Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:44:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How would you rate Bitcoin Savings & Trust?
5 - Excellent
4 - Very Good
3 - Good
2 - Fair
1 - Poor
No comment just show me the results.

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Savings and Trust | Home | Closed  (Read 802039 times)
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 04:31:25 PM

woof woof!

Nice to see YOU again here Mr. Dog.

Someone throw him a bone, please !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 04:39:43 PM
Merited by amishmanish (1)

Disclosure: I pulled all of my money from pirate. I had around $1000 dollars in it, which compared to my income is a large amount. I could no longer ignore the feeling in my gut.

That being said, this situation is getting to the point of ridiculousness. Pirate just keeps assuring people he is legit, without ever really doing anything else besides paying out 7%. He never states what he is doing, he just has some secret where he can pull BTC from some unknown source to give back to investors. It resembles a ponzi, I'm sorry but it does. I've watched the bonds issued by Goat and Foo grow every week as more and more people join in. Pirate can't prove he isn't a ponzi, and if anyone says contrary it just turns into a flame war and gets nowhere.

I don't know if it's legit, I don't know if it's illegitimate. Nobody does. The retarded amount of flaming is a sad state of affairs. I appreciate opposing view points, there is no reason not to. Investing money is serious business, and people deserve all the information they can get their hands on. Unfortunately, there isn't much information to be found. All people see is 7%. Until Pirate comes out and gives a detailed description of what he does, the theories will keep on coming.

Sorry pirate (assuming your legit) but it's inescapable. This is a very high risk investment due to the lack of information. I knew that when I signed up, and I'm sure others do to. You can't be mad when people point out the raging similarities between your operation and a ponzi.

1) No information
2) Nice returns for investors
3) Ever increasing amounts of money thrown your way
4) Capital based incentives (at this point)

You can't escape these claims until more transparency is provided about your operation. You won't. Sorry. Get used to it.

On Pirate's side are people assuring a legitimate operation based solely on returns (up to this point), which investment-wise is a fair point. On the other side are people pointing out the similarities between this operation and a ponzi, also a fair point. Bad news Pirate's side, your assurance is how a ponzi operation works, so it's not really evidence to the contrary.  

Anyone with their head not wedged tightly in their ass could step back and see the merits of the opposing argument. What they are saying DOES make sense, it looks EXACTLY like a ponzi. That doesn't mean it is, and it is up to investors to weigh the pros and cons before investing.

All this being said, since I cannot prove or disprove your legitimacy, I would like to thank you for my returns for 5 weeks. I had GLBSE investments provided by Goat and Foo and never had a problem with either of them.

If you are illegitimate, I'll see you in hell.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late."

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2012, 04:42:19 PM

FUD

Please post your FUD on one of the other threads.  This thread is not for debating what I do.

finkleshnorts

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 04:46:21 PM

FUD

Please post your FUD on one of the other threads.  This thread is not for debating what I do.

This is fair.

What exactly is this thread for then, with the new thread for announcements, etc?
humanitee

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 04:46:44 PM

It's not FUD.

It's logic and reasoning. I'm not accusing you of having a ponzi, I can't prove or disprove it. No need to be arrogant, this is the price you pay for running the operation you do. Get used to it. Have a nice day.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
BINANCE
─────── LAB

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 04:47:44 PM

FUD

Wow that's quite an emotional response?? Surely a legitimate business can handle clients discontinuing their participation and voicing their opinion why they made that decision, right?

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2012, 04:47:49 PM

What exactly is this thread for then, with the new thread for announcements, etc?

Check out the second line on the OP.

hazek
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 04:53:10 PM

Check out the second line on the OP.

And how is humanitee's post not "general discussion"? He didn't make any claims what you do, he just voiced his opinion and stated the reason for withdrawing.. What could possibly be more general than that?

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2012, 04:54:09 PM

FUD

Wow that's quite an emotional response?? Surely a legitimate business can handle clients discontinuing their participation and voicing their opinion why they made that decision, right?

Emotional?  I really think you have a strange view on what you read.  Like the first post after I unlocked the thread states.  There are many places to spread your inspiring information.  

I'll be reporting every post to the mods going forward that doesn't fit in the guidelines of this thread.  If it continues after my attempt to control this thread I'll lock the thread and move everything to IRC where I can.

hazek
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 05:06:28 PM

Disclosure: I pulled all of my money from pirate. I had around $1000 dollars in it, which compared to my income is a large amount. I could no longer ignore the feeling in my gut.

That being said, this situation is getting to the point of ridiculousness. Pirate just keeps assuring people he is legit, without ever really doing anything else besides paying out 7%. He never states what he is doing, he just has some secret where he can pull BTC from some unknown source to give back to investors. It resembles a ponzi, I'm sorry but it does. I've watched the bonds issued by Goat and Foo grow every week as more and more people join in. Pirate can't prove he isn't a ponzi, and if anyone says contrary it just turns into a flame war and gets nowhere.

I don't know if it's legit, I don't know if it's illegitimate. Nobody does. The retarded amount of flaming is a sad state of affairs. I appreciate opposing view points, there is no reason not to. Investing money is serious business, and people deserve all the information they can get their hands on. Unfortunately, there isn't much information to be found. All people see is 7%. Until Pirate comes out and gives a detailed description of what he does, the theories will keep on coming.

Sorry pirate (assuming your legit) but it's inescapable. This is a very high risk investment due to the lack of information. I knew that when I signed up, and I'm sure others do to. You can't be mad when people point out the raging similarities between your operation and a ponzi.

1) No information
2) Nice returns for investors
3) Ever increasing amounts of money thrown your way
4) Capital based incentives (at this point)

You can't escape these claims until more transparency is provided about your operation. You won't. Sorry. Get used to it.

On Pirate's side are people assuring a legitimate operation based solely on returns (up to this point), which investment-wise is a fair point. On the other side are people pointing out the similarities between this operation and a ponzi, also a fair point. Bad news Pirate's side, your assurance is how a ponzi operation works, so it's not really evidence to the contrary.  

Anyone with their head not wedged tightly in their ass could step back and see the merits of the opposing argument. What they are saying DOES make sense, it looks EXACTLY like a ponzi. That doesn't mean it is, and it is up to investors to weigh the pros and cons before investing.

All this being said, since I cannot prove or disprove your legitimacy, I would like to thank you for my returns for 5 weeks. I had GLBSE investments provided by Goat and Foo and never had a problem with either of them.

If you are illegitimate, I'll see you in hell.

Emotional?  I really think you have a strange view on what you read.  Like the first post after I unlocked the thread states.  There are many places to spread your inspiring information.  

I'll be reporting every post to the mods going forward that doesn't fit in the guidelines of this thread.  If it continues after my attempt to control this thread I'll lock the thread and move everything to IRC where I can.

Well you quoted humanitee but, unlike me, you replaced his post with "FUD", a post which only stated that he withdrew his "investment" and stated his reason why, hardly FUD(fear uncertainty destruction), I mean perhaps fear and uncertainty but certainly not destruction, he didn't even accuse of anything and surely a legitimate business should be able to survive a single client leaving, right?

humanitee

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 05:07:50 PM

Adding to the list:
BTCS&T – Why many people here are massive scammers and suckers

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
BINANCE
─────── LAB

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2012, 05:10:29 PM

Done

Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 05:12:45 PM

When a scammer asks you to leave his thread, ignore it.

We're not here to be nice. People are convinced the topic in question here is stealing peoples' money, and trying to stop that discussion by telling people to go away is absurd.

I, for one, am ready to face the consequences if I'm wrong. I wouldn't be doing this if I had any doubt I'm seeing a textbook HYIP scam.
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 05:13:13 PM

Now if only I could a referral...
You won't need one soon!

The referral process ends with the new accounts in August?
I don't see that change anywhere  Huh

Same here.

I asked a while back if you need an invite with these new changes and never got any response ...

Can anyone deposit on the "starter" 100 BTC plan from 1 August ?
pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2012, 05:15:19 PM

Now if only I could a referral...
You won't need one soon!

The referral process ends with the new accounts in August?
I don't see that change anywhere  Huh

Same here.

I asked a while back if you need an invite with these new changes and never got any response ...

Can anyone deposit on the "starter" 100 BTC plan from 1 August ?

It's in the thread somewhere after the initial post on the changes but yes they'll be open to anyone.

humanitee

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 05:20:07 PM

No it's not.

I stated what I did and stated why he gets the responses he does in this and other threads. You think it's bad now? Just wait. The bigger he gets the more positive and negative responses he'll elicit. Sorry, it's part of a healthy forum. Get used to it.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
BINANCE
─────── LAB

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
hazek
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 05:21:18 PM

It's fear, uncertainty, and doubt.  Not destruction.

Ahh ok, my mistake. The post could be called that although it's not. Regardless, I still don't understand why would FUD mater to a legitimate business. Do you not remember that there was a time when he even had a limit to how many people could deposit? But suddenly if people leave and voice their opinion it's called FUD and ex clients are being told to keep it to themselves? What changed?

danieldaniel

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 05:26:42 PM

It's fear, uncertainty, and doubt.  Not destruction.

Ahh ok, my mistake. The post could be called that although it's not. Regardless, I still don't understand why would FUD mater to a legitimate business. Do you not remember that there was a time when he even had a limit to how many people could deposit? But suddenly if people leave and voice their opinion it's called FUD and ex clients are being told to keep it to themselves? What changed?
Here's my view on all this.  I personally don't think he is a scam/ponzi.  I am not saying that I don't have any doubts, because I have self-debated about the topic many times.  I don't have many BTC with him anymore, just enough to make a reasonable profit. 

What I think is bad, however, is what Blitz stated in https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91552.0.
Summary of his thread:
Let's say that pirate is running a legit operation, it's still indistinguishable from a Ponzi.  What's to stop people from defending a real ponzi?

Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 05:31:11 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2012, 06:05:09 PM by Vladimir

... surely a legitimate business should be able to survive a single client leaving, right?

Now, hypothetically speaking let's for just a second, lol, assume that here is indeed a ponzi scheme, and this ponzi scheme has announced that soon it will significantly lower "the interest" at some given date. This hypothetical ponzi scheme has also made some announcement that it's principal who remained anonymous for long time will magically appear at some meetup (with "private security") just a few days before the interest cut-off date and reveal to the world his identity.

The question is: Why our hypothetical ponzi scheme would make such moves? The only plausible answer I can see is that this is an attempt to create an incentive for investors to postpone the decision on withdrawing "the investments" until the cut-off date and play on healthy curiosity of most of the hopium smoking victims. Thus this is creating a window of maximum opportunity for said hypothetical ponzi master to have all the money suddenly "evaporated" right before expected miracle of ceasing being anonymous and actually instead of it.

Now, for another second let's equally hypothetically speaking assume that this is indeed not a ponzi but some miracle worker with some troubles rising low cost capital. Why would such a legitimate gentleman all of the sudden decide to go public on some second tier meet up? Right before dramatical change of "interest" date and after ignoring persistent calls to come clean for very long time, no less. Why not just have a website and post registration details of a relevant company?

Curiosier and curiosier.

-
bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

rippleFanatic

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 05:57:24 PM

So.. there appears to be a whole lot of lenders, but no sign of borrowers paying the interest?

Have any pirate investors seen any episode of a show called American Greed? weeknights at 10pm on CNBC.

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: