Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:51:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a Digital Gold??  (Read 6268 times)
LigwagGanern

Activity: 307
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 03:40:01 PM

After reading a lot of posts made by people on this forum, I realized about 75% of them see Bitcoin as a digital Gold. For me, I don't think Bitcoin is a digital gold. Cryptocurrency or Bitcoin to be precise, was developed to be a safer option for transaction of goods and services and also the best mode of payment. Bitcoin was introduced to disable all the restrictions that banks and the financial system presented. A lot of people have lost huge sums of money because they saw bitcoin as a digital gold. I know others will argue that bitcoin has also made people rich but for me, I don't think it is advisable to consider Bitcoin as a digital gold. Bitcoin is a digital currency.

I cannot say that bitcoin is a digital gold because gold is one of the hardest stone and one of the expensive stone in earth. And bitcoin is not like that, bitcoin is a digital money or currency that can use in online. Gold, fiat currency and crypto currency have their own kind of characteristics and value on earth.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Satunaimrotes

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 09:09:33 AM

I believe that it is considered as digital gold. You could say that, a digital asset that has valuable value on its fluctuations. can also be used as a medium of exchange to make transactions.
stiffbud

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 11:08:00 AM

I think bitcoin could be a digital gold. Although i know the perspective you are coming from but also remember that real gold is not digital but bitcoin is, so within the "Cryptotic" world bitcoin could be digital gold.
Yes i also agree with that. Bitcoin is a digital gold. Although it has not physical appearance like gold but its value is comparable with gold. Gold is a limited source in the earth and every time we mine it quantity decrease from earth like that Bitcoin is also limited, it is only 21 millions and when bitcoin miner's mine it its quantity also decrease. Like gold its price also increases with every increase single year. And like gold it is also use for investment purposes but it's market price is highly volatile then that of gold.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 11:11:47 AM

After reading a lot of posts made by people on this forum, I realized about 75% of them see Bitcoin as a digital Gold. For me, I don't think Bitcoin is a digital gold. Cryptocurrency or Bitcoin to be precise, was developed to be a safer option for transaction of goods and services and also the best mode of payment. Bitcoin was introduced to disable all the restrictions that banks and the financial system presented. A lot of people have lost huge sums of money because they saw bitcoin as a digital gold. I know others will argue that bitcoin has also made people rich but for me, I don't think it is advisable to consider Bitcoin as a digital gold. Bitcoin is a digital currency.
It's exactly right that Bitcoin is a digital currency and not as a digital gold. Many people think like that because currently Bitcoin has a fantastic price value. So that's why many people now consider Bitcoin as an asset like gold. Back again, the most appropriate thing is that Bitcoin is a digital currency !!
rickyNmorty

Activity: 451
Merit: 15

Investor

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 11:12:31 AM

I think bitcoin could be a digital gold. Although i know the perspective you are coming from but also remember that real gold is not digital but bitcoin is, so within the "Cryptotic" world bitcoin could be digital gold.

Ues it will be. It is about the demand and the supply that affects it probably. The value will rise if there is a huge demand and only small supply. In other words if it is the case the value of bitcoin will continue to rise just like the gold because for sure more and more people are into bitcoin and that is why it will have a huge amount or value. And also it is a good place in where to invest.
yitzjoe

Activity: 390
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 11:21:15 AM

digital gold in my opinion there is a truth because to get it is needed mining and they have good economic value. if bitcoin as a payment instrument has not happened, especially in our country because there is still a ban from the government that balances its value which is volatile and loaded with the value of certain parties
Lauriel lyh

Activity: 67

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 02:28:00 PM

If one chooses to see the bitcoin as the digital gold then that's the person's perception and the word is believe what you want to believe. But the Bitcoin is more than digital gold. It is a revolution that is bringing down the walls of conventional financial institutions and ushering in a new way for everyday transactions
Antu3032

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 05:47:55 PM

I believe that it is considered as digital gold. If we are going to put basis on its value we can say that it is considerable as gold. All because bitcoin, like gold, has the same features: limitation, anonymity, growth in value. What makes gold and crypto currency even more similar is that bitcoins, like gold, can be mined.
EEEian

Activity: 246
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 05:49:49 PM

Bitcoin also became valuable because of its usage. If it was easy to duplicate, easy to confiscate, and hard to store and transfer, then it would not be worth much. Its scarcity and utility is at least partially responsible for its valuation with the rest being hype, hopes and dreams, and speculative trading.
Roboabhishek

Activity: 882
Merit: 528

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 06:01:35 PM

Yes certainly this statement is 100% correct as bitcoin is digital gold because its all properties as we can say are legitimately same as that of gold . Its value in market changes certainly with time to time . It can reach staggering heights on one day but can come down on the another . Also both can be a part of monetary transactions around the world.
megalith07

Activity: 252
Merit: 15

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 06:23:40 PM

Gold is presently little word for BTC world in light of the fact that on the off chance that we do think about the cost of gold and still, after all that it is a long ways behind and can to draw close to by the bitcoin. Indeed we can state that BTC is sapphire and gold will be gold. BTC have not presence in the physical world, still BTC have ace cost in the entire world.
mekie

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 09:48:54 PM

Totally agree. One of the best observations on the forum, It's the hype that Bitcoin is some form of digital gold that has driven the frenzy at the end of last year with bitcoin reaching silly prices and now it has dropped to a more sensible price the people who didn't understand its use and purpose  have been left with huge losses. I do however think that Ethereum will overtake Bitcoin as the gold standard (pun intended) due to it's scalability and usefulness.   

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●      DAFZO.io      ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CONTRIBUTE in PRIVATE SALE OFFERING 50% BONUS
Peashooter

Activity: 868
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 03:13:42 AM

Perhaps we can see cryptocurrency as an asset rather than replacement for gold. Bitcoin is made to have a fast and safer transaction as mode of payment and exchange. Its hard to consider that a cryptocurrency as a gold, maybe an asset that will grown or the value will be become more grown in some other time.
S.Alam

Activity: 29

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 03:28:52 AM

Bitcoin is one of the digital currency in the digital currency. so i can say Bitcoin is a digital gold.
Now the crypto currency that is going out of popularity, i think those who used to wear gold for future, they will start saving the crypto currency.
Brightcrypto

Activity: 105

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 04:51:11 AM

Bitcoin has been online digital asset which are acceptable across the country and many has been using it for a daily use with a high demand in the world. Therefore bitcoin is a digital gold.
GabrielBrandon

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 05:02:42 AM

I appreciate your thought and you are right because there are a huge difference between gold and currency and bitcoin is digital currency not digital gold.
Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 05:09:45 AM

We have the same belief about whats the true function of bitcoin,yes i know most of us treat this cryptocurrency as a asset,a digital gold thats why were holding thisnd so afraid to use as what this must be but let us not forget that this is a currency,we should treat this as payment materials and not for holding,why not givr the favor back to bitcoin when this saves us from the greediness of the banks and give us freedom for our money literacy
LindaFallar

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 05:21:42 AM

For me, Bitcoin is a digital gold. This is a kind of gold coin where we will use technological base just to do transactions. This is just base on my opinion. How about yours?
ninokh

Activity: 178
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 05:22:43 AM

most people consider bitcoin to be digital gold because both have a lot in common. like both are obtained from mining. then both also have a limited amount. and most people agree that both are valuable objects that can be exchanged for money. and both can also be used as investment tools. I think for that reason people say bitcoin is digital gold.

───────          PAND Deflationary Token (One People – One Token)          ───────
───────          Community Owne (https://pand.finance/)
Exclusives

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 05:52:53 AM

Yes, Bitcoin is a digital currency, but I think Bitcoin is more valuable than gold, because Bitcoin is multi-functional and has an easy way to save it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: