Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:52:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔥⛏️ [MAINNET] [UPX] uPlexa ⚡️ Anonymity and eCommerce via IoT  (Read 50864 times)
tybiboune

Activity: 313
Merit: 8

View Profile
November 04, 2019, 08:45:21 AM

Yea, unfortunately due to halving and everything else i've turned off my miners for now. will be turning them on again when the price increases and some of the big miners leave. How about everyone else?

I turned on my miners to see if the reward is really halved, but instead I'm getting almost the same yield from same CPUs.
So either because of dificulty or something else. Since I'm not selling, I don't care about the price.

@thesudio

What changes do you expect them to notice?

Yeah my motive is to acquire enough to run 3 nodes and i only have a single gaming machine with a 1080ti the price is too good right now to pass up lol

I wonder if more little rigs will join up or see if higher hash rate miners leave for other coins. My hope is we grt more decentralized i wanna see upx mining apps for android tvs that activate when its got no display inputs or phone miners that turn on during inactive hours ect coupled with nice guis... i wish i was more programming savvy instead of data entry type layman stuff lol id build it for upx myself

I agree that more little miners would be the best for decentralization, and fair distribution of the wealth, which as far as I understand is a good part of what QuantumLeaper is all about.

But as someone mentioned, the only current factor of influence on the price is the miners. They're currently the ones driving the perceived value.

As for now, I'd say it's the best time to buy the coin, mining it is only ok if you're not paying for your electricity and if your rig has already been ROI-ed. For the other cases, if you calculate the price of electricity and a % of your rig acquisition cost (which is how miners should calculate), the cost of buying directly will be much less than the cost of acquiring the coins through mining.

If your rig has not been ROI-ed and your electricity is not free, it doesn't really make sense to mine, at least with the usual costly rigs.

Maybe it's time for the IoT devices to kick in? Smiley

What do you think should be the next big step for uPlexa?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
whotheff

Activity: 762
Merit: 35

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2019, 10:04:43 AM

Yea, unfortunately due to halving and everything else i've turned off my miners for now. will be turning them on again when the price increases and some of the big miners leave. How about everyone else?

I turned on my miners to see if the reward is really halved, but instead I'm getting almost the same yield from same CPUs.
So either because of dificulty or something else. Since I'm not selling, I don't care about the price.

@thesudio

+@tybiboune

Yeah my motive is to aquire enough to run 3 nodes and i only have a single gaming machine with a 1080ti the price is too good right now to pass up lol

I wonder if more little rigs will join up or see if higher hash rate miners leave for other coins. My hope is we grt more decentralized i wanna see upx mining apps for android tvs that activate when its got no display inputs or phone miners that turn on during inactive hours ect coupled with nice guis... i wish i was more programming savvy instead of data entry type layman stuff lol id build it for upx myself

Mining on TVs and tablets can be tricky. None of them is optimized for 24/7 load. Today's TVs are as thin as possible, leaving no room for proper cooling of the chips inside.
That means that you can easily kill your device if you run too many threads and not monitor the CPU temps.
Cheap Chinese TV boxes often heat too much even on their own, without the mining, that you MUST modify their cooling if you want them to last more than a month.

Another topic is security. How would you convince a regular person that the miner in his TV is secure, not spying at him and so on.

But in order for all that to change, we must create intelligent miners for all devices with a CPU, continue being open to people, and tell the truth as uPlexa is so far.

In the past there was a bounty for creating a miner for XBox. Which type of IoT device do you think is most suitable for mining?

Korifeetxs

Activity: 83
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 04, 2019, 02:31:57 PM

In the past there was a bounty for creating a miner for XBox. Which type of IoT device do you think is most suitable for mining?

I am still thinking Tesla Wink But any other IoT device that can keep cool enough during mining and not burn down should do. But, now is the time to get the systems ready for mass implementation. It is not yet the time for viable IoT mining on other devices than smartphones. But when it is doable in say 5 years (due to technical advancements) everything from the blockchain to the underlying (infra)structure, support etc, must be ready to integrate UPX asap on the devices that are fit for purpose then. This IS the time to get the technical stuff lined up and create some sort of plug and play thing for those devices. And in the meantime building up usecases on ecommerce.

Cappex

Activity: 571
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 04, 2019, 04:04:47 PM

@thesudio

+@tybiboune

Yeah my motive is to aquire enough to run 3 nodes and i only have a single gaming machine with a 1080ti the price is too good right now to pass up lol

Mining on TVs and tablets can be tricky. None of them is optimized for 24/7 load. Today's TVs are as thin as possible, leaving no room for proper cooling of the chips inside.
That means that you can easily kill your device if you run too many threads and not monitor the CPU temps.
Cheap Chinese TV boxes often heat too much even on their own, without the mining, that you MUST modify their cooling if you want them to last more than a month.

Another topic is security. How would you convince a regular person that the miner in his TV is secure, not spying at him and so on.

But in order for all that to change, we must create intelligent miners for all devices with a CPU, continue being open to people, and tell the truth as uPlexa is so far.

we must focusses on the next gen... the today young will be the tomorrow utilisator of UPX coins... console is the right choice, all of us and our sons have a console, not only the new system but also xbox, ps3 i don't know if we can go more back... simple app with wallet integrated, download, run... a little config like password or 2fa, setup the wallet in to the miner and go... to the moon... i am excited
whotheff

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2019, 09:03:13 AM

we must focusses on the next gen... the today young will be the tomorrow utilisator of UPX coins... console is the right choice, all of us and our sons have a console, not only the new system but also xbox, ps3 i don't know if we can go more back... simple app with wallet integrated, download, run... a little config like password or 2fa, setup the wallet in to the miner and go... to the moon... i am excited

I like your idea Cappex. Game consoles have excellent cooling and they are used around 20-30% of the day, others skip whole days of not using them. The only issue is how to make it run 3rd party app.
I also fully agree that crypto users in 5-10 years will be the today's kids.

Guys, any other ideas for suitable IoT mining devices? (so far mentioned: phones and game consoles).

tybiboune

View Profile
November 05, 2019, 09:41:27 AM

I like your idea Cappex. Game consoles have excellent cooling and they are used around 20-30% of the day, others skip whole days of not using them. The only issue is how to make it run 3rd party app.

Guys, any other ideas for suitable IoT mining devices? (so far mentioned: phones and game consoles).

Game consoles are great, use one thread/one core, accumulate & secure the network.

I'm not as convinced by the Tesla cars idea, especially since I'm pretty sure Tesla won't let anyone run some process 100% of the time in their cares, while they're still struggling to make them completely safe&secure...

Maybe uPlexa could produce some tiny USB-boxes that you can buy for a few bucks, plug into another device and let it do its thing? This way the only "bottleneck" would be security (will this USB thingie try to steal my info/keys/whatnots?), but heat & stuff wouldn't be a matter or worries anymore.

And USB ports can be find everywhere...
thesudio

Activity: 109

View Profile
November 05, 2019, 09:45:06 AM

IoT will be in every thing lol heres an exerpt from an article. Imagine saying Alexa, mine Uplexa it fucking rhymes and everything. Or siri, hey google
 mine uplexa...

7. The Home IoT Market is Expected to Grow to $53.45 Billion by 2022
Smart home devices, most of which are used to automate lighting, climate, appliance, entertainment, or security systems in a household, are already entering homes in record-breaking numbers. As an example, “smart speaker” devices like the Amazon Echo are already in 31 percent of US broadband households as of Q1 2019, up from a mere seven percent in 2017.

Check out my YouTube chan here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEKi5UIGkX2ctFiGUhhxR1Q for Qortal News QORT: QRk5TG57SQGLkybXUqxBnobADTFGj9GR3Z
Dmitry129

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2019, 01:20:56 PM

in January 2019 I put forward the idea in a discord, but no one wanted to listen.  apparently everyone has their own tasks and goals ...  here is my idea - a picture:
https://discordapp.com/channels/417982588498477060/481429679488892929/533211316190445568 
IOT  -  IOT+  -  IOT+++
Cappex

View Profile
November 05, 2019, 02:54:46 PM

in January 2019 I put forward the idea in a discord, but no one wanted to listen.  apparently everyone has their own tasks and goals ...  here is my idea - a picture:
https://discordapp.com/channels/417982588498477060/481429679488892929/533211316190445568 
IOT  -  IOT+  -  IOT+++

what do you represent in that picture?
Cappex

View Profile
November 05, 2019, 02:57:45 PM

we have already the android app on play store... the same thing must be necessary with playstation or xbox... now all the android consoles can run uplexa miner so we are already launched in this way. what is necessary to add the app in the store of xbox and playstation?
TheDragons23

Activity: 21

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 08:50:05 AM

we have already the android app on play store... the same thing must be necessary with playstation or xbox... now all the android consoles can run uplexa miner so we are already launched in this way. what is necessary to add the app in the store of xbox and playstation?

I would love to have a console miner, i would hook my old Wii U up to mine haha. Anyone got any ideas about the miners?
tybiboune

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 08:52:32 AM

IOT  -  IOT+  -  IOT+++

ahah chill, dude Cheesy

this drawing looks a bit too simplistic to be understood, would you mind explaining a bit more about your "idea" there? Smiley

Or is it, as I mentioned in my previous post, some kind of mining usb device that you would plug into another device (such as a TV, or a toaster ^^ )?
whotheff

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2019, 09:35:30 AM
Merited by davis196 (1)

in January 2019 I put forward the idea in a discord, but no one wanted to listen.  apparently everyone has their own tasks and goals ...  here is my idea - a picture:
IOT  -  IOT+  -  IOT+++

It looks like IoT device (almost all of them have USB) with one or more USB devices plugged in.
I'm not very familiar with these devices, but do they have their own OS inside or they
depend on host OS? If they do, then it is more complicated. If they have their own OS,
then Security could be potential weakness. Also not all USB ports have
power supply which matches the USB type specs. This could be an issue.
On the other hand if they are dirt cheap and mass produced, they might be quite good.

My idea is just use hundreds and hundreds of old laptops and PCs laying around and being
recycled constantly. They are abundant, cheap, versatile.
The problem there is the power usage, size and noise. Old machines use too much power
and are not that efficient.

I read a news about Mepкeл who set a target for 1 000 000 Electric car charging stations
till 2030 in Germany. I wander what if the charging of money for electricity happens automatically through
a blockchain wallet entered in the car's computer. It would be zero hassle while charging.
Also charging stations can mine coins or serve as uPlexa Utility nodes.

I'm sure the companies will want to build these stations as cheap as possible and running on blockchain
should be most automated and cheap option out there. So mining with Tesla or other EVs might be not wise,
but mining/staking/running a UPX node on the charging stations sounds too good to ignore.

Charging stations which will have a lot of constant (probably redundant) power supply, 100% of them will have internet (probably redundant) and on top
of that will be millions and quite spread throughout the world which is the best decentralization possible.

What do you guys think of that?

Cappex

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 01:16:16 PM

in January 2019 I put forward the idea in a discord, but no one wanted to listen.  apparently everyone has their own tasks and goals ...  here is my idea - a picture:
IOT  -  IOT+  -  IOT+++

It looks like IoT device (almost all of them have USB) with one or more USB devices plugged in.
I'm not very familiar with these devices, but do they have their own OS inside or they
depend on host OS? If they do, then it is more complicated. If they have their own OS,
then Security could be potential weakness. Also not all USB ports have
power supply which matches the USB type specs. This could be an issue.
On the other hand if they are dirt cheap and mass produced, they might be quite good.

My idea is just use hundreds and hundreds of old laptops and PCs laying around and being
recycled constantly. They are abundant, cheap, versatile.
The problem there is the power usage, size and noise. Old machines use too much power
and are not that efficient.

I read a news about Mepкeл who set a target for 1 000 000 Electric car charging stations
till 2030 in Germany. I wander what if the charging of money for electricity happens automatically through
a blockchain wallet entered in the car's computer. It would be zero hassle while charging.
Also charging stations can mine coins or serve as uPlexa Utility nodes.

I'm sure the companies will want to build these stations as cheap as possible and running on blockchain
should be most automated and cheap option out there. So mining with Tesla or other EVs might be not wise,
but mining/staking/running a UPX node on the charging stations sounds too good to ignore.

Charging stations which will have a lot of constant (probably redundant) power supply, 100% of them will have internet (probably redundant) and on top
of that will be millions and quite spread throughout the world which is the best decentralization possible.

What do you guys think of that?

who will be the owner of the upx mined in the charging stations? if it will be the company that will win the work we will have a big whale.. if i pay for charge my car and you earn coins with my energi i will not happy.
Korifeetxs

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 08:30:57 PM

The charging companies probably don't like the idea that the transactions are anonimous, since they have to report to a tax agency/government.

I am interested to know what idea's the uPlexa team themselves have about the implementation of UPX. And I don't mean the toaster, consoles, phone and stuff. I think their position on those is already quite clear, but I mean implementation in the bigger picture, like the aforementioned charging stations, green energy projects etc. With Steadfast Storm approaching they have other things on their mind right now, but some vision (apart from ecommerce) regarding this must have been looked at the last year.. I thought something was mentioned in the white paper as an exemple. But the anonimity of the whole UPX story makes it -in my opinion- very hard  to get partnerships with serious bussinesses.
Dmitry129

View Profile
November 07, 2019, 07:35:17 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2019, 07:56:26 AM by Dmitry129

I put forward just an idea ... a usb device (with strong quantum defense) that speeds up mining on a TV, on the head unit of a car, on a laptop, on a tablet - OTG. for example, the price of 1 piece is to sell for $ 5, to collect and order this money physical coins from pure gold. uPlexa will be provided with gold. But this is just an idea.
But! The main thing is to give information about our coin to a lot of people. all have televisions, laptops, tablets (old), smartphones (old). the miner is very simple and does not require dancing with tambourines. all people will be interested.
Dmitry129

View Profile
November 07, 2019, 07:53:59 AM

If I continue my idea, the issue of a 33 gram coin will replace the several million coins that the developers plan to mine. that is, from the maximum amount (which they plan to issue), it is necessary to programmatically remove these several million coins, and the total number in the network of coins will decrease. the price will increase accordingly. why do you need 21 billion coins? if you can release some of the physical gold. If everything goes according to plan, then we create an uplex-bank, where physical gold coins are stored, the wallet-bank bundle will work instantly. everyone can have real gold coins. but from the bank to buy gold coins only for upleks ... my imagination is limitless  Grin Grin Grin ...
Korifeetxs

View Profile
November 07, 2019, 09:27:44 AM

Interesting idea Dmitri129, physical coins and gold in the bank! However if I understand it correctly you prefer UPX to be a store of value, right?
This is what Quantumleaper (main dev uPlexa) said in telegram:
I disagree. Investor speculation doesnt mean much of anything in crypto anymore. Bogus/useless partnerships and chasing exchange listings is what projects did to build hype, and it worked. Things are getting real now, and the same gross tactics are no longer working (sometimes the occasional spike/p&d). Our marketing plans will be based around PlexaNet, UNApps, and the dVPN. We will focus on utility and building an internal economy rather than focusing on building an external economy. Because right now, even the top 10 cryptos are barely being used. It's mostly just speculative BS. I didn't start this project for those reasons, I want our software to be used. Thus O think privacy applications and services built on top of uPlexa as layer 2 services will provide both more functionality, something we could all use, and something that makes sense to use UPX for.
How would your physical coin relate to building an internal economy with UPX as driving force?
Cappex

View Profile
November 07, 2019, 09:42:43 AM

The charging companies probably don't like the idea that the transactions are anonimous, since they have to report to a tax agency/government.

I am interested to know what idea's the uPlexa team themselves have about the implementation of UPX. And I don't mean the toaster, consoles, phone and stuff. I think their position on those is already quite clear, but I mean implementation in the bigger picture, like the aforementioned charging stations, green energy projects etc. With Steadfast Storm approaching they have other things on their mind right now, but some vision (apart from ecommerce) regarding this must have been looked at the last year.. I thought something was mentioned in the white paper as an exemple. But the anonimity of the whole UPX story makes it -in my opinion- very hard  to get partnerships with serious bussinesses.
the anonymate is an interesting point and depend from where is your view...
if i am an agency or service suppliers i need to know who pay me for that goods or that services but if i am the client i don't want comunicate my wallet or my capital traceable like on bitcoin's blockchain... i am pretty sure that there are solutions for link this two point of views
Dmitry129

View Profile
November 07, 2019, 10:16:41 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2019, 12:10:43 PM by Dmitry129

Interesting idea Dmitri129, physical coins and gold in the bank! However if I understand it correctly you prefer UPX to be a store of value, right?
This is what Quantumleaper (main dev uPlexa) said in telegram:
I disagree. Investor speculation doesnt mean much of anything in crypto anymore. Bogus/useless partnerships and chasing exchange listings is what projects did to build hype, and it worked. Things are getting real now, and the same gross tactics are no longer working (sometimes the occasional spike/p&d). Our marketing plans will be based around PlexaNet, UNApps, and the dVPN. We will focus on utility and building an internal economy rather than focusing on building an external economy. Because right now, even the top 10 cryptos are barely being used. It's mostly just speculative BS. I didn't start this project for those reasons, I want our software to be used. Thus O think privacy applications and services built on top of uPlexa as layer 2 services will provide both more functionality, something we could all use, and something that makes sense to use UPX for.
How would your physical coin relate to building an internal economy with UPX as driving force?

the coin (from gold) will be in the safe in the bank. no one will ever get it from there, she will be the guarantor of stability and prosperity uplexa. Uplexa Bank is not Raiffeisen Bank! A gold guarantee will attract many people to own, use and manage uPlexa cryptocurrency. everyone who has it in their wallet can throw an aplex into the bank, knowing that the coin will never die in this bank. As a result, only one bank will remain on planet Earth: uPlexa-bank. And he will not be a speculator and a deceiver, like all banks are now on planet Earth.
Now all the bankers of the world are struggling with cryptocurrencies, and cryptocurrencies are trying to survive at all costs. This is called a bipolar world and this struggle will always be. (good and evil, white and black, love and hate and the like). Uplexa Bank is a bank of a new format that will work with black (aur) and white (uPlexa), but the bank's customers will only be able to work with an uplex coin.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: