Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:12:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a Digital Gold??  (Read 6268 times)
conected

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 01:27:11 PM

Bitcoin can be described as such because Bitcoin is almost like gold which can be invested for a long time and generate huge profits. It's just that Bitcoin is very unstable and makes some losses if you don't understand it.
- I do not agree with your comparison because as you are saying, the value of bitcoin is very unstable, this is a very important point that makes it impossible to compare with gold, unstable will greatly affect its existence, and if it can not sustain its existence for a long time, it can not stand beside gold. Gold is always a symbol of long-term survival, although the value always increases slowly but it is always stable, no change over time while bitcoin always gives us the opposite view, the value can increase rapidly and decrease rapidly, prestige in the long run is not guaranteed, not eligible to compare and become digital gold

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pra

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 01:41:55 PM

it can be called the digital gold because it is the best one in the market today and it is really valuable. to my mind, choosing it is a good idea if you want to become rich in the nearest future... Grin
syntac

Activity: 338
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 02:10:09 PM

I think bitcoin is everything, because since I used bitcoin, my economic needs are met, and the country I live in is very supportive of the development of bitcoin, because since then the poverty rate in my country has been greatly reduced
mmo_online_1981

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 02:35:40 PM

With the present value, we can say so, but the value of the fluctuation is quite large! Suitable for investment, not suitable for long-term storage such as Gold!
serizawa

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 02:39:51 PM

I strongly agree that bitcoin is considered gold not as a digital currency. the biggest indodax market ceo in southeast asia also said that bitcoin was considered emasa not digital currency
Thor....

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 02:45:19 PM

Bitcoin is the digital gold money.it's a wonder & important subject. I hope bitcoin at a time change all world. He is the online best coin.bitcoin solved my all problem. So i hope bitcoin another people life changed.so i think bitcoin a digital gold
ginobitcoiner

Activity: 700
Merit: 101

BBOD Trading Platform

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 03:09:51 PM

bitcoin outweighs gold, so I don't agree that bitcoin is called digital gold. because the characteristics of bitcoin are very far from the characteristics of gold.
bitcoin prices are very high when compared to gold, and with other advantages that bitcoin has compared to gold

mika1977

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 11:02:38 PM

The true purpose of bitcoin was a new currency, it has huge advantages over traditional currencies. But as gold it is considered because it has a limited amount
setialovers

Activity: 812
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 12:41:09 AM

With the present value, we can say so, but the value of the fluctuation is quite large! Suitable for investment, not suitable for long-term storage such as Gold!

As store of value, bitcoin already called digital gold. For some peoples, its more better than gold because its more flexible and more secure. Beside that, bitcoin is cryptocurrency that in near future can used for payment in merchant
KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 01:21:47 AM

After reading a lot of posts made by people on this forum, I realized about 75% of them see Bitcoin as a digital Gold. For me, I don't think Bitcoin is a digital gold. Cryptocurrency or Bitcoin to be precise, was developed to be a safer option for transaction of goods and services and also the best mode of payment. Bitcoin was introduced to disable all the restrictions that banks and the financial system presented. A lot of people have lost huge sums of money because they saw bitcoin as a digital gold. I know others will argue that bitcoin has also made people rich but for me, I don't think it is advisable to consider Bitcoin as a digital gold. Bitcoin is a digital currency.

You know the saying, "you say tomato, I say tomato"? I think this applies to bitcoins as well in terms of the identification of bitcoins. I strongly agree that bitcoins can be classified as both a digital gold or a digital currency because of the way the people behave about it and invest on it.

btccointalk

Activity: 336
Merit: 20

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 03:58:45 AM

Yes, definitely bitcoin is a digital gold which is changing the world  Smiley

lyks15

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 04:04:30 AM

I can say that bitcoin is a digital gold because all we know that bitcoin's value is like a gold that change everytime. We can also compare bitcoin in gold in terms of investment because bitcoin and gold are same good investment. Like a gold if you invest and stock bitcoin a better savings to your future is comming. But compare to gold,bitcoin is more risky investment because anytime bitcoin's value have a big possibility that may become a valueless thing but in golds status I think it will never happen. But if you are doing good strategy in earning bitcoin you can have as much as gold wealth.

▼                          NΛTURΛL8       MAKING POKER FUN AGAIN                        ▼
►          $500k Rush & Cash Monthly   |   200% First Deposit   |   $150k Short Deck Hold'em          ◄
▲          [   ● FACEBOOK   ]     Download The App Here     [     ● TWITTER     ]          ▲
namcunguyen

Activity: 412

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 04:11:57 AM

I can say that bitcoin is a digital gold because all we know that bitcoin's value is like a gold that change everytime. We can also compare bitcoin in gold in terms of investment because bitcoin and gold are same good investment. Like a gold if you invest and stock bitcoin a better savings to your future is comming. But compare to gold,bitcoin is more risky investment because anytime bitcoin's value have a big possibility that may become a valueless thing but in golds status I think it will never happen. But if you are doing good strategy in earning bitcoin you can have as much as gold wealth.
Personally, Bitcoin is considered a "digital gold". Because of the storage value it brings, over the years Bitcoin is increasing in price and the number of exploits is limited. It also has many similarities with gold, not necessarily many new practical uses of great value.
mandor

Activity: 1638
Merit: 260

Trphy.io

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2018, 05:14:56 AM

I strongly agree that bitcoin is considered gold not as a digital currency. the biggest indodax market ceo in southeast asia also said that bitcoin was considered emasa not digital currency
Bitcoin is a gold currency and digital currency, but I also think that Bitcoin is the gold currency in the biggest Indodax market in Southeast Asia. Bitcoin has a yellow characteristic, yes like gold which is very valuable in digital currency.

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
danipay

Activity: 910
Merit: 512

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 05:31:49 AM

not only digital gold, you can also say it as digital money lol.
bitcoin is good way to change our economic digital to be a modern way and usefull.
moginsa

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 06:11:28 AM

After reading a lot of posts made by people on this forum, I realized about 75% of them see Bitcoin as a digital Gold. For me, I don't think Bitcoin is a digital gold. Cryptocurrency or Bitcoin to be precise, was developed to be a safer option for transaction of goods and services and also the best mode of payment. Bitcoin was introduced to disable all the restrictions that banks and the financial system presented. A lot of people have lost huge sums of money because they saw bitcoin as a digital gold. I know others will argue that bitcoin has also made people rich but for me, I don't think it is advisable to consider Bitcoin as a digital gold. Bitcoin is a digital currency.

I also do not believe in this digital gold or some gold replacement.  You need to have physical assets on hand like gold/silver.  You must also have fiat (even though its garbage).  Finally you must now in my opinion hold crypto.  It's a brand new asset class which may overtake fiat so you need to be in just in case.
nuraziaaziz

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 07:23:30 AM

Well, the main idea and motive was to make it a safer way of making electronic transactions but we the adopters made an add-on onto the technology by taking it to a whole new level and making it a digital asset. This doesn't kill the dream of making Bitcoin a safer means of making transactions. There are companies and stores accepting BTC as a form of payment.

I totally agree with this!
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 07:29:47 AM

bitcoin outweighs gold, so I don't agree that bitcoin is called digital gold. because the characteristics of bitcoin are very far from the characteristics of gold.
bitcoin prices are very high when compared to gold, and with other advantages that bitcoin has compared to gold

None of what you said makes any sense to me at all. In what capacity or terms does bitcoin outweigh gold? Bitcoin doesn't have a weight as it's digital, but it doesn't literally have to be gold for people to make the comparison, and which I get because there are many. The only problem I have with saying bitcoin is digital gold is, anyone else can make a currency that could also be a digital gold... or silver.... or bronze, and in reality you can't just make a up a new precious metal so that's one thing gold has over bitcoin (though I still think bitcoin is much better as a currency or medium or exchange than gold).
Lumi3004

Activity: 462
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 08:05:40 AM

The difference between Bitcoin and gold is very different.
And bitcoin was issued in 2009 while gold has existed since time immemorial, it is impossible for bitcoin to be made as a precious metal or equal to gold,
Bitcoin remains digital money that is traded with banknotes every country.
chelsea_shell

Activity: 72

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 08:19:57 AM

Some people might see bitcoin as a digital gold because of its increasing value over time and it function the same as gold. Yet, for me I see it as a digital cash.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: