Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:24:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC is simply just to cheat bounty hunters.  (Read 79922 times)
skivrmt

Activity: 994
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 01:15:54 PM

I agree totally with you, KYC should be for investors alone because they are the real customer, and shouldn't be for those that help promote their programs. And if this is going to happen, it should be at the start of participating so that they won't feel cheated if at the end they don't have the requirement for the KYC.
I think that KYC for bounty hunters is made to exclude possible multiple accounts from the participation. But I also agree that KYC should be done at the start to ensure a successful participation.
Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 01:21:54 PM

I don't understand why projects require KYC before paying bounty hunters. It is actually not needed and most bounty hunters fail this KYC and never get their rewards after working hard for a long time.
The fact of the matter is that checking for KYC for unscrupulous ICO teams has become one of the methods of fraud so as not to pay the bounty hunters they earn. After the ICO, it is very easy to create conditions so that you miss something. It happens, after passing through the KYC procedure, after some time, information appears in their telegrams about filling out another minor form. This is at a time when everyone is already sure that KYC is passed and they expect new tokens to appear in their wallets and no one enters their telegrams because they participate in other projects.
There are many ways to deceive, but the essence does not change: checking KYC for bounty hunters is illegal, and conducting it after the end of the ICO is in most cases fraud.
No One

Activity: 417
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 01:45:44 PM

I am also not in favour of providing KYC information. Why a project requires KYC information? who guarantees that your identity is not misused? If there is a guarantee that my identity is not misused, I am ready to provide KYC information. However, the trend of projects requiring KYC information is rising. In my case, I have submitted my KYC information, but the project did not give me any tokens.

StepChain  │  A Responsible Fitness App
dipeco
Copper Member

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 01:52:28 PM

KYC is made to ensure that there were no cheaters among hunters that have used multi accounts to get more tokens. In any case, KYC should be announced before the launch of the bounty programme and not afterwards. Otherwise it is very unfair.
farlack
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 01:56:41 PM

YES, KYC is a method to sort out hunters and cheaters, but sometimes ICOs don't want to pay us money and as a result cheat with hunters.
I am tired of passin KYC, but I have nothing to do and I have to pass
meleonk

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 05:53:09 PM

I am in favor of checking KYC even though I do not like it myself. Now there are a lot of bots in bounty companies and projects should deal with it somehow. But I agree with the author that the company's manager should warn at the outset that there will be a check and not after the end of the bounty.

Mila52

Activity: 1022
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 06:14:08 PM

I think that KYC isn't needed for hunters. Their income is only 2% of the total pool, and this is not such a large amount. Often teams save even on these payments. It's especially unpleasant when KYC is announced to hunters after many months of their work .And some times the team doesn't explain the cause for the rejection of documents to them. I consider that such actions are pushing people into illegal actions and the acquisition of fake scans.
Mikcik

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 08:03:50 PM

It shouls be fairly and clearly mentioned in the bounty thread from the beginning. However, in their bounty rules, they mention that they can change the rules anytime, so, I think from that point, you can't do anything.
Events do not always develop that way. Some bounty do not request KYC beforehand, and you have two choices: either complete the KYC or leave the prize. This has no relevance with being fair.

KYC is currently not an important issue in bounty. Most of the current bounties do not require KYC, but there is one thing that makes me unhappy. These are bounty after finishing, they delay the distribution token, or reduce the pool or change the distribution to make fewer people get the token.
Chomsy
Copper Member

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 08:15:07 PM

To my understanding, KYC simply means "Know your customer". Investors(customers) who participate in ICO are made to go through KYC process before they are even allowed to purchase their tokens. On the other hand, Bounty hunters are just "part time workers" of the project and not customers. Even if they will be made to go through a KYC process, it should be before they start working and not after. Waiting for them to finish working for the project and refusing to pay them because they failed to pass KYC afterwards is a total cheat.

I have seen a case where KYC actually helped bounty hunters. So many hunters now use bots to join bounty thereby flooding campaigns with their fake accounts. On a spreadsheet you will see thousands of entries, meanwhile only a few really did the work. In that case, KYC was used to separate the wheat from the chaff.
mahibul49

Activity: 826

View Profile
May 18, 2019, 08:20:15 PM

yes kyc is bad things for you but not for us!lots of cheap fake bounty use multiple account to cheat fund and thats why kyc is good and i support kyc system.be real and take free money!dont cheat .Smiley

SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 11:45:53 AM

To my understanding, KYC simply means "Know your customer". Investors(customers) who participate in ICO are made to go through KYC process before they are even allowed to purchase their tokens. On the other hand, Bounty hunters are just "part time workers" of the project and not customers. Even if they will be made to go through a KYC process, it should be before they start working and not after. Waiting for them to finish working for the project and refusing to pay them because they failed to pass KYC afterwards is a total cheat.

Indeed, bounty hunters are not the customer of the ICO, they are the supporters of the project.
The most unfair thing is when the kyc rule was not announced at the start of the campaign, but at the end.
As long the rule has been announced in the beginning, hunters can decide to not joining the campaign from start.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ukloon

Activity: 798
Merit: 281

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 01:26:18 PM

This is making bounty hunting very unattractive, when it happens we should set up a scam accusation thread for ICO's that do not report KYC rules up front but do it at the end of the campaign just to prevent them from paying up

Alijiindahaus

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 19, 2019, 08:33:24 PM

This is making bounty hunting very unattractive, when it happens we should set up a scam accusation thread for ICO's that do not report KYC rules up front but do it at the end of the campaign just to prevent them from paying up
In my opinion, it is best to take away KYC on the bitcointalk forum and then to save every participant in the Bounty company from providing personal data to no one.  Perhaps the administration of Bitcointalk in this way will be able to guarantee the safety of passport data of users and the success of work in Bounty companies.
fosco333

Activity: 1260
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 03:43:50 AM

Actually it is not a cheating attempt, if only all of the hunters know about KYC requirement prior joining the bounty.
I participating in bcnex bounty currently, and im aware that i required to submit my KYC docs.
As long as the project is good to go, why not ? I believe my KYC data is worth for this potential project.

Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 04:16:50 AM

There are now many forms of fraud related to KYC verification. So, I participated in the ICO signature campaign, which was conducted by the company Local Trade until September last year ... I was counted a large amount of their LOT tokens. On their website Cryptoa. com I went through registration and two levels of KYC verification with the provision of copies of the required documents and since then I have been waiting for these tokens to be paid there. Periodically went to their group in
ICO telegrams, but there was no information there, except for the repeated greetings of the robot and advertising of other projects. Accidentally went to their other group of telegrams, and it says that even in April, in a short time, you had to write to the e-mail provided with repeated information about yourself. Those who did not write such a letter before April 20 lose the right to remuneration. Isn't that a scam?

We have been waiting for the token accrual for half a year, which should be carried out for some reason on their website, and not in our wallets, as agreed upon when joining the bounty, completed the agreed work, were tested by KYC, we were forced to wait for half a year to pay, and then we came up with writing one more unwanted letter with the expectation that very few people come to their telegram groups after a long-time KYC check and therefore will not pay out the earned tokens to a significant part of the ICO bounty campaigners.

We need to raise this issue and eradicate such forms of fraud in the ICO.

Argoo

Activity: 2282
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 05:10:09 AM

There are now many forms of fraud related to KYC verification. So, I participated in the ICO signature campaign, which was conducted by the company Local Trade until September last year ... I was counted a large amount of their LOT tokens. On their website Cryptoa. com I went through registration and two levels of KYC verification with the provision of copies of the required documents and since then I have been waiting for these tokens to be paid there. Periodically went to their group in
ICO telegrams, but there was no information there, except for the repeated greetings of the robot and advertising of other projects. Accidentally went to their other group of telegrams, and it says that even in April, in a short time, you had to write to the e-mail provided with repeated information about yourself. Those who did not write such a letter before April 20 lose the right to remuneration. Isn't that a scam?

We have been waiting for the token accrual for half a year, which should be carried out for some reason on their website, and not in our wallets, as agreed upon when joining the bounty, completed the agreed work, were tested by KYC, we were forced to wait for half a year to pay, and then we came up with writing one more unwanted letter with the expectation that very few people come to their telegram groups after a long-time KYC check and therefore will not pay out the earned tokens to a significant part of the ICO bounty campaigners.

We need to raise this issue and eradicate such forms of fraud in the ICO.
Yes, I am familiar with such fraud on the part of the ICO team. This, of course, is not normal. It’s too much to come up with additional responsibilities to write about yourself, six months after the end of the ICO and passing the KYC check. Here is a frank deception. Local Trade Campaign does not deserve an honest name. They should be considered fraudsters.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
ridha inoue

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 06:26:36 AM

KYC is weird for bounty hunter, the last i join project with KYC is that project is scam.
so what gonna happen to my ID, what they will sell on blackmarket.
i never again join bounty or airdrop project with KYC, because that is not fair for us.

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
novusordo

Activity: 800

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 06:35:53 AM

Not always true. So many bounty hunters are cheaters who register with multiple accounts numbering from 10 - 100 in Telegram, twitter and Facebook Campaigns to satisfy their greed. Only kyc can weed them out and reward legitimate participants

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
Irvinn

Activity: 966

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 05:02:06 AM

KYC is weird for bounty hunter, the last i join project with KYC is that project is scam.
so what gonna happen to my ID, what they will sell on blackmarket.
i never again join bounty or airdrop project with KYC, because that is not fair for us.
KYC verification is not only unfair to bounty hunters, but also illegal. Not a single ICO team has confirmed the validity of their demands for such an inspection. Many ICO teams are now abusing this opportunity and require KYC testing after we do our work, and deliberately delaying it, and then they set strict deadlines for it and many simply do not have time to get such information and pass the test. We do our job completely, and the KYC check is then used to deceive us not to pay the earned tokens.
Itsmylife

Activity: 1002

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 06:57:02 AM

Not always true. So many bounty hunters are cheaters who register with multiple accounts numbering from 10 - 100 in Telegram, twitter and Facebook Campaigns to satisfy their greed. Only kyc can weed them out and reward legitimate participants
I have seen some guys can do KYC with over 100 accounts when they joined the bounty program by photoshop, not all their account passed but they succeed over 50 percents.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: