Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:26:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Guncoin(GUN) - GUN Core V2.0 - New Exchange for Guncoin  (Read 187885 times)
GuncoinInfo

Activity: 781
Merit: 276

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 06:02:18 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2018, 08:09:15 PM by GuncoinInfo

I had an interesting email from a coin owner last night.  He asked me what I was doing to get the coin price back up to where he bought it last week......Seriously....I told him I was doing the EXACT same thing today that I was doing when it hit 300 sats last week and would be doing the exact same thing next week, regardless of what the price will be.....ie, doing all possible to make a better coin.  No response from him so far.

As a reminder, in 2-3 months, GUN will have been in circulation for four (4) years.  How many coins or tokens have survived that long??  To my knowledge, there is no pump and dump with this coin - never has been - that would be bad for the coin.  So IMHO, based on what I see.......Over the last 4-6 weeks - let me do a quick recap....

1) GUN has gone through 2 necessary upgrades V1.2 and V1.3 - both make it a much more solid, technically current, secure and stable coin.
2) We published a preliminary roadmap that lays out our short term path forward to make GUN a VERY solid and competitive coin.
3) You have seen an increase in our tweeting and that from our 'famous' developer who has followers from other coins he works on and retweeting from some users with mass numbers of followers.  We now have a Slack account too, but not totally ready to go yet.
4) We have seen a minimum of 40-50 new wallets pop up and be created in just 2-3 days last week.
5) We upgraded our users guide again, the website and our OP here.
6) We have seen 3-4 more pools include GUN in their mining operations and have been included in several autoswitch pools.
7) We have seen our hashrate from, increased mining, rocket up to over 500MH at time - significantly higher than ever before - lots for Neoscrypt.

All that and Bitcoin prices soared to $18K and there was a rush by new users to buy BTC and altcoins including GUN.  Again, IMHO, there is no bad news in any of that - although the autoswtich pool played havoc with our hashrate for a day or two - but I like the attention it gave to GUN.

So from this, it should be obvious to everyone why our prices shot up.  And of course when any coin has a price shoot up over 500%, profit taking will kick in.  BUT, what I see, is that you do not see people selling millions of coin - there is zero dumping going on here, just profit-taking which is to be expected.  Our price seems to be stable around 100 sats for now and could rise again for all the same reasons it did before since they are still valid. 

So there are a lot of things that determine our price.  Cryptopia had sign up issues which have now been resolved.  We have more software upgrades planned and in work to release over the next two months and other things within our infrastructure to upgrade as well.  IMHO, Guncoin is in a very good place now and all the reasons that our price ran up last week are still there today and will be next week, nothing has changed other than the fact we have progressed a little bit further down our roadmap and now have a lot more visibility and more users - those are all good things for GUN and the Guncoin community, IMHO.  We are determined to keep moving forward and that this will positively effect our coin price as it has in past weeks.  Again, thanks for your patience and support!

GUN Address (Donations) - GymMmoKGErzJXx8UFT9ddBzf3SFH4wdWKj
Cheap Servers for Masternodes - https://www.vultr.com/?ref=8153109
Turnkey Masternode Setup - https://www.setupmasternodes.com/ref/guncoininfo/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lahcen1

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:24:00 PM

I had a problem with getting my wallet to sync, it was caused by my firewall blocking the network connection. (because of malware placing mining software on peoples computer)

I had to go into the firewall to manually enable the wallet, and it synced right up.

That is a common problem with many cryptocurrency coins, NOT just Guncoin.

Correct..  The firewall blocked several of my wallets, as well as my Nvidia video driver updater and a bunch of other stuff.

I doubled checked and the Firewall was disabled by default. so maybe thats not the issue? anyway i turned it on and whitelisted GUN wallet just to see if it does anything, i waited but same thing. lastly i uninstalled the wallet and started from the beginning the sync bar started from it was from the previous install. its always 2 active connections only.
damm315er

Activity: 539
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:58:12 PM

I had an interesting email from a coin owner last night.  He asked me what I was doing to get the coin price back up to where he bought it last week......Seriously....I told him I was doing the EXACT same thing today that I was doing when it hit 300 sats last week and would be doing the exact same thing next week, regardless of what the price will be.....ie, doing all possible to make a better coin.  No response from him so far.

As a reminder, in 2-3 months, GUN will have been in circulation for four (4) years.  How many coins or tokens have survived that long??  To my knowledge, there is no pump and dump with this coin - never has been - that would be bad for the coin.  So IMHO, based on what I see.......Over the last 4-6 weeks - let me do a quick recap....

1) GUN has gone through 2 necessary upgrades V1.2 and V1.3 - both make it a much more solid, technically current, secure and stable coin.
2) We published a preliminary roadmap that lays out our short term path forward to make GUN a VERY solid and competitive coin.
3) You have seen an increase in our tweeting and that from our 'famous' developer who has followers from other coins he works on and retweeting from some users with mass numbers of followers.  We now have a Slack account too, but not totally ready to go yet.
4) We have seen a minimum of 40-50 new wallets pop up and be created in just 2-3 days last week.
6) We have seen 3-4 more pools include GUN in their mining operations and have been included in several autoswitch pools.
7) We have seen our hashrate from, increased mining, rocket up to over 500MH at time - significantly higher than ever before - lots for Neoscrypt.

All that and Bitcoin prices soared to $18K and there was a rush by new users to buy BTC and altcoins including GUN.  Again, IMHO, there is no bad news in any of that - although the autoswtich pool played havoc with our hashrate for a day or two - but I like the attention it gave to GUN.

So from this, it should be obvious to everyone why our prices shot up.  And of course when any coin has a price shoot up over 500%, profit taking will kick in.  BUT, what I see, is that you do not see people selling millions of coin - there is zero dumping going on here, just profit-taking which is to be expected.  Our price seems to be stable around 100 sats for now and could rise again for all the same reasons it did before since they are still valid.

So there are a lot of things that determine our price.  Cryptopia had sign up issues which have now been resolved.  We have more software upgrades planned and in work to release over the next two months and other things within our infrastructure to upgrade as well.  IMHO, Guncoin is in a very good place now and all the reasons that our price ran up last week are still there today and will be next week, nothing has changed other than the fact we have progressed a little bit further down our roadmap and now have a lot more visibility and more users - those are all good things for GUN and the Guncoin community, IMHO.  We are determined to keep moving forward and that this will positively effect our coin price as it has in past weeks.  Again, thanks for your patience and support!

Bahahaha, "what have you done for me lately?"...  There's no hype here, and never has been.

I just looked at Cryptopia, there's over 5 million coin listed for sale, and over 46 million listed for buys.  Definitely no dump!!

Gun did hit a nice number and settled back, but almost every coin peaked for a few days and dropped back significantly.  Gun is no exception.  At least there's an active DEV team, and progress is getting made.  I would much rather go slow and steady and get where we want to be, then shoot for the stars and flame out.

Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:03:38 PM

Bahahaha, "what have you done for me lately?"...  There's no hype here, and never has been.

I just looked at Cryptopia, there's over 5 million coin listed for sale, and over 2 BTC for buys.  Definitely no dump!!

Gun did hit a nice number and settled back, but almost every coin peaked for a few days and dropped back significantly.  Gun is no exception.  At least there's an active DEV team, and progress is getting made.  I would much rather go slow and steady and get where we want to be, then shoot for the stars and flame out.

I completely agree. GUN looks to be in a good spot right now at the start of 2018.  The tech is there, the developers are there, and the interest has grown allot over the past month due to new releases, and essentially just having more of the spotlight shined on this coin.  All good things for Guncoin.
DroidR17A

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:12:23 PM

I like the idea behind this coin, but has it got any traction with online sellers? Also, seems like there's a big missed opportunity to record and time stamp sales, serial numbers, registration and ownership transfers. Being able to see and track the ownership history would be a pretty big deal. Maybe something for future consideration...
GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 10:10:47 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2018, 11:07:33 PM by GuncoinInfo

I like the idea behind this coin, but has it got any traction with online sellers? Also, seems like there's a big missed opportunity to record and time stamp sales, serial numbers, registration and ownership transfers. Being able to see and track the ownership history would be a pretty big deal. Maybe something for future consideration...

Thanks so much for your comments and support.  There is no missed opportunity here.  All that you talk about has been and is being considered for the long term.  For the short term, we seek a solid, stable and secure coin for these online sellers to use that they can trust.  We are almost there for that.  After that, smart contracts, tracking data etc. is all a possibility if the technology is compatible and the cost is manageable to get it done.  If not, there are other options that have been discussed to achieve the same thing within the Guncoin Family of Coins and Tokens.

DroidR17A

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:10:27 AM

Thanks so much for your comments and support.  There is no missed opportunity here.  All that you talk about has been and is being considered for the long term.  For the short term, we seek a solid, stable and secure coin for these online sellers to use that they can trust.  We are almost there for that.  After that, smart contracts, tracking data etc. is all a possibility if the technology is compatible and the cost is manageable to get it done.  If not, there are other options that have been discussed to achieve the same thing within the Guncoin Family of Coins and Tokens.

Sweet. If you can implement that kind of tracking, you'll probably be able to get support from law enforcement, which would be great for adoption. Best of luck!
GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 12:46:33 AM

Sweet. If you can implement that kind of tracking, you'll probably be able to get support from law enforcement, which would be great for adoption. Best of luck!

Yes, lots of things are being considered and lots are possible with the right technical talents and proper funding.  For the short term, our path is pretty clear and it appears many like yourself are jumping on board the GUN train - welcome aboard.

damm315er

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:15:07 AM

The firming up of the wallets with blockchain security improvements, is all well and good.

Tell me more about the coins and tokens.. 
Enjel

Activity: 70
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:38:51 AM

Exactly. I really the tentative road map and updates so far. Things look good for where this coin is going.

100 satoshis (now 120) is much better than 25. You don't get a 12x pump without some correction. The point is that there is now renewed interest in this coin.

You got in at 300? HODL and wait for 3000, and support the coin, and talk about it to other people.

Using crypto to pay for college.
GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 04:22:50 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2018, 04:36:16 AM by GuncoinInfo

Hmm, you saw that and quoted me before I could remove it.  Yes, long term there will be more to Guncoin, than just Guncoin.  You have to walk before you can run and you have to wait for technology to make available what you are looking for.  That is exactly what we are doing now in advancing GUN to the Bitcoin Core 0.13 and will continue to do into the future.  I will leave it at that.  We still have a lot of wallets on GUN V1.1 - how do they not know to switch???  But we have large numbers on V1.3, so we are in good shape for the hard fork in about 2 weeks.

The renewed interest, price rise and recent donations have helped us a lot to move a little faster.  Additionally, there are now a few who choose not to sit on the sideline and help out - excellent news!  A decentralized and technologically superior coin with huge community support is a hard combination to beat.  It does not happen over night or this week - but we are moving forward with a lot of momentum now it appears - FYI, GUN is back up over 40% as I write this and all the buy orders have moved up at least 30 sats in the past hour - all good news.

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:00:49 AM

GUN go bang bang!

Altho I'm not sure you want "registration", they might make it "mandatory" ... like that New Jersey smart gun thing...

GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 06:46:05 AM

GUN go bang bang!

Altho I'm not sure you want "registration", they might make it "mandatory" ... like that New Jersey smart gun thing...

Yes, when you talk registration and tracking as used by government authorities, you are going to have a lot of oversight in what you do....Not what we or most GUN users are looking for.  However, if there is better way to permanently document, quicker and easier, the process that already exists - I am sure they would be open to it.  At one time, we asked if there were any local FFLs interested in helping us (they know and live the process each day), but go not takers.  Maybe we should ask that again and it is a better time?

Sheldon.Cooper

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:03:20 AM

Hmm, you saw that and quoted me before I could remove it.  Yes, long term there will be more to Guncoin, than just Guncoin.  You have to walk before you can run and you have to wait for technology to make available what you are looking for.  That is exactly what we are doing now in advancing GUN to the Bitcoin Core 0.13 and will continue to do into the future.  I will leave it at that.  We still have a lot of wallets on GUN V1.1 - how do they not know to switch???  But we have large numbers on V1.3, so we are in good shape for the hard fork in about 2 weeks.

The renewed interest, price rise and recent donations have helped us a lot to move a little faster.  Additionally, there are now a few who choose not to sit on the sideline and help out - excellent news!  A decentralized and technologically superior coin with huge community support is a hard combination to beat.  It does not happen over night or this week - but we are moving forward with a lot of momentum now it appears - FYI, GUN is back up over 40% as I write this and all the buy orders have moved up at least 30 sats in the past hour - all good news.

Hey sorry new around here. Are you going to have a hardfork in the next 2 weeks? So, the old coin will be swapped? Is it oke to buy from topia now?
TheSignsGuy

Activity: 318
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:47:30 AM

There is no swapping for the hard fork.

Basically make sure that you upgrade to the latest wallet and all should be fine.

It is always a good time to buy GUN, in my opinion Smiley
GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 01:32:02 PM

Hey sorry new around here. Are you going to have a hardfork in the next 2 weeks? So, the old coin will be swapped? Is it oke to buy from topia now?

Yes, there is a hard fork, but no coin swap.  As long as you are running GUN V1.3, you are fine.  No one is loosing any coins.  Even when the current V1.1 users switch over, their coins are still there.

damm315er

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:05:24 AM

Yes, there is a hard fork, but no coin swap.  As long as you are running GUN V1.3, you are fine.  No one is loosing any coins.  Even when the current V1.1 users switch over, their coins are still there.

How nice that the coin devs here actually post info and answer questions, instead of "they're too busy to answer you"..

A quick comment about the gov't oversight part mentioned a few posts ago.  Any gov't oversight shouldn't be an issue, as they can track addresses and info as well as anyone else can.  That's the point of locking it in the blockchain, permanent record..  No lost receipts, no iffy records, no fudging numbers, there it is read it and read it again 20 year later. (or 50 years later)

And one of the reasons that there should be no obscurity in the blockchain..  If you wanna do something illegal, feel free to use dark coin or one of the others that doesn't keep track.

Rion

Activity: 206
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 03:30:59 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2018, 01:41:29 PM by Rion

https://hash4.life/
Automatic payouts every hour
No registration required

To Start Mining
Code:
-a neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://hash4.life:4233 -u WALLET -p c=GUN

Explorer
https://hash4.life/explorer/GUN

Nodelist
https://hash4.life/explorer/peers?id=326

Holding: Bitcoin | Ethereum | Ark
kid_brook

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 05:41:25 PM

Good resource analysis of GUN coin  https://coincheckup.com/coins/guncoin/investment

GuncoinInfo

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 05:56:52 PM

We seem to have many more pools mining GUN up and running now.  I will try and get them added to the OP this week.  Keep in mind, that while we may list all the pools, we do not recommend any of them - and you use any of them at your own risk.  None of them have any formal relationship with GUN or the GUN team.  All that being said, we love seeing our hashrate very active and lots of new miners getting into mining GUN.

Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 »
  Print  

Jump to: