Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:40:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a Digital Gold??  (Read 6266 times)
chuyengia2244

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 08:20:12 AM

Bitcoin hardly has the same role as gold in the eyes of investors. Maybe the world does not need a new version of gold.
It doesn't have the same characteristics as gold, so investors won't associate bitcoin with gold. Bitcoin will be defined by the new concept and don't need to compare it with other things.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauragreen85

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 08:40:43 AM

I really like the idea of Bitcoin being like Gold version 2 but I think we are a few years away from that at the moment.
EoNs_COIN

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 08:55:52 AM

imo yes so accumulate as much as you can
Benjamin353White

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 09:14:13 AM

It's the gold of the world or the new world. Bitcoin is gaining a lot of attention in many areas and starts to see it as a strategy to prepare for the momentum of the cryptocurrency market.
baddertin9716

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 09:22:53 AM

I do not think Bitcoin is digital gold, I think Bitcoin investors are attracted by its rapid rise, rather than considering it as a hedging tool like gold.
kasurnya

Activity: 152

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 09:29:44 AM

After reading a lot of posts made by people on this forum, I realized about 75% of them see Bitcoin as a digital Gold. For me, I don't think Bitcoin is a digital gold. Cryptocurrency or Bitcoin to be precise, was developed to be a safer option for transaction of goods and services and also the best mode of payment. Bitcoin was introduced to disable all the restrictions that banks and the financial system presented. A lot of people have lost huge sums of money because they saw bitcoin as a digital gold. I know others will argue that bitcoin has also made people rich but for me, I don't think it is advisable to consider Bitcoin as a digital gold. Bitcoin is a digital currency.
I really agree, bitcoin is digital gold, just like gold but this is digital form.
and don't ever see bitcoin as a currency.
DavidGBoydq232

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 09:49:44 AM

Think of Bitcoin as a digital gold, a "hoarding of value" that, like the precious metal itself, does not necessarily have many practical uses that are of great value.
renggileh

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 09:55:57 AM

I've read quotes like this, if you want to benefit from it.
don't look at bitcoin as digital money but look at bitcoin as digital gold and an investment that is for you.
kuncimobil

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 10:00:40 AM

in my opinion, bitcoin is not digital gold because gold and bitcoin have differences, and the risks are also different, bitcoin is a digital currency because it uses online to be able to use it
rabinot

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 10:12:34 AM

I believe that bitcoin is now being used just like digital gold and not digital currency

⚫▶ BUILDERIUM.io Token Sale Starts ▶ July 23 th, 2018
Kris34

Activity: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 10:26:17 AM

Digital gold can be called in different ways.  Bitcoin can be called digital gold, but it is not yet a full currency.
Dolarin

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 10:39:56 AM

Bitcoin is more of an asset than a currency. This is a great way to keep your money but not to pay them in the store, alas.
BlackRacerX

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 10:45:40 AM

After reading a lot of posts made by people on this forum, I realized about 75% of them see Bitcoin as a digital Gold. For me, I don't think Bitcoin is a digital gold. Cryptocurrency or Bitcoin to be precise, was developed to be a safer option for transaction of goods and services and also the best mode of payment. Bitcoin was introduced to disable all the restrictions that banks and the financial system presented. A lot of people have lost huge sums of money because they saw bitcoin as a digital gold. I know others will argue that bitcoin has also made people rich but for me, I don't think it is advisable to consider Bitcoin as a digital gold. Bitcoin is a digital currency.

If you ask me, I don't think bitcoins are digital gold. It's pretty far from gold even. Gold investments are heavily regulated and it is always in the favor of the investor. Bitcoins, on the other hand, isn't the best investment for everyone. Not everyone is ready to embrace bitcoins as gold.

muneeb.zain

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 10:47:28 AM

You might call it a digital gold to some extent because just like the gold it's price also fluctuate around the globe only with the amount of it's trade Gold is to be the use as the standard because the currencies are volatile and have value problem.
transformt

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 10:52:20 AM

Of course it is. Similarly, bitcoin is also a digital currency

⌜nvest.ai⌟ EMPOWER YOUR INVESTING WITH AI 
Data & analytics for crypto traders and investors. Ready for nvest?
http://nvest.ai/
Rupcrypto

Activity: 178

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 11:20:42 AM

Yeah of course i think bitcoin is a digital Gold because it has great potential to grow easily it not less than gold but it is very much potential and it gives better opportunity to get good profit earnings in Crypto world.
BlackHills41

Activity: 68

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 11:29:53 AM

Yes, we can compare bitcoin with gold or we can consider bitcoin digital gold because both of them are very precious and also bitcoins value is unstable like gold.
bitterdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 503

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 11:43:25 AM

Yes, im totally agree with your opinion, because to be honest i think we can't equated bitcoin with gold, or saying that bitcoin is a digital gold. Gold and bitcoin is completely different. So, i think it will be better if we stay to make them different.

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
███████████████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████
Saisher

Activity: 2296
Merit: 175

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 11:47:29 AM

People consider Bitcoin as a store of value, that is the reason that they continue to hold it in the hope that the price will triple from the price they've bought, each one of us have different views on our Bitcoin, but as long as we believe in it and believe in the technology behind it, I don't see any conflict among us

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
MrVania

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 11:54:33 AM

The definition of BTC can vary but I would say that BTC is actually a digital gold and as much as some people disagree, I don’t think so, I think it is digital gold.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: