Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:36:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC is simply just to cheat bounty hunters.  (Read 79922 times)
ryap12

Activity: 700
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 08:02:21 AM

Sometimes a surprise KYC for me is the best option to get rid of those who farms in bounty hunting by submitting multiple participation. It's unfair for those who genuinely joined the bounty. KYC may even increase the reward pool as there will only be a few remaining people to get paid.
arkawa040

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 08:45:48 AM

To my understanding, KYC simply means "Know your customer". Investors(customers) who participate in ICO are made to go through KYC process before they are even allowed to purchase their tokens. On the other hand, Bounty hunters are just "part time workers" of the project and not customers. Even if they will be made to go through a KYC process, it should be before they start working and not after. Waiting for them to finish working for the project and refusing to pay them because they failed to pass KYC afterwards is a total cheat.
I agree with you completely, if you enter KYC announce it from the very beginning of the launch of the bounty project, but you see them protected by the factor that in the conditions they have written that they can change the conditions at any time, and so we are powerless.
Mianae

Activity: 798

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 08:54:23 AM

We shouldn't take it that way, we all should look at it from the angle that such projects might be trying to be GDPR compliant to ensure they abide by the laws and to also checkmate people investing to make sure they're allowed by law to take part in cryptocurrencies.
karthcrypt

Activity: 266

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 09:00:56 AM

Not necessarily,  I think there may be need for KYC sometimes because of regulations, security laws etc.  KYC from bounty hunters may be required to determine the expense of a project and filing of a report to authority.

ToniJu

Activity: 173

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 09:03:07 AM

I am only willing to participate in some KYC projects that have already joined the exchange, because this will give me a greater chance of getting rewards.

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
Mianae

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 07:53:07 AM

I am only willing to participate in some KYC projects that have already joined the exchange, because this will give me a greater chance of getting rewards.
It's always good to join projects already listed on exchanges as it gives one an assurance that they can sell when they want. Some projects never get to the exchange and some takes forever to be listed on any exchange at all.
Felic43

Activity: 406
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 08:03:57 AM

I totally disagree with you mate if we are really honest with ourself i don't think kyc will be introduced, and i see kyc just to verified the truth about bounty hunters

P2PS TOKEN ▐ ▌ CREATING A WORLDWIDE NETWORK OF DIGITAL SERVICES
▰▰▰▰▰▰  BUY P2PS TOKEN!  [ SUBSCRIBE ]  ▰▰▰▰▰▰ (https://www.p2psf.org/)
RobotNIK

Activity: 280

ADAB Solutions First crypto exchange Islamic Cryp

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 12:41:09 PM

That's right.  But if you want to collect your reward, you still have to go through it!

ADAB Solutions
 First crypto exchange Islamic Crypto Exchange
http://www.adabsolutions.com
SeemanLamem

Activity: 296

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 12:45:02 PM

I concur with the creator. KYC is the remainders of the past. Be that as it may, regardless of whether it is presented it must occur before cooperation and not after as is going on now. In any case why you require the KYC for members? All things considered, the work was done and promoting prompted the venture of new speculators. Why the ICO ventures can't comprehend it?
Fire Rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 01:28:36 PM

To be frank, I really dont know why icos want bounty hunters to pass kyc. I know that some jurisdictions ask for the source
of investments from ico firms. But none of the jurisdictions will ask bounty hunters details from ico firms. May be to find multiple account participants. Grin

.USD Stablecoin Aggregator.                                              ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                            ▄▀      ▄
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █        █
          ▄▄▀▀▀             ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▄   ▄▀       █
  ▄     ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▄      ▀▀▄▄   █  █       ▄
▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █ ▄▄ █         ▀ ▄        ▀▀▄█▀▀        █
█ █▄ ▀ ▄█ ▀▄▄▄▄▀   █  ▄    ▀▄        ▄          ▄▄
█ ██               █  █     █   ▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▄          █
█ ▀ ▄▄            █   █   ██▀▀▀     ▄ █▀▀▄       █
 ▀▀   ▀▄       ▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀ █    █      ▀
         ▀█▄▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀         ▄▀▀▀  ▄▀      ▀▄     █
               ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▀          █    ▀
                                               ▀▀█▄▄▄█
.BabelFish.█▀▀▀▀▀▀
█      ▀
 █        █      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  █       ▀▄   ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀             ▀▀▀▄▄
  ▀▄       █  █   ▄▄▀▀      ▄▀         ▄▄▄▄ ▀▄     ▄
   █        ▀▀█▀▀        ▄ ▀         █ ▄▄ █  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀
   ▀▄▄          ▄        ▄▀    ▄  █   ▀▄▄▄▄▀ █▄ ▀ ▄█ █
   █          ▄▀ ▀▀▀▄▄   █     █  █               ██ █
   █       ▄▀▀█ ▄     ▀▀▀██   █   █            ▄▀▄ ▀ █
  ▄█      █    █ ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀  ▀▀▄▄█▄  ▀▄▄       ▄▀   ▀
  █     ▄▀      ▀▄  ▀▀▀▄         ▀▄▄▄ ▀▄▄▄▄█▀
 ▄▀    █          ▀▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
█▄▄▄█▀▀
.FISH token sale at Sovryn.████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
cjie

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 01:41:24 PM

To my understanding, KYC simply means "Know your customer". Investors(customers) who participate in ICO are made to go through KYC process before they are even allowed to purchase their tokens. On the other hand, Bounty hunters are just "part time workers" of the project and not customers. Even if they will be made to go through a KYC process, it should be before they start working and not after. Waiting for them to finish working for the project and refusing to pay them because they failed to pass KYC afterwards is a total cheat.

You are very correct. I have been cheated several times because of KYC. Even when you have the correct documents they will still tell you unrealistic excuses. Any project with KYC on their bounty I don't participate any more, they are a bunch of deceivers except a very few numbers of them. If not they have an interior motive they would have allowed the bounty hunters to participate on the KYC before the bounty itself.
lavoncoin88
Copper Member

Activity: 109
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 01:54:44 PM

The campaign shows everything in there bounty thread specifically the rules. As a bounty hunters we should review first as we observe most bounty program do the rules if kyc is mandatory or not and when is the last filling of kyc, mostly we we find the full info of kyc in the bounty telegram group. Its our responsibility to do kyc if needed because the campaign give long time to file kyc if needed. The kyc is a common requirement in a bounty campaign so we should prepare on it always. Let me add this, ICO's do kyc to bounty hunters do avoid cheaters on the campaign, several times theres so many cheaters in bounty so they just making sure for that thing.
dobolspeed3

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 02:05:49 PM

I have said many times, that KYC is only a condition if for investors. But if for bounty hunters, KYC is used if needed by the project. Actually it doesn't matter if the KYC is used by bounty hunters. So that cheating participants can be overcome.
Mianae

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 05:34:19 AM

I think it's not a problem for bounty hunters to do kyc if it is written on the rules upfront, it is not that hard to do kyc if you have documents etc. However the problem arises when they will announced that bounty hunters need to do kyc only after the bounty campaign ends, in a way it is cheating.
I feel, provided the rules is stated in the first place, it shouldn't be a big deal for participants to take part in it as they already agreed to the terms and conditions before joining the said campaign.
Cianix

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 04:12:11 PM

I think it's not a problem for bounty hunters to do kyc if it is written on the rules upfront, it is not that hard to do kyc if you have documents etc. However the problem arises when they will announced that bounty hunters need to do kyc only after the bounty campaign ends, in a way it is cheating.
I feel, provided the rules is stated in the first place, it shouldn't be a big deal for participants to take part in it as they already agreed to the terms and conditions before joining the said campaign.
Kyc is certainly not difficult , but sometimes you want to advance warning than the end , for me for example no problem to pass kyc of course people problem

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
benjamin11

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 03:04:15 PM

If thats the case, then I think its definitely cheating. If at the start of the campaign, there are no announcements or whatsoever about KYC, then after the campaign there was a sudden announcement about it, thats the time it becomes unfair for the bounty hunters. KYC should be announced before the campaign starts so the bounty hunter has the option to join or not knowing there is a KYC.
Jimitieu

Activity: 141

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 03:10:15 PM

Kyc is certainly not difficult , but sometimes you want to advance warning than the end , for me for example no problem to pass kyc of course people problem
You will not have any problems if you have a full passport visa and identity card. There are a lot of people here for different reasons, so I don't like KYC, and I myself do. I felt uncomfortable when my information was revealed to the outside

billy.ryoko

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 03:11:25 PM

Yes, I agreed to you, I don't know why the bounty hunter need to pass the KYC then get paid, they are the promoter of this project, is not the investors in it, nonsense to submit my personal data to the unknow project, it was so many scams ICO and bounties at this moment, I will skip all about it.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
sanacaks

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2019, 05:06:58 PM

I agree. Project managers do not clearly explain the rules first. At the end of the project, KYC imposes obligations. This is clearly a scam. Bounty hunters following a project for months cannot get the coins they deserve.
In my opinion, this is done on purpose.

SOVREN  ─────  Trade. Pay. Borrow. Play.
Blockchain Innovation for Securities Markets
          [  https://sovren.app/  ]
valek.bruno

Activity: 728
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 05:42:34 PM

The KYC process is a real threat to data. Therefore, I think that we need to somehow prove this fact that integrated the SEC, although the need for KYC was probably invented not only by the SEC, I think that this is just a temporary measure today.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: