Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:17:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC is simply just to cheat bounty hunters.  (Read 79922 times)
Krismanto

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 08:03:46 AM

Many people interpret that KYC is fraud. Now, more and more projects are gifted using KYC and if you don't pass KYC, there is no reward. This certainly makes us afraid to upload our personal data. Because if this is used for crime, it will certainly endanger us.

gegewojinnian18

Activity: 385
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 08:07:09 AM

KYC is just a gimmick, it can also be deceived. So now the investment to leave ICO is the safest. At present, the pressure on cryptocurrency is very high, so the risk of investing in ICO is great. The cryptocurrency market has lost a large number of investors.

various

Activity: 854
Merit: 267

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2018, 08:07:30 AM

To my understanding, KYC simply means "Know your customer". Investors(customers) who participate in ICO are made to go through KYC process before they are even allowed to purchase their tokens. On the other hand, Bounty hunters are just "part time workers" of the project and not customers. Even if they will be made to go through a KYC process, it should be before they start working and not after. Waiting for them to finish working for the project and refusing to pay them because they failed to pass KYC afterwards is a total cheat.

The first question i asked the manager of bounty campaign i joined was: Is the KYC necessary? Usually they say no, but they can want KYC later. KYC should not be a must for me bounty hunters.

sirengutou

Activity: 364

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 08:09:18 AM

I think so too, because many KYC projects only require me to provide privacy and will not give me any rewards! So I no longer believe in the ICO project that requires KYC to validate participation!

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
madzarux

Activity: 60
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2018, 08:10:54 AM

IMO, KYC goes against one of the core principles of crypto currencies; privacy.  Being able to be involved without prying eyes tracking and watching your every move.  I believe they started mainly with ICO’s, to an extent one could understand why ICO projects are required to do KYC but I can never understand why airdrop or bounty projects will require KYC.  When I see such setup, I automatically get very suspicious of the project, they are either data farming or something else untoward.
Henrobakkara

Activity: 1512
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 08:11:23 AM

sometimes I also think so because I see some projects not paying bounty participants on the grounds that they did not pass KYC, and I don't know whether they really did not pass KYC or it was only used as an excuse to issue small allocation
kokrokok

Activity: 447
Merit: 11

Koinomo

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 08:15:25 AM

for the first time now I'm joining a bounty that requires participants to do KYC and I don't know whether it will get the payments I've made so far or not, I can see when ICO from project I'm following is now complete

royalfestus

Activity: 2408
Merit: 516

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 08:20:04 AM

Many projects start demanding at the end of KYC not to pay hunters. Then you find out that the project will be scam. And your data will merge into the Internet.

I will never supported the idea of introducing KYC towards the distribution of bounty token, It is fraudulent and should be prevented on the forum, It must have been part of the opening notice for registration. I am never against KYC, I just ensure that all document requested should adequate protected safely. Now that the era of ICO is about getting to an end, more of KYC might be needed for token holders before listing.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
snedyolo

Activity: 226
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 08:23:04 AM

The KYC is to stop the bounty abuser,
But I also think that it isn't a good thing because the scammer could get a lot of personal info.

Wulan

Activity: 285
Merit: 101

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2018, 08:30:27 AM

yes, KYC is only to prove the truth to recognize airdrop customers and hunters, but for me who likes to airdrop it is troublesome for me because it is too complicated, if it is confirmed and can be rewarded it is not a problem but if not there is only failure . especially if the customers who want to join the project if KYC fails the risk they will not be rewarded instead,

► EzyStayz ◄ ♦ A Global Holiday Rental Platform Powered by Crypto ♦ ► EzyStayz ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Facebook|Telegram|Instagram|Youtube
dentolas

Activity: 854
Merit: 12

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 08:32:01 AM

When joining a bounty I always ask first about the kyc, but it is useless as I have just found on Alfa-Enzo bounty in which I have asked the founder directly before doing the bounty and there was no kyc required. After the bounty is done, they have changed the rules and now kyc is required.
It is a total joke that bounty hunters have to share their personal ids for a project that can fail, can be scam, etc... especially with KYC documents dfor sale on the dark web... and in exchange tor a handfull of tokens that most of times are worthless
I understand that there are many cheaters and useless bounty hunters that need to be cut off... but this way they'll be also cutting off a lot of serious people...

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
gowobonyok

Activity: 490
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 02:49:28 AM

if in my opinion if the Kyc process is easy, it's not a big problem for me as a bounty hunter. if at the end of the period there were cyclics for participants, and the process was very difficult and even sent valid documents, that was cheating.
rommelo24
Copper Member

Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 03:55:14 AM

To my understanding, KYC simply means "Know your customer". Investors(customers) who participate in ICO are made to go through KYC process before they are even allowed to purchase their tokens. On the other hand, Bounty hunters are just "part time workers" of the project and not customers. Even if they will be made to go through a KYC process, it should be before they start working and not after. Waiting for them to finish working for the project and refusing to pay them because they failed to pass KYC afterwards is a total cheat.

For KYC is not needed it only creates problems since a person needs to send in his private information. But i cannot blame ICO's that requires KYC because nowadays there are so many scam and false account.
karmapala

Activity: 135
Merit: 1

https://darbfinance.com/

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 03:58:13 AM

yes right I agree with your opinion you should give clear terms and conditions for bounty hunters at the beginning before the hanter bounty works so that there is no disappointment between deavteam and bounty hunter. and mutual sportsmanship

⚫Darb   /   World’s first blockchainasset platform for everyone
https://darbfinance.com/
BoxerRobert
Copper Member

Activity: 350
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 04:00:03 AM

Not all the ICO .there is some ico doing this kind of job and also market condition need to understand.
babyxxbaby

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 06:25:20 AM

I agree with the author. KYC is the remnants of the past. But even if it is introduced it must take place before participation and not after as is happening now. Anyway why you need the KYC for participants? After all, the work was done and advertising led to the project of new investors. Why the ICO projects are unable to understand it?
vigos

Activity: 260

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 10:08:02 AM

I tend to agree with OP's point of view, because in my opinion, KYC is only for investors, because it may involve ICO bans in some countries, but now there are some bounty and KYC verification of their participants. This looks very ridiculous, so my understanding is that this is just a deceptive way of disguising, just to extract free labor.

dedocry

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 10:14:10 AM

not only. Kyc is very good opportunity to collect the data, I would say for free

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
vigos

Activity: 260

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 10:17:18 AM

not only. Kyc is very good opportunity to collect the data, I would say for free

Yes, this may be the truth. I just forgot to say it. In fact, I always think that KYC may be a conspiracy of some scammers. They get huge profits by collecting free KYC information and selling it on the black market, bounty participants lost more valuable things just because of a little bit of interest, and exposed their personal information to certain risks.

bootlace

Merit: 100

Justice as a Service Infrastructure

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 10:28:30 AM

yes, I am with you. I think completely the same. In my opinion KYC request  is not make any sense right now

J U R      |      The Justice as a Service Infrastructure      |      JUR ALLIANCE                      ═════════════════
      SMART LEGAL AGREEMENT.  ESCROW.  DECENTRALIZED DISPUTE RESOLUTION.        ║  JOIN JUR PRESALE  ║     
 ●         WHITEPAPER         TECH PAPER         GITHUB         MEDIUM         TELEGRAM                 ═════════════════
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: