Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 03:46:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 121 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ICO ENDED] Jarvis Network - bridge legacy and digital finance  (Read 44709 times)
Frank37

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 09:42:04 PM

well there is no limit at investing in pre-sale, so much time between pre-sale and l ico to be able to release products that increase interest and investment in the project, in my opinion is an excellent strategy...

A working product will help to boost the project and it todays point of view, such thing is the best stuff to keep people still interesting with ico.

Yes and it should be totally common to have a mvp.
Outside from crypto investors mostly also want to see a mvp before they invest.
Only in the hyped 2017 people spent money for every project which had a website and a wp, this is  fortunately over now.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
belechau

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 10:35:39 PM

well there is no limit at investing in pre-sale, so much time between pre-sale and l ico to be able to release products that increase interest and investment in the project, in my opinion is an excellent strategy...

A working product will help to boost the project and it todays point of view, such thing is the best stuff to keep people still interesting with ico.

I think the same, and from experience of previous projects, I believe that Jarvis can gain good growth after this, thus leveraging the price of the currency. Other projects used the same strategy, and even if they did not have something so good and ready, they leverage
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 07:26:39 AM

I can't say... we will do our best for a fully working product.

How many full stack developers and workers your company have? As I see your company registered on Cayman Islands, your office there as well?
king_of_alts

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 07:28:21 AM

How many full stack developers and workers your company have? As I see your company registered on Cayman Islands, your office there as well?

Cayman Islands is a tax heaven if I remember correctly so it the company is incorporated there but the staff is most likely located somewhere else.
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 08:57:08 AM

Thing i don't get is how do you manage to build a system where you can trade stocks against Bitcoin? I would assume that trading stocks is a legal nightmare, because none of the big crypto exchanges provide this service.

Thats why someone needs to be first and if they do it right, they will for sure become one of the most popular exchanges. I can imagine there are a lot of rules that comes with that and it will be regulated even more so that is not an easy thing to do.

MandatoryOption

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 09:58:31 AM

I think the same, and from experience of previous projects, I believe that Jarvis can gain good growth after this, thus leveraging the price of the currency. Other projects used the same strategy, and even if they did not have something so good and ready, they leverage

So from what bitcoin-shark said, it's planned that they release the MVP after ther pre-sale but before the mainsale in March 2019? That would be ideal to get even more people attracted but I couldn't find any release date for the MVP.
mandibleclaw

Activity: 532
Merit: 50

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 10:53:09 AM

Thing i don't get is how do you manage to build a system where you can trade stocks against Bitcoin? I would assume that trading stocks is a legal nightmare, because none of the big crypto exchanges provide this service.

I guess that trading stocks is a thing, while trading tokenized stocks is another thing, Jarvis is going to trade tokenized stocks? How it works in this case? They must keep stocks in custody but they have to demonstrate that they own them

Makkara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 11:13:32 AM

There are actually services that do that already, or at least something similar, none of them took off yet. They do require some special licence i reckon...

Pi Network - mining app for phone: https://minepi.com/spippolino
Blockfolio trading: https://blockfolio.com/trading?r=MvFRE7EX98
dubignyp

Activity: 260
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 11:41:58 AM

Cayman Islands is a tax heaven if I remember correctly so it the company is incorporated there but the staff is most likely located somewhere else.

If you've followed politics, it's more like a tax haven like in the movies. It's still declared. Cheesy
The staff you see on the site, down there is their address.
Here is a video presentation of their office (in French) :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QeB51Mv33U
dubignyp

Activity: 260
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 11:49:26 AM

So from what bitcoin-shark said, it's planned that they release the MVP after ther pre-sale but before the mainsale in March 2019? That would be ideal to get even more people attracted but I couldn't find any release date for the MVP.

It is true that there is a difference between presenting the blockchain here or in Webinar video conferencing. I have been following them since the end of 2017 and I have participated in webinar videos presenting everything that will be in the Exchange and its tools. Almost everything, because there is a lot of stuff and some stuff is still in the future.
But, by looking and Jarvis presented it, we had the vision. The vision of the project is missing here. The company's vision that will grow and create many more Exchange-related projects. Jarvis stands out from other Exchange on the reception of the future market.
I think Jarvis will make a Webinair in English and French, a video conference that will allow you to see the vision.

They also have ATM of BTC on the city of Sofia. I believe 4 if I remember the answer on telegram.
Jarvis Edge (OP)

Activity: 864
Merit: 3

Interoperable finance | https://jarvis.network

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 11:53:54 AM

No, only the ICO company is located there, because at the time we start planning the ICO (in september 2017) it was the best solution for a token delivering revenue.
But the HQ is in Sofia, and taxes will be paid where the revenue are made.

Borderless Trading and Interoperable Finance with Jarvis Network (https://www.jarvis.network/)
Jarvis Edge (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 11:57:05 AM

We have two full stack in our core team, and we work with 3 others developers (contractors) in Sofia. But the largest amount of contractors we do have are located in Russia.

Borderless Trading and Interoperable Finance with Jarvis Network (https://www.jarvis.network/)
Jarvis Edge (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 12:05:23 PM

Hello Nobytes,

We do have a brokerage license that allows us to provide these products. Big crypto exchanges do not do it for few reasons :

1. They do not see value in it, they make money with cryptocurrencies, where margin are WAY above any market; there is no regulation so basically they can do whatever they want, front run your order, market making, they can manipulate the prices, and I know they do, even the most reputable. They also do a LOT of arbitrage (I have witnessed it, we received some offers from some companies in America that makes millions everyday). So if you have a cash cow in a non regulated environment, why bother yourself to provide a very regulated products where you do very few margin ?

2. Largest crypto exchanges are asian and target a very specific crypto-friendly population, that likes to gamble. It is very far from the philosophy of stock market for a lot of them.

3. Interfaces and tools are very different, providing stocks would mean to totally change their UI and UX, it will be very complicated for them to do so.

4. Crypto exchanges (centralized) are now seeing value in providing DEX, not multi-asset trading. Also, they are WAITING stocks and other products to become digital and tokenized so they could provide these products in few years.

Jarvis Edge (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 12:07:41 PM

I guess that trading stocks is a thing, while trading tokenized stocks is another thing, Jarvis is going to trade tokenized stocks? How it works in this case? They must keep stocks in custody but they have to demonstrate that they own them

No, with us they are not tokenized. At first, you will trade CFD from a collateral; the CFD is really bought in the market, through our liquidity provider, and a digital mirror of this asset is displayed in your wallet. In the future, we have plan to tokenize these positions (not tokenize the stocks itseldf, but the position on the market, which is very scalable comparing to tokenizng stocks).

Jarvis Edge (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 12:09:01 PM

There are actually services that do that already, or at least something similar, none of them took off yet. They do require some special licence i reckon...

Brokerage licenses yes Smiley Or, you can also opt for a CFD broker; most of them provides Fx, stocks, indices, crypto, with CFD. IG as example, provide CFD on Bitcoin since 2014 I think. And there you can trade almost everything! Including spread betting if you are a UK citizen.

Jarvis Edge (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 12:09:18 PM

Only in the hyped 2017 people spent money for every project which had a website and a wp, this is  fortunately over now.

Well we do have two MVP for the trading interface (one Fx, one crypto) and one for a BTC and ETH wallet (Android, iOs, MacOs, Windows and Linux).

We have also a prototype for transpiling Java and Python into Javascript; this is because we do want developers to see Jarvis a platform they can build everything on, from algorithms for trading, to indicators, to skins, to anything Smiley

pynetx

Activity: 798
Merit: 262

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 01:27:19 PM

The Ico is ending in December I guess. So, q1 2019 for the production release is quite a good timing.

They have changed the ICO dates, or better split it into a presale until Dec 23 and the main token sale in March 2019, so launch of the exchange might be even before ICO.

What's the point of having an ICO if the token is already on the exchange?
Jarvis Edge (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 02:35:36 PM

The Ico is ending in December I guess. So, q1 2019 for the production release is quite a good timing.

They have changed the ICO dates, or better split it into a presale until Dec 23 and the main token sale in March 2019, so launch of the exchange might be even before ICO.

We do not plan to list the token before it can distribute value. We do not want to do the same "mistake" as other ICO: listing your token without any product or utility. This is what caused the -99% performance of most of the 2017/2018 ICO tokens.

Frank37

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 02:37:21 PM

Only in the hyped 2017 people spent money for every project which had a website and a wp, this is  fortunately over now.

Well we do have two MVP for the trading interface (one Fx, one crypto) and one for a BTC and ETH wallet (Android, iOs, MacOs, Windows and Linux).

We have also a prototype for transpiling Java and Python into Javascript; this is because we do want developers to see Jarvis a platform they can build everything on, from algorithms for trading, to indicators, to skins, to anything Smiley

Where can I read more about this transpilling? Or where to find the prototype?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 04:21:49 PM

We do not plan to list the token before it can distribute value. We do not want to do the same "mistake" as other ICO: listing your token without any product or utility. This is what caused the -99% performance of most of the 2017/2018 ICO tokens.

I think pynetx means: who is going to buy tokens through the ICO if they can get them cheaper on the secondary market?

- ICO price is higher than market price: nobody buys ICO tokens
- ICO price is lower than market price: tokens will be dumped on the market until below ICO price

In both cases: supply increases, therefore market price goes down.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 121 »
  Print  

Jump to: