Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:39:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC is simply just to cheat bounty hunters.  (Read 79922 times)
rltim555

Activity: 451
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 04:31:54 PM

It is not true, because some participants can become your customers and others can operate as your investors.
Another reason is that exchanges have this requirement of passed KYC
maldini

Activity: 952
Merit: 308

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 06:53:37 AM

sometimes there are those who use cheating like that, but in my opinion if you fulfill all the rules given you will definitely pass in kyc, unless the ICO is a fraud and you have to report it
xeltran
Copper Member

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 06:56:43 AM

there is no problem on providing kyc as long as on the start you know that you will be needing one, and they should atleast lower their requirements for kyc cause some bounty hunter force to just be a hunter due to they cant invest cause the main thing kyc need is passport one of the hardest and complicated things to get other than that im fine with kyc as long as its easy to pass

vinbentrob

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 06:57:28 AM

Sometimes,  KYC requirement is very necessary from bounty hunters.  The jurisdiction of where a project is situated may ask that projects get the KYC of people they are dealing with and p project may not have choice but to ask for KYC!

btcyoda

Activity: 644

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 07:01:41 AM

It is not true, because some participants can become your customers and others can operate as your investors.
Another reason is that exchanges have this requirement of passed KYC

Yes, now a days most of the exchanges are asking for KYC for withdrawing and depositing the withdrawals. Now most of the companies are asking KYC in order to distribute the bounties because many people are using multiple accounts to cheat the company, in this way, they will control the cheaters.
Kool5

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

”Decentralized Digital Billboards”

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 07:01:54 AM

I think that passing KYC is not necessary. KYC is one way to deceive investors, bounty hunters and not give them rewards for their company. It makes me nervous and therefore I am skeptical about it.

цeнтp] ◣ Stake.com ◥
«Stake 2 - Игpaй yмнee»
12+ Peжимы игpы | Дocтaтoчнo чecтнo | Eжeднeвныe paздaчи
GDragon

Activity: 658
Merit: 126

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 07:02:02 AM

I feel you bro, as a student complying the requirements is so hard, in the end my work goes nothing. I respect the decision of the team but please do your job specifically.

Gabteb

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 07:06:59 AM

Why you wait for it ask your manager before start if needs KYC or not and other question you need to know if any bounty manger doesnt give you answers then dont join bounty.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications

testadimerlo

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 07:08:51 AM

Performing the KYC procedure for airdrop or bounties is crazy. Better look elsewhere.
silver23

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 07:10:10 AM

Yeah i a gree with you.
Because if you think our private ID is knowing by other company.
I am afraid because it possible to used my ID to other benefit company self.
SabrinaBianka

Activity: 633
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 07:10:30 AM

To my understanding, KYC simply means "Know your customer". Investors(customers) who participate in ICO are made to go through KYC process before they are even allowed to purchase their tokens. On the other hand, Bounty hunters are just "part time workers" of the project and not customers. Even if they will be made to go through a KYC process, it should be before they start working and not after. Waiting for them to finish working for the project and refusing to pay them because they failed to pass KYC afterwards is a total cheat.
No, If you didn't followed their new rules of course you are not allow to claim the bounty reward because you didn't follow. But once you've followed their new rules you can claim smoothly the bounty reward. In the first thing why they're late to announce its because they didn't know in the beginning on the campaign, But now the bounty need a KYC, Are need to fill KYC first before to join. Just follow the simple rules and then you can participate smoothly.
grifinmch

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 07:10:41 AM

some of the bounties indeed much have always given notice regarding required KYC and does not start at the beginning. but sometimes there is also a regulatory revamp their bounty and it indeed feels is unfair because it does not correspond to the initial agreement. and of course even worse if it is not given then it will not be paid. This system may look good but when notified from the outset would be better.
Vektrum

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 07:27:20 AM

To my understanding, KYC simply means "Know your customer". Investors(customers) who participate in ICO are made to go through KYC process before they are even allowed to purchase their tokens. On the other hand, Bounty hunters are just "part time workers" of the project and not customers. Even if they will be made to go through a KYC process, it should be before they start working and not after. Waiting for them to finish working for the project and refusing to pay them because they failed to pass KYC afterwards is a total cheat.
Yes, for bounty hunters, KYC checking is now a big problem. I agree that it should not be held at all for bounty hunters, as they are not investors in ICO projects. In this regard, ICO teams are exceeding their authority.
As for the requirement for bounty hunters to undergo such testing without prior arrangement, at the end of the ICO campaign, this should generally be considered fraudulent actions by the ICO team. Here there is a clear deception so that parts of bounty hunters do not pay out the tokens they earn.
mimienamphine

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 07:35:44 AM

Well, I do not know why you are making this statement maybe you have had a bad experience or felt cheated before due to a KYC process but I think that it is high time we make KYC a normal procedure that will help us to regulate the cryptocurrency industry and lead to mainstream adoption. The challenge only comes in when some bounty managers hide under KYC and try not distribute tokens to hunters claiming that they did not pass KYC.

Cryptoguru274

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2018, 07:35:52 AM

I think your analogy about KYC is quite correct,KYC is not supposed to affect the bounty hunters because they are not investors,many projects manager use KYC to deprive bounty hunters of their token rewards. This is unacceptable.

ityandsyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 07:37:48 AM

If it is not included in the rules at the start well you're correct but if it was informed and was included in instruction sheet then that is fairly of both sides and that's one way of controlling multiple accounts in one campaign .
R9s

Activity: 406

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 07:49:24 AM

I agree with you, I think KYC can't protect the business well, but it can reveal the privacy of our hunters, which is very unfair to us!

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
team.taoist

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 07:53:15 AM

From the very start ask your bounty manager if the rules are already firm and final.

But the sad thing is before you are going to ask them, you'll see one rule that allowed them to change any rule as they wish.

Agree, it's the final rule!
But on the other hand, why need KYC for a bounty program? I cannot see the point.
iwamoto77

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 08:07:12 AM

I agree with Dacosta Osei-Tutu, if you pass the KYC at the beginning of the bounty of the company,which indicates the seriousness of the problem,and if the KYC in the "bounty" after all the work done it is like a hoax. Although I am generally opposed to the bounty hunters passed KYC.
craked5

Activity: 840
Merit: 529

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 08:12:09 AM

if want cryptocurrency to become real money it should be legal. that is why most of good projects use KYC procedure for all token holders.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: