Bitcoin Forum
October 02, 2024, 02:24:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 [430] 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814520 times)
Bergman

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 07:00:42 PM

We've decided on the site name and book title. "Calibrate Your Company; The Four Pillars of Business Success" and FourPillarsofBusinessSuccess.com (there is nothing there now). You can see the current cover concept here, you can ignore the graphics for the most part, this is the conceptual phase we will eventually hand off to a designer. So we would love to hear your comments on those.

Also, I'm getting ready to get started on the site itself so I can start messing around with the design, logo, and testing the various membership site platforms I've found. If you guys have any suggestions on anything at all, including how the site will look, what to include inside and outside of the member area, or logo please feel free to let me know. I will share as much as I can, but I'm sure it will be a week before I have anything to show.

Title sounds great. If I saw this book at the local Barnes and Noble, I would pick it up. I too like the gears concept.
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 07:01:25 PM

If anyone is interested in who's attacking who on the internet, go here:

http://www.digitalattackmap.com/

Pretty cool.... Refresh to update.

Very cool stuff.
tittiecoiner

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 08:33:00 PM

Cryptsy news:

Important System Notification

Trade engine and withdrawals paused while we investigate cause of lag. Your patience is appreciated. Thank you

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 08:59:34 PM

Cryptsy news:

Important System Notification

Trade engine and withdrawals paused while we investigate cause of lag. Your patience is appreciated. Thank you

Thanks for the update. I just noticed that too. It is also not reporting to CoinMarketCap.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 10:40:56 PM

Quote from: indiamikezulu on Today at 09:13:22 AM

Guvvy Coin will disbenefit ‘free’ cryptos in the short term; but benefit them in the mid- and long-terms.

Why? Because governments will be educating folks about crypto-currencies, but after a while those folks will begin to understand that Guvvy Coin is just The Same Old Problem in a new (electronic) form.

So they’ll start adopting free cryptos.

Quote From Dyna Today

Great observation, Mark. I will try to be a lot nicer to the whole concept of Guvvy Coin. I like the idea of using tax dollars to help promote something that could benefit our industry. I just hope they just don't mess it up, like they normally do.

Can I call it government issued centralized digital fiat currency? (To avoid confusion with decentralized global digital currency such as DNotes) There are great differences between the two. A DCEBrief article may be in order.

As you see fit! What delights me is that IndiaMikeZulu's orientation to theory is bearing fruit, that perspectives of ours are becoming useful.
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 10:47:54 PM

Coinmarketcap has dumped Cryptsy.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2016, 01:35:00 AM

Not reporting trade, hopefully it is just a temporary thing because of Cryptsy being down.

tittiecoiner

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 01:48:26 AM

Not reporting trade, hopefully it is just a temporary thing because of Cryptsy being down.

Trading is re-enabled, withdrawals still on hold while fixing the issue (according to support in chatbox)

IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 02:22:48 AM

'The withdrawal complaints have prompted popular altcoin pricing site CoinMarketCap to delist the exchange . . . '

http://www.coindesk.com/altcoin-exchange-cryptsy-takes-trade-engine-offline
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 02:50:31 AM

Is New York Working to Undo the Damage of BitLicense in 2016

Awesome!!

New York's BitLicense must be the go-to of what not to do when regulating cryptocurrency. Maybe its a good thing it happened so the world can see how much damage misguided regulations can do to an economy.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 02:58:55 AM

'The withdrawal complaints have prompted popular altcoin pricing site CoinMarketCap to delist the exchange . . . '

http://www.coindesk.com/altcoin-exchange-cryptsy-takes-trade-engine-offline

That is an awfully long time of misc problems of one kind or another and it sure doesn't do much for customer confidence.

We should donate a copy of Alan's book to them...  Grin

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 12:48:57 PM

Overall, an interesting article. The term "FinTech", and "Blockchain" will continue to dominate the news in our industry. Bitcoin will do well but could cryptocurrency be getting more attention for a change?

Value form

"With the rise of so many forms of cryptocurrency, from bitcoin to Gaelcoin, alongside other value tokens such as mobile minutes, we’re seeing the way in which people exchange value being redesigned by the internet, particularly as value tokens are now data rather than physical bank notes."

What does 2016 have in store for fintech?
Chris Skinner presents five key areas of potential change.

Yes, 2015 was the year the fintech bubble exploded. It hasn’t burst yet, but it’s clear that fintech is the word of 2015. Everyone is talking unicorns, startups, disruption, and fintech, yet this is nothing new. I often say that I’m only known in the fintech world because I’ve worked in technology in finance all my life, and someone finally decided to put the words together. Just like Brangelina, Kimye and Bennifer, fintech is of the moment.

I want to touch on what’s emerging in the fintech world. For me, there are five clear areas of change:

Value transfer
From TransferWise to Square to Stripe to Currency Cloud to Azimo to WorldRemit, all aspects of payments and currency movements are being revamped and rethought by the new fintech players.

Value form
With the rise of so many forms of cryptocurrency, from bitcoin to Gaelcoin, alongside other value tokens such as mobile minutes, we’re seeing the way in which people exchange value being redesigned by the internet, particularly as value tokens are now data rather than physical bank notes.

Value management
Our stores of value are also being redeveloped by robo-advisers such as Nutmeg, Betterment and WealthFront, as well as the way our accounts are presented to us from a mobile wallet to a fully fledged personal financial management system with visualization tools.

Credit risk
Everything related to connecting people who have money with people who need money is being targeted by new platforms and marketplaces that enable these two communities to connect at better rates and lower margin than through traditional credit market. This isn’t just for peer-to-peer lending, but for everything from crowdfunding trade finance to mortgages.

Trading
The fact that the internet enabled day traders to rise from their home offices has now extended to social trading and automated trading structures. Although most high-frequency traders are using proprietary low latency infrastructures, the ability to piggyback markets and trading oracles is giving rise to whole new forms of investment markets.

There are other nuances of these markets, and in 2015 everyone seemed to wake up to the fact that this is headline news. I guess it’s because we finally woke up to the idea that fintech is actually redesigning banking, insurance, wealth management and financial services generally to be marketplaces based on technology platforms instead of localized markets based on physical exchange. This doesn’t take place fast, so expect the interest in fintech to continue in 2016. The natural question then is, is this a bubble about to burst?

I answered this in March, saying that the ‘re-architecting’ of an entire system isn’t a bubble but rather an evolving ecosystem. However, the hype around fintech may get dented in 2016 as Square’s IPO disappoints (as will several more in the next year). According to M&A advisers Magister Advisors, this means that 2016 will see:

Don’t hold your breath for tech IPOs

IPOs come in waves, and all signs point to a quiet sea next year. Interest rate rises coupled with macro/political uncertainty will give an already unsteady IPO market serious vertigo.

Expect a unicorn (or two) to blow up

The tale of Fab.com showed just how quickly you can go from a $1bn valuation to a $15m fire sale. Magister Advisors is expecting that at least one tech unicorn will go to the glue factory in 2016.

leading to inevitable mass layoffs

Unicorns, with an aggregate valuation of $500bn, are overvalued by $200bn, according to Magister Advisors, which expects layoffs will be inevitable next year as valuations compress, leaving the ‘weakest 10-20%’ of workforces to look for their next job unexpectedly early. The biggest losers of a decelerating market will be the ‘unicorn aspirants’ aiming to raise $15-50m at $100-500m valuations.

Overheated mergers will cool off

M&A activity hit a record high in 2015, but will slow considerably for the tech sector in 2016 as valuations reset, Magister Advisors predicts.

Expectations take time to reset, and always lag reality. Many investors will not accept a new lower normal until at least 9-15 months have passed. Meanwhile, there will be an imbalance between seller price expectations and what buyers are prepared to pay, taming the M&A market while price expectations realign.

Expect M&A activity to return with a vengeance by 2017-2018 though, once expectations are more in line with reality.

Blockchain will dominate the fintech sector

2015 saw large financial institutions accelerate their pursuit of blockchain initiatives, and we’ll enter 2016 in a ‘race to production’, with vendors and financial institutions alike vying to see who can be first to reap the benefits in actual deployment.

Source:
http://banknxt.com/55122/fintech-change-2016/
Written by Chris Skinner
HORT

Activity: 508
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 02:16:27 PM

Another must read article. Excellent job, Evander!

We are still at the early stage of the greatest technology revolution since the internet. The potential is just too massive for any nation or state to miss out. The smart ones will adjust and put up the welcome sign once they realized what they could be missing.

Those who adopted only the Blockchain may only get three quarters of the pie. We like to have the whole pie. The 1/4 the bankers is throwing out, from my prospective, is the best part of it. Go figure. But if we learned anything from the New York Bitlicense blunder, people do recognize their mistakes, sometimes, and make adjustments to compensate for it later.

Excellent article. My favorite quote, "Ben Lawsky......Some have compared him to a child who comes over to your house, beats your dog, breaks the coffee table, and leaves."
Good day everyone!
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2016, 02:54:42 PM

http://dcebrief.com/the-most-popular-cryptocurrency-news-of-2015-on-social-media/

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2016, 03:01:14 PM

This is the first of a 3 part series, http://dcebrief.com/the-most-popular-cryptocurrency-news-of-2015-on-social-media/, the most popular social media articles of 2015 for cryptocurrency, bitcoin, and blockchain. I wanted to do something fairly unique and interesting for our 2015 review articles, aside from Evander's yearly recap on bitcoin and our 2015 DNotes recap is coming as well.

kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 06:19:53 PM

We've decided on the site name and book title. "Calibrate Your Company; The Four Pillars of Business Success" and FourPillarsofBusinessSuccess.com (there is nothing there now). You can see the current cover concept here, you can ignore the graphics for the most part, this is the conceptual phase we will eventually hand off to a designer. So we would love to hear your comments on those.

Also, I'm getting ready to get started on the site itself so I can start messing around with the design, logo, and testing the various membership site platforms I've found. If you guys have any suggestions on anything at all, including how the site will look, what to include inside and outside of the member area, or logo please feel free to let me know. I will share as much as I can, but I'm sure it will be a week before I have anything to show.

Title sounds great. If I saw this book at the local Barnes and Noble, I would pick it up. I too like the gears concept.

+1 Great title. I think it will be a hit.
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 07:11:49 PM

This is the first of a 3 part series, http://dcebrief.com/the-most-popular-cryptocurrency-news-of-2015-on-social-media/, the most popular social media articles of 2015 for cryptocurrency, bitcoin, and blockchain. I wanted to do something fairly unique and interesting for our 2015 review articles, aside from Evander's yearly recap on bitcoin and our 2015 DNotes recap is coming as well.

Great idea!  It has a different angle than all the other 2015 recaps done so far and the image with this story is perfect (very eye-catching!).  Smiley

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2016, 07:24:17 PM

Great idea!  It has a different angle than all the other 2015 recaps done so far and the image with this story is perfect (very eye-catching!).  Smiley

Glad you like it. Let's hope it draws in some new people to DCEBrief. Smiley

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 09:38:53 PM

Quote From Ashley on Today at 12:06:48 AM »

Thought Bitcoin Was Dead? 2016 Is the Year It Goes Big - http://www.wired.com/2016/01/thought-bitcoin-was-dead-2016-is-the-year-it-goes-big

Adam White at Coinbase said bitcoin is going to come full circle.

Quote from: indiamikezulu on Today at 02:40:24 AM

Morning, Ashley! (Magnificent summer day here)

Tee hee -- https://99bitcoins.com/bitcoinobituaries

No, seriously, 2016 is gonna be The Year, and I ruckon the best indicator is the non-spike-ness of Bitcoin's recent rise in price: a dollar a day suits us best.

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia

Quote From Chase Today:

If you are lucky and escape a close call, you are a 'cat with 9 lives'.  If you are REALLY lucky and escape dozens of close calls (ficticious as they are  Wink), you are 'bitcoin with 99 lives'.   Grin Grin

Quotes From Shepherd Today:

That's a good one with a clever twist. Many true entrepreneurs will proudly tell you that their  business endeavors have lived through the "cat with 9 lives". Overnight success is an illusive dream. Bitcoin and digital currency will continue to survive the test of time. Those who are totally passionate  about it will get to reap the long term benefits. We are still at the early stages of a historically revolutionary technology.
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 02:33:54 AM

The slideshow that follows this article is really good and worth checking out.

Here's why banks are obsessed with a technology that's 'becoming the new internet'

2015 was the year of the blockchain for banks.

Financial institutions became obsessed with figuring out how to use the blockchain — the software that underpins bitcoin — for everything from "smart" contracts to issuing shares to clearing payments.

Blockchain is a name for the software underpinning bitcoin that uses complex cryptography and distributed ledgers — copies of records in multiple places — to regulate, record, and enable transactions using bitcoin. In effect, it lets users — the "crowd"" — police the monetary system without any central bank or regulator.

Over 40 top investment banks have joined an industry-wide consortium looking at how the technology can be adapted to traditional finance and Goldman Sachs has declared that the technology could change "well, everything."

William Mougayar, a partner at new Toronto-based venture capital firm Virtual Capital Ventures, says the technology has the potential to be the "new internet" for financial services, heralding a huge wave of innovation and re-invention. (He's not the only one who's compared blockchain to the internet.)

Mougayar has authored an extensive slideshow on what exactly the impact of blockchain and blockchain companies could be on financial services, complete with advice for banks on how to tackle the tech. He offered to share it with BI — check it out below.

Blockchain 2015: Strategic Analysis in Financial Services

"At the end of 1999, only 20% of US National banks were offering internet banking, even though it represented 90% of the banking system".

"Retrofitting the blockchain will be challenging and may not yield significant results".

(On Cryptocurrency Exchanges) "Will a bank purchase an exchange? Or will banks offer a similar service?"

"Will the Bloomberg of crypto emerge?

"Implementing the blockchain is 80% business / 20% technology (not the other way around)."

"Get your own hands dirty, don't outsource the learning."

Full slideshow: http://www.businessinsider.com/virtual-capital-ventures-slideshow-on-the-impact-of-blockchain-on-financial-services-2016-1

Pages: « 1 ... 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 [430] 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: