Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:19:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC is simply just to cheat bounty hunters.  (Read 79922 times)
Cianix

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 10:35:33 AM

In most cases of course when introduced by accident it is sad and of course most hunters do not pass , and if at the beginning it was known that there was a kyc it is for the better I can say)

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Mommynigabby

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 10:36:00 AM

To my understanding, KYC simply means "Know your customer". Investors(customers) who participate in ICO are made to go through KYC process before they are even allowed to purchase their tokens. On the other hand, Bounty hunters are just "part time workers" of the project and not customers. Even if they will be made to go through a KYC process, it should be before they start working and not after. Waiting for them to finish working for the project and refusing to pay them because they failed to pass KYC afterwards is a total cheat.

I hate doing KYC too. It kind of defeat the purpose of being in the cryptocurrency world when you have to hand over your details just like that. And yes youre right most specially for bounty hunters. I find it easy to submit and get approved though. but yeah it's hard to trust them with those important details of your identity. We'll just pray and hope that they don't use those for illegal purposes.
adrianto1995

Activity: 714
Merit: 160

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 10:36:08 AM

KYC is probably fine to fill if the project you have joined is legit. KYC is also good for minimizing the number of cheaters who joined the ICO or bounty. But, remember never filled the KYC on AIRDROPS. Airdrops at this time only worth for penny...
tterrorpipa

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2018, 10:36:55 PM

I believe it is only required for the investors, especially big investors. But if the team decides to include the bounty hunter for this requirement, then you have no choice but to cooperate. Always ask the bounty manager for any possible kyc requirements before joining on their bounty campaign.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
pocketfullofpoke

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

www.daxico.com

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 10:57:19 PM

While KYC is giving some bounty hunters headache to get approval of their KYC requirements, it's also giving some SCAM ICOs opportunities to earn profit out from submitted IDs from bounty participants as they are selling the information to other entities. The only thing that i really like about KYC is that it avoids abusive bounty hunters enrolling multiple accounts in a campaign.

Xardasim

Activity: 1624
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 11:10:16 PM

While KYC is giving some bounty hunters headache to get approval of their KYC requirements, it's also giving some SCAM ICOs opportunities to earn profit out from submitted IDs from bounty participants as they are selling the information to other entities. The only thing that i really like about KYC is that it avoids abusive bounty hunters enrolling multiple accounts in a campaign.
KYC has 2 goals:
1. Bringing several account users into a difficult situation. (This can also be done with the neighbor's ID. That is why I do not think it works so well.)
2. Finding ones from restricted countries. (But I can say it worked very well for that. Even if you use a VPN, it is impossible to change ID.)
m0Ray

Activity: 868
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 11:47:34 AM

No. KYC is thus requirements, which impose regulatory bodies to projects , to collect money with the help of ICO. It's normal situation.
Diva1993
Copper Member

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

Custom Contract Network (CCN)

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 06:53:07 PM

I ma a bounty hunter and I do not believe that KYC is invented the o cheat bounty hunters sometimes it's about regulation but other times, it's to get rid of cheaters, I noticed that bounties with KYC tend to attract a lesser number of cheaters.

Bomber007
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

Velic Ecosystem

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 07:18:04 PM

When I read this post, my first instinct was to laugh but then I decided to look at it from another perspective and I saw what you mean, there are crooked projects owners out there but you have to consider that not all of them are crooked.

shooleh

Activity: 616

Personal Text: Revolusi industri erotis di Blockc

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 07:38:14 PM

After a few months, a bounty campaign was carried out and the project was completed. But at the end of the project, Bounty participants were asked to do KYC and this naturally disappointed me. This KYC must be notified at the beginning of the campaign so we also prepare what is needed for KYC. However, there are many parties who are hard to believe because we are afraid that this KYC will only be used for fraud.

RachelX ✦ 
❝ THE REVOLUTION OF THE EROTIC INDUSTRY
WHITEPAPER ✤ ─────  FacebookTwitterInstagram ⋆  Telegram ⋆  YouTube ⋆  LinkedIn  ───── ✤ BUY RACH
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 08:02:50 PM

This is becoming rampant this days especially in many ico that lucky to reach above softcap. one they see that amount allocated for bounty is huge then they may change their bounty rules in order to deprive some people their token that is being earn during campaign. I am not against KYC but when it was suddenly make compulsory for bounty hunters is what i dont like
CryptoAlphaStar

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 08:07:19 PM

Not exactly the case, OP!
From regulatory perspective every beneficiary of a token from the token issuance should be verified. It is in the grey whether bounty hunters should go through KYC, and the ICO teams prefer to play it safe and require it just in case.
I agree, that whether KYC will be required from bounty hunters should be annouced prior to starting the bounty campaign, though.
CoinCollect

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 09:47:06 PM

At the moment, most of the bounty companies, participating in which it is necessary to pass the KYC, are good. It all depends on how you choose ICO. Fraudsters can be determined, it is impossible to understand whether the project can survive. I think that in the future the passage of KYC will be mandatory for each bounty company.
nemesio

Activity: 253

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 10:52:24 AM

To my understanding, KYC simply means "Know your customer". Investors(customers) who participate in ICO are made to go through KYC process before they are even allowed to purchase their tokens. On the other hand, Bounty hunters are just "part time workers" of the project and not customers. Even if they will be made to go through a KYC process, it should be before they start working and not after. Waiting for them to finish working for the project and refusing to pay them because they failed to pass KYC afterwards is a total cheat.

I never understood why the workers ( bounty hunters) to pass identification. We are not investors, but simply perform services to promote the company, no more. How can we be affected by laws?
o.ogurlu

Activity: 910
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2018, 11:28:27 AM

I usually not joining with the bounty campaigns that want KYC. Because I can't trust new projects because of the scam projects in the market. However, some country-based projects, unfortunately, even for bounty campaigns have to ask for KYC. Because they have to report even the smallest payments. So, although I don't join, I can't criticize some KYC-seeking bounty campaigns.
1993jochico

Activity: 364
Merit: 46

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 11:34:47 AM

But the sad thing is before you are going to ask them, you'll see one rule that allowed them to change any rule as they wish.
Thats really the sad part of every bounty, they can easily change the rules to what they want but for me there is no problem on KYC because its the companies like if you dont like their rules at first then you can easily ignore it.

KolayZdun

Activity: 434
Merit: 12

”Decentralized Digital Billboards”

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 11:48:53 AM

I don't understand why people are so bad about KYC. Quite a useful thing, proving the seriousness of the company and helping to remove bots from the company. I always pass it if the company and payments suit me.

vhns222

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 12:14:44 PM

So make sure can be done your KYC or no then join bounty some users even dont try it afther joining but wait and try do it before distripution of tokens and then start to cry.

cupruri
Copper Member

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 12:26:29 PM

I do not think that this process was created to cheat all the hunters. I think it was created to protect honest bounty hunters from scammers that are using multi accounts to get more rewards. Every ICO and bounty programme should have a KYC process integrated.
likit123

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 12:56:30 PM

The KYC procedure scares bounty hunters. I do not want to open my data in front of little-known people. For investors, perhaps this procedure is necessary to avoid fraud.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: