Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 04:48:51 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a Digital Gold??  (Read 6275 times)
OSEIBOATENG

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2018, 10:40:06 PM

That's how I will classify BTC now because of it being the first cryptocurrency being created with Gold also being the first mineral found in the earth.
Schirer

Activity: 560
Merit: 17

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 10:48:32 PM

After reading a lot of posts made by people on this forum, I realized about 75% of them see Bitcoin as a digital Gold. For me, I don't think Bitcoin is a digital gold. Cryptocurrency or Bitcoin to be precise, was developed to be a safer option for transaction of goods and services and also the best mode of payment. Bitcoin was introduced to disable all the restrictions that banks and the financial system presented. A lot of people have lost huge sums of money because they saw bitcoin as a digital gold. I know others will argue that bitcoin has also made people rich but for me, I don't think it is advisable to consider Bitcoin as a digital gold. Bitcoin is a digital currency.

I will not agree with you that BTC is a currency more than something like gold, it is an asset because most of the txs nowadays is made by speculators and investors rather than people who are buying something.
But in the same time it would not be right to say that BTC is digital gold since there are a lot of digital financial products out there which could be easily described as digital gold.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
abojamal

Activity: 322
Merit: 17

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 11:16:51 PM

After reading a lot of posts made by people on this forum, I realized about 75% of them see Bitcoin as a digital Gold. For me, I don't think Bitcoin is a digital gold. Cryptocurrency or Bitcoin to be precise, was developed to be a safer option for transaction of goods and services and also the best mode of payment. Bitcoin was introduced to disable all the restrictions that banks and the financial system presented. A lot of people have lost huge sums of money because they saw bitcoin as a digital gold. I know others will argue that bitcoin has also made people rich but for me, I don't think it is advisable to consider Bitcoin as a digital gold. Bitcoin is a digital currency.

I do not see any contradiction between the two views
It is a significant shift in financial freedom
It is also a good investment opportunity.

POZESS
Photo Sharing Social Marketplace That Rewards its Users
✦ ────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  YouTube ♦  Reddit ♦  Bitcointalk   ──────── ✦
Kay94

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 11:20:30 PM

Since the creation of BTC, it has proven beyond doubt that its one of the best cryptocurrencies ever to be created even overtaking Gold. Now it can be taken as a digital Gold but overtakes the mineral Gold though.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
Kaznachej123

Activity: 882
Merit: 548

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 11:50:27 PM

Think of it this way, when oil becomes to costly to extract don't you think other alternatives will be put to use because they are cheaper?  Same with BTC. Once it gets too expensive, other similar yet more efficient coins will be primarily used...
korkor

Activity: 115

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 01:24:23 AM

Looking at how people treat and use bitcoin, I can describe their acts as treating bitcoin as a digital gold. This is not supposed to be so, bitcoin should be seen as a digital currency which allows easy and fast transactions of goods and services and also an alternative mode of payment.
nightfury

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 11:48:40 PM

Since the creation of BTC, it has proven beyond doubt that its one of the best cryptocurrencies ever to be created even overtaking Gold. Now it can be taken as a digital Gold but overtakes the mineral Gold though.

I absolutely agree with the term "Digital Gold" for cryptocurrencies as a whole because basically they're all in a digital form. For the word Gold, it is true that some cryptos are mineable just like how gold is being extracted from the earth's soil but then cryptocurrencies are mined digitally. In addition, bitcoin is refered to as gold because its value is so high that it can give you good profit just like gold.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
Batuta

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 12:19:10 AM

No, Bitcoin is not a digital gold. I can say that bitcoin gold and goldcoin has the right to be called a digital gold and not Bitcoin.
satria2

Activity: 297

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 12:26:36 AM

Looking at how people treat and use bitcoin, I can describe their acts as treating bitcoin as a digital gold. This is not supposed to be so, bitcoin should be seen as a digital currency which allows easy and fast transactions of goods and services and also an alternative mode of payment.

Some people will respond to things like that to think of a mere benefit from the investments they make with Bitcoin. So we can only see how people think about Bitcoin.
nostrings

Activity: 116
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 01:04:35 AM

I really don't like to compare bitcoin to physical gold, you can always create more crypto coins that are the same.  You can't really go and create more gold out of thin air, just sayin.
btcmmo9314

Activity: 220

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 01:24:06 AM

I think Bitcoin will bring us high profits in the future. Bitcoin can be considered as digital gold, because Bitcoin is extremely valuable.
Oluwatimi

Activity: 389

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 07:27:30 AM

I believe Bitcoin is the digital gold and it's here to stay as long as life exists. Unlike other digital currencies restrictions, barriers and slow transactions have taking over all of them but Bitcoin/cryptocurrencies are different and works in a unique way.
baby1moretime

Activity: 41

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 07:44:01 AM

Bitcoins can be considered as a digital gold, a "value hoarding", but Bitcoin really can't replace gold. Historically, gold has shown a negative correlation with equities - thought that when stocks fall, gold goes up, and vice versa. Conversely, Bitcoin isn't only more volatile than stocks and gold. but also at unpredictable prices.
AnisahSiti

Activity: 261
Merit: 15

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 07:52:29 AM

everyone is free to assume, free to argue, no need to blame each other, for now I still think that bitcoin is a commodity, all related to legality, that in reality in my country bitcoin cannot be used as a payment instrument. so I only use it for trading.

▀██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄██████████▀          T O N U P          ▀██████████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀██▀
THE ULTIMATE LAUNCHPAD ON TON CHAIN
▀████▄     [      Twitter      ]    [    Telegram    ]    [     Medium     ]     ▄████▀
Maricel2017

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 08:01:39 AM

We can say that bitcoin is a digital gold the different between real gold and bitcoin is their value, bitcoin is continuous fluctuating because it was based on the demand and supply in the market but the real gold is continuous increasing its value and never fluctuates but both is good for long term investment.

Bestorm

Activity: 36

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 08:57:09 AM

From my point of view, bitcoin is a digital gold because bitcoin and gold have some similarities. both of them have good value and people are caring about it. the only differency is that bitcoin is digital asset
apilpirman.bisnis

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 09:10:18 AM

not yet, but similiar with digital gold of bitcoin as investment, digital gold just have few change price and not higher than 5% every years, except of bitcoin could reached 100% and more for change price at the next year.
andriw

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 09:25:14 AM

bitcoin statement is digital gold is a parable, even though it is actually a digital currency, or more accurately called cryptocurrency. the parable is meant that bitcoin is as valuable as gold, even now bitcoin is more valuable than gold.
goodluck0319

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 01:15:00 PM

this is a conventional name thanks to the same functions as gold. therefore, many can in a simplified form to say so. but
Amevalentine

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 01:59:38 PM

I think Bitcoin will bring us high profits in the future. Bitcoin can be considered as digital gold, because Bitcoin is extremely valuable.
bitcoin wants to be said to be digital gold or whatever it is I don't matter that it's important that the same function can be invested and can make a lot of money
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: