Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:13:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 [382] 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814493 times)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 02:51:07 PM

In this weeks digital currency recap:

European Court Exempts Bitcoin Exchange from VAT.
21 Inc Seeks Mining Circuitry Patent.
Jersey Moves Toward 2016 Digital Currency Standards.
Barcelona Preparing to Launch Local Cryptocurrency.

http://dcebrief.com/digital-currency-weekly-recap-10-25-2015/

SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 03:02:36 PM

Good Morning, NorCal. Very good to see you here. Stop in often. We appreciate very much that you have been working very hard to include us. It is very much appreciated.

PayServices is a massive and very exciting project. We are happy to be included and will remained helpful in any ways we can.

Thanks for the Youtube video and all that work you put in. I am impressed that you even found some news clippings of the DTRs (mini tablet computer, 1993) Intel 486 MS Windows, 80 Meg HD - handwriting (pen) and voice recognition, 2.5 lbs. (DTR1 manufactured by IBM) Also support wireless CDPD, GPS and others.

I remember the DTR!! The first time I met you, (Alan) you were using a DTR. That was before laptops. Before smart phones. Hell I cannot even remember life before laptops and smartphones! I do remember our first cell phone. (about '92 or 93). It was a bag phone, hard-mounted in my work pickup. The horn blew when the phone rang if the vehicle was not running. Very "high tech". At least it was then.

Smokey
kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 03:19:42 PM

A city creating a cryptocurrency  Huh

That will be interesting. I guess they didn't release too much information on what kind of specs the cryptocurrency will have?
KC

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 03:43:45 PM

That will be interesting. I guess they didn't release too much information on what kind of specs the cryptocurrency will have?

It sounds as though they are still working out many of the finer points, including a name.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 05:23:21 PM

It sounds as though they are still working out many of the finer points, including a name.

Couldn't find much either, very interested in seeing how they will set it up though.

RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 07:54:11 PM

Good Morning, NorCal. Very good to see you here. Stop in often. We appreciate very much that you have been working very hard to include us. It is very much appreciated.

PayServices is a massive and very exciting project. We are happy to be included and will remained helpful in any ways we can.

Thanks for the Youtube video and all that work you put in. I am impressed that you even found some news clippings of the DTRs (mini tablet computer, 1993) Intel 486 MS Windows, 80 Meg HD - handwriting (pen) and voice recognition, 2.5 lbs. (DTR1 manufactured by IBM) Also support wireless CDPD, GPS and others.

I remember the DTR!! The first time I met you, (Alan) you were using a DTR. That was before laptops. Before smart phones. Hell I cannot even remember life before laptops and smartphones! I do remember our first cell phone. (about '92 or 93). It was a bag phone, hard-mounted in my work pickup. The horn blew when the phone rang if the vehicle was not running. Very "high tech". At least it was then.

Smokey

Still have mine and, it still works!

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 07:55:34 PM

How about "BarCoin" Smiley

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 08:39:31 PM

Texts are clear and informative. yet, it should be shortend further -as for my view. The headlines are too long and complicated. For example I would put such as headline for the Polish item: Poland seeks instructions. In genaral, this is a very good section - which I'm sure is causing pleasure to many readers

All, here is the second weekly digital currency recap. Please send your comments and feedback.

Digital Currency Weekly Recap 10-18-2015

http://dcebrief.com/digital-currency-weekly-recap-10-18-2015/

Thanks again for the feedback Mati, everyone else for your comments and feedback as well. I meant to respond to this yesterday. We have been deliberating back and forth, what we decided is best would be that some stories will remain as short as one paragraph while others may warrant a longer write up at the writers discretion.

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 12:55:37 AM

Did you know that CryptoMoms now has 12,020 Members?

It was at 11,000 not that many weeks ago.

Congratulations and a Big Welcome to all our new members!!!
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 02:45:18 AM

Cryptomoms growth rate is really impressive. It is clearly a web property that is gaining traction.

Looking forward to seeing what Cryptomoms has in store for phase 2 of its growth.

The industry working together to foster communication with regulators and other stakeholders is positive news, and I'm sure they'll find DCEBrief very valuable if we can contact the known members in the group.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2015, 03:32:57 AM

CryptoMoms has a lot of potential. It is easy to look at it today and only see the educational and information site along with the forum, not give it a second look. Even today it is much more than that, we have created, along with everyone's help, a friendly and inviting environment for all who are interested in cryptocurrency to learn, ask questions, and share ideas and ideals. It is very exciting that it is growing in membership so rapidly.

matatyau-cohen

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 07:28:44 AM

Thank you for this response. Although English is not my mother tongue, I am willing to help with the headlines. Headlines are particularly important and we should devote much attention to them. The headline I suggested to the poland issue - pulls the reader into the text because they ask themselves how come a sovereignty waits to instructions. it might seems to you not accurate, but when one analyzes the text they might agree that  in the end of the day - that is exactly what Poland wish to recieve from the big brother - regarding this text

Texts are clear and informative. yet, it should be shortend further -as for my view. The headlines are too long and complicated. For example I would put such as headline for the Polish item: Poland seeks instructions. In genaral, this is a very good section - which I'm sure is causing pleasure to many readers

All, here is the second weekly digital currency recap. Please send your comments and feedback.

Thanks again for the feedback Mati, everyone else for your comments and feedback as well. I meant to respond to this yesterday. We have been deliberating back and forth, what we decided is best would be that some stories will remain as short as one paragraph while others may warrant a longer write up at the writers discretion.
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 12:37:26 PM

Quote From Shepherd, Oct. 25, 2015-10-26

Did you know that CryptoMoms now has 12,020 Members?

It was at 11,000 not that many weeks ago.

Congratulations and a Big Welcome to all our new members!!!

Quote From TeeGee, Today at 02:45:18 AM

Cryptomoms growth rate is really impressive. It is clearly a web property that is gaining traction.

Looking forward to seeing what Cryptomoms has in store for phase 2 of its growth.

The industry working together to foster communication with regulators and other stakeholders is positive news, and I'm sure they'll find DCEBrief very valuable if we can contact the known members in the group.

Quote From DNotes, Today at 03:32:57 AM

CryptoMoms has a lot of potential. It is easy to look at it today and only see the educational and information site along with the forum, not give it a second look. Even today it is much more than that, we have created, along with everyone's help, a friendly and inviting environment for all who are interested in cryptocurrency to learn, ask questions, and share ideas and ideals. It is very exciting that it is growing in membership so rapidly.

Quote From Dyna Today:

We all can be proud of CryptoMoms for what it has accomplished. Until CryptoMoms was launched there have been many attempts by various women’s groups to have a venue to help promote women’s participation in the cryptocurrency world overwhelmingly dominated by men by a ratio of 95 men to 5 women. We are making a small difference through CryptoMoms, but that is only the beginning.

We are now reaching out to associations and organizations that have a mission to assist or organize women in some ways. We can use your help and we can use many volunteers. Please contact me (PM) if you like to help out.

Among various major projects I have been working on is the writing of  a book for small business owners, including start-ups. I am making every effort to make it instructional as well as inspirational. Small business owners worldwide are the engines in the creation of new jobs, yet the vast majority of them are in constant struggle to make ends meet in typically very stressful environment. There are a host of issues confronting them, among most commonly mentioned, being mounting regulations and increasing cost of doing business. Having spent 40 years either as a small businessman or assisting other business owners and I privileged to have gained some valuable skills and tools of which I am passionately committed to share. I certainly hope that many women small business owners can benefit from it. If all goes as planned I like to get it published in the first half of 2016. Below are a few unedited quotes:

“It is not where you are, but where you are going from here that matters. If you are already on top of your world, may be this book is not for you. Anyone else, any business that knows there is room for improvement will find this book thought provoking and helpful.  …………..

………………………as you are designing or redesigning your company, imagine that you are designing a complete functional system with many subsystems or components. To be exceptional, they must all work in unison, efficiently, generating the best performance consistently every time. 

……    Business is a gamble too, in the sense that outcomes are uncertain. However, here you can manage and to a large extent control your odds.  …
……………   what if you could reverse the odds in your favor.

Many failed to meet their goal due to the lack of a complete package. The ability and discipline to focus on “ALL” things and the passion to excel in every single department, function or business activity is critical to ensure optimum business success ………………. It is about the grand total of the final scores.

Everything is inter-related. A poor performance in one function is not isolated to that function. It degrades performance everywhere else. ……………………

Your wrist watch is a high precision closed system. Its accuracy is not dependent on its environment or interacts with it. A well engineered watch with many moving parts or subsystems gives you the same results every time. ……………..

Your business is an opened system. It is inter-related with its environment and must interact with it …….

… If you do not have the mindset that you must be equal to or better than the competition to begin with, you are not positioned to be the best in class. Since you think you can't be at least being equal to the competition, you are right. You can't. You have already set yourself up to be less than the best and will accept outcomes that are below the best…

In many ways, business is like a team sports. The paramount difference here is that you are the key player and the coach. The coach, the star player and the whole team must all want the championship, willing to push themselves to the limits and believe that irrespective of any setbacks, loosing games, bad game calls, you are all in to win the championship. ……..”

That should give you an idea on theme of the book.

DNotes is not just another digital currency. It is a currency with a purpose and a mission. I am fully committed and very passionate to do everything possible to ensure that DNotes will be the trusted digital currency for everyone worldwide to participate. It will provide an option or a choice to supplement, not replace any national or fiat currency. It will be a choice for small business owners to be their own bank and use any savings to help boost their retirement savings.

These are all big bold ideas but they are worthy missions for us all to pursue.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2015, 02:32:14 PM

Thank you for this response. Although English is not my mother tongue, I am willing to help with the headlines. Headlines are particularly important and we should devote much attention to them. The headline I suggested to the poland issue - pulls the reader into the text because they ask themselves how come a sovereignty waits to instructions. it might seems to you not accurate, but when one analyzes the text they might agree that  in the end of the day - that is exactly what Poland wish to recieve from the big brother - regarding this text

Mati, that is an interesting concept, I'll give it some thought.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2015, 03:32:13 PM

Funny, just ran across this "Because ransomware has found success on such a vast scale, Bonavolonta said attackers are likely to keep their demands low to maximise profit.", from this article: https://securityledger.com/2015/10/fbis-advice-on-cryptolocker-just-pay-the-ransom/ remembering our earlier conversation about Aria.

There are arguments for and against paying the ransom, as stated here http://www.coindesk.com/fbi-malware-victims-should-pay-bitcoin-ransoms/. Thinking through the Aria scenario, I might consider paying the ransom, wait for the bitcoin to move around, then offer a bounty. Ethical hackers would love this.

I might even suggest the FBI is recommending people pay the ransom, as they are working on a way to track down btc transactions. The more transactions that occur, the more evidence there will be to track the perpetrators. Even though the blockchain records all the transactions, there may or may not be sophisticated enough software to follow where they go, through mixers and such, but I'm positive such software is coming.

Eventually, if you have bitcoin, you want to be able to spend it. Spending it requires you to identify yourself in one way or another. Combine that with the inevitable blockchain trail of all transactions, no matter how you attempt to mask or mix your transactions, there will always be a trail to follow and given enough data someone will always be able to figure it out or even narrow it down to just a handful of people.

SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 06:18:50 PM

Funny, just ran across this "Because ransomware has found success on such a vast scale, Bonavolonta said attackers are likely to keep their demands low to maximise profit.", from this article: https://securityledger.com/2015/10/fbis-advice-on-cryptolocker-just-pay-the-ransom/ remembering our earlier conversation about Aria.

There are arguments for and against paying the ransom, as stated here http://www.coindesk.com/fbi-malware-victims-should-pay-bitcoin-ransoms/. Thinking through the Aria scenario, I might consider paying the ransom, wait for the bitcoin to move around, then offer a bounty. Ethical hackers would love this.

I might even suggest the FBI is recommending people pay the ransom, as they are working on a way to track down btc transactions. The more transactions that occur, the more evidence there will be to track the perpetrators. Even though the blockchain records all the transactions, there may or may not be sophisticated enough software to follow where they go, through mixers and such, but I'm positive such software is coming.

Eventually, if you have bitcoin, you want to be able to spend it. Spending it requires you to identify yourself in one way or another. Combine that with the inevitable blockchain trail of all transactions, no matter how you attempt to mask or mix your transactions, there will always be a trail to follow and given enough data someone will always be able to figure it out or even narrow it down to just a handful of people.

I always thought that kind of odd. It seems as though everyone has it backwards. Cash is totally untrackable, and as "anonymous" as a transaction can be. Bitcoin is totally transparent, there is just not an "easy" or sure way to track it, as of now. You can be sure it is coming. In reality, bitcoin is the POLAR OPPOSITE of cash. With the proper software, and enough computing power, any Shatosi ever sent could be tracked. It won't be long, cash will be looked upon as the "stuff the bad guys use", while bitcoin will eventually become totally trackable and totally transparent, if someone wants to take the time and effort required to do so. When that happens, the "bad guys" will not be able to use it to help them break the law.

Smokey
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2015, 06:41:53 PM

I always thought that kind of odd. It seems as though everyone has it backwards. Cash is totally untrackable, and as "anonymous" as a transaction can be. Bitcoin is totally transparent, there is just not an "easy" or sure way to track it, as of now. You can be sure it is coming. In reality, bitcoin is the POLAR OPPOSITE of cash. With the proper software, and enough computing power, any Shatosi ever sent could be tracked. It won't be long, cash will be looked upon as the "stuff the bad guys use", while bitcoin will eventually become totally trackable and totally transparent, if someone wants to take the time and effort required to do so. When that happens, the "bad guys" will not be able to use it to help them break the law.

Smokey

I'm starting to believe the reason for some choosing to use digital currency is because it is easy to use, especially across borders, and you don't need a ID to create an account. Getting caught at what you are doing is more of an afterthought, or doesn't really matter.

Bergman

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 08:05:14 PM

Mati, that is an interesting concept, I'll give it some thought.

A descriptive title might be in order, especially for this type of format. Where it is a recap with multiple articles, I like to know if I read the story already. Although I do enjoy reading it from another point of view.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 09:26:34 PM

This may be too late for Halloween this year, but with so many children coming right to your door, it would be cool to hand them a little DNotes "treat" with a brief description.  I'm pretty sure a paper wallet would get tossed, but a promo code to claim the DNotes when they registered at the Vault should work.  A brief explantaion of what a CRISP is may get the parent's attention.  Attaching a couple of candies to it should get the kid's attention.  Grin

Next year??

Note:  If you put it in a bag with the candy, you can tell the kids there is digital money in the bag!

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
HORT

Activity: 508
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 10:11:38 PM

This may be too late for Halloween this year, but with so many children coming right to your door, it would be cool to hand them a little DNotes "treat" with a brief description.  I'm pretty sure a paper wallet would get tossed, but a promo code to claim the DNotes when they registered at the Vault should work.  A brief explantaion of what a CRISP is may get the parent's attention.  Attaching a couple of candies to it should get the kid's attention.  Grin

Next year??

Note:  If you put it in a bag with the candy, you can tell the kids there is digital money in the bag!

I love this idea!! Remember those genesis coins a while back. Now that would be cool to give people. Could preload 100 DNotes onto them. Hopefully they wouldn't get tossed, but having something hard and physical other than a paper wallet would be an excellent way for people to become aware. This could be a good idea even if we just send out a few coins to selected individuals that could help us promote DNotes. I know I have 3 of the coins and they are very nice!!!
Pages: « 1 ... 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 [382] 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: