Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:31:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][C2.1] Coin2 | Pow/PoS | ChainOfConflict[FPS] The Future of Gaming is Now  (Read 499694 times)
dotcoin.info

Activity: 686
Merit: 252

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 01:59:56 AM

Is the total number of coins 50 million or 500 million?

50 million....double spend does not make new coins.

you need some rest. dude.

we are patient enough.

joel511 (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 02:05:02 AM

Is the total number of coins 50 million or 500 million?

50 million....double spend does not make new coins.

you need some rest. dude.

we are patient enough.

I am afraid I might have to soon...I will fall asleep at work soon  Cheesy  But on that note, Im going to get some work done, talk to my wife for first time in two days, eat, shower, and go to bed.  Thank you all, we will have this fixed soon enough, just please keep an eye on this thread.
42coin fever

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 02:16:31 AM
Last edit: April 09, 2014, 03:08:48 AM by 42coin fever

Do whatever you think is right Joel. Also thanks for Bittrex help on this circumstances and we all sleep much better. Another Question, should Coin2 also raise the tx as someone mentioned to help secure the future hashrate attack or consider a proposal merge mining with other coin?
joel511 (OP)

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 02:18:17 AM

Ok here is the unofficial plan....we need input.  

The problem:

On April 7th 2014, Coin2 was 51% attacked and a double spend was successful.  This means that someone sent coins to another wallet from their own wallet.  They then mined their own blockchain that did not include those transactions.  In this case, the recipients of this attack were Bittrexx(about 200,000 C2), Bter.com(unknown amount right now), Nxt-e(unknown amt) and Poloniex(unknown amount).  In return, people who bought Coin2 with BTC may or may not receive real coins.  This was probably the issue we have been having with Bter in the last few days.  They had coins sent to them, then those same coins "disappeared"  I was unaware of this until Bittrex and Poloniex contact my team and told them what was going on.  We immediately had everyone freeze transactions.  The problem is that if you bought C2 with BTC you might end up buying the "fake" coins.  That is a problem and I will not let this happen.

The fix:

1. We could roll back the blockchain to before it happened(like Worldcoin did), and make a new blockchain from that point on.  However, any transactions after that time will not exist.  So if someone bought Coin2 after the attack, they would no longer have their Coin2 or the BTC they used to pay for it.  This is not an option and is unfair.  It also leaves us open to a 51% attack in the future.

2. We start a new Coin2 with a Proof of Stake(POS) proofing system and exchange "old Coin2" with "new Coin2"  <---THIS IS THE METHOD WE ARE USING

How this will work:

Bittrex was the first exchange to help in this situation and they have a knowledgeable staff and are quick to respond.  SO we are going to use them for this transition.

1.  I am going to ask all exchanges to return Coin2 to their owners.  If it "gets stuck"  we will manually note it.

2. We will issue the new wallets for "new Coin2"

3.  I am going to set a specific date in the future. (A secret for now to prevent attack)

4. All C2 users will have to send in their C2 to Bittrexx in those two days.  Once all 50 million "old Coin2" are collected, this blockchain and all related files will be destroyed.

5. Bittrexx will keep a record of the amount of "old C2" in each wallet.  They will start "new Coin2" wallet and will replace balances.  

6.  All users will now have Coin2 POS without any fear of "fake" coins or transactions.  The blockchain will then be secure and correct.

What we learned:

1. POW coins do not work without a block reward.  People will not spend hashes on a coin with no reward, its human nature.

2. Community is more important to any coin than the coin itself.  I am overwhelmed with how amazing everyone has been through this.  The first day of the attack, I almost had a heart attack.  However, now I think this was a blessing in disguise.  We stuck together as a tight knit group and I couldn't be happier.

3. There are cheats in everything.  The key is to fix the problem in a professional and fair way.  

In conclusion, this is only the unofficial plan.  I need feedback.  Please ask away, I will do my best to answer as quickly as possible.  Thank you and I apologize for any inconvenience and thank the community for keeping the faith.

Do whatever you think is right Joel. Also thanks for Bittrex help on this circumstances and we all sleep much better. Another Question, should Coin2 also raise the tx as someone mentioned to help secure the future hashrate attack or consider a proposal merge mining with other coin?

Proof of stake requires no "mining". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof-of-stake
42coin fever

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 03:05:04 AM

OK folks. Just be calm and let Joel and team resort it out with help from Bitrex team.

If any new Question, simply ask instead of 'Quote' threads because it's messy to read.

I could be amount one of the hardest hit in this unfortunate incident not in the form of holding C2, though I quietly accumulated quite a bit with Doges and Bitcoins, but setup something related to CC mainly focus C2 in mind that estimate ready by end of summer. That cost me quite a lot to pull it together a team to work on it, not to mention the effort into it early C2 stage: reputation I still stick to.

So, If I am not in panic mode shouldn't you do the same? Have some confidence in Joel and fine team in C2.

P/S: I am firmly believe C2 long term strategy is with useability and will gradually moving toward that direction than rely on trade in exchanges for short term gain which the supply/demand volatility is unhealthy for an old man. 
mugwampbro

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:29:31 AM
Last edit: April 09, 2014, 03:51:57 AM by mugwampbro

hey guys.. did a lot of back reading before I posted so just to be sure (I'm still a little confused) could someone please confirm what I've gleaned .

I currently have C2 at Bittrex and in my home wallet. It looks like we are going to soon have a new (POS) wallet. So....

1) Should I send the balance of my (home) coins to my bittrex wallet? It seems that, if I read correctly, this would be a fail safe in case I happened to miss download/install of the new POS wallet/transfer. IN other words.... bittrex will convert them all to POS and then I just withdraw to new(home) POS wallet

2) Once coins are POS.. we sure don't want them sitting on an exchange as the exchange would then be collecting the interest on the new C2. Correct?

n3lz0n

Activity: 618
Merit: 500

Go Bitcoin

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 04:00:08 AM

hey guys.. did a lot of back reading before I posted so just to be sure (I'm still a little confused) could someone please confirm what I've gleaned .

I currently have C2 at Bittrex and in my home wallet. It looks like we are going to soon have a new (POS) wallet. So....

1) Should I send the balance of my (home) coins to my bittrex wallet? It seems that, if I read correctly, this would be a fail safe in case I happened to miss download/install of the new POS wallet/transfer. IN other words.... bittrex will convert them all to POS and then I just withdraw to new(home) POS wallet
if its in bittrex please just leave it there...do not do any transfers until we announce here in the thread....please give us 48hours we will be back, we promise, I joined the team its because the guys behind C2 is not a scammer/troll/kid/teenager, he's a mature adult and we look and respect the guy... and yes we want C2 to go up in value too...we need to fix this high priority issue first then we do the game developments....

2) Once coins are POS.. we sure don't want them sitting on an exchange as the exchange would then be collecting the interest on the new C2. Correct?
we will get back to you on this...more info to come.

thanks!
n3lz

Go Bitcoin !!!!!!!!!!!
Souldream
Legendary

Activity: 1110
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 05:34:23 AM

I usually do not post over Coin2, either i follow this coin since the start, and was more active on "forging" side ;-) on the main pool.
Yes, i have not brought them, i get the early giveaway and "forged" around 10.000 coins ....

I read all the last news, for people who took the train lately about the Coin2.
The Team of coin2 has been always present, active and accurate for all, an update or anything else, good or bad.
I get support from Joel as fast as anyone could expect .... and days after days since the launch of the Coin2 i get more confident about all the path to the glory of this coin.
He ( Joel ) do all what he announced, and no false announcement or anything, all was and has been clear !

We get attacked ? Ok ... so it means simply the coins get attention and more people see it as an actor in crypto currency, why hacking an useless coin ?

And my point of view is ... better now than in future ! Take this update of the coins as a better way to make the Coin2 flying higher and get stronger !

I beleive in this coin2 because we are a team , a community and ... a future!
Thanks to Joel and all the team for this work and all coming work !

Souldream
Legendary

Activity: 1110

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 05:35:23 AM

all my c2 is currently on poloniex.  should i keep coins there?  how to proceed until is all resolved?  thanks

We keep coins on them. and exchanges can change them for us.
her0

Activity: 153

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 05:48:28 AM

Ok here is the unofficial plan....we need input.  

The problem:

On April 7th 2014, Coin2 was 51% attacked and a double spend was successful.  This means that someone sent coins to another wallet from their own wallet.  They then mined their own blockchain that did not include those transactions.  In this case, the recipients of this attack were Bittrexx(about 200,000 C2), Bter.com(unknown amount right now), Nxt-e(unknown amt) and Poloniex(unknown amount).  In return, people who bought Coin2 with BTC may or may not receive real coins.  This was probably the issue we have been having with Bter in the last few days.  They had coins sent to them, then those same coins "disappeared"  I was unaware of this until Bittrex and Poloniex contact my team and told them what was going on.  We immediately had everyone freeze transactions.  The problem is that if you bought C2 with BTC you might end up buying the "fake" coins.  That is a problem and I will not let this happen.

The fix:

1. We could roll back the blockchain to before it happened(like Worldcoin did), and make a new blockchain from that point on.  However, any transactions after that time will not exist.  So if someone bought Coin2 after the attack, they would no longer have their Coin2 or the BTC they used to pay for it.  This is not an option and is unfair.  It also leaves us open to a 51% attack in the future.

2. We start a new Coin2 with a Proof of Stake(POS) proofing system and exchange "old Coin2" with "new Coin2"  <---THIS IS THE METHOD WE ARE USING

How this will work:

Bittrex was the first exchange to help in this situation and they have a knowledgeable staff and are quick to respond.  SO we are going to use them for this transition.

1.  I am going to ask all exchanges to return Coin2 to their owners.  If it "gets stuck"  we will manually note it.

2. We will issue the new wallets for "new Coin2"

3.  I am going to set a specific date in the future. (A secret for now to prevent attack)

4. All C2 users will have to send in their C2 to Bittrexx in those two days.  Once all 50 million "old Coin2" are collected, this blockchain and all related files will be destroyed.

5. Bittrexx will keep a record of the amount of "old C2" in each wallet.  They will start "new Coin2" wallet and will replace balances.  

6.  All users will now have Coin2 POS without any fear of "fake" coins or transactions.  The blockchain will then be secure and correct.

What we learned:

1. POW coins do not work without a block reward.  People will not spend hashes on a coin with no reward, its human nature.

2. Community is more important to any coin than the coin itself.  I am overwhelmed with how amazing everyone has been through this.  The first day of the attack, I almost had a heart attack.  However, now I think this was a blessing in disguise.  We stuck together as a tight knit group and I couldn't be happier.

3. There are cheats in everything.  The key is to fix the problem in a professional and fair way.  

In conclusion, this is only the unofficial plan.  I need feedback.  Please ask away, I will do my best to answer as quickly as possible.  Thank you and I apologize for any inconvenience and thank the community for keeping the faith.
the wallet can not sync now. there is a easy way to relanch the new blockchain.you can snap all address balance like mmc2 and get rid of the hacker's address .some tools for that are open source.
dotcoin.info

Activity: 686
Merit: 252

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 05:50:47 AM

i surmise this coin will be standing on 3000 satoshi after official relaunch.

so dedicated devs.

adjiadjo
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1038

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 06:06:27 AM

so what we need to do is sending all of our coin (in wallet and other exchange) to bittrex and wait right?
undeadbitcoiner

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

Undeadbitcoiner Will not DIE until 1BTC=50K

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 06:11:50 AM

I bought more then 300K coins but all my coins are noe in my Wallet Am I safe?

n3lz0n

Go Bitcoin

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 06:12:42 AM

i surmise this coin will be standing on 3000 satoshi after official relaunch.

so dedicated devs.

a BIG thank you! Smiley

Our members are online around the clock and monitor this thread. I'm from down under so when I go to sleep guys from the US takes over Smiley Any questions either Facebook or post your questions here.

please give us time we will post some updates.

Go Bitcoin !!!!!!!!!!!
n3lz0n

Go Bitcoin

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 06:19:04 AM

I bought more then 300K coins but all my coins are noe in my Wallet Am I safe?

Sir, yes you are safe. Smiley

just wait for our announcements and we will tell everyone what to do.

thank you.

Go Bitcoin !!!!!!!!!!!
Anonz

Activity: 192

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 06:27:48 AM

How much transparency was there in the premine?  Where and how was it distributed?

Anonz want to remain Anonymous. It's up to those who follow along with us.  My favorite coins?  Magi, Bitcoin, and Darkcoin. Thread about XMG: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.0 - Market of XMG: https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-XMG - #Magi on Freenode IRC:  https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#magi
DailyModo

Activity: 812

www.gamebet.gg

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 06:35:04 AM

Can we have an official update saying step by step what should be done?

I think the devs know better than anyone how to handle this whole situation so

simply guide us trough an official guide for the re-launch and make sure no1 is left out.

Betting on esports with crypto's and steam items has never been easier.
CONTACT
dailymodo@gamebet.gg @GamebetGg
emmnazady

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 06:43:43 AM

After make some giveaway in my blog,my coin balance still in my wallet in home,what should i do? Should I transfer all my coin to Bittrex right now.
And Thanks DEV..you are the good boss (+100)

Next-Gen of
Algo Stablecoins

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
  Join Private Sale of $TST
  No KYC     Fair Launch Auction

CopperLaunch.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████

████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████   ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄   ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌                ▐█████
███████▄   ▀████▀   ▄███████
Bittzy78
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1019

I do not give financial advice .. do your own DD

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 06:56:59 AM

After make some giveaway in my blog,my coin balance still in my wallet in home,what should i do? Should I transfer all my coin to Bittrex right now.
And Thanks DEV..you are the good boss (+100)

Do not transfer anything right now

For you coins safety

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░▒▒▒████████████████▒▒▒░░
░░▒▒██████████████████████▒▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒█████████▀▀▀▀███████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████▀      ▀██████▀    ▀████▒░░
░░▒██████▄        ▀██▀       ████▒░░
░░▒███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▒░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Facebook | Twitter | Discord | Insane Hub
Bittzy78
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1019

I do not give financial advice .. do your own DD

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 06:59:16 AM

Can we have an official update saying step by step what should be done?

I think the devs know better than anyone how to handle this whole situation so

simply guide us trough an official guide for the re-launch and make sure no1 is left out.

Everyone is going to be kept in the loop..

We guarantee it !!

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░▒████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒█████████▀▀▀▀███████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████▀      ▀██████▀    ▀████▒░░
░░▒██████▄        ▀██▀       ████▒░░
░░▒███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▒░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Facebook | Twitter | Discord | Insane Hub
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 557 »
  Print  

Jump to: