Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 09:35:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Guncoin(GUN) - GUN Core V2.0 - New Exchange for Guncoin  (Read 187885 times)
jonathan3308

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:13:46 AM

Awesome!!! Thank you for putting the twitter feed on the dashboard!!! So happy to have a US server and that it has the most hash out of any other Guncoin pool out there right now

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GuncoinInfo

Activity: 781
Merit: 276

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 04:14:34 AM

I had the issue with ver 1.3 release not working at first as mentioned, and didn't understand until a few moments ago how to fix it, LOL.
So, in case any others are having issues, I will try to ELI5 (explain like I'm 5).

Go to your GUN config files in your Users/AppData GUN directory as GuncoinInfo wrote and make sure it has:

rpcallowip=192.168.1.1

Worked for me Smiley

I think you may want to make that 127.0.0.0 - that is generic to everyone.....it just cannot have the * in it.....

GUN Address (Donations) - GymMmoKGErzJXx8UFT9ddBzf3SFH4wdWKj
Cheap Servers for Masternodes - https://www.vultr.com/?ref=8153109
Turnkey Masternode Setup - https://www.setupmasternodes.com/ref/guncoininfo/
jacasta19

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:15:20 AM

Great work samsmith!
write your gun address in signature
GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 04:16:11 AM

Awesome!!! Thank you for putting the twitter feed on the dashboard!!! So happy to have a US server and that it has the most hash out of any other Guncoin pool out there right now

Which one are you referring too???

Autumn

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:36:56 AM

I was curious how the coin was allotted to the market at that time and its price had been on the floor for quite a long time
damm315er

Activity: 539
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:26:57 PM

I was curious how the coin was allotted to the market at that time and its price had been on the floor for quite a long time

I have read this several times, and I'm not sure exactly what you're asking.

??
GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 11:51:34 PM

I have read this several times, and I'm not sure exactly what you're asking.

??

We get a lot of "drive-bys" with newbies looking to pad their post numbers.  If you check them out, you will see they post about a dozen times in a matter of minutes on a dozen threads.  In some cases, it has nothing to do with the thread they post in.  Even if you responded, chances are they will never see it and never come back.

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:51:45 AM

I'm hodling another altcoin that uses zerocoin and masternodes. Might be easier to implement than zkSnarks. I recognize one or two names here who also have that altcoin, but that's off-topic here. Smiley

GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 12:56:48 AM

I'm hodling another altcoin that uses zerocoin and masternodes. Might be easier to implement than zkSnarks. I recognize one or two names here who also have that altcoin, but that's off-topic here. Smiley

If it is a potential enhancement for GUN, it is fair game to discuss here.  zkSnarks are one option that we are considering and have done some very recent research on.  However, at this point, we have not thought too much about the implementation.  But the premise is interesting and there may be others who have better knowledge of it or have other similar options for us to think about.

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 05:58:13 AM

No need to mention the alt, but this is what I think they mean:

1. Zerocoin. There is a "minting" option in the wallet, that turns your GUN into zGUN... Using zero knowledge proofs that you own a certain amount of zGUN, these are all mixed into a pool of other zGUN, and when it comes time to spend it, you "withdraw" to a regular GUN address. The zGUNs have fixed denominations, much like "normal" fiat currencies, such as 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 500, 1000.

That GUN in the new address will seem to have gotten GUN out of thin air, or out of the zGUN cloud or whatever it is. People will see it came from the pool, but can't prove where it originally came from. Everyone else participating in the zerocoin protocol get the same thing. There may be a transaction fee or something.

2. Masternodes. They seem to be getting popular these days, the grand daddy of them all is DASH. There are like 70 of them now. You need to somehow strike a balance between the collateral required for a node and the overall coin supply. These masternodes usually perform other functions aside from hosting a full node, such as faster transactions (that cost more), and a variation of coin obfuscation, or processing the zerocoin, and maybe even a budget system that is voted by all other masternodes. For their service, these nodes earn a percentage of the coins mined by miners, something like a 45% / 45% / 10% split between miner, node, and the budget system.

Masternodes lock up a percentage of the coins in circulation; they can not be spent as long as the nodes are operating. The result is pressure on the buy side for other people who want to run a node too, increasing the price of the coin in the process.

The number of nodes will keep increasing either until the coin supply runs out, or the ROI for running a node approaches zero percent. Dash supposedly has thousands of nodes, locking up a quarter of the total supply, costs $1m in collateral to run one, and owners earn about 20% per year on it.

Both of these would require either a hard fork, or an entirely new coin. If the same address format is retained, then a swap may be optional and people can just claim their coins using the private keys they already possess.

There are other systems out there too, such as DPoS (Delegated Proof of Stake). Those run about a hundred high powered servers, 20 that act as regular super nodes + 1 out of the other hundred chosen randomly. Each one is voted in by people who have a stake (other coin holders). It's decentralized by the stake holders, but the delegates are intentionally limited to 21, or 53, or some other odd number.

I can't give you more info as that's my understanding of it at the moment. Someone else needs to chime in, or a search should turn up something.

GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 01:59:28 PM

1. Zerocoin. There is a "minting" option in the wallet, that turns your GUN into zGUN... Using zero knowledge proofs that you own a certain amount of zGUN, these are all mixed into a pool of other zGUN, and when it comes time to spend it, you "withdraw" to a regular GUN address. The zGUNs have fixed denominations, much like "normal" fiat currencies, such as 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 500, 1000.

That GUN in the new address will seem to have gotten GUN out of thin air, or out of the zGUN cloud or whatever it is. People will see it came from the pool, but can't prove where it originally came from. Everyone else participating in the zerocoin protocol get the same thing. There may be a transaction fee or something.

2. Masternodes. They seem to be getting popular these days, the grand daddy of them all is DASH. There are like 70 of them now. You need to somehow strike a balance between the collateral required for a node and the overall coin supply. These masternodes usually perform other functions aside from hosting a full node, such as faster transactions (that cost more), and a variation of coin obfuscation, or processing the zerocoin, and maybe even a budget system that is voted by all other masternodes. For their service, these nodes earn a percentage of the coins mined by miners, something like a 45% / 45% / 10% split between miner, node, and the budget system.

Masternodes lock up a percentage of the coins in circulation; they can not be spent as long as the nodes are operating. The result is pressure on the buy side for other people who want to run a node too, increasing the price of the coin in the process.

The number of nodes will keep increasing either until the coin supply runs out, or the ROI for running a node approaches zero percent. Dash supposedly has thousands of nodes, locking up a quarter of the total supply, costs $1m in collateral to run one, and owners earn about 20% per year on it.

Both of these would require either a hard fork, or an entirely new coin. If the same address format is retained, then a swap may be optional and people can just claim their coins using the private keys they already possess.

There are other systems out there too, such as DPoS (Delegated Proof of Stake). Those run about a hundred high powered servers, 20 that act as regular super nodes + 1 out of the other hundred chosen randomly. Each one is voted in by people who have a stake (other coin holders). It's decentralized by the stake holders, but the delegates are intentionally limited to 21, or 53, or some other odd number.

I can't give you more info as that's my understanding of it at the moment. Someone else needs to chime in, or a search should turn up something.

Very good - all interesting things to consider.  Thanks for the details!

damm315er

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:23:34 PM

Bug report in wallet v 1.3.

I've been running 1.3 on one computer for a while and it's been fine.  So I upgraded all my wallets this am, and the one on my mining rig (running Win7 x64) crashed after giving this error. (the forum won't let me attach screen cap)

Code:
MinGW Runtime Assertion

Assertion failed!

Program: c:\(blabla)\guncoin-qt.exe
File: checkpointsync.cpp, Line 184

Expression: mapBlockIndex.count(hashSyncCheckpoint)

damm315er

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:25:35 PM

I've been running 1.3 on one computer for a while and it's been fine.  So I upgraded all my wallets this am, and the one on my mining rig (running Win7 x64) crashed after giving this error. (the forum won't let me attach screen cap)

Code:
MinGW Runtime Assertion

Assertion failed!

As a side note, the wallet crashes on every start with that same error.

And when reverting to the old 1.2 beta, the db has to be re-indexed, that will be hours..
GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 03:38:54 PM

I've been running 1.3 on one computer for a while and it's been fine.  So I upgraded all my wallets this am, and the one on my mining rig (running Win7 x64) crashed after giving this error. (the forum won't let me attach screen cap)

Code:
MinGW Runtime Assertion

Assertion failed!

As a side note, the wallet crashes on every start with that same error.

And when reverting to the old 1.2 beta, the db has to be re-indexed, that will be hours..

That is very odd - not seeing anything like that on my wallets.  what type of machine and system is it running on?

GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 09:51:41 PM

With the release of GUN V1.3, a record BTC price, record GUN trading volume and higher GUN prices, I am please to report that GUN is nearing a $1 MIL market cap for the first time.  The GUN Team thanks yo so much for your continued support!

Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:59:37 PM

Very good - all interesting things to consider.  Thanks for the details!

I can't really offer any technical insight since that's way beyond my paygrade so to speak.  I can attest that anything with the word "Masternodes" in it is insanely popular right now and Privacy aspects are looking to be pretty popular in 2018 too.
GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 11:10:37 PM

I can't really offer any technical insight since that's way beyond my paygrade so to speak.  I can attest that anything with the word "Masternodes" in it is insanely popular right now and Privacy aspects are looking to be pretty popular in 2018 too.

Understand and agree.  All of these are good ideas for valid consideration in a future build once we have V1.4 rolled out and completed and a working mobile wallet.  At that point, we can customize the coin a little more to our unique desires.  Keep in mind, some of these things may conflict with other or have to be rolled into the coin in serial fashion rather that all at once.  But I like the ideas so far.

TheSignsGuy

Activity: 318
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:23:59 PM

All in for future privacy features....definitely a plus when it comes to digital currency.

Also....great job on getting soooooo close to a million dollar marketcap, maybe we'll be there or even past once this posts.

I believe that is a huge milestone.

Edit: just checked, we're there... over a million dollar marketcap!!!
GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 11:44:19 PM

All in for future privacy features....definitely a plus when it comes to digital currency.

Also....great job on getting soooooo close to a million dollar marketcap, maybe we'll be there or even past once this posts.

I believe that is a huge milestone.

Edit: just checked, we're there... over a million dollar marketcap!!!

Yes, we actually broke the $1MIL mark a few minutes ago.  Prices fluctuating around 29 sats right now with volume over 0.8BTC on volume over 3MIL GUN - all of those are record highs for GUN. I guess traders like the direction we are heading.

crypt0r3x

Activity: 287
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 12:12:42 AM

mining it. I'm from Texas.

BTCZ Address Sharelink: https://btcz.me/cryptorex
BTCZ Send via TXT/SMS Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeGX36c24i0
BTCZ TXT/SMS Codebase: https://github.com/bitcoinz-wallets/TxtZ

Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 »
  Print  

Jump to: