Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:02:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC is simply just to cheat bounty hunters.  (Read 79922 times)
danielchris

Activity: 574
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 06:15:46 PM

I think lot of investors are not interested to tell their KYC. but my views it's not bad whenever it's work for security.
sulis sudibyo

Activity: 882
Merit: 11

Volare.network

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2019, 06:19:26 PM

I think it's not a problem for bounty hunters to do kyc if it is written on the rules upfront, it is not that hard to do kyc if you have documents etc. However the problem arises when they will announced that bounty hunters need to do kyc only after the bounty campaign ends, in a way it is cheating.
I feel, provided the rules is stated in the first place, it shouldn't be a big deal for participants to take part in it as they already agreed to the terms and conditions before joining the said campaign.

yes you're right, if kyc was told when the first bounty was released it wouldn't be a problem. the problem here is that the team always notifies KYC verification at the end of the campaign. and worse, they sometimes make it difficult for participants to verify KYC. such as only being allowed to use a passport is very unfair, because not all participants have a passport.

I really don't like projects like this.

───[  Volare.Network  ]───
─────────────[  The First Commercial Blockchain Network from EQBR Technology  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    mVOLR AIRDROP    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
Aponkye1

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2019, 06:27:23 PM

What makes you think so? Many bounty hunters try cheating in their bounty campaign activities for any project. So in order to distribute the rewards to honest members who have worked very hard during the campaign period.

sorrros

Activity: 954
Merit: 104

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 06:28:40 PM

Know Your Customer process is for customers right? And bounty hunter is a customer? We are not buying anything? We are free lancers and not customers. So why we should do that?

► LudenaProtocol ◄ ♦️ A Gamified Social Platform for Worldwide Gamers ♦️ ► LudenaProtocol ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Instagram|Whitepaper
AgentZero23

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2019, 07:27:47 PM

One of the best way to weed out cheaters and alts a account is to implement KYC with selfie involved holding the document. This is now implemented by some projects to their bounty program and bounty hunters must comply or else you will not get your tokens. This is beneficial for all participants who didn't cheat and would certainly raise the amount of rewards.
Lacoste

Activity: 177
Merit: 11

Lacoste

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 07:43:28 PM

I think bounty hunters should do KYC, which greatly limits cheater.
Someone cheat hundreds of blog/article, they use bitcointalk account (newbie), you will see how important KYC is.
Why are you afraid of KYC?

chairmanMao

Activity: 456
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 10:21:30 AM

I think the only use of KYC is the airdrop mission. In addition, KYC has no meaning. If an ICO needs KYC seriously, it will definitely fail. KYC essentially violates the core principle of cryptocurrency.

Teamfearless
Copper Member

Activity: 118
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 10:49:41 AM

i agree with you 100% but our mistake is that we dont ask the bounty managers rules and regulation about the project . But some time they will also tell you there will be no KYC but later they announced KYC .. but for me i get no problem doing KYC ..

micairvas

Activity: 303
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 10:53:08 AM

To my understanding, KYC simply means "Know your customer". Investors(customers) who participate in ICO are made to go through KYC process before they are even allowed to purchase their tokens. On the other hand, Bounty hunters are just "part time workers" of the project and not customers. Even if they will be made to go through a KYC process, it should be before they start working and not after. Waiting for them to finish working for the project and refusing to pay them because they failed to pass KYC afterwards is a total cheat.

This is done for many reasons. I think many managers do this to keep tokens on themselves. To earn more. I do not think that the team is interesting.
mirawantirinjana

Activity: 700
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 10:59:01 AM

The main problem of kyc in bounty is the team says about kyc after all work done. It is really cheating. I never go through a campaign which asks kyc.
right, I also don't think about why KYC was announced when the bounty hunters finished their assignments. I think it's unfair and not transparent.
KKH84

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 10:59:42 AM

I think KYC for bountyb hunter has a positive and negative side, the positive side can be to avoid multiple accounts from bounty participants and the negative, side we give our identity to someone who is not necessarily safe.
bitcoinst

Activity: 1708
Merit: 651

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 11:17:59 AM

Personally, I do not see the point of participating in airdrop, especially in those that require the passage of the KCS procedure. The reasons are simple, now there are no payments even from bounty, why risk your personal data almost for free.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
labenea

Activity: 327

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 11:29:55 AM

I think it's simple, what makes you unsure about KYC is better avoided and what makes you sure about KYC is better to do it. so, generally KYC has become a procedure in the campaign. I don't really understand the security associated with KYC, but I know what I have to do or leave.

───────     Decentralized Asset-Backed Banking     ───────
██  ███  ██████     TheStandard.io     ██████  ███  ██
milani

Activity: 1092
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 11:42:42 AM

Because it is an unpleasant thing, when you done your part of work, helped project to be popular or something else and you see even that you got your reward, and before the rewards distribution you see new rules where all the participants should pass the KYC, and because of some reasons you can not pass it, it is really a pity thing. And of course very often it is better to be very attentive before passing the KYC or participating somewhere. Too many scammers. But sometimes KYC procedure is good, because it save you from multiaccounts that tries to use your nick and get your reward.
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 11:57:09 AM

If they announce it at the start no i don't agree with you.

But if they announce it at the end of the campaign it is definitely for bad intentions. And sometimes they are putting a timeline. Like 9 months campaign, when it is over you have 2 days to complete kyc or your tokens gone, wtf!

Maknae09

Activity: 196

Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 12:06:36 PM

To my understanding, KYC simply means "Know your customer". Investors(customers) who participate in ICO are made to go through KYC process before they are even allowed to purchase their tokens. On the other hand, Bounty hunters are just "part time workers" of the project and not customers. Even if they will be made to go through a KYC process, it should be before they start working and not after. Waiting for them to finish working for the project and refusing to pay them because they failed to pass KYC afterwards is a total cheat.

KYC in a sense contribute to the reliability of bounty hunters, it is not just enough that people are just submitting without a good proof of individual accounts to register. KYC is sensitive but it is in the choice of bounty hunter if he will give it or not.

▃ ▄ Ternion  ▀▄▀  Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway ◥◤ ICO Start: 01 OCT 2018 (http://www.Ternion.io/)
cpoer2011

Activity: 560
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 12:13:02 PM

That's not entirely right. I kindly agree for KYC to use for investors and also bounty hunters because there are many fakes account which is joined on the bounty campaign and it's not fair for the other.
lutcor

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 01:45:11 PM

Today there is no exact information that would really be created directly in order to understand why we really need KYC, that is, directly to investors. For developers, we all know why, but why do investors need it?
Loopper

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 01:49:53 PM

That's not entirely right. I kindly agree for KYC to use for investors and also bounty hunters because there are many fakes account which is joined on the bounty campaign and it's not fair for the other.

If KYC is needed and it is not misused by the project team it is natural but you give KYC and the project is a scam. It was not expected by everyone.
plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 03:05:48 PM

Bounty manager should have negative trust if they are resorting to cheating their bounty hunters, they should tell them at the start of the campaign, they should not follow the bad example of DESICO who do not want to pay their bounty hunters because they shifted to STO from ICO.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: