Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:40:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔥⛏️ [MAINNET] [UPX] uPlexa ⚡️ Anonymity and eCommerce via IoT  (Read 50863 times)
Phash2k

Activity: 532
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2019, 07:10:55 AM

Interesting coin, but why is the price on this low niveau? Seems quite underrated, or am i seeing this wrong?

Crypto-Beratung und Hilfe bei allen möglichen Crypto-Projekten oder Problemen! https://phash.de

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tybiboune

Activity: 313
Merit: 8

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 08:37:58 AM

Interesting coin, but why is the price on this low niveau? Seems quite underrated, or am i seeing this wrong?

You're totally seing it right, it's very underrated now.

Why? Well, the global bear market can explain this partly.

The miners/dumpers too... we've seen lots of dumps from big miners, though they seemed to "calm down" recently Cheesy Maybe they understood that what they sold for the price of peanuts was worth much more than that

Being under the radar explains it too... Even though lots of communication efforts have been made by the team and community, there are so many projects out there, it's not so easy to quickly get what makes one project more interesting and valuable. For this matter, the team has always had the best behavior ever: keeping the eyes on the objectives, getting the work done and pushing the project higher in terms of fundamental value.

It was even funny to see the lead Dev write "daaaaamp it" in the trading discussion on the discord Cheesy as if he didn't even care about the exchange price Wink

DMDCreeper

Activity: 416
Merit: 270

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 08:57:19 AM

You're totally seing it right, it's very underrated now.

Why? Well, the global bear market can explain this partly.

The miners/dumpers too... we've seen lots of dumps from big miners, though they seemed to "calm down" recently Cheesy Maybe they understood that what they sold for the price of peanuts was worth much more than that

Being under the radar explains it too... Even though lots of communication efforts have been made by the team and community, there are so many projects out there, it's not so easy to quickly get what makes one project more interesting and valuable. For this matter, the team has always had the best behavior ever: keeping the eyes on the objectives, getting the work done and pushing the project higher in terms of fundamental value.

It was even funny to see the lead Dev write "daaaaamp it" in the trading discussion on the discord Cheesy as if he didn't even care about the exchange price Wink

What is the date of PoW algo change? It seems that now pump became a dump, -30% in a day Sad
Korifeetxs

Activity: 83
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 10:44:00 AM

[/quote] What is the date of PoW algo change? It seems that now pump became a dump, -30% in a day Sad [/quote]

The date for the hardfork is April 29th, or block 162,090. For more information check https://medium.com/@uplexa/uplexa-algorithmic-change-upxtwo-7066e5b9237a
The dump is just a retrace from a nice pump it had last week, and it's not going anywhere near the low levels it was a week ago.
But let's focus on the technical part and underlying idea instead of price, because the project stands, no matter what the price is. Price will get better, just taking it slow at the moment,
and remember we're still at the beginning of the journey.
RyanDokter

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 01:31:13 PM

I for one am really excited at the chance of staking and or owning a MN so roll on the hard fork so we can get on with the PoS/MN
iisbetoq

Activity: 165

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 02:02:49 PM

nice trade on Graviex, go go go

Foxi3_-

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 08:21:09 AM

How is the price an issue? It hasn't been with Dash, as far as I know Wink

If masternodes are too easy to afford, people are gonna host them on shitty unstable machines and it will harm the network.

We don't need people who are in for a "quick buck", but people who will keep the network strong...

The initial goal concerning the required collateral was to be "accessible" and yet "not too easy to get". No doubt that limit is hard to define, though..

And let's not forget to consider the total supply VS max number of masternodes. The max supply is pretty high, don't forget about it!

Hi, what is describe as not shitty machines or maybe any requirements on the masternodes? any specific to uPlexa? or is it same as other crypto MN?
My intention is to own MN but needed further info as to prepare ahead before jumping in.  Undecided
tybiboune

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 09:12:34 AM

How is the price an issue? It hasn't been with Dash, as far as I know Wink

If masternodes are too easy to afford, people are gonna host them on shitty unstable machines and it will harm the network.

We don't need people who are in for a "quick buck", but people who will keep the network strong...

The initial goal concerning the required collateral was to be "accessible" and yet "not too easy to get". No doubt that limit is hard to define, though..

And let's not forget to consider the total supply VS max number of masternodes. The max supply is pretty high, don't forget about it!

Hi, what is describe as not shitty machines or maybe any requirements on the masternodes? any specific to uPlexa? or is it same as other crypto MN?
My intention is to own MN but needed further info as to prepare ahead before jumping in.  Undecided
As far as preparation is concerned, the only way to go is...to wait for further announcements from the team. They for sure will have it tested out thoroughly, and they'll be the ones to tell the requirements to host a masternode. As long as IoT stays a focus, we can still assume that what I call "shitty computer" will probably be able to host a masternode. Which is probably gonna be a potential weakness for the network.

What am I calling "shitty computer"? Something old and slow, old CPU with little memory (512 Mb?), slow harddisk...

But it all depends on how the masternodes are coded: if they demand little from each node, and there are lots of nodes in the network, everything should be okay, even with "shitty" computers. Once again, let's trust the team to make the best choices there
Korifeetxs

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 09:57:41 AM

Noob question, how are masternodes in comparison to utility nodes, can you use both? Is there a difference in specs regarding being able to run either one?
I have an i7 4770 8gb, would that be good enough? I am willing to participate, but don't have the intention to weaken the network.
whotheff

Activity: 762
Merit: 35

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2019, 12:51:35 PM

Noob question, how are masternodes in comparison to utility nodes, can you use both? Is there a difference in specs regarding being able to run either one?
I have an i7 4770 8gb, would that be good enough? I am willing to participate, but don't have the intention to weaken the network.

Running a node on a home PC is not recommended in any crypto coin.
Example: you will have to pay for electricity for another PC, running 24/7 ($10-15 per month)
You will have to maintain it 24/7 (dust, parts replacement, etc.)
It will produce heat and noise and take up space.

Even if all this is not a problem for you, renting a virtual machine for
a masternode costs only about $2,50 - $10 a month, depending on requirements.
You can check prices and major providers: Digital Ocean, VirMach, Vultr

That way you will have less interruptions and higher profit,
since uptime and connectivity are critical for MN.
and Datacenter's internet and power are all redundant.

iisbetoq

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 02:21:12 PM

just one more day, don't forget, winners will be announced on 4/20/2019
https://twitter.com/uPlexaCoin/status/1115415243784695808

RyanDokter

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 02:28:13 PM

Personally I don't think hardware is an issue for most nore hosting the hardware at home. You could quite comfortably run a MN on a minipc like an i3NUC. The problem is having it connected to the the blockchain 24x7 because a MN requires that above all else, a disconnect would ruin the security of the blockchain and also the work its doing and therefore your earning and staking potential. Network connectivity is the most important factor running a MN.
Korifeetxs

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 08:32:51 AM

Thanks Whotheff and Ryandoctor for explaining. I will consider my options once more information comes out.
In the meantime I will be getting my hands on as much UPX as possible.

Is the workload for the devs still doable or will there be expansion of the team in the near future? Given the fact that both discord and
telegram are getting busier and busier, I can imagine it is getting harder to adress everyones questions, and in the meantime perform
the hardforks and other developments.

Btw did I mention it's a great project?! Keep it up guys!
DMDCreeper

Activity: 416
Merit: 270

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 08:42:47 AM

Example: you will have to pay for electricity for another PC, running 24/7 ($10-15 per month)

You know, the $15 per month electricity bill is the problem of parents who bought you gaming PC.
While $2.5 for VPS is your problem... Wink
RyanDokter

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 11:38:03 AM

If i knew my broadband connection was 100% reliable and electricity bill was affordable i would have absolutely no problems hosting my own MNs. I do however believe we shouldn't loose site of what UPX is all about and thats decentralisation through IoT. I would love to be able to run MN of something like an NUC, or at least something small, maybe even a mobile phone.
whotheff

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2019, 12:32:31 PM

You know, the $15 per month electricity bill is the problem of parents who bought you gaming PC.

Well, you can put it this way too Cheesy Cheesy. but if $2.5/month is a problem for you,
then crypto might not be the best place to spend your time.

@RyanDokter
I've seen people running masternodes on a Raspberry Pie,
but this all depends how much RAM/CPU the Uplexa utility node will require
to run smoothly.
There is one more thing - we still don't know how profitable it would be
to run a MN. Some other coins' masternodes cannot even cover the expense for VPS.

I really liked the idea for a mobile phone, running as a Utility node.
However I don't know if it can run it 24/7 without overheating.
Other than that it would be perfect:
1. low power usage
2. Multi core CPU
3. small size

The only downside would be that it only has Wi-fi, no Ethernet,
which adds a few ms of lag.

Foxi3_-

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 02:17:16 PM

Well, you can put it this way too Cheesy Cheesy. but if $2.5/month is a problem for you,

@RyanDokter
to run smoothly.
to run a MN. Some other coins' masternodes cannot even cover the expense for VPS.

1. low power usage
2. Multi core CPU
3. small size

I agree with u hosting MN in VPS would be a better option in regards to having stable ethernet connection & power redundancy backup.

I hope if its not profitable, at least the reward can cover Server expenses. As for profit we have to put our confidence and support to the developement team to bring out the value of the coins in the future. I for one is excited to own MN 😁

Is there any difference btwn Utility Nodes & Masternodes?
iisbetoq

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 03:51:42 PM

Is there any difference btwn Utility Nodes & Masternodes?
on amount requirement maybe
Utility Nodes no minimum upx to running
Masternodes need minimum upx to running
but, idk, just my opinion hehehe
because i only know PoW, new on PoS

tybiboune

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 10:15:22 PM

@RyanDokter
to run smoothly.

1. low power usage
2. Multi core CPU
3. small size

Wouldn't one of the downsides be that those phones wouldn't have a static IP? It's one of the main requirements for masternodes usually, so unless the devs find an innovative way of handling utility nodes(aka masternodes), it don't see how phone nodes could happen.

We'll see what happens they're preparing for us, exciting times to come for sure!
whotheff

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2019, 01:24:22 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2019, 09:44:12 AM by whotheff

@RyanDokter
to run smoothly.

1. low power usage
2. Multi core CPU
3. small size

Wouldn't one of the downsides be that those phones wouldn't have a static IP? It's one of the main requirements for masternodes usually, so unless the devs find an innovative way of handling utility nodes(aka masternodes), it don't see how phone nodes could happen.

We'll see what happens they're preparing for us, exciting times to come for sure!

Phones will run on WiFi, which can be static.
So having a mobile phone running a node, can be pretty doable.
Let's see what Devs can add to this.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: