Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:22:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC is simply just to cheat bounty hunters.  (Read 79922 times)
Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 05:55:14 PM

KYC is needed to exclude cheaters from participation. On the other hand, bounty rewards usually aren't so huge to implement a required KYC. Therefore, I also think that it's not necessary for bounty hunters.
if the payment received is balanced with the document provided, I don't think it is a problem as long as the document has no misuse. but true to your word, many bounty campaigns do not pay their participants properly. therefore KYC does not really need to be done for everything that is very inappropriate.

Well yes. If the project shows that he is serious, everyone will be happy to go through KYC. But no one wants to send data to fraudsters. I have already passed KYC many times, but I have not received more than half of the coins.

Im happy to go throught KYC , what the worst thing can happen with my Driving license and adress ? Somebody will take out loan or what in another country ? KYC for bounty hunters is really necesary as there is so many cheaters with multiple accounts . No wonder why projects cut bounty pool and freeze tokens as people are greedy ...
The fact is that after the appearance of KYC checks against bounty hunters, unscrupulous ICO teams had a very good opportunity not to pay out many earned tokens. In the course are various options for cheating. After the end of the ICO, they postpone the KYC inspection for many months, and then they set literally a week to complete it and many do not even have time to learn that it is time to pass the KYC inspection. After all, we are participating simultaneously in many ICO campaigns and every day not everyone can turn over hundreds of messages in telegrams. There are a lot of tricks here, especially technical ones. In the end, we are convinced that it is our fault and do not pay out the earned tokens.
However, the most important thing is that checking KYC for bounty hunters is generally illegal. We should not pass such a test. No state requires it.
r_delossa

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 05:58:55 PM

No, it is not, because hunters are likely to cheat. They are using multi accounts to get more rewards from one time campaign like youtube subscription for example. Such guys are getting 20k tokens where a regular reward is 500. It is simply unfair.
martina14

Activity: 1190
Merit: 111

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 06:37:27 PM

How can a KYC a tool to cheat bounty hunters?
If the KYC is only implemented on the bounty participants then it is something fishy.
But if the KYC is being implemented for the whole people of the project even to investors then i cant see anything wrong on the side of the bounty participants.

CryptoIyke
Copper Member

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2019, 07:23:36 PM

I seem to agree with you on this, in as much as KYC is used to know real identity, going as far as asking for proofs of address for bounty hunters it way to far and sometimes ominous task to carry out. I have been a victim of one that I was asked to upload a face video and as well as proof of address which is difficult to obtain and if I had known that KYC will be requiring that much and not just passport I wouldn't have participated but they won't let you know until after bounty.

Genkotsu

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 07:27:15 PM

yeah i agree with that, we are bounty hunter must stop join KYC bounty campain because your ID is unsafe.
look how if your ID is used for some illegal or sell in blackmarket to get ther money.
i stoped join bounty campain that used KYC.

Gabmot

Activity: 686
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 07:59:42 PM

So serious and it's disheartning actually. After one must have worked out his/herself only to discover he/she won't be able to get the deserved rewards
ven7net

Activity: 1946
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 08:08:31 PM

In my practice there were no projects where I would not have passed KYC. Basically, all projects are interested, so that all participants will pass KYC and even if there are problems, then admins help to solve them. I had only 1 project where I could not get through KYC - there it was necessary to film my face through a special application and it was constantly buggy, and I decided to just quit this project. I believe that there is nothing terrible in KYC, every real person will be able to pass it, however KYC should be made as simple and accessible for participants from different countries. And KYC helps to identify participants with fake accounts.
dainoran

Activity: 664
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 08:41:59 PM

KYC is needed to anticipate someone who cheats in following a prize, for example multi accounts, in my opinion, we must follow the rules made by the gift manager so that the prize will be paid by the developer.
Evrolina

Activity: 66
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 08:48:57 PM

Though many feels KYC is a cheat for bounty hunters but that may not be totally true because KYC can help to reduce scam in bounty campaign.
entebah

Activity: 1549
Merit: 153

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 09:08:35 PM

KYC is needed to anticipate someone who cheats in following a prize, for example multi accounts, in my opinion, we must follow the rules made by the gift manager so that the prize will be paid by the developer.
But if your Bounty income is only a few cents, are you not worried about your identity for pennies ? because a lot of information that I read on Google that identity abuse is very widespread on the internet.

smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 05:10:22 AM

To my understanding, KYC simply means "Know your customer". Investors(customers) who participate in ICO are made to go through KYC process before they are even allowed to purchase their tokens. On the other hand, Bounty hunters are just "part time workers" of the project and not customers. Even if they will be made to go through a KYC process, it should be before they start working and not after. Waiting for them to finish working for the project and refusing to pay them because they failed to pass KYC afterwards is a total cheat.

It is a total cheat they know that some bounty hunters will in no way do a KYC and would rather leave the campaign or do not claim their rewards anymore, and because of that they will a surplus of the bounty stakes, I don't trust these people who change their rules so often to their benefit.
daporivera

Activity: 402
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2019, 10:37:27 PM

Waiting for bounty hunter to promote the project first then denying payment due to failure to pass the kyc is so unfair. If at all, KYC won't be eradicated, it should be done before the bounty hunter get involved in promotion just the same way investor are to do KYC before investment

Code:
★      ★   ★     MoonConnect.net     ★   ★      ★
A Crypto with Democratic Token Distribution, Static Reflection and more
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 10:44:04 PM

there is some truth, because bounty hunters do not know if in the end they are required to send KYC as a condition to receive payment, so at least every manager notifies since the beginning of the requirement that it is a healthy way and the projects should make it very transparent just to prove if they are serious about building a project to continue to grow and become bigger in the future

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
Goodvalony

Activity: 616
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 10:50:58 PM

From the very start ask your bounty manager if the rules are already firm and final.

But the sad thing is before you are going to ask them, you'll see one rule that allowed them to change any rule as they wish.

LOLL the same point the  thread made. it is quite heart breaking. i have seen so many people such rules has affected that they have to abandoned crypto hunting. i was force to get a passport and it has been success all the way for some stubborn project.
Goodvalony

Activity: 616
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 10:53:06 PM

For me, i think i can tolerate the KYC because it is an avenue to stomp out cheaters that run double to three accounts. but what i will not tolerate is the request by some project to provide a bank statement as a proof. please some need to ask these people the reason for such request.
zulfi125

Activity: 1382
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 11:22:32 PM

As you know KYC is compulsory for all exchanges and ICO's, according to FATF this will be strict in future that why ICO's demanding KYC from bounty hunters.

lovesybitz

Activity: 868
Merit: 289

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 11:29:46 PM

To my understanding, KYC simply means "Know your customer". Investors(customers) who participate in ICO are made to go through KYC process before they are even allowed to purchase their tokens. On the other hand, Bounty hunters are just "part time workers" of the project and not customers. Even if they will be made to go through a KYC process, it should be before they start working and not after. Waiting for them to finish working for the project and refusing to pay them because they failed to pass KYC afterwards is a total cheat.

KYC I think is depend on the bounty manager, and there are some project that from the bounty thread they already announce already that KYC is required. Now its up to the participants if they want to continue to apply in that campaign. But in some instances there is truth sometimes that kyc was just to cheat bounty, of course if the participants will become reject or declined for it, where do you think will go the allocation token for that participants?
luigi3

Activity: 109
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2019, 11:45:01 PM

Yes it was and i dont know why they do it ,we need to pass kyc for such a small amount of money ,for me bounty hunting is a part time and it unnecessary to pass kyc coz you work on it and didnt do anything so be fair to pay our hardworking in your project.

●  ●  ●    CryptoMarketAds    ●  ●  ●
►  Democratize Crypto Advertising & Marketing  ◄
anggracoin

Activity: 490

freelanex.io

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 11:48:59 PM

The Bounty Manager has the right to change the rules in the middle or at the end of the bounty, but it becomes incorrect if what is changed is related to KYC. KYC is good to avoid cheating participants but should be informed at the beginning of the bounty, so participants do not feel the work is in vain.

halpi

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2019, 11:52:26 PM

You are right. Simply KYC - know your customer. We are a bounty hunter, we are not customers.
Sure thing, that this thing is simple was made to decrease our part, especially in cases when they tell that it time to pass KYC after successful ICO and before it, there was no even a hint about it.

▬▬[  AssetStream.co  ] ▬▬ [ The Global Decentralized Peer To Peer Microfinance Platform] ▬
▌ Replacing Intermediaries With Blockchain Technology▐
▬▬  PUBLIC PRE SALE  - MAY 27th | Twitter | Telegram | Reddit | Medium | ANN Thread | Facebook ▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: