Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:45:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC is simply just to cheat bounty hunters.  (Read 79922 times)
kynaz

Activity: 1078
Merit: 250

http://unidapp.app

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 02:11:11 PM

I think you should KYC before participating in the bounty project. KYC also to eliminate many people create hundreds of accounts to join the bonus, I think this is beneficial to us
I agree with you . KYC will help us get a lot of cheaters because most bounty hunters use a lot of accounts. If there is no way to avoid this, it is very difficult to make money in this market. I believe Bounty projects should apply KYC to get the best support

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
oho

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

Investing in the future development of blockchain

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 02:35:14 PM

I completely agree with the author! And one more thing that the author did not mention is that the KYC is held after the reward has been calculated, and this, in turn, is a hoax, because the reward that was accrued to the hunters who did not pass the KYC disappears at the manager! And I think  what KYC for hunters came up with to reduce the reward for hunters!

[
Ini35

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 08:27:26 PM

From the very start ask your bounty manager if the rules are already firm and final.

But the sad thing is before you are going to ask them, you'll see one rule that allowed them to change any rule as they wish.
The fact remains that if rules are stated as alterable then bounty hunters should be ready for things like this, such as in this case where we have kyc. Although, kyc should not have been used for bounty participants, but if that is what the law entails, then why should that not happen?
I have even noticed that kyc is now a common phenomenon with most bounties and this is in a way discouraging some bounty participants.
qwerty1337

Activity: 209
Merit: 1

Semi-Decentralized Exchange

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 08:29:51 PM

To my understanding, KYC simply means "Know your customer". Investors(customers) who participate in ICO are made to go through KYC process before they are even allowed to purchase their tokens. On the other hand, Bounty hunters are just "part time workers" of the project and not customers. Even if they will be made to go through a KYC process, it should be before they start working and not after. Waiting for them to finish working for the project and refusing to pay them because they failed to pass KYC afterwards is a total cheat.
I, as an honest bouncer, who does not have 100 accounts, only for KYC, it will help to eliminate the bot accounts as much as possible

▂▃▅▆ BOLTON Coin (BFCL) ▆▅▃▂
▬ The Challenge that makes your dreams come true ▬
֍ ֍ [https://bfclcoin.com/]֍ ֍
Dobby070
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

www.codex.one

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 12:10:27 AM

To my understanding, KYC simply means "Know your customer". Investors(customers) who participate in ICO are made to go through KYC process before they are even allowed to purchase their tokens. On the other hand, Bounty hunters are just "part time workers" of the project and not customers. Even if they will be made to go through a KYC process, it should be before they start working and not after. Waiting for them to finish working for the project and refusing to pay them because they failed to pass KYC afterwards is a total cheat.

No it is not, unless you haven't informed that a bounty campaign would require the use of KYC. But if you know that KYC is required and you still joined without it and they didn't pay you, it your fault, not the campaign. There is always a reason why they use KYC.

Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 05:52:43 AM

I'm twisted on kyc experience, I'd rather not have KYC but I see why some do. I just did my first airdrop on twitter. I was going to stop at 500 max signups or until Jan. 15, not even a week goes by and I got over 900 signups on my form and only 6 people actually filled the airdrop out correctly. Totally fail lol...
Thus only 6 people got airdropped...

That's an unusually high failure rate. Only 6 out of 900 qualified? Then there is definitely something fishy. Probably you asked them to follow you on a large number of social media platforms and if someone didn't got one of these channels, then you disqualified them. Am I correct?
el_lobo
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 06:05:18 AM

Kyc in the crypto world is apparently still a topic that causes unrest.
Ico operators should finally stop it and by kyc the bountie payment not unnecessarily delay or cheat the participants with it.
I think kyc in crypto area does not make sense.
unbotak

Activity: 686

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 06:14:23 AM

Kyc in the crypto world is apparently still a topic that causes unrest.
Ico operators should finally stop it and by kyc the bountie payment not unnecessarily delay or cheat the participants with it.
I think kyc in crypto area does not make sense.

but some good projects using KYC and tokens do have fair value. so not all Bounties who use KYC only cheat. but it's mostly like that. so the conclusion depends on the project.
but I personally better avoid KYC if that is possible except that sometimes the projects I follow are long enough to use KYC and I inevitably have to follow the procedure.
LickKing

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 06:36:25 AM

KYC is a non-controversial and worthless product. It is important to know that a project has an absolute technological advantage, and the future of mankind will be more intelligent, and only technology can change it. The ICO project does not require a KYC system at all. Good ICO owners will all be involved.

treatWy

Activity: 308
Merit: 5

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 06:47:58 AM

The process of KYC is not applicable if just for bounty hunters identity. Anyway due to different kinds of criminal cases related in crypto the project decided to implement it to eliminate them. Although it is risky to pass you identity to someone you don't know. No problem to KYC specially if the team are trustworthy but in case not that's a big problem.

▬▬ ●   P A R Q   ● ▬▬ A GREEN, SMART AND CONNECTED CITY PLATFORM
● ▬▬▬▬▬  ●  ▬▬▬ ● https://www.parqtoken.com ● ▬▬▬  ●  ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
canaveralnonie

Activity: 518
Merit: 111

Dota2

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 06:55:55 AM

KYC for bounty hunter is to avoid multiple account, such sound like to lessen the bounty farming. Well, for me, that is not a problem specially if you sure that you can supply a real and legit information. But sometimes it easy to send a fake KYC, so what's the problem? Are you afraid of what? Dude, you can have a lot of time if your first KYC is invalid or did not accept by the project admin. There are standard measurement on validating those information from all the participant, so if your KYC is decline...there something wrong on your information so don't say it's a cheat one. Cause it's a process to maintain and avoid bounty farming.

Do I make it clear?
kjn311

Activity: 319

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 08:37:34 AM

It seems to me that now it is done in order to understand who is interested in the project. But I'm totally against KYC. I want to know who I'm selling my passport data to.
atayating

Activity: 280

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 08:39:40 AM

I agree with you that most KYC is just to steal our privacy. Is it a very dangerous behavior if they use our information for loans?

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
meloman4u

Activity: 434
Merit: 156

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 10:55:56 AM

I agree, the KYC check for bounty hunters should be spelled out in the rules for conducting bounty. It seems to me that BM does not always know whether it is necessary to undergo this procedure or not.
terencio

Activity: 742
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 07:43:21 PM

If the project wants their bounty hunters to pass the KYC its better  it should be done from the very beginning. Some bounty hunters won't pass the KYC not because they cheated, but they don't have a proper identification.

Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 08:48:11 PM

Yes, this is already such a new type of fraud on the part of the ICO team. They either do not speak first about checking KYC, or even conclude that there will be no such check at the end of the ICO, or after it is finished they suddenly declare that all participants of generosity need to go through the KYC check to get earned tokens. In this case, the KYC check is arranged so that it is very difficult to pass even if you try ... For example, you need to specify the date of validity of the passport, and in many countries the passport does not have a validity period. Without this deadline, KYC cannot be passed. There are many such inconsistencies, as a result, many token bounty hunters are not paid, the ICO team misappropriates them. In general, any KYC check is illegal for bounty hunters, as we are not investors. However, if it is done, it should be done before the work, and not after it.
cevap

Activity: 490

www.Zercados.com

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 08:51:31 PM

You are right, KYC is useless for bounties where sums are not that big anyways, i dont even think of joining a bounty which requires KYC which they can deny for many reasons and rob you from all hard work you have done.

michael23

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 10:03:39 PM

I think that the passage of KYC for bounty hunters can lead to serious consequences for them, because bounty hunters are involved in a large number of bounty companies and the risk of bumping into scams, which you also have to pass KYC, is extremely high.
ramsankadirov1345

Activity: 129

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 10:05:51 PM

It is very unfair, to force Bounty hunters to undergo the KYC procedure after they have performed work. Often still can refuse to them in payment only because their KYC hasn't been accepted.

iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 10:12:28 PM

Though there is no actual legal reason for people to be doing a KYC for a bounty campaign, I do not think that the reason behind it is to cheat bounty hunters. As bounties have become less numerous and it has become harder to make money we have seen an increase in people doing multlipe sign ups for the same bounty using many different identities. Some even seem to have developed bots to manage the sign up process and do the bounty. The main reason we are seeing increases in KYC requests is to stop this cheating.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: