Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:06:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it better to exchange your altcoins for dollars or btc?  (Read 3317 times)
justsimpleram

Activity: 462
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 04:30:16 PM

Now while btc is very down it's better to exchange it to btc so that if btc pump you will have more and huge profit from it because dollars is not that good when times like this. Exchanging in fiat should do when you want your invest to claim or want it to get and spend it to buy something or put it on the bank. But if you want to have more profit its better to exchange it to btc now.
AgentZero23

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2018, 08:02:01 PM

With the current market the smart way is to exchange your alt coins to fiat like usd. Majority of our necessity are purchased using fiat currency and it is a much more than digital assets. But better invest in security tokens as it will give you a passive income.
expekto

Activity: 255

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 08:02:52 PM

I believe that those of us involved in the field of cryptocurrencies should feel compelled to act in accordance with our ideals and therefore, we should prioritize the accumulation of bitcoins before the accumulation of dollars.

We must always keep in mind that one of the reasons that led to the emergence of cryptocurrencies is the search for alternatives to fiat money, therefore there would be no reason for us to exchange our valuable cryptos for centralized money.
i tyink taht tej answer on that question depends on the fact what os the most useful for you and what you think is better

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol
Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING
[https://tokensale.w12.io/]
expekto

Activity: 255

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 08:03:37 PM

With the current market the smart way is to exchange your alt coins to fiat like usd. Majority of our necessity are purchased using fiat currency and it is a much more than digital assets. But better invest in security tokens as it will give you a passive income.
you may convesrt ypur tokens in whatever ypu find jecessary to convert them so i believe taht you need to think it over

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol
Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING
[https://tokensale.w12.io/]
Kseniya17

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2018, 08:14:23 PM

I think who has the opportunity for a long hold, then you need to keep in Bitcoin, I do not have such an opportunity and such an amount, so I change the coins for dollars a little.
Ozero

Activity: 2058
Merit: 180

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 09:39:42 PM

I believe that those of us involved in the field of cryptocurrencies should feel compelled to act in accordance with our ideals and therefore, we should prioritize the accumulation of bitcoins before the accumulation of dollars.

We must always keep in mind that one of the reasons that led to the emergence of cryptocurrencies is the search for alternatives to fiat money, therefore there would be no reason for us to exchange our valuable cryptos for centralized money.
You should always remember about the riskiness of investing in cryptocurrency. Therefore, it is not recommended to invest all your money in cryptocurrency. Especially to invest in one coin, even if it will be Bitcoin. Bitcoin can also lose in its popularity and price. In addition, I would have already invested not in Bitcoin, but in ethereum, and some other promising coins.

hidingyou

Activity: 291
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 09:48:59 PM

You should always remember about the riskiness of investing in cryptocurrency. Therefore, it is not recommended to invest all your money in cryptocurrency. Especially to invest in one coin, even if it will be Bitcoin. Bitcoin can also lose in its popularity and price. In addition, I would have already invested not in Bitcoin, but in ethereum, and some other promising coins.
Nope, if you have an objective to grow your money it's much better to choose with crypto in order to continue growing your money but if you think it's kind of needed a money then you can go with dollars in where you can earn money immediately.

adarwis

Activity: 560
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 10:23:49 PM

if my experience will certainly choose to hold in the form of BTC rather than the dollar, because if the dollar is only a few exchanges that accept dollars for trading programs, if the BTC accepts all the top exchanges, if you want to be safe you can hold the dollar the more the price increases
florianuhlemann

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 05:58:23 PM

personally, I distributed my funds: 30% of the funds lies in the Bank (just in case), 40% of investment in bitcoin, 20% of investment in Ethereum, and the remaining 10% of investment in other altcoins from the top 5.
lotfipro

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 06:18:19 PM

It might be better exchanging to bitcoins, it's easier to follow prices in btc rather than in dollars. Also all exchnages have bitcoin pairs.
lelou

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 06:21:01 PM

I only convert to fiat when I'm in need of tangible money but if not, I convert my tokens/altcoins to bitcoin and let it stay until it's time to buy altcoins again.
Tigra3458

Activity: 134

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 06:37:42 PM

For me it is better to keep partially in BTC and altcoins 50%, and to hold the rest in dollars. In this case, there is always a safety net.
Bavaria

Activity: 1032
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 01:16:10 AM

If I was minded to liquidate my altcoins, i would prefer selling them for USD on the current market. Because i believe btc might drop down to 2-4k and reach a new bottom. 
Jdragon6x6

Activity: 247

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 01:24:16 AM

For me it all depends on what my needs is. If I were to cash out all my altcoins, I think it is much better for my altcoins to be exchange in dollars than bitcoin specially when I am planning to cash out and not investing. Bitcoin value changes a lot and for me dollar is the better option for its value doesn't move that much.
MoreMoneyHunt

Activity: 227

IQCash

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 01:24:47 AM

Every crypto investment must have a goal. This goal is set in order to guide in the decision of when to buy, how long to hold and when to sell the altcoin. Depending on the profit making desire of every investor, this decision of when to sell varies. Once the anticipated price is reached, an investor may choose to convert the altcoin to dollars or exchange for BTC.

[ IQ ] cash  ▐   THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
████████████ [ https://iq.cash ] ████████████
libert19

Activity: 2506
Merit: 945

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 01:28:57 AM

Depends, if you need money for irl stuff then you will need to convert your cryptos to fiat.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Bosmuda

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 01:39:36 AM

It would be better if you keep your altcoin, in my opinion it will be better, be patient while waiting for the market to rise and then you can sell your altcoins in the future and certainly will benefit
shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 01:42:13 AM

As much as I agree with your post, but I believe each investor have his own investment goals.  Some want to hold crypto for the long term, some just want make quick bucks and some might need money for emergency.  
DainSLane

Activity: 784
Merit: 112

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 01:53:44 AM

It is better to exchange your altcoins to BTC not in dollar because the price of bitcoin was increasing every minute or every hour compared to dollar, if you are a trader you know what is the best to make you more profit.
bestpikka

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 01:54:12 AM

As much as I agree with your post, but I believe each investor have his own investment goals.  Some want to hold crypto for the long term, some just want make quick bucks and some might need money for emergency.  
yes, it all depends on each other's needs so in this case, everyone is free to make his choice, if I myself prefer to hold my coins in Bitcoin because I believe that in the next few months prices will rise again so I hope to profit from the situation.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: