Bitcoin Forum
June 09, 2024, 12:57:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or gold?  (Read 984416 times)
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 11:59:19 AM

BTC is easier to carry, you can travel around the world with it, but gold's easier to sell, and there are more buyers. I bet there are more gold ATM than there are BTC ATM in the world. All the Chineses and Indians love gold.

Why do you think physical gold is easier to sell? Have you ever sold gold bullion in real life? You can sell bitcoins at any of the multiple exchanges out there within just a few minutes (actually, transaction confirmations would take longer than the selling process itself)...

Yes, very easy. You walk into a bank, you put your gold coins on the desk, and they give you cash straightaway. That's in lovely Switzerland. Anyone knows of a shop where you can sell BTC for cash? It's much faster than selling BTC online, because you have to wait 24 hours to have the money on your bank account.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
bitboy11

Activity: 534
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 12:03:33 PM

This is quite simple.
Ask yourself which commodity you are more likely to make money with.

Gold will relatively be at the same price range in 10 years gave or take $100.
You are also very unlikely to lose your money once invested in gold.

Bitcoin is extremely volatile and unpredictable.
The value can skyrocket, making you very rich with a sizable investment.
It can also make you go completely broke, if the market eventually decides to reject it.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2015, 02:14:10 PM

BTC is easier to carry, you can travel around the world with it, but gold's easier to sell, and there are more buyers. I bet there are more gold ATM than there are BTC ATM in the world. All the Chineses and Indians love gold.

Why do you think physical gold is easier to sell? Have you ever sold gold bullion in real life? You can sell bitcoins at any of the multiple exchanges out there within just a few minutes (actually, transaction confirmations would take longer than the selling process itself)...

Yes, very easy. You walk into a bank, you put your gold coins on the desk, and they give you cash straightaway. That's in lovely Switzerland. Anyone knows of a shop where you can sell BTC for cash? It's much faster than selling BTC online, because you have to wait 24 hours to have the money on your bank account.

What are the conditions and circumstances that you kept silence about? I mean something like the state of coins, a bank where they had been bought at, assay control. And, before all, the price that they are going to set, and how different it will be from the spot market quotation...

manwithat

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 04:41:38 PM

I wouldn't choose any of these. Gold goes down and I predict that it will go even lower. Bitcoins are not stable and who knows what will be later. If we are talking in depositing in some kind of materials for some years I would prefer diamonds. I don't say that their value won't fall, but I'm sure that they won't fall as fast as gold and bitcoins.

hxinr

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 08:33:42 AM

Really have to choose, I would still choose gold, bitcoin I will be appropriate to buy, hold.
Josef27

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 02:18:33 PM

I started to think..

What if the gold contains private key of bitcoin address that have a lot of btc?
KenR

Activity: 910

「きみはこれ&#

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 03:46:58 PM

If I were to choose botcoin or gold, then I would choose both, as equally harmful as a good investment.
I would buy gold and bitcoin when it drops and then sell it when the price goes up and it was done during the first 5 years as an investment for the next 5 years.

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .WEBSITE.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .ANN THREAD.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 07:32:00 PM

What are the conditions and circumstances that you kept silence about? I mean something like the state of coins, a bank where they had been bought at, assay control. And, before all, the price that they are going to set, and how different it will be from the spot market quotation...

I'm not hiding anything. I'll just add a small correction, my experience wasn't with bullions, which often carry some emotional value, linked to the country which minted them, but one 100 grams ingot. That bar of course had the proper identification papers to prove it was genuine.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 05:21:12 PM

That's the fiat's money's problem not bitcoin. The fact that you have to wait 24 hours to get the cash is your bank's and the fiat system's fault. How is that bitcoins fault? It isnt.

So if all people would use bitcoin, they would only need to wait 10 minutes.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 05:36:23 PM

This is quite simple.
Ask yourself which commodity you are more likely to make money with.
-snipe-
That is not that simple. If you only want to earn money bitcoin is far better. But if you want to invest in the future. And be 100% sure that you won't go bankrupt in case of war or EMP attack, then gold or other 'physical' commodities are the only option.
cooldgamer
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

We are the champions of the night

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 08:18:34 PM

I'd have to say gold.  10 years is a long time, but gold is a relatively stable store of value.  I'd put some into BTC, but not risking it all if I have to choose

However, with Bitcoin you can also use tether to be able to hold fiat and not technically sell it, so if that's an option...

EMIF

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 08:30:43 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2015, 10:31:40 PM by EMIF

If you had to convert all your wealth to either Bitcoin or gold and keep it there for 10 years, which would you choose? Keep in mind the fact that Bitcoin has only been around for 5 years, and could be fundamentally different in any number of ways in 10 years.

Would definitely choose Bitcoin. The reason is simple. In mid-2012 1g gold was equal to nearly 5 BTC. Now 1 BTC is equal to nearly 6g gold.
And BTC is also not controlled by big players as gold.
musfar

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 08:35:17 PM

Both.
techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 10:00:26 PM

Gold, its been proven for a decade.

As for bitcoin, its trying to get their in less time where gold sits at in value. But, gold is something technically you can touch and go sell that almost universally everyone understands it s value.

you go to a pawn shop and you say you`d like to sell your bitcoin, they`ll give you the wtf face.

But, gold as in invest in the stocks that mine it not the physical bar itself. People get too confused and they end up hoarding bars, without understanding how liquidation works.

pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 10:48:09 PM

Gold, its been proven for a decade.

As for bitcoin, its trying to get their in less time where gold sits at in value. But, gold is something technically you can touch and go sell that almost universally everyone understands it s value.

you go to a pawn shop and you say you`d like to sell your bitcoin, they`ll give you the wtf face.

But, gold as in invest in the stocks that mine it not the physical bar itself. People get too confused and they end up hoarding bars, without understanding how liquidation works.
Gold is boring, you will never become rich in 10 years by holding Gold.
Now by holding Bitcoin... no one knows, which makes the future exciting to look forward. I choose a exciting future.
Snipe85

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

Infleum

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 11:12:28 PM

Gold is ok if you just want to store your wealth without it gaining value. Buying Bitcoin is like joining the gold rush: you can gain a lot or lose everything.
If you agree that Bitcoin is the future, you know what to do. To each his own. I think it has still a long way to go but would still choose it over gold.

Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 09:33:41 AM

Both
But I'll invest more for the gold

faucet used to be profitable
rio3232

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 03:00:31 AM

I'd have to say gold.  10 years is a long time, but gold is a relatively stable store of value.  I'd put some into BTC, but not risking it all if I have to choose

However, with Bitcoin you can also use tether to be able to hold fiat and not technically sell it, so if that's an option...

yeah u right, me too. this two have downsides too.

bitcoin itself have more risky than gold, gold in real life also its viable, better than bitcoin which is only in the internet.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 03:05:37 AM

yeah u right, me too. this two have downsides too.

bitcoin itself have more risky than gold, gold in real life also its viable, better than bitcoin which is only in the internet.
but seen from the times of increasingly sophisticated i'm not sure the internet will be hard to find ..
better to have both Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
planetroving
Legendary

Activity: 2170

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 06:43:42 AM

Both for sure, as Bitcoins and Gold have their plus and minus. One might fail, and you still have the other. So both, to be on the safe side.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: