Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 10:44:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 [381] 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814493 times)
KC

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 06:01:28 AM

All, here is this weeks bitcoin recap.

ACCC Investigating Australian Bitcoin Bank Account Closures
BitcoinPay’s OpenCart Plugin Enables Online Merchant Bitcoin Payments
DEA Agent Sentenced For Silk Road Corruption
Bi Wang Announces Bitcoin Miner and 14nm Chip for Consumers
Bitcoin Company Abra To Receive Investment from AmEx
China’s CAC Proclaims “Post-Bitcoin Era”
Bounty Offered for Perpetrators of Bitcoin Ransom Demand
BnkToTheFuture to Help Launch Bitcoin Mining IPO
Deloitte’s Watts and Others Make Strong Case Against Premature Bitcoin Regulation

http://dcebrief.com/bitcoin-weekly-recap-10-23-2015/

Bravo, Aria. Bravo. Lol. The ransom article made my day. Gotta love the counter bounty approach. I hope they get him.

I am very cautious about this article. Doesn't it seem odd that a "hacker" would only demand $4,000 USD? That is nothing in reality. Hmmm, sounds quite fishy to me....something just doesn't sound right about this story. Remember, don't believe everything you read. Sounds more like a marketing ploy to me since finding the person(s) behind a DOS attack is quite impossible if they know what they are doing, hence the generous reward.

The Wall Street Journal did a story about this. The ransom demands are probably set so low to increase the odds that the victim will pay rather than deal with the hassle. A larger ransom would increase the chances of the police being called, and a refusal to comply with the demand.

[Suspicious link removed]j.com/articles/ransomware-a-growing-threat-to-small-businesses-1429127403

Like all such stories, it could be a ploy, but it is not exactly out of the ordinary. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt in this instance.  Grin

Both arguments sounded reasonable. However, I am inclined to agree with KC. Playing the (small) numbers game to avoid being challenged or prosecuted is a old game of scam artists.
Meanwhile, I am left to wonder why the Wall Street Journal's website would be considered a "suspicious link."    Huh
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 07:41:33 AM

'Meanwhile, I am left to wonder why the Wall Street Journal's website would be considered a "suspicious link." '

Wa ha ha -- I personally consider all mainstream journalism to be 'suspicious'!

butragenjo

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 08:50:51 AM

I hold my Dnotes Smiley
norcalanon707

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 11:43:42 AM

DNotes Community,

I am the volunteer from PayServices that has been working on getting DNotes on their MultiExchange Operating System. https://www.payservices.com/#modal

PayServices will be soon launching their Crypto Integration Platform which will first feature 50 CryptoCurrencies DNotes being one of them. This will allow DNotes to be instantly converted into 49 other CryptoCurrencies (400 Cryptos Total before the end of the year) along with 130 Fiat Currencies( including USD, Euro, Pounds Sterling, Yuan etc) and 16 Complimentary Currencies including some as part of the Clinton Initiative. I believe the convertibility of the platform between Cryptos along with all the Fiat Currencies will be handy. Hopefully this will happen soon (No ETA) I have been in touch with the DNotes Founder and helped put him in touch with the VP of PayServices and was told that their conversation went extremely well.
https://www.payservices.com/currency.php

I have been in Crypto since 2011 and have been involved in quite a few developments as an assistant lead along with volunteering as a moderator in another CryptoForum. I mined DNotes back on day one and have always been a big fan of this great CryptoCurrency along with its great community and now the DNotes founder who in my book is the most impressive individual yet to date that I have met in Crypto.

Congratulations everyone for the Steadfast work here!!!

BTW- I made a withdrawal from the Vault for the first time the other day. I confirmed it by email I need to go back and re-read the help section to make sure I did it correctly. So I might be back asking for advice sooner than later. ;-)

Anyway, thank you and Congratulations on your work. Please feel free to contact me regarding any PayServices related questions or anything please feel free to contact me PM.

~NorCal

Hi NorCal and welcome to the DNotes forum!  That is great news that DNotes is going to be listed on PayServices.  I am going to study it thoroughly this weekend and may have a question or two next week.  Thanks for all your hard work helping us out!  Smiley

Anything, I can do please do not hesitate to contact me here, pm or norcalanon707[at]gmail[dot]com and that goes for anyone in this community anytime.

Best,

~NorCal

Welcome NorCal. I was looking into your site when Dyna mentioned it the other day, impressive list of services. DNotes will be a great match for your company.

I am only a volunteer and friend of the owners. PayServices is going to be a game changer. DNotes will be the CryptoCurrency credited for helping raise awareness to the PayServices MultiExchange Operating System. I see them both making history here together and we are very close to seeing this take place. I will try to get Lionel Danenberg CEO/Owner of PayServices Inc over here to say hello as soon as I can. A friendly Crypto Welcome will be enjoyable for him after all the FUD Horror stories I have told him that goes on in other Crypto Communities. DNotes being the community that all coin communities can hopefully model themselves to be like. Keep up the great work!!!

~NorCal

Welcome to the world of DNotes, NorCal! I am glad that others can see what we are doing, and why we are doing it. From what Alan has told me, Mr. Danenberg is a very capable and insightful visionary. The way it sounds, Alan and Mr. Danenberg share a vision for the future. Gonna be an exciting ride!

I have not been posting much lately, but be sure I am not missing a thing. Been VERY busy in the gardens. We have dug up several hundred thousand clumps of daylilies, split them into single plants, and have replanted more than 350,000 plants so far this summer. All the while, shipping out hundreds, or thousands of plants daily. I, for one, am looking forward to the slowdown after we are done with digging/replanting for the year, should be done in about one to two weeks. After that, it will be just daily shipping, (until november 1) and getting ready for winter. You guys are doing a great job. It is nice to see a community come together for a common cause. Kudos to all.

Smokey
The Flower King

Holy Toledo Smokey!!!! Thats some serious work!!!!

Yes, Willy Danenberg and Alan see eye to eye and hold no illusions regarding whats to come.

I believe truly that the Danenberg introduction might be what will define my place in Crypto after 4 years of struggle and mediocre at best results combined with more errors than I can count.

" A wise man once said that an error only becomes a mistake when you refuse to correct it" John Fitzgerald Kennedy

I look forward to bringing Lionel by here to meet you all. Willy Danenberg is his father and Lionel is PayServices CEO and one of the top coders in the world. A very impressive young man who like his father, cares about the future, society and person Freedoms and our right to choose as individuals our own financial futures.

We will be chatting again, thats for sure. :-)

~Norcal

NorCal, thank you for introducing yourself to our community. We are very appreciative of your great introduction of DNotes to PayServices. This could be the "lucky break" for all parties involved.

We are living in a different world than just years ago. Visionaries like Willy and me must, and we are, be bold and confront big issues on a global scale through collaboration and unity of force, supported by solid foundations well crafted and built with passion and tireless hard work.

Strategic partnership can move mountains which otherwise may not be possible. We can hope to achieve network effect and wait for a life time without seeing it happened or we can plan for it to take place through the unity of force resulting from strategic partnerships giving the new alliance unmatched strength and agility. While this is speculative on my part at such an early stage of discussion, I trust that there many favorable factors that could lead to that.

When Willy and I met two days ago via a Skype call, we both assumed that we were strangers to each other. We were pleasantly surprised that we had a great business relationship some 23 years ago. He was one of Dauphin's best European customers when I was the CEO. Willy described a great service support incident in such details like it took place a week ago. In short, our service department took great care of him. Once his Dauphin computer came in by DHL we immediately fixed it, had someone drove to the airport to make the next flight and he got it back the next day. His important customer was quite surprised. That is a great start for a renewed relationship. I am excited and looking forward to the possibility of staging a quantum leap together. This will not happen overnight but could be within striking distance.

Guys,

I hope you all are doing well!!! Also, tell Smokey hello for me, Smokey!!!!!! :-) and Joe, Hey Joe!!!!! and send my best to Alan. Ok, I was over reading the in the forum at CryptoMoms and KristinaHD had asked if there was any word in regards to PayServices and it appeared to be submitted a month ago and from the best of my knowledge it did not look as though the question had been answered. I copied my answer that I submitted for posting to KristinaHD in the DNotes Section under PayServices. Here is what I submitted below;

@KristinaHD,

I was just reading about CryptoMoms and I came across your question. Lionel Danenberg (CEO/Owner of PayServices & Son of Willy Danenberg) said this when I asked him if I could go to the DNotes forum and give everyone an update;

"Tell them that we have 52 coins running on our system (Including DNotes) and that we are able to handle transactions in those 52 coins and that the site is already live and that in the following days we will be launching a beta of our exchange platform, not yet the cards (Butterfly Effect Citizen Account Activation Cards | ATM Cards) That will take another few days but we're very close as now the coins are running and the system is capable of handling transactions."

https://i.imgur.com/61riviA.png

https://i.imgur.com/Fra8Sqr.png

We have since had to go through every coin testing them because each coin has a different transaction fee which we are in the process of doing now. I have been involved since March at some point or another. Its been a very long project but rewarding at the same time by sheer accomplishment. Lionel wants to represent 400 CryptoCurrencies of value soon which all will be instantly convertible into each other or 130 Fiat Currencies and 19 Complimentary Currencies (Like frequent flyer miles) accessible through computer or 4 different smartphone application downloads in 23 different languages. Should soon be considered the largest Multi-Value CryptoCurrency Exchange in the World. I would say we are a lot closer than we were last time I addressed the DNotes forum.

https://i.imgur.com/L1G2mqT.png

BTW- There is an amateur short film documentary that has been made. It features a short intro to Bitcoin, a short intro to EmerCoin (With short interview of the EMC Developer) and a short into PayServices.com (with a short interview with Willy Danenberg of PayServices Inc.) and a short intro to DNotes (with a short but very nice interview with Alan Yong) which has been entered into the Bitfilm Festival and as far as I know it was accepted. The Bitfilm Festival starts on 10/31/2015 in Berlin, Germany and then goes on a World Tour with the final viewing in Buenos Aires on Dec 19th where the voting (People Vote with BitCoin) is talked and a winner will be announced in each of the 2 categories A. Short Film/Documentary (up to 10 Minutes) B. Regular Film (60 Minutes or more)  This looks like it could be some exposure for PayServices and DNotes regardless of its amateur status.

Film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xsh1wlbRQWQ

~NorCal

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 12:49:42 PM

Good Morning, NorCal. Very good to see you here. Stop in often. We appreciate very much that you have been working very hard to include us. It is very much appreciated.

PayServices is a massive and very exciting project. We are happy to be included and will remained helpful in any ways we can.

Thanks for the Youtube video and all that work you put in. I am impressed that you even found some news clippings of the DTRs (mini tablet computer, 1993) Intel 486 MS Windows, 80 Meg HD - handwriting (pen) and voice recognition, 2.5 lbs. (DTR1 manufactured by IBM) Also support wireless CDPD, GPS and others.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 02:35:39 PM

Guys,

I hope you all are doing well!!! Also, tell Smokey hello for me, Smokey!!!!!! :-) and Joe, Hey Joe!!!!! and send my best to Alan. Ok, I was over reading the in the forum at CryptoMoms and KristinaHD had asked if there was any word in regards to PayServices and it appeared to be submitted a month ago and from the best of my knowledge it did not look as though the question had been answered. I copied my answer that I submitted for posting to KristinaHD in the DNotes Section under PayServices. Here is what I submitted below;

@KristinaHD,

I was just reading about CryptoMoms and I came across your question. Lionel Danenberg (CEO/Owner of PayServices & Son of Willy Danenberg) said this when I asked him if I could go to the DNotes forum and give everyone an update;

"Tell them that we have 52 coins running on our system (Including DNotes) and that we are able to handle transactions in those 52 coins and that the site is already live and that in the following days we will be launching a beta of our exchange platform, not yet the cards (Butterfly Effect Citizen Account Activation Cards | ATM Cards) That will take another few days but we're very close as now the coins are running and the system is capable of handling transactions."

We have since had to go through every coin testing them because each coin has a different transaction fee which we are in the process of doing now. I have been involved since March at some point or another. Its been a very long project but rewarding at the same time by sheer accomplishment. Lionel wants to represent 400 CryptoCurrencies of value soon which all will be instantly convertible into each other or 130 Fiat Currencies and 19 Complimentary Currencies (Like frequent flyer miles) accessible through computer or 4 different smartphone application downloads in 23 different languages. Should soon be considered the largest Multi-Value CryptoCurrency Exchange in the World. I would say we are a lot closer than we were last time I addressed the DNotes forum.

BTW- There is an amateur short film documentary that has been made. It features a short intro to Bitcoin, a short intro to EmerCoin (With short interview of the EMC Developer) and a short into PayServices.com (with a short interview with Willy Danenberg of PayServices Inc.) and a short intro to DNotes (with a short but very nice interview with Alan Yong) which has been entered into the Bitfilm Festival and as far as I know it was accepted. The Bitfilm Festival starts on 10/31/2015 in Berlin, Germany and then goes on a World Tour with the final viewing in Buenos Aires on Dec 19th where the voting (People Vote with BitCoin) is talked and a winner will be announced in each of the 2 categories A. Short Film/Documentary (up to 10 Minutes) B. Regular Film (60 Minutes or more)  This looks like it could be some exposure for PayServices and DNotes regardless of its amateur status.

~NorCal

Hey NorCal, thanks for the update. We appreciate the inclusion and recognize you spent a lot of time and effort on that video. DNotes will get a good amount of exposure as a result. The clips with Alan look great too!

PayServices could be a huge gateway for our industry to go mainstream, very exciting.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 04:08:57 PM

Today's weekly Blockchain recap:

For Uphold’s Watson, It’s Elementary: Banks Taking Cynical Approach to Blockchain.
Selachii Turns to Blockchain For Smart Contracts.
Holberton School First to Use Blockchain for Issuing Academic Certificates.
And the Meffy Award Goes to…
New Blockchain Alliance May Ease Law Enforcement Concerns Over Blockchain, Digital Currency.
Nasdaq Acquires SecondMarket, Bolsters Blockchain Efforts.

http://dcebrief.com/blockchain-weekly-recap-10-24-2015/

Bergman

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 04:19:14 PM

'Meanwhile, I am left to wonder why the Wall Street Journal's website would be considered a "suspicious link." '

Wa ha ha -- I personally consider all mainstream journalism to be 'suspicious'!

Ha ha. Couldn't have said it better.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 04:20:58 PM

I hold my Dnotes Smiley

Welcome butragenjo! That's great, steady growth is our model, there may be some dips and blips along the way, but that won't deter us from the ultimate goal.

matatyau-cohen

Activity: 72

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 04:22:52 PM

Texts are clear and informative. yet, it should be shortend further -as for my view. The headlines are too long and complicated. For example I would put such as headline for the Polish item: Poland seeks instructions. In genaral, this is a very good section - which I'm sure is causing pleasure to many readers

All, here is the second weekly digital currency recap. Please send your comments and feedback.

Digital Currency Weekly Recap 10-18-2015

http://dcebrief.com/digital-currency-weekly-recap-10-18-2015/
grandmama

Activity: 82

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 04:44:47 PM

25,000 DNotes DCEBrief Social Contest.

10 DNotes for each social action up to 10,000 DNotes total payout.

Each social action also counts as an entry toward the following prizes:
  • 1 5,000 DNotes randomly selected winner.
  • 5 1,000 DNotes prizes for the top 5 sharers.
  • 5 1,000 DNotes randomly selected winners.

Rules:
- Email contest@dcebrief.com with your entries including a link to your social profiles and DNotes address by 11/20/2015.
- You may send all of your entries in one email or send an email as you each time you share an article.
- You may only share each article once per social media account.
- Creating additional social media accounts to gain more entries into the contest is strictly prohibited.
- Posting entries here in the forum will disqualify your entries from the contest, and is against the rules of this forum, please be sure to email your entries to contest@dcebrief.com.

Note: You may share any number of our articles, each share counts for the DNotes award and the prizes.

Lots more submissions this week. For those waiting for the next payment, I will get them sent out tomorrow.

Sounds like the sharing is catching on, which is a good thing to get the word out there. Great job to all.
norcalanon707

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 05:12:30 PM

Guys,

@KristinaHD,

https://i.imgur.com/61riviA.png

https://i.imgur.com/Fra8Sqr.png

https://i.imgur.com/L1G2mqT.png

~NorCal

Hey NorCal, thanks for the update. We appreciate the inclusion and recognize you spent a lot of time and effort on that video. DNotes will get a good amount of exposure as a result. The clips with Alan look great too!

PayServices could be a huge gateway for our industry to go mainstream, very exciting.

PayServices and the Danenberg's look at DNotes and Alan Yong as their close friends and strategic partners. Once everything is ready I truly believe that we will see a global response that is favorable to us all. I have recommended that an [ANN]Thread be built here on BitcoinTalk.org for PayServices. When that takes place here soon hopefully, I hope you all can stop in and say hello especially anyone with questions.

As far as the film I agree, the clips of Alan Yong at the end absolutely Rock!!!

Thanks Guys!!!

~NorCal
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 10:00:46 PM

Rules:
- Email contest@dcebrief.com with your entries including a link to your social profiles and DNotes address by 11/20/2015.
- You may send all of your entries in one email or send an email as you each time you share an article.
- Creating additional social media accounts to gain more entries into the contest is strictly prohibited.
- Posting entries here in the forum will disqualify your entries from the contest, and is against the rules of this forum, please be sure to email your entries to contest@dcebrief.com.

Note: You may share any number of our articles, each share counts for the DNotes award and the prizes.

Lots more submissions this week. For those waiting for the next payment, I will get them sent out tomorrow.

Sounds like the sharing is catching on, which is a good thing to get the word out there. Great job to all.

Sure is, we now have a total of 440 entries.

All entries have been paid up to this point. We will do the next payout next weekend.

Thank you to everyone who has participated!

KC

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 11:57:42 PM

Rules:

All entries have been paid up to this point. We will do the next payout next weekend.

I printed off articles and posted them on every telephone pole within ten miles of my home - by my count, that's hundreds of entries. Should I send you photographic evidence and GPS coordinates for each posting... or is that not how this works?
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 12:44:20 AM

Rules:

I printed off articles and posted them on every telephone pole within ten miles of my home - by my count, that's hundreds of entries. Should I send you photographic evidence and GPS coordinates for each posting... or is that not how this works?

Not quite, lol. Though I would be thoroughly impressed.

KC

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 12:54:04 AM

Rules:

Not quite, lol. Though I would be thoroughly impressed.

That's the trouble with using English ... so many different word meanings. I suppose all the articles I mailed to people don't count either, huh?

The Post Office really needs to change its name so that people stop confusing it with social media activity then. There goes $300 in stamps I'll never get back...
kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 01:03:18 AM

I just read through the bitcoin recap from yesterday. The article on premature bitcoin regulation had some intriguing points.

1. The current interest in regulating Bitcoin far outweighs its current impact on the market. Noting that the total amount of Bitcoins in existence has a value less than $4 billion at present, and that the coin has relatively little market penetration, Deloitte argues that the amount of value presently at risk is not significant enough to warrant this level of regulatory interest.

2. This technology has received strong regulatory attention far earlier than other transformative technologies. Citing technologies such as the telephone, airplanes, radio, the mobile phone, and the internet, Deloitte reminds readers that each had at least two decades of unregulated development before government took an interest. By contrast, Bitcoin has been developing for little more than half a decade.

3. The true transformative power of Bitcoin has not even been realized yet. It is thus premature to institute regulatory schemes that could prevent the truly innovative transformations that are sure to come.

While I agree with all of these points, it seems like good regulation would help foster the technology more than no regulation. What do you guys think? No regulation vs good regulation?
KC

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 01:12:45 AM

I just read through the bitcoin recap from yesterday. The article on premature bitcoin regulation had some intriguing points.

1. The current interest in regulating Bitcoin far outweighs its current impact on the market. Noting that the total amount of Bitcoins in existence has a value less than $4 billion at present, and that the coin has relatively little market penetration, Deloitte argues that the amount of value presently at risk is not significant enough to warrant this level of regulatory interest.

2. This technology has received strong regulatory attention far earlier than other transformative technologies. Citing technologies such as the telephone, airplanes, radio, the mobile phone, and the internet, Deloitte reminds readers that each had at least two decades of unregulated development before government took an interest. By contrast, Bitcoin has been developing for little more than half a decade.

3. The true transformative power of Bitcoin has not even been realized yet. It is thus premature to institute regulatory schemes that could prevent the truly innovative transformations that are sure to come.

While I agree with all of these points, it seems like good regulation would help foster the technology more than no regulation. What do you guys think? No regulation vs good regulation?

I tend to agree with you. While there are some areas of economic activity that I think could definitely benefit from little to no regulation, this seems to be one area that could benefit from at least a light touch of the regulatory hand. I included Deloitte's arguments because they are an important perspective, and one that I would hope regulators would consider before implementing the type of draconian regulatory regime some would no doubt like to see in place.

Good regulation that is well-balanced could help to inspire more confidence in the industry, while also helping with any perception problems that currently exist. There is a happy middle ground there that can allay any fears that crypto will facilitate crime in ways that dollar bills and euros cannot (silly fears, we know, but ones that exist nonetheless), and at the same time provide the industry with the type of peace of mind it needs to continue to innovate and grow.

So, yeah - I'm with you on that 100%.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 01:56:07 PM

I tend to agree with you. While there are some areas of economic activity that I think could definitely benefit from little to no regulation, this seems to be one area that could benefit from at least a light touch of the regulatory hand. I included Deloitte's arguments because they are an important perspective, and one that I would hope regulators would consider before implementing the type of draconian regulatory regime some would no doubt like to see in place.

Good regulation that is well-balanced could help to inspire more confidence in the industry, while also helping with any perception problems that currently exist. There is a happy middle ground there that can allay any fears that crypto will facilitate crime in ways that dollar bills and euros cannot (silly fears, we know, but ones that exist nonetheless), and at the same time provide the industry with the type of peace of mind it needs to continue to innovate and grow.

So, yeah - I'm with you on that 100%.

I am interested in regulation that is intended to help protect consumers. The convoluted 30+ page BitLicense and $5,000 fee, for a single state is ludicrous. Just ask Google:

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 02:04:23 PM

Quote from: indiamikezulu on Today at 04:21:48 AM

This text is up on a closed site, but I'm also keen to have it up in this quiet corner.

The Elephant in The (Crypto) Room

Our resident naysayer has again ridiculed P2P. Let’s clarify the issue:

One: are automated exchanges – like Cryptsy – ‘free open public markets’? Not at all. They are whales, trading against their customers.

Two: can price discovery happen in a less-automated-exchange-centric model?

Well, it happened in a non-a-e-c model from the Neanderthal era until just a coupla hundred years ago.

Three: is a tight focus on trading -- automated-exchange trading -- detrimental to the development of a crypto?

Initially, no; but this point, it’s an existential threat. It signals clearly to outsiders that the crypto has a rape-n-run culture.

Four: can you elaborate?

Yup. Let’s consider an hypothetical crypto – ‘G-Coin.’

Is the G-Coin community oriented to making all potential users welcome?

Not at all! Theirs is an insular hyper-masculinist culture in which you can get away with saying things like [omitted]

Are they trying to increase trading-volume – and thereby somewhat decrease price volatility -- through committed merchant-network development?

Nuh.

Although the community professes hatred of the KYC/AML bastardry of the automated exchanges, are they developing P2P alternatives?

Nuh.

How broad is the community’s general participation in the crypto’s development?

Not broad at all. A few dedicated members do most of the work. The rest sit and wait for opportunities to turn a quick buck.

How cognizant are G-Coin folk about its relationship to cryptos that offer more, the so-called ‘2.0s’?

Completely oblivious! They’ve (publicly) bet the farm on Special Functions ‘X’ and ‘Y,’ which allow them to expect more return for less effort.

Conclusions?

One: the twilight phase has been entered when all hopes are pinned on (a) the present low price attracting new buyers, hopefully on (b) the new exchange.

Two: reputations are fragile: a couple more pump and dumps will leave G-Coin an illiquid low-cap 1.0 clearly unable to boot-strap itself back into the game.

Quote From Shepherd Today:

Mark, I am just dropping in to say hello but wished I had more time to response to this very interesting post.

In a simplistic way, this is quite typical of the early growth and development of a complex new industry. There will be lots of trials and errors leading to many adjustments; for better or for worse. Perhaps there are too many followers and not enough leaders. For sure, our industry will continue to evolve. At DNotes, we have a very clear mission in everything we do. We are committed to be the trusted digital currency for everyone worldwide to participate.

At this point, there is great confusion in our industry, with many even trying to re-brand themselves from "Bitcoin". Here is a long article that is giving us a glimpse of it:  

The great pivot? Or just this years froth?
Posted on October 16, 2015:

About a year ago I briefly explored the PR and branding challenges of Bitcoin, a topic that has been independently discussed by others:
http://www.ofnumbers.com/2015/10/16/the-great-pivot-or-just-this-years-froth/
Pages: « 1 ... 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 [381] 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: