Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 02:23:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 143 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Guncoin(GUN) - GUN Core V2.0 - New Exchange for Guncoin  (Read 187915 times)
damm315er

Activity: 539
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 12:32:55 AM

this coin is going to be big. its a solid build, and who doesnt love guns?

just needs to be promoted more.. no one knows about it..  Cool

So you're offering to help promote? 

SWEET!!!!!   Grin
GuncoinInfo

Activity: 781
Merit: 276

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 01:47:42 PM

this coin is going to be big. its a solid build, and who doesnt love guns?

just needs to be promoted more.. no one knows about it..  Cool

To become a truly decentralized coin like BTC, LTC, FTC, DOGE, everyone needs to help promote......Thanks for your support!

GUN Address (Donations) - GymMmoKGErzJXx8UFT9ddBzf3SFH4wdWKj
Cheap Servers for Masternodes - https://www.vultr.com/?ref=8153109
Turnkey Masternode Setup - https://www.setupmasternodes.com/ref/guncoininfo/
damm315er

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 10:43:43 PM

Ammo was on sale at walmart today..   Grin

Before:

After 50 rounds at 200 yards: (that was clean white when I got to the range)
24Kilo

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 12:27:30 AM

@damm315er,

How much for per box? And what rifle are you using?
damm315er

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 01:28:40 AM
Last edit: October 05, 2014, 03:07:41 PM by damm315er

@damm315er,

How much for per box? And what rifle are you using?

7.95 (+ tax) per box of 20, and using a DPMS Panther Oracle 308 (the DPMS version of the AR-10).  

Been having a hard time finding the ammo to get it properly broken in at a reasonable cost, so I was pretty stoked when I heard about it.   Smiley

damm315er

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 12:40:25 PM

BTW, I ordered some guncoin stickers and they are getting shipped late this week or early next week.  When they arrive, I'll put a few on stuff and snap/post pics for size reference, give a couple of each away, and list them for sale on the swap site.

Here's what they should look like, we'll see how close they are when they arrive: (they are all sheet cut not die cut [square instead of round] to keep the cost from tripling in low quantities)

This is a 5" square (outside) window sticker (the edges are blacked out because most will be put on tinted windows)

This is a bumper or window sticker 3" x 8" (designed by member ar15, and tweaked just a bit by me)
damm315er

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 10:10:35 PM

Well, I guess $7.95 was a good sale, I saved over $500!!   Grin

GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 04:31:17 AM

All:

I can confirm that we do have a fork in work which will take us a away from the Scrypt algorithm we currently are using.  Any fork of this nature, is not a easy one to do by any means - so we are not prepared to disclose which one we picked or why or when we are going to be done.  Sorry to be intentionally vague here.  But there are a lot of variables that come into play with a change of this nature, so we are not going to be held to a time line.  Once we see it work in testing - hopefully, in the next week - we will make a more formal announcement with some details.  We will set the fork such that once the new code is released, the fork will have a time delay built in to give every one a chance to switch over before the algorithm changes - probably 1-2 weeks.

Like we have said before, it is impossible to please all our users - we are going the direction that we think is best for the long term success of the coin. We have no intentions of letting Guncoin become the rotary phone or Betamax of the coin world......More later....

damm315er

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 01:45:41 PM

I really don't see this as being good for legal firearm manufacturers/owners...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwRtll3jjU4
GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 02:08:20 PM

Not really, it seems like only the bad guys would be willing to pay the premium and take this longer route to get a gun.  Anyone acquiring a firearm and abiding by all the laws of their state would pay about half the cost.

damm315er

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:43:40 PM

Not really, it seems like only the bad guys would be willing to pay the premium and take this longer route to get a gun.  Anyone acquiring a firearm and abiding by all the laws of their state would pay about half the cost.

The problem with the "in your face" stuff like this, is John Dillinger and his type are what brought about the FBI, with their blatant crimes then running across state line because it was safe.

Them keeping releasing plastic gun designs and devices to circumvent the legal system in an in your face manner is not helping the 2nd ammendment cause, it's hurting it, and only for their own notoriety.  As cool as it would be to own one, it's single purpose is going to cause issues.
VexusMalius

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 07:56:25 PM

The problem with the "in your face" stuff like this, is John Dillinger and his type are what brought about the FBI, with their blatant crimes then running across state line because it was safe.

Them keeping releasing plastic gun designs and devices to circumvent the legal system in an in your face manner is not helping the 2nd ammendment cause, it's hurting it, and only for their own notoriety.  As cool as it would be to own one, it's single purpose is going to cause issues.

What they're doing is completely legal. It's not circumventing anything.
GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 09:12:26 PM

Well, no one said it was illegal - It is perfectly legal.  But anyone paying twice the typical price for an AR-15 just to have one with no S/N is going to have their intentions called into question and going to give the anti-gun lobby more ammo to play politics with and blow out of proportion and a reason to create more insane anti-gun laws or executive actions.  When it comes down to it, having a firearm of any type with no S/N is going to straddle the fence of legality for a while depending on where you live.  I imagine some FFLs will refuse to accept them - although with no S/N, you will not need one. 

I think what damm315er is trying to say and we support is that while the creativity, legality and ingenuity of the 3D printer is appreciated, making national news with it just to piss off the other side, throw it in their face and stir up more controversy will most likely not do us or anyone any good.  There are times when flying under the radar is a really good thing and I think this is the best course for something like this.

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 02:12:01 AM

Think of your in-alienable right to live. The tool is just a tool. I don't see hammers getting serial numbers. Or knives.

But, this might be a different and more in-depth topic left better for another discussion. Or let the professional debaters and lawyers and lobby groups handle this.

Personally, I don't want any record of me anywhere, in any database, that will get published accidentally or intentionally, or be used against me, that they claim I have a gun. As far as we are concerned, I am otherwise a good, honest, law-abiding citizen, who has a family.

My defensive firearm, no one publicly knows about, is concealed. No one will ever see it.

But just to satisfy local authorities, I do have all the licenses and permits and credentials to show if I ever get asked about it by my friendly neighborhood policeman. (Oh yeah, I'm not in the US, so laws may be different where you are.)

VexusMalius

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 03:40:30 PM

Well, no one said it was illegal - It is perfectly legal.  But anyone paying twice the typical price for an AR-15 just to have one with no S/N is going to have their intentions called into question and going to give the anti-gun lobby more ammo to play politics with and blow out of proportion and a reason to create more insane anti-gun laws or executive actions.  When it comes down to it, having a firearm of any type with no S/N is going to straddle the fence of legality for a while depending on where you live.  I imagine some FFLs will refuse to accept them - although with no S/N, you will not need one. 

I think what damm315er is trying to say and we support is that while the creativity, legality and ingenuity of the 3D printer is appreciated, making national news with it just to piss off the other side, throw it in their face and stir up more controversy will most likely not do us or anyone any good.  There are times when flying under the radar is a really good thing and I think this is the best course for something like this.

If you make a gun with no S/N, you can't make it with the intent to sell. However, if you do want to sell it eventually, from what I understand selling it to in-state FFLs is fine and won't cause a legal stink. Face to face transfers are also still good to go. If you try to sell out-of-state, well... I wouldn't, and that's because I just don't know how to go about it legally (that'd be a question for the ATF).

As far as I know, there are no laws stopping you from building your own in any state. This is why you can buy an 80% and have it mailed directly to you, and finish it yourself. This device just cuts out the middle man. If the gun grabbers make a stink about it, then you can just point them to Montana House Bill 246.

But I do see the benefit of slipping in under the radar. Getting these out there into the hands of people would crush any bullshit they might try to pull later on. At the same time though, it's makes me smile watching them basically tell the brady bunch that they can't stop us from getting guns and rubbing their noses in it at the same time.
GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 05:05:45 PM

If you make a gun with no S/N, you can't make it with the intent to sell. However, if you do want to sell it eventually, from what I understand selling it to in-state FFLs is fine and won't cause a legal stink. Face to face transfers are also still good to go. If you try to sell out-of-state, well... I wouldn't, and that's because I just don't know how to go about it legally (that'd be a question for the ATF).

As far as I know, there are no laws stopping you from building your own in any state. This is why you can buy an 80% and have it mailed directly to you, and finish it yourself. This device just cuts out the middle man. If the gun grabbers make a stink about it, then you can just point them to Montana House Bill 246.

But I do see the benefit of slipping in under the radar. Getting these out there into the hands of people would crush any bullshit they might try to pull later on. At the same time though, it's makes me smile watching them basically tell the brady bunch that they can't stop us from getting guns and rubbing their noses in it at the same time.

Well, as entertaining as it is to watch these new gadgets come out and get rubbed in the faces of those who oppose those gadgets, keep in mind that the more visibility and aggravation that they cause can easily prompt an executive action to wipe them out with one signature from the guy in the WH.  There is not a lot of WH pressure now since there is an election coming soon and the red state Dems are saying and doing anything to get elected - Staying away from gun control is a priority for all these Dems.  However, if the Dems by some reason manage to maintain control of the Senate, even if by one vote, the hubris in the WH is most likely set to unleash one executive action after another against the Second Amendment.  At that point, with no elections or no possibility of impeachment, he can pretty much do whatever he wants....So I think what VexusMalius is saying is "Make Hay while the sun shines while you can".

VexusMalius

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 08:53:33 PM

Well, as entertaining as it is to watch these new gadgets come out and get rubbed in the faces of those who oppose those gadgets, keep in mind that the more visibility and aggravation that they cause can easily prompt an executive action to wipe them out with one signature from the guy in the WH.  There is not a lot of WH pressure now since there is an election coming soon and the red state Dems are saying and doing anything to get elected - Staying away from gun control is a priority for all these Dems.  However, if the Dems by some reason manage to maintain control of the Senate, even if by one vote, the hubris in the WH is most likely set to unleash one executive action after another against the Second Amendment.  At that point, with no elections or no possibility of impeachment, he can pretty much do whatever he wants....So I think what VexusMalius is saying is "Make Hay while the sun shines while you can".

The prospect of an EO on gun control, I personally am unsure about. Sandy Hook would have been a prime time for the prez to conjure up something to screw us over, but all he did was say America needs to do a better job of addressing gun violence (which I think everyone can agree on). Something tells me he's either a very quiet supporter, or neutral on the whole gun ownership thing (unlike BJ Billy and Hildabeast). We do know he owns at least a shotgun, and so does "two blasts" Biden. Besides, he has other shit to worry about right now. ISIS, Fast and Furious, the newly reveled prostitute deal, and the fact that the secret service has let security lapse so many times it's starting to look like they're actually trying to get the guy killed; I mean, his plate is pretty damn full. But I do agree that he'd sign something if it crossed his desk, just to please the party base.
damm315er

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 11:38:04 PM

I really didn't mean to derail this thread by posting that.  My intention was to express my feeling that the anti gun crowd, with every new invention like this, has been given yet another excuse to have something against this coin and to feel this coin is doing a bad thing simply by existing.  It makes them think every gun fan is an extremist, when quite the opposite is true. (yes, that is incorrect of them to think, but yelling at them that they are wrong doesn't help the matter)

This thread is supposed to be about guncoin, not gun rights, and I think any more discussion about the legalities of this box should be addressed in a separate thread like the BATFE stuff and automatics was.

I've never started a thread here, and don't have the time to right now.  So if someone else wants to start a thread about it before I get around to it, feel free to do so, as I definitely have opinions about it and might finally have the time to express some of them.  Wink (sorry, been a busy week at work and home)
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 12:48:19 AM

And then, there are those "How to make a gun" files which are 10 years old. I think Paladin Press published a whole bunch of those "Expedient Firearms".

GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 01:51:00 AM

I really didn't mean to derail this thread by posting that.  My intention was to express my feeling that the anti gun crowd, with every new invention like this, has been given yet another excuse to have something against this coin and to feel this coin is doing a bad thing simply by existing.  It makes them think every gun fan is an extremist, when quite the opposite is true. (yes, that is incorrect of them to think, but yelling at them that they are wrong doesn't help the matter)

This thread is supposed to be about guncoin, not gun rights, and I think any more discussion about the legalities of this box should be addressed in a separate thread like the BATFE stuff and automatics was.

I've never started a thread here, and don't have the time to right now.  So if someone else wants to start a thread about it before I get around to it, feel free to do so, as I definitely have opinions about it and might finally have the time to express some of them.  Wink (sorry, been a busy week at work and home)

Agreed - let's kill this tangent discussion and back to Guncoin talking point.  FYI, word from my programmer is that he has updated our source code with the next Guncoin fork and just started checking it out today.  Once I have a working copy in my hands, I will provide all the details - maybe by this weekend.

Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 143 »
  Print  

Jump to: