Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:39:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC is simply just to cheat bounty hunters.  (Read 79922 times)
zauna35

Activity: 812
Merit: 287

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 06:35:23 AM

Yes, now very many companies introduce KYC after the fact .. of course this is done in order to reduce the number of participants, as many do not pass KYC or do not follow the branch and are not aware that this procedure is being carried out ... what can do with this situation? Unfortunately, we have no control over the bounty organizers, we must wait for the global changes of the bounty companies with the protection of our rights.
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 06:37:51 AM

To my understanding, KYC simply means "Know your customer". Investors(customers) who participate in ICO are made to go through KYC process before they are even allowed to purchase their tokens. On the other hand, Bounty hunters are just "part time workers" of the project and not customers. Even if they will be made to go through a KYC process, it should be before they start working and not after. Waiting for them to finish working for the project and refusing to pay them because they failed to pass KYC afterwards is a total cheat.

I think they did it because they knew it would happen like this, the bounty manager or dev who is like this is a good manager. And I think this will reduce cheating
bounty manager or dev team has their opinion for each rules.indeed about kyc  verifcation, as new project they just preventing if someday local regulator audit their projects.and kyc could be their solution to protect their investors.

thats right . kyc is used to comply for the regulatory policies but at the same time it does also help to prevent multi accounts that can potentially abuse the system  .  by the way i notice that the title of this thread seems wrong .  Re: KYC is simply just to cheat bounty hunters ?  what the op trying to say is kyc helps filter out  bounty cheaters  .

still ,  im not impress about this kyc thing even if it useful on both parties because for me this thing is only a hassel and  i cannot easily join any bounty or an airdrop because of this  .
canaveralnonie

Activity: 518
Merit: 111

Dota2

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 06:46:24 AM

To my understanding, KYC simply means "Know your customer". Investors(customers) who participate in ICO are made to go through KYC process before they are even allowed to purchase their tokens. On the other hand, Bounty hunters are just "part time workers" of the project and not customers. Even if they will be made to go through a KYC process, it should be before they start working and not after. Waiting for them to finish working for the project and refusing to pay them because they failed to pass KYC afterwards is a total cheat.

I think they did it because they knew it would happen like this, the bounty manager or dev who is like this is a good manager. And I think this will reduce cheating
bounty manager or dev team has their opinion for each rules.indeed about kyc  verifcation, as new project they just preventing if someday local regulator audit their projects.and kyc could be their solution to protect their investors.

thats right . kyc is used to comply for the regulatory policies but at the same time it does also help to prevent multi accounts that can potentially abuse the system  .  by the way i notice that the title of this thread seems wrong .  Re: KYC is simply just to cheat bounty hunters ?  what the op trying to say is kyc helps filter out  bounty cheaters  .

still ,  im not impress about this kyc thing even if it useful on both parties because for me this thing is only a hassel and  i cannot easily join any bounty or an airdrop because of this  .
Thinking this KYC /AML is for investors only and not for bounty hunter. KYC can't solve those cheaters around the market, because in my experience... kYC is so easy to pass with a fake information. I can use my friends information if I want to... specially if I had a lot of accounts ( farming ).
swiftbits

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 08:11:39 AM

Some project might put up hard requirements for KYC, that's why I also avoid those kinds of projects but only those that are not trustable for me, we're here in cryptocurrency to have the benefits of secure transactions without giving up our identities. KYC is good but too much is too much

▀▀█▄
     ▀▀██▄▄██████▄████▄
      ▄▄███████████▀█▄
  ▄█████████████████▄█▄ ▄
 ▀  ▀██████████████▀▀█████
   ▄██████▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▀█▀
 ▄███████▄▄█▀               █
█▀▀ ▀██████▀                █
    ██████▄█▌              ██
   █████████             ▄██▌
    █▀ ▀█████ █▄ ▐▄  ▄█████▀
         ▀███████ ██▄▄███▀
           ▀▀█████████▀
.CoinDragon.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
..No.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
             ▄▄██████▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄████████████
 ▄███████████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
     ██  ▄▄   ██  ▄▄   ██
     ██  ██   ██  ██   ██
     ██  ██   ██  ██   ██
     ▀▀  ██   ▀▀  ██   ▀▀
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
Competitions
& Tournaments
for All
nekorakoeora

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2018, 08:36:47 AM

KYC is indeed regarded as apocryphal. identity theft is considered dangerous in this regard and the bounty hunter regret it of course. Moreover, the system from your own KYC indeed less fitting if applied in the bounty because of bounty is not part of a customer.

S A N T A   C O I N     |     HYPER DEFLATIONARY COIN WITH REFLECTIONS IN BUSD
|     T W I T T E R     |     T E L E G R A M     |     M E D I U M     |
████  ███████████████  ██  █   BUY SANTA   █  ██  ███████████████  ████
stue

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 08:58:05 AM

If the KYC is used to cheat, I don't think there will be an ICO collaborating with KYC. Because the community will automatically stay away from and avoid ICOs that use KYC. But this is not the case, KYC is quite helpful for some ICOs to be able to launch their actions in achieving their goals of success. Because KYC can minimize the participants who want to cheat.
WalterGarrison

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 09:03:05 AM

I don't agree with you. Yes, it's become harder, but. There are a lot of people who create a LOT of fake accounts with a fake followers. So, they take money those, who are really hard working and try to get their few tokens. With a KYC  become less frauders and a fake accounts, so the pools become larger for those who are trying hard. And I agree with that rule. For now I choose bounty from Huobi Russia. And they are really very interesting. And promissing. So I will load my drivers license to pass KYC. It's not hard for me.
Tervelatuk

Activity: 636
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 09:22:57 AM

If the KYC is used to cheat, I don't think there will be an ICO collaborating with KYC. Because the community will automatically stay away from and avoid ICOs that use KYC. But this is not the case, KYC is quite helpful for some ICOs to be able to launch their actions in achieving their goals of success. Because KYC can minimize the participants who want to cheat.
actually what is the problem with KYC verification? why community should stay away from projects that used KYC ? isnt it will help them if someday this projects has problem with regulator?
cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 09:29:40 AM

To my understanding, KYC simply means "Know your customer". Investors(customers) who participate in ICO are made to go through the KYC process before they are even allowed to purchase their tokens. On the other hand, Bounty hunters are just "part-time workers" of the project and not customers. Even if they will be made to go through a KYC process, it should be before they start working and not after. Waiting for them to finish working for the project and refusing to pay them because they failed to pass KYC afterwards is a total cheat.
It is a good thing that you've brought up this issue. What I think about this is what is the real purpose why they do that? Is it beneficial to the Bounty Hunters or not? I think they are eliminating those Bounty Hunters that use multiple accounts or fraudulent accounts. I guess we should set an agreement and we must meet halfway with the team or Bounty Managers about this.
HyughA

Activity: 191
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 09:48:31 AM

This KYC is actually a project procedure that they manage, so if someone thinks KYC is only for fraud, it's better to just ignore it, look for projects that you think are easy without procedures. I myself don't really care about KYC, but at least I understand what I have to do, if that includes the procedure.

The Bank Independent Network for the  
▲ Blockchain Generation  ▲ (https://bincoins.io/#livechat)
Dacosta Osei-Tutu (OP)

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 01:17:09 AM

Sometimes you might even forget to follow up on the project and before you realize, the KYC period has already passed and you can't do anything than to watch your hard earned coins go away just like that.
Rockkey

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 02:59:29 AM

The author of this topic writes good things because he is trying to prevent and protect people from making mistakes, but he forgets about one essential point - we can not always accurately determine when the bull trend ends and the bear trend begins, therefore most people cannot take measures to avoid problems.
Aldrinx00

Activity: 882
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 03:13:57 AM

I think it's not a problem for bounty hunters to do kyc if it is written on the rules upfront, it is not that hard to do kyc if you have documents etc. However the problem arises when they will announced that bounty hunters need to do kyc only after the bounty campaign ends, in a way it is cheating.

Gatsby club

Activity: 406

keyTango

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 03:22:37 AM

My experience of participating in several projects where identification was required in general, it can be called negative because most of these projects later turned out to be a scam. Because of this, I have a very negative attitude towards KYC. I think that many other people have the same opinion about this procedure.

shaheer001

Activity: 1274
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2019, 03:29:25 AM

There should e limit of investment or bounty rewards if any one cross the limit then he/she must approve his/her KYC and the project must clearly write in whitepaper about said rule.

nonbody

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

2local[IEO] - https://2local.io/

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 05:34:06 AM

I think it is not wise to participate in the project's bounty activities with KYC rules, because you can't confirm whether you can pass the KYC test later.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌
██████▀▐███████████████
░░▀███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

2local
Sustainability and Prosperity.
Pre sale is going on
...J O I N...
...Whitepaper...
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌

I   E   O IN Livecoin.net  Probit  P2pPb2b from 11/02/2020
2local Sale
kumala_abi

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 05:40:34 AM

I think it is not wise to participate in the project's bounty activities with KYC rules, because you can't confirm whether you can pass the KYC test later.
each people has their own opinion about it.moreover for bounty manager and developers team.this stage just to minimize the cheater in their bounty campaign and project.if one people hold too many coins freely its dangerous for price.

████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
martabaktelor

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 06:44:48 AM

KYC is now often used for participants taking part in the Bounty. I personally have several Bounty projects that I follow using KYC and that is not a problem because I still get tokens. But it's not all genuine KYC and you have to be careful.
mammoniter

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2019, 07:04:10 AM

Yes I agree with that. KYC should be made before the bounty hunter start their task so if ever they failed, they will no longer accepted on the campaign. It should not be done after the campaign because they might end up not getting anything if they failed to pass the KYC process. Its actually a good thing for both investors and bounty hunters to avoid cheaters but it should be done properly.

gegewojinnian18

Activity: 385

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 07:58:12 AM

Yes, many ICOs nowadays, even those who need KYC, may still be a scam. I don't want to hand over my KYC to scammers. Sometimes KYC is also a deliberate obstacle for the participants to prevent participants get paid.
The current ICO is rarely worthy of our trust, so don't provide your KYC easily, otherwise it is likely to be used by the bad guys.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: