 11 million Greek citizens that have been in financial struggle for the last five years. It will be nice if DNotes can be of some help. Technically, there are various possibilities. Feel free to participate.
CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 02:40:48 AM

Decent article on bitcoin becoming money. The headline isn't as bad as it seems.

Is bitcoin ever going to become money? That's certainly on the mind of bitcoin enthusiasts and backers of the blockchain record-keeping technology that potentially makes it possible. It's also on the minds of the economists at central banks, who wonder how the new currency will affect their ability to manage inflation and economic growth. The answer to the question depends on the answer to a much deeper question: What is money, anyway?

To me the answer has always seemed simple: Money is what you exchange for goods and services. But plenty of people don't seem to be on the same page. You see many declare stubbornly that "gold is money," even though they can't go into McDonald's and use their gold collectible coins to buy a Big Mac. What these gold bugs mean is that in their view gold will hold its value during the long term. They predict that in 100 years they will be able to trade their gold collectible coins for whatever the dominant currency is then, and use that currency to buy about as many Big Macs as they could today if they sold their collectible coins for dollars.

But being a good long-term store of value isn't really a desirable characteristic in a currency. The reason this is true comes from a very deep fact in finance: the trade-off between risk and expected return. In general, if you want something whose value is stable in the short term, you will need to accept that it won't go up much--or may even go down--in the long term. If you want to build your wealth, you will have to accept some short-term fluctuations.

[...]

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2015/jun/28/volatile-bitcoin-still-isn-t-money-2015/

Perhaps rather than trying to completely conform to a traditional financial standpoint, Bitcoin should be more worried about taking advantage of the shortfalls and inefficiencies in the current system and capitalizing on markets that traditional finance just can't compete with. Fiat won't go away overnight, neither will debt based systems. The best we can do is offer a far superior alternative to the old system, smart people will get on board, others will stay in their comfort zone.

I think we should be moving away from the word stability, as deflationary currencies are designed for reliable value appreciation, not stability. I recently saw a comment about DNotes 30x value appreciation being far from stable, which is a valid point.
CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 03:10:52 AM

Hello everyone.

Welcome to DNotes ALJONA, if you are new to digital currency and need a quick rundown please refer to DNotes Educational Guide, available on Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cojack.dnedu

CryptoMoms.com also has some great information.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 12:56:51 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2015, 03:52:11 PM by Dyna

[...]

Perhaps rather than trying to completely conform to a traditional financial standpoint, Bitcoin should be more worried about taking advantage of the shortfalls and inefficiencies in the current system and capitalizing on markets that traditional finance just can't compete with. Fiat won't go away overnight, neither will debt based systems. The best we can do is offer a far superior alternative to the old system, smart people will get on board, others will stay in their comfort zone.

I think we should be moving away from the word stability, as deflationary currencies are designed for reliable value appreciation, not stability. I recently saw a comment about DNotes 30x value appreciation being far from stable, which is a valid point.

Thank you for bringing up this important issue, CryptoBroker79. The comment regarding our common characterization of DNotes as the most “stable” digital currency is a comment in response to my blog post “How we characterize Bitcoin is very Important” on LinkedIn (6-28-2015) as follows:

Zennon Kapron 1st
Asia Financial Services Market Research / Author of Chomping at the Bitcoin

“Good commentary, but just to clarify, "appreciating 30 times" is not stable even in the crypto industry”.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-we-characterize-bitcoin-extremely-important-alan-yong

Alan's Response:

Mr. Kapron point that “appreciating 30 times" is not stable even in the crypto industry”
is totally valid.

Technically “stable” means remains the same,  solid, strong, steady, firm, sure, steadfast. In our case, for the lack of a better word, “stable” has been used as a part of our PR efforts to compare and contrast against the word “volatile” with a suggestive message that being stable is better than being volatile.  Let us know if you can think of a better word or a better way to describe DNotes favorable uptrend. I have attempted to associate it with “reliable long term appreciation with higher highs and high lows”, a factually correct trend-line (http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/dnotes/#charts).
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 01:59:54 PM

Blog Post From LinkedIn:
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-we-characterize-bitcoin-extremely-important-alan-yong

Marcie D. Terman 1st
Chief Executive, DATAFORT LTD, Comm Director First Global Credit Ltd.

"Though history does not repeat exactly it can give a point of reference. Therefore, I would suggest looking at the American dollar's early history and where it stands right now. Five year's is nothing in terms of such a step change as bitcoin. And in terms of volatility (im not saying there won't be more to come,) but look at the last 4 months. I think Mr. Young has amazing courage to launch D-notes but once dominance is established by something like XBT it will be incredibly hard for other coins to take the lead. Regulation will also settle and normalize in the fullness of time. Finally there can be no doubt that we are at a pivotal point in history. How lucky we are. I have always said I would want to live in the time of the prequel to Star trek and not after the Federation is formed and the lines drawn!"

Quote From Alan:

Thank you for your comments, Marcie. Five years is not a long time. Just surviving the test of time over a five year period in the digital currency space is a huge undertaking, which cannot be taken lightly. I am very passionate about helping DNotes to be a global digital currency that is available for everyone worldwide through our family of CRISPs (Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plan).

Doing the right things and taking our time to build a trusted brand with a solid foundation is what we have fully committed to do. Whether DNotes will be able to match up with Bitcoin dominance one day, only history can tell. In the mean time, I have no doubt that the immensely innovative digital currency and blockchain technologies will have far reaching and world changing implications leading to a quantum shift in the ways global commerce will be conducted.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2015, 02:56:44 PM

[...]

Thank you for bringing up this important issue, CryptoBroker79. The comment regarding our common characterization of DNotes as the most “stable” digital currency is a comment in response to my blog post “How we characterize Bitcoin is very Important” on LinkedIn (6-28-2015) as follows:

Zennon Kapron 1st
Asia Financial Services Market Research / Author of Chomping at the Bitcoin

“Good commentary, but just to clarify, "appreciating 30 times" is not stable even in the crypto industry”.

Alan's Response:

Mr. Kapron point that “appreciating 30 times" is not stable even in the crypto industry”
is totally valid.

Technically “stable” means remains the same,  solid, strong, steady, firm, sure, steadfast. In our case, for the lack of a better word, “stable” has been used as a part of our PR efforts to compare and contrast against the word “volatile” with a suggestive message that being stable is better than being volatile.  Let us know if you can think of a better word or a better way to describe DNotes favorable uptrend. I have attempted to associate it with “reliable long term appreciation with higher highs and high low”, a factually correct trend-line (http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/dnotes/#charts).

It is a great point, I personally have always viewed DNotes as a growth model, in terms of price, advancements, and user base. Much like companies such as Amazon, the goal is it to continue growing.

Neither volatile nor stable may not be the appropriate term to use, something like growth maybe more in line.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2015, 06:38:44 PM

We've registered DCEBrief.com for the new website. Short for Digital Currency Executive Brief. With the following criteria: Short and descriptive and/or not easy to come to a false conclusion about the content without further inquiry, and easy enough to say. Sounded out D C E Brief.

Still open to suggestions if anyone would like to make any better suggestions.

Pages: « 1 ... 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 [307] 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: