Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 01:22:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 [427] 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814501 times)
SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 06:00:44 AM

Fantastic article, Chase. We all take chances with our finances everyday of the week and not knowing it. Each day, not spending or investing smartly is a loss of value much more noticeable later part in life.
Immersed in countless hours of research as part of my book project I constantly questioned why some people or even companies are doing so much better than other.  

I just wrote this today:

"Human beings, ranked in the highest order within the animal kingdom, are gifted with a powerful capability and urge to combine their efforts and strength in organized groups, thereby developing ingenious ways and complex technology in the utilization of resources from their environment for the accomplishment of a wide variety of collective, as well as individual goals. As a whole our combined efforts, through serving in organizations, have been extremely successful in bringing civilization to what we know as the modern world today. They have constantly made progress in many material things which they seek to achieve, such as better standard of living, growth in their companies, and improved technologies. But both as an individual, as a group, and as a company, some have done significant better than others."

Why? Perhaps it has a lot to do with the way we take chances, our ability to work as a team in the most productive ways to attain common goals, and the utilization of resources available to us. And much more, of course. I thought the timing of Chase article was an interesting coincident. Great job, Chase.

Thank you very much! 

Your writing today of people coming together in strong organized groups, reminds me of a 'group building' exercise from years ago.  Everyone was asked a series of rather difficult random questions. As individuals, they were each only able to answer a few of the questions correctly.  When the group was told to combine all their answers, there was only a few of the questions that weren't answered correctly by someone.

I received a message last night from a member of another community that was so touching, it convinced me that there are enough hardworking, selfless, trustworthy, generous, grateful people here to make this industry succeed. If everyone in this industry was like this person, we'd be half way there!

Thank you Alan and Joe for having faith in me and allowing me to contribute in the building of this empire! Wink Grin

2016 is going to be a great year!

Happy New Year!

I love the analogy! When a group of people all pull on the rope the same way, amazing things can happen. Happy New Year everyone. Gonna be a good one.

Smokey
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 07:09:35 AM

@ Dyna:

tee hee -- lest there be any confusion, we think Guvvy Coins are an awful idea; but we expect stiff competition from them.
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 11:13:48 AM

@ Dyna:

tee hee -- lest there be any confusion, we think Guvvy Coins are an awful idea; but we expect stiff competition from them.

Oops! That was a grouping confusion, when I have not heard that much about Guvvy Coins to begin with.
Should a country adopt any honest decentralized crypto, that could be an awesome idea.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 03:10:22 PM

Fantastic article, Chase. We all take chances with our finances everyday of the week and not knowing it. Each day, not spending or investing smartly is a loss of value much more noticeable later part in life.
Immersed in countless hours of research as part of my book project I constantly questioned why some people or even companies are doing so much better than other.  

I just wrote this today:

"Human beings, ranked in the highest order within the animal kingdom, are gifted with a powerful capability and urge to combine their efforts and strength in organized groups, thereby developing ingenious ways and complex technology in the utilization of resources from their environment for the accomplishment of a wide variety of collective, as well as individual goals. As a whole our combined efforts, through serving in organizations, have been extremely successful in bringing civilization to what we know as the modern world today. They have constantly made progress in many material things which they seek to achieve, such as better standard of living, growth in their companies, and improved technologies. But both as an individual, as a group, and as a company, some have done significant better than others."

Why? Perhaps it has a lot to do with the way we take chances, our ability to work as a team in the most productive ways to attain common goals, and the utilization of resources available to us. And much more, of course. I thought the timing of Chase article was an interesting coincident. Great job, Chase.

Thank you very much! 

Your writing today of people coming together in strong organized groups, reminds me of a 'group building' exercise from years ago.  Everyone was asked a series of rather difficult random questions. As individuals, they were each only able to answer a few of the questions correctly.  When the group was told to combine all their answers, there was only a few of the questions that weren't answered correctly by someone.

I received a message last night from a member of another community that was so touching, it convinced me that there are enough hardworking, selfless, trustworthy, generous, grateful people here to make this industry succeed. If everyone in this industry was like this person, we'd be half way there!

Thank you Alan and Joe for having faith in me and allowing me to contribute in the building of this empire! Wink Grin

Happy New Year!

I love the analogy! When a group of people all pull on the rope the same way, amazing things can happen. Happy New Year everyone. Gonna be a good one.

Smokey

Thanks Smokey, and Happy New Year to you too!

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2016, 04:11:39 PM

Bitcoin Weekly Recap 1-1-2016

Coinbase Announces Bitcoin XT Test, Gets Removed from Bitcoin.org.
Bitcoin Reaches New Milestones, Best Performing Currency of 2015.
XAPO’s Rogers Sees Bitcoin Debit Cards as Vital for Crypto Acceptance.
McAfee: Digital Currency Acceptance.

http://dcebrief.com/bitcoin-weekly-recap-1-1-2016/

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 05:17:27 PM

McAfee: Digital Currency Acceptance. - “There will be an electronic currency, that I promise you. And if it’s Bitcoin, great. I just don’t think it will be.”

Will 2016 be the year that people start looking for the digital currency that has the potential to be 'the one'?

DNotes (AKA 'the one') is going to have a good year! Wink

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 06:28:46 PM

McAfee: Digital Currency Acceptance. - “There will be an electronic currency, that I promise you. And if it’s Bitcoin, great. I just don’t think it will be.”

Will 2016 be the year that people start looking for the digital currency that has the potential to be 'the one'?

DNotes (AKA 'the one') is going to have a good year! Wink

It is a massive undertaking to be "the one" but that is DNotes' strategic mission since the day of launch. We are not just hoping to be the one. That has always been our plan. We know that it will be a long tough road that demands relentless tenacity and hard work.

We have never stopped to do what it takes and have continued to advance towards our ultimate goal by creating the necessary building blocks; block by block. They are all strategically linked.

2016 will be a great year, bringing us a lot closer with many more followers who may begin to understand why we have been doing what we are doing. The market value of DNotes is a reflection of investors' understanding of DNotes' mission and its strategic accomplishment. There is clearly a lack of understanding at this point. It is frustrating but not concerning.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2016, 08:51:53 PM

Reading through this article, Bitcoin's Big Challenge in 2016: Reaching 100 Million Users, I was starting to wonder if I was reading Alan's article.

"The blockchain is ubiquitous yet, as many readers of CoinDesk already know, it continues to be vastly misunderstood.

Just saying that a business can use blockchain technology means very little. Business are built in the daily grind by forging enduring relationships with users and creating communities. You can have a good team with a lousy product or can have an amazing idea but no execution. Success requires the constant application of energy, strategy, persistence and vision. But above all, it requires the delivery of products that people really appreciate.

Bitcoin and blockchain companies need to first focus on solving problems, and then build services and software that delight their customers. So far, in 2015, we are yet to solve a problem – and we’re a long way from delighting consumers."

Too much too really highlight the way I wanted. The rest of the article is a great read as well, but that is what I really wanted to share.

Bergman

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 11:01:45 PM

Reading through this article, Bitcoin's Big Challenge in 2016: Reaching 100 Million Users, I was starting to wonder if I was reading Alan's article.

"The blockchain is ubiquitous yet, as many readers of CoinDesk already know, it continues to be vastly misunderstood.

Just saying that a business can use blockchain technology means very little. Business are built in the daily grind by forging enduring relationships with users and creating communities. You can have a good team with a lousy product or can have an amazing idea but no execution. Success requires the constant application of energy, strategy, persistence and vision. But above all, it requires the delivery of products that people really appreciate.

Bitcoin and blockchain companies need to first focus on solving problems, and then build services and software that delight their customers. So far, in 2015, we are yet to solve a problem – and we’re a long way from delighting consumers."

Too much too really highlight the way I wanted. The rest of the article is a great read as well, but that is what I really wanted to share.

Good points raised in this article, much of what is discussed here in the DNotes forum.

Happy new years everyone. Keep up the good work for 2016 and DNotes will be successful.
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 12:45:00 AM

@ Dyna:

Oops! That was a grouping confusion, when I have not heard that much about Guvvy Coins to begin with.
Should a country adopt any honest decentralized crypto, that could be an awesome idea.

Would be, Dyna; but it isn't gonna happen because a decentralised Guvvy Coin would deprive the state of the option of QE.

There's a noteworthy glitch of definition here:

the 'classical' definition of Bitcoin is 'blockchain + decentralisation-as-instrument-of-anti-statist-politico-economic-activity.' The advent of Guvvy Coin adds an autoantonymic definition: 'blockchain + centralisation'

Although cryptos (as with most everything else) will not become perfectly binarised*, what we're gonna see is a growing consciousness of which coins are (my terms) 'free cryptos' and which are Guvvy Coins.

*Think back, Dyna, on the repeated mentions I've made of 'corporate' and 'semi-corporate' and 'Foundation' cryptos. These are those cryptos  that are 'free' in the sense of not being government-controlled, but do have far more organisation (Ripple Labs!) than those (like Unobtanium) that are staunchly adherent to the open-source ethos.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2016, 12:51:38 AM

@ Dyna:

Would be, Dyna; but it isn't gonna happen because a decentralised Guvvy Coin would deprive the state of the option of QE.

the 'classical' definition of Bitcoin is 'blockchain + decentralisation-as-instrument-of-anti-statist-politico-economic-activity.' The advent of Guvvy Coin adds a contradictory (indeed autoantonymic) definition:

'blockchain + exactly-the-sort-of-centralisation-that-we-want-to-get-away-from'*

Although cryptos (as with most everything else) will not become perfectly binarised, what we gonna see is a growing consciousness of which coins are (my terms) 'free cryptos' and which are Guvvy Coins.

Sorry IMZ, is Guvvy short for government? I'm assuming as I follow along, but wanted to verify.

IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 12:55:18 AM

@ Dyna:

the 'classical' definition of Bitcoin is 'blockchain + decentralisation-as-instrument-of-anti-statist-politico-economic-activity.' The advent of Guvvy Coin adds a contradictory (indeed autoantonymic) definition:

'blockchain + exactly-the-sort-of-centralisation-that-we-want-to-get-away-from'*

Although cryptos (as with most everything else) will not become perfectly binarised, what we gonna see is a growing consciousness of which coins are (my terms) 'free cryptos' and which are Guvvy Coins.

Sorry IMZ, is Guvvy short for government? I'm assuming as I follow along, but wanted to verify.

yup
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 01:10:27 AM

@ Dyna:

the 'classical' definition of Bitcoin is 'blockchain + decentralisation-as-instrument-of-anti-statist-politico-economic-activity.' The advent of Guvvy Coin adds an autoantonymic definition: 'blockchain + centralisation'

Although cryptos (as with most everything else) will not become perfectly binarised*, what we're gonna see is a growing consciousness of which coins are (my terms) 'free cryptos' and which are Guvvy Coins.

*Think back, Dyna, on the repeated mentions I've made of 'corporate' and 'semi-corporate' and 'Foundation' cryptos. These are those cryptos  that are 'free' in the sense of not being government-controlled, but do have far more organisation (Ripple Labs!) than those (like Unobtanium) that are staunchly adherent to the open-source ethos.

Thanks for the clarification, Mark.
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 02:41:45 AM

Taxpayers forced to bailout failing banks in Europe is coming to an end.

EU Taxpayers No Longer Paying Bank Bailouts is Good News for Bitcoin Adoption

People living in Europe will rejoice at the news of hearing how the trillion euro financial help packages from banks are no longer a possibility from now on. Citizens had been paying the bill for horrible banking practices, especially when struggling economies came knocking on the door for lending purposes. A new law will force the costs of bank failure bailouts on private sector creditors...

https://news.bitcoin.com/eu-taxpayers-no-longer-paying-bank-bailouts-good-news-bitcoin-adoption/

IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 02:55:39 AM

Guvvy Coins/prototypes thereof/etc.:

http://forklog.net/tunisia-to-transfer-its-national-currency-onto-blockchain

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/article30968391.html -- Ecuador

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoiners-assess-filipino-e-peso-bill-2014

And the first one that Ian and I ever encountered (though a prototype):
http://www.mobilepaymentstoday.com/articles/royal-canadian-mint-conducts-crypto-currency-trial

This is relevant:
http://insidebitcoins.com/news/liberland-europes-newly-formed-country-to-use-bitcoin/31979

‘Local government officials’ were involved in the planning of this project, but it didn’t happen:
http://www.coindesk.com/70000-caribbean-island-residents-receive-bitcoin-2015

Nations within nations:
https://www.rt.com/usa/native-american-nation-bitcoin-632

And ‘ . . . discussions have taken place with privately-owned Federal Reserve . . . “:
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/ibm-federal-reserve-want-create-bitcoin-knock-off

And neo-nations:
http://www.neweconomics.org/blog/entry/scotpound-a-new-digital-currency-for-scotland

And micro-nations:
http://www.businessinsider.com.au/atlantis-is-going-to-adopt-bitcoin-as-its-official-currency-2015-12

And here finally is a non-currency governmental-blockchain application:
http://www.coindesk.com/case-merging-mexicos-peso-block-chain-technology

Okay, this one too: ‘ . . . the first government in the world to use the blockchain to store data . . . ‘:
http://www.pymnts.com/exclusive-series/2015/bon-voyage-welcome-to-the-isle-of-bitcoin
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2016, 03:35:21 AM

People living in Europe will rejoice at the news of hearing how the trillion euro financial help packages from banks are no longer a possibility from now on. Citizens had been paying the bill for horrible banking practices, especially when struggling economies came knocking on the door for lending purposes. A new law will force the costs of bank failure bailouts on private sector creditors...

https://news.bitcoin.com/eu-taxpayers-no-longer-paying-bank-bailouts-good-news-bitcoin-adoption/

Very good. "Now that financial institutions are no longer able to get their hands on “easy” bailout packages, they might finally start to get their act together." That is often the challenge with government handouts. They become a crutch for the recipient and at the cost everyone else in the form of taxation.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 01:40:44 PM

Very good. "Now that financial institutions are no longer able to get their hands on “easy” bailout packages, they might finally start to get their act together." That is often the challenge with government handouts. They become a crutch for the recipient and at the cost everyone else in the form of taxation.

This is a Bitter-Sweet Pill. It just bumped up the chances of a global financial crises by a few notches. The global banking and financial systems have already been showing cracks with increasing pressure from FinTech and digital currencies. A sudden shift could be very bad for everyone. A more gradual adjustment would be my preference.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2016, 03:46:52 PM

Blockchain Weekly Recap 1-2-2016

India’s Reserve Bank Acknowledges Blockchain Benefits.
Visa Europe Retrospective: Industry Must Learn to Live With Blockchain.
Nasdaq Linq Used to Issue Chain.com Shares.
Coilsillium: First Blockchain Tech Firm IPO.
Honduran Politics Disrupt Factom Blockchain Effort.

http://dcebrief.com/blockchain-weekly-recap-1-2-2016/

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2016, 03:49:59 PM

Blockchain Weekly Recap 1-2-2016

India’s Reserve Bank Acknowledges Blockchain Benefits.
Visa Europe Retrospective: Industry Must Learn to Live With Blockchain.
Nasdaq Linq Used to Issue Chain.com Shares.
Coilsillium: First Blockchain Tech Firm IPO.
Honduran Politics Disrupt Factom Blockchain Effort.

http://dcebrief.com/blockchain-weekly-recap-1-2-2016/

Great quote from the recap this week:

The post, titled, Why 2015 Was the Year for Payments, addressed the growth in payment transactions, FinTech, and both Bitcoin and the Blockchain. The post ultimately concludes that there is a transformation underway that leaves the financial industry with no choice other than to adapt to the changing technologies or be left behind. As the post notes,

“2015 has turned blockchain into something the industry has to live with. It is no longer a choice anymore. Recent news speculating about the identity of its creator and the formalization of virtual money as a commodity just makes it more real than ever before.”

kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 05:48:28 PM

I just wrote this today:

Thank you very much! 

Happy New Year!

Smokey

Thanks Smokey, and Happy New Year to you too!

Happy New Years DNoters! Look forward to what 2016 will bring.
Pages: « 1 ... 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 [427] 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: