Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:48:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a Digital Gold??  (Read 6268 times)
saumang2m
Copper Member

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 08:56:06 AM

I agree with you. We can also call Bitcoin Digital Gold. Because the way people are saving their future by investing in gold in today's time. In the same way many people are investing in Bitcoin to secure their future. There is a similar reason. We also call Bitcoin Digital Gold.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
✦ ────────  Facebook ♦️ Twitter ♦️  Telegram ♦️  Blog ♦️  Bitcointalk   ──────── ✦

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GoldenBell

Activity: 32

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 10:16:50 AM

Bitcoin is called Digital Gold , as we can store the bitcoin and sell it when the price go up and the same with gold.
Deborah Christine

Activity: 862
Merit: 284

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 12:32:01 PM

bitcoin is a digital currency not digital gold. I think that's a different thing. Bitcoin has value as a payment system. The more people use Bitcoin for payment, the more valuable this payment system is while gold is not.
Dontme

Activity: 798
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 12:35:45 PM

After reading a lot of posts made by people on this forum, I realized about 75% of them see Bitcoin as a digital Gold. For me, I don't think Bitcoin is a digital gold. Cryptocurrency or Bitcoin to be precise, was developed to be a safer option for transaction of goods and services and also the best mode of payment. Bitcoin was introduced to disable all the restrictions that banks and the financial system presented. A lot of people have lost huge sums of money because they saw bitcoin as a digital gold. I know others will argue that bitcoin has also made people rich but for me, I don't think it is advisable to consider Bitcoin as a digital gold. Bitcoin is a digital currency.
Well, we have our own kind of opinion when it comes in looking bitcoin. For me, I see this as Digital Gold since I do believe that soon our world enters the so called "Cashless Society". We have our own beliefs, I believe that bitcoin will gonna replace dollar and this is worth to have.
Bitcoin_Delivery

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 12:40:51 PM

bitcoin is a digital currency not digital gold. I think that's a different thing. Bitcoin has value as a payment system. The more people use Bitcoin for payment, the more valuable this payment system is while gold is not.
wrong interpretation when we say that bitcoin is digital gold but now bitcoin can be the same trading commodity as gold. but certainly not digital gold
ninokh

Activity: 178
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 12:51:17 PM

After reading a lot of posts made by people on this forum, I realized about 75% of them see Bitcoin as a digital Gold. For me, I don't think Bitcoin is a digital gold. Cryptocurrency or Bitcoin to be precise, was developed to be a safer option for transaction of goods and services and also the best mode of payment. Bitcoin was introduced to disable all the restrictions that banks and the financial system presented. A lot of people have lost huge sums of money because they saw bitcoin as a digital gold. I know others will argue that bitcoin has also made people rich but for me, I don't think it is advisable to consider Bitcoin as a digital gold. Bitcoin is a digital currency.

right I agree with you. bitcoin is not digital gold even though both have a lot in common but bitcoin is better than gold. most people consider bitcoin gold because both have values that can rise quickly. the number of both is also limited and how to get it is also mined and can be used as an investment tool. so people think bitcoin is digital gold. even though there are differences we can buy goods using bitcoin while gold cannot be used to buy goods. so in my opinion bitcoin is bitcoin and gold is gold.

───────          PAND Deflationary Token (One People – One Token)          ───────
───────          Community Owne (https://pand.finance/)
gadimbrut

Activity: 418
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 12:57:46 PM

for me bitcoin is a new type of currency or it can be called a future currency, if many people use bitcoin as digital gold their business, because everyone is free to say about bitcoin, and many people suffer losses because they use bitcoin as the fastest way get rich, I think that is a false assumption about bitcoin
stigmacryptonight

Activity: 574
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 01:01:22 PM

bitcoin because of something similar to Precious metal. Bitcoin may become an electronic precious metal. However, I believe bitcoin is actually a lot more than precious metal.
gwaposakon

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 01:03:23 PM

If you look at its value is might be. But I think bitcoin was created for a different purpose.  It is more or a virtual money than gold.  In fact there some crypto platform that accepts gold in exchange for bitcoin. It only shows that bitcoin is getting wider and wider acceptance by the day.
Buttermellow

Activity: 462
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 01:08:24 PM

However, many people see bitcoin as an asset because of its market price volatility. It may be even worth it also to be called as currency for it may be used for payment options. There are lot of confusions with bitcoin and add this up that bitcoin is a digital gold? What is the function of gold compared to bitcoin. Bitcoin is more than gold when it comes to its uses.
digitalcryptocoin

Activity: 96
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 02:26:07 PM

Bitcoin is more than gold when it comes to its uses.

Completely agree. Bitcoin is far more than Gold. We can say its as digital gold just because its a master or prime currency of crypto market. But basically Bitcoin is far more useful in many aspects comparing to gold.
Gary Levanevskii

Activity: 686
Merit: 227

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 04:38:56 PM

Bitcoin is digital gold. I think it will still take time for people to accept the digital world of money. The more popular the blockchain technology is, the more likely it is that Bitcoin will have so many users.
rasp

Activity: 900
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 04:54:08 PM

Yes, in its very beginning btc was perceived solely as a means of making safe and anonymous transactions (currency), but now the situation has changed and btc has become an investment instrument will all the consequences that come with it.
Evolution is something natural, you know, especially in this rapidly changing financial market. Many people lost huge sums not because of the wrong perception of bitcoin as a digital gold but due to their greediness and the mistakes it entails.
muddy waters

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 05:02:26 PM

No matter how Satoshi saw the role of bitcoin as a currency btc now has become an investment. People hold their coins hoping that btc will again cost ~$20k or even more and we should not blame them for that - it's only the way of making money.

Chrystora123

Activity: 1414
Merit: 228

Omicron is another FUD

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 05:10:38 PM
Last edit: October 16, 2018, 05:42:28 PM by Chrystora123

the logic is simple, in my opinion, can you use Bitcoin for buying and selling transactions ? Bitcoin will not be able to become a digital currency while Altcoin can be...
why Bitcoin can't, while Altcoin can ? because Bitcoin is a decentralized coin while Altcoin is a centralized coin. so, the price of Altcoin can be set by issuing coins, while Bitcoin cannot be set...

that's the reason why I prefer Bitcoin as digital gold rather than digital currency... cmiiw  Grin

MbakNarti

Activity: 679
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 05:22:10 PM

For me bitcoin is indeed digital gold, because bitcoin has a high price, and has become a lot of people as a long-term investment that is convinced that the price of bitcoin will rise quite high in the next few years. That is why bitcoin I say is digital gold, because indeed in this case it is not much different from the principle of gold, which has been used as an investment because of its price and is believed to have a bright future where people believe gold prices will tend to rise in the long term.
rishad quraishi

Activity: 41

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 05:27:11 PM

A gold that is digital or you can say virtual gold. Actually it's true for many people around the world because they see bitcoins as their business or their profit maker. Many people earned a lot by investing on bitcoin and that group of people has a set of mind that it's only for making profits and that profits are big so it's a virtual gold for them but actually the main reason for creating bitcoin is to transfer money easily along with profits and without any charge like banks and other payment gateway takes.
kirti rana

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 05:28:45 PM

I think bitcoin could be a digital gold. Although i know the perspective you are coming from but also remember that real gold is not digital but bitcoin is, so within the "Cryptotic" world bitcoin could be digital gold.

Bitcoin is used as digital gold today, because it’s a de-risk assest, in fact, if someone wants to reduse systematicalye risk, then no gold or digital gold, will reach, hi said . Thankyou
shulc7

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 09:36:07 AM

With the present value, we can say so, but the value of the fluctuation is quite large! Suitable for investment, not suitable for long-term storage such as Gold!

Most of the crypto fans will agree that BTC can be called a digital gold. By the way, the first Bitcoins were mined like the precious metal can be mined as well.
kaisa

Activity: 560
Merit: 145

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 10:09:46 AM

Based on the topic statement above, bitcoin can also be said to be digital gold or digital assets. If everyone thinks like that, in the future bitcoin can be used as a reserve for state assets other than gold. This is the era of the digital economy, all are free to call bitcoin and crypto as anything. one thing is certain that the value of bitcoin will grow even more.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: