Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 01:48:21 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 273 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 【BOT】 🌟 C.A.T. Cryptocurrency Automatic Trader 🌟 (New Price List 04/2021)  (Read 531070 times)
JonBoy

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 02:14:40 PM

Hey everyone,

I am interested in the CAT bot. However, before purchasing what I would like to understand is if people have continued to have success with it although the alt coin market has been in bearish mode for a long time now. Correct me if I am wrong but with CAT I can trade across a large number of currency pairs on the markets you support. If 90% of those currencies have fallen in value during the time I have been running CAT, doesn't that mean no matter how well it performed as they fell in value, the end result is my portfolio has shrunken. Or have I missed something?

Best
JonBoy

Hi JonBoy,

Correct me if I am wrong but with CAT I can trade across a large number of currency pairs on the markets you support. If 90% of those currencies have fallen in value during the time I have been running CAT, doesn't that mean no matter how well it performed as they fell in value, the end result is my portfolio has shrunken

You're right.
If you don't set ANY stop loss parameter and you continue working on a market during a crash, C.A.T. will continue works BUT probably your estimated portfolio will decrease.

But this is an universal market rule : if USD/BTC crash, all your Cryptocurrency portfolio value will decrease (even if you have only alt-currency)

Thanks for your fast answer Sampey!

So this means CAT has not been that successful over the last 6-8 months because pretty much all of the alt coins have fallen in value, right? Most have fallen by about 60% in value. Even btc has fallen by about 50% in that time. In this kind of a market, what is the point in buying a product that demands I spread my portfolio over lots of currencies - all of which are falling?? Shouldn't I just hold in USD?

Or am I missing something?

Sampey (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1040

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 02:25:34 PM

So this means CAT has not been that successful over the last 6-8 months because pretty much all of the alt coins have fallen in value, right? Most have fallen by about 60% in value. Even btc has fallen by about 50% in that time. In this kind of a market, what is the point in buying a product that demands I spread my portfolio over lots of currencies - all of which are falling??

No, this is not how it works.
A lot of markets during a crash could have a lot of "dead Cat bounce". So if you're able to catch the right moment you could loss 60% In Value BUT add 60% In quantity, and mainting the "old" BTC Value.
And markets didn't crash at the same time, so you can change market and stop trading on the dead ones.

Shouldn't I just hold in USD?

You can Trade on USD/BTC with the same logic + stop loss parameters.
JonBoy

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 02:42:43 PM

So this means CAT has not been that successful over the last 6-8 months because pretty much all of the alt coins have fallen in value, right? Most have fallen by about 60% in value. Even btc has fallen by about 50% in that time. In this kind of a market, what is the point in buying a product that demands I spread my portfolio over lots of currencies - all of which are falling??

No, this is not how it works.
A lot of markets during a crash could have a lot of "dead Cat bounce". So if you're able to catch the right moment you could loss 60% In Value BUT add 60% In quantity, and mainting the "old" BTC Value.
And markets didn't crash at the same time, so you can change market and stop trading on the dead ones.

Shouldn't I just hold in USD?

You can Trade on USD/BTC with the same logic + stop loss parameters.

Okay, so the idea is that on the way down you can catch bounces in the markets. But I fail to see how you could come out winning if overall the alt coin markets have crashed by 60%???

I mean even if you manage to catch a few "dead Cat bouces", surely the value of your portfolio will still be way down. I am talking value in terms of dollars here.

For example, if CAT buys LTC for a price of 0.011 BTC and then the price of LTC drops below this I can either wait and hope it increases or initiate a stop loss criteria.

BTW does CAT provide stop loss functionality?

Let's say I take a 1% loss on LTC and move to a different market. Do I just have to hope I happen upon these "dead cat bounces"? I would want to be a very lucky man indeed to make anything in such a market in which all my assets are falling. Or I trade on 10 markets and have to initiate stop loss on 8 of them? I'm confused. What specific things does CAT offer to help me make gains in this type of falling market. Your answer to this question is very important as it will determine whether it is worth my while to buy and use CAT.

What has your experience over the last few months been?

Thanks for your time Sampey Smiley

Sampey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 03:22:15 PM

Okay, so the idea is that on the way down you can catch bounces in the markets. But I fail to see how you could come out winning if overall the alt coin markets have crashed by 60%???

I mean even if you manage to catch a few "dead Cat bouces", surely the value of your portfolio will still be way down. I am talking value in terms of dollars here.

Well if marked dramatically crash, there's nothing you can do.
This is an universal market rule, even if you have an AI (Artificial Intelligence) Bot
C.A.T. doesn't make miracles of course  Wink

BTW does CAT provide stop loss functionality?

For example, if CAT buys LTC for a price of 0.011 BTC and then the price of LTC drops below this I can either wait and hope it increases or initiate a stop loss criteria.

Let's say I take a 1% loss on LTC and move to a different market. Do I just have to hope I happen upon these "dead cat bounces"? I would want to be a very lucky man indeed to make anything in such a market in which all my assets are falling. Or I trade on 10 markets and have to initiate stop loss on 8 of them? I'm confused. What specific things does CAT offer to help me make gains in this type of falling market. Your answer to this question is very important as it will determine whether it is worth my while to buy and use CAT.

C.A.T. have a lot of parameters.
You could read here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=507103.msg5590896#msg5590896
Paragraph : Ping Pong Parameter

- Sell All If Price Goes Under (Works only for Sell Orders) : With this option activated C.A.T. will sell your order if the market price is too low. The sell price will be the best buy price currently available.
- Sell All If % With Ref Price Is : (Works only for Sell+Pong Orders) : Each PONG order has a Reference Price (the Sell/Buy price of the Original Pong Order) C.A.T., during the algo process, calculates the % difference between the reference price and the current best Buy/Sell Orders. With this option activated you C.A.T. will decide to sell a Pong Order if the % calculated is too negative. A suggestion is to use value lower than -10%
- Stop Ping Creation If Sell Value Is > : You can decide to Stop the Ping Order Creation if the Current Best Sell Value is too high. C.A.T. will restart Ping Order Creation if the Best Sell value returns to lower than your specified parameter.
- Stop Ping Creation If Buy Value Is < : You can decide to Stop the Ping Order Creation if the Current Best Buy Value if too low. C.A.T. will restart Ping Order Creation when the Best Buy value returns to higher than your specified parameter.

And you can also set

- Never Sell/Buy Under/Never Sell/Buy Over : With this option activated you will limit the creaton of Buy/Sell orders with the price too low or too high.

Every Parameter is Over a Single Market, so you can set different parameters on any market you'll choose to trade on.

What has your experience over the last few months been?

In the USD/BTC of course, all people who hold have a loss.
But on other markets there's always some market with a rise and there's always the possibility to gain something.
JonBoy

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 04:54:05 PM

In the USD/BTC of course, all people who hold have a loss.
But on other markets there's always some market with a rise and there's always the possibility to gain something.

Thanks for your answers Sampey, but I have to admit that they don't fill me with confidence regarding the performance of CAT.

You say that anyone operating with BTC/USD has made a loss. This would suggest that CAT hasn't performed well on any of the coins which have fallen by a similar amount over the past few months.

Really??

That is pretty much every coin!

Sampey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 05:00:35 PM

You say that anyone operating with BTC/USD has made a loss. This would suggest that CAT hasn't performed well on any of the coins which have fallen by a similar amount over the past few months.

No, i told "In the USD/BTC of course, all people who hold have a loss" which means "if you hold your BTC while market (USD/BTC) is crashing, of course you will have a loss"
RenHoek

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 07:18:23 PM

No, i told "In the USD/BTC of course, all people who hold have a loss" which means "if you hold your BTC while market (USD/BTC) is crashing, of course you will have a loss"

yea, sadly true!
CAT has no Exit Strategie(Cat has no strategies at all), only "sell all"(stop loss)l Parameter, chosable by the user.
Cat only is sucssfull at a rising or floating around Market.
So Cat is not a real trading Bot, just a Trading Tool.

Esst mehr Scheisse, millionen Fliegen können nicht irren!  Cool
For this valueable Tip your ฿ Donation to:
1DNbwKGmQytSY69TuK9fLFQVXQjnVw18pY
Sampey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 07:22:16 PM

yea, sadly true!
CAT has no Exit Strategie(Cat has no strategies at all), only "sell all"(stop loss)l Parameter, chosable by the user.

What other Exit Strategies do you know?
Sampey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 07:25:28 PM

To be honest i don't agree with that :

When market is rising Buy (Ping) -> Sell (Pong) works. (you will have more value in BTC)
When a market is dropping Sell(Ping) -> Buy (Pong) works (you will have more Quantity in Alt-Currency)

the difference is the TOTAL Value of final result against BTC Value (or Fiat Value)
RenHoek

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 07:29:59 PM

yea, sadly true!

What other Exit Strategies do you know?
Find me a trader who is able to make Gain on a dropping market (or even a human).

There mathematikal Algos using some Statistik  Grid maths to try the best Exit without loose.
But i have not  as you have no such Algo ..

Don't take me wrong, Cat is nice, but it is not a autark Bot or something  this.
You have to think and trade yourself, just using CAt as a real supporting and helpfulll Tool as well.

When a market is dropping Sell(Ping) -> Buy (Pong) works (you will have more Quantity in Alt-Currency)

sorry that is not a real gain Wink I have a lot worthless Altcoins, cant sell them for the BTC what they have cost me!

And also on Cat you cant realy use Sell and Buy at the same time, not even as Exit Strategie while you sleep or something else.

Sampey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 07:43:25 PM

There mathematikal Algos using some Statistik  Grid maths to try the best Exit without loose.
But i have not  as you have no such Algo ..

You mean the algo that try to predict btc future and usually fails (i read every day the speculation section, a lot of laugh)

Don't take me wrong, Cat is nice, but it is not a autark Bot or something  this.
You have to think and trade yourself, just using CAt as a real supporting and helpfulll Tool as well.

Oh well if you think to start C.A.t. and return 124 Hours Later with your 10 BTC Gain, i agree with you.

sorry that is not a real gain Wink I have a lot worthless Altcoins, cant sell them for the BTC what they have cost me!

Is a Gain in quantity term. And if market will rise you will see gain in total value terms.
If market will never rise, ok, is a loss.

And also on Cat you cant realy use Sell and Buy at the same time, not even as Exit Strategie while you sleep or something else.

Why? I usually start with 1 Ping buy + 1 PIng sell order
If you set STOP LOSS or STOP PING CREATION and you go to bed C.A.T. will apply the rules when verified.
RenHoek

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 07:46:34 PM

Why? I usually start with 1 Ping buy + 1 PIng sell order
If you set STOP LOSS or STOP PING CREATION and you go to bed C.A.T. will apply the rules when verified.

That's the Problem! If u use "stop Ping creation" you also stop the Sell Ping, or not!? This Abort smart Exit!

Edit:
There is a break in conversation. I see you understud this main Problem of aktual CAT Version  Wink
There is something to do on the core and the Settings page as well!

Sampey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 07:57:56 PM

Well this is not a problem, it's only an option i can include.
TO be honest nobody ask me a "Sell All Sell Pool if price goes under X" but i can add this option.....
RenHoek

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 08:01:13 PM

Well this is not a problem, it's only an option i can include.
TO be hones nobody ask me a "Sell All Sell Pool if price goes under X" but i can add this option.....

to be honest, i readed the messagaes from users, want to sell they Cat copies... thats a other form from asking to make Cat better.  Wink
who sells a working Gold digger?  Cheesy

Sampey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 08:02:54 PM

to be honest, i readed the messagaes from users, want to sell thair Cat copies... thats a other form from asking to make Cat better.  Wink

How many? Do you know how many C.A.T. copies i sold? Probably not, because number of people who sold C.A.T. are very few.
And usually reasons are only because they didn't have time to follow market trading.
Don't speak about things you don't know.
RenHoek

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 08:06:41 PM

to be honest, i readed the messagaes from users, want to sell thair Cat copies... thats a other form from asking to make Cat better.  Wink

How many? Do you know how many C.A.T. copies i sold? Probably not, because number of people who sold C.A.T. are very few.
And usually reasons are only because they didn't have time to follow market trading.
Don't speak about things you don't know.

no time to make Money?  Wink
sorry, didn't want to offend you. Only sughestions!
as i said: i love Cat, it is nice, but it could be even more nicer!

Sampey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 08:11:03 PM

no time to make Money?
as i said: i love Cat, it is nice, but it could be more nicer!

If you can't follow market you can't make money, some person change house, some other exit from cryptocurrency world, it's more than 1 year i'm selling C.a.T. obviously someone decide to sell his copy. And of course, there are some people who are not very good at trade, or people who bought C.A.T. @0.4 and sell it for 0.6-0.8

I Accept and appreciate your suggestions, and i will add new features in the core (in the 2.3 version there will be some of them).
RenHoek

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 08:27:24 PM

no time to make Money?

If you can't follow market you can't make money, some person change house, some other exit from cryptocurrency world, it's more than 1 year i'm selling C.a.T. obviously someone decide to sell his copy. And of course, there are some people who are not very good at trade, or people who bought C.A.T. @0.4 and sell it for 0.6-0.8

I Accept and appreciate your suggestions, and i will add new features in the core (in the 2.3 version there will be some of them).

if you apperciate my sughestions, i have very much of them, but normaly i should take Money for them!  Grin (joke)
(a free Bittrex frontend is enough!  Grin ( 2nd. joke))
:

one other is:

when timer is runned out and return to BTC is aktiv, there should be a Option - cancel unused "buy shitcoins" orders!
(this would make the risk more less, to let Cat work alone or over night!)

RenHoek

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 08:46:09 PM

no time to make Money?

if you apperciate my sughestions, i have very much of them, but normaly i should take Money for them!  Grin (joke)
(a free Bittrex frontend is enough!  Grin ( 2nd. joke))
:

one other is:

when timer is runned out and return to BTC is aktiv, there should be a Option - cancel unused "buy shitcoins" orders!
(this would make the risk more less, to let Cat work alone or over night!)

to enhance this Feature:

Chose to :

cancell all CAT Buy orders ( )

or

cancel all CAT and Markets Buy Orders ( )

As i said... there must be a advanced Settings side!  Smiley

to enhance that:

cancel all Buy orders > x...     and so on....

As i said... there must be a advanced Settings Page!   Grin

Sampey (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 08:50:28 PM

And the sell side?
When i add an option it must be an option that could be used by all the users, i cant add "custom" request.

And the most important thing, is a wise choose of all options because i want to avoid result that people won't buy C.A.T. because is too complex
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 273 »
  Print  

Jump to: