Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:22:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or gold?  (Read 984412 times)
co5hike

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 09:19:59 PM

The fact that bitcoin is so new makes it hard to pick it in such a two-choice game IMO, gold has existed from many years and it's value although not that stable is still approved by most people and therefore gains value, Bitcoin is new and has not completed 10 years yet and does not have that much of mainstream adoption yet.

I would invest in both. Bitcoin, in my opinion, is more likely to gain a larger amount of value over the next 10 years, but is also a much riskier investment than gold, for obvious reasons.
About 10 years.we know that bitcoin has limitation and it will increase more but 10 years is too long to reach maximum profit in bitcoin and i think the maximum profit that you can get in bitcoin is $1000-$2000..

We really don't know that bitcoin will survive that long or not as its always risky to invest in bitcoin, So I would prefer to invest in gold to have a stable profits in future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cazkooo
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1013

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 05:52:52 AM

We really don't know that bitcoin will survive that long or not as its always risky to invest in bitcoin, So I would prefer to invest in gold to have a stable profits in future.

Bitcoin has survive the early stages and the price has gone up drastically since it first started, if it can handle the early stages then there is no way that it could have been dead . The worst possible case will be that it will never improve anymore and the price wont increase however being dead is another story
Scream

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

U will never know the true answer, before you try

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 07:07:00 AM

Bitcoin has survive the early stages and the price has gone up drastically since it first started, if it can handle the early stages then there is no way that it could have been dead . The worst possible case will be that it will never improve anymore and the price wont increase however being dead is another story

yeah if we ceck the history bitcoin  has reach more than 1000% , from 10cent to $1000 that's why some people says bitcoin is magic currency. i think we can reach $1000 again soon.
jkrules

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 07:25:19 AM

gold would be the safe bet and bitcoin the risky. With gold having had thousands of years of maintained value and bitcoin being a few years old and extremely volatile.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 07:46:38 AM

gold would be the safe bet and bitcoin the risky. With gold having had thousands of years of maintained value and bitcoin being a few years old and extremely volatile.

with the risk comes reward. if you don't take any risks then you can never earn any profits.
the stability of gold price makes it harder to make any profit from it while bitcoin's volatility makes it a very good option for making big profits.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
jkrules

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 07:55:31 AM

with the risk comes reward. if you don't take any risks then you can never earn any profits.
the stability of gold price makes it harder to make any profit from it while bitcoin's volatility makes it a very good option for making big profits.

I believe that as gold gets rarer I would want to have some as part of my portfolio but I also would like to hold bitcoin as for liquidity purposes it is easier to exchange it to other assets fast, plus I believe in the new technology and what it can offer Mankind in general over the next few decades. So a bit of both would be wise to hold at this present time.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 08:05:16 AM

Putin and china believes in gold and they are massing all the gold they can get while we the techy ones are going for bitcoin.
Bitcoin will match up with gold someday and we just have to wait for it.
Gold is money of rich people it is not important if they are Russians or Chinese..
They are controlling majority of reserves through their funds and banks. They are masters of this world. Through history you can find only evidences how gold is important. Bitcoin is far far away..

Far away bit it has proved it has the ability to last long with its technology which has reached a historical position in a very short time of 7 years which is not at all possible with any other country.

No doubt bitcoin has reached to a historical position in last few years but where its gonna land in future that on one know and that is the reason its having less investors.

Look at the very beginning of Bitcoin when it was only worth a few bucks. People that bought themself a large postion in Bitcoin for a very low amount are now millionaires. They know how to spot great things with high future potential. Right now there are indeed not that many people who are actually invested in Bitcoin, that's why it has a small market cap. However, that offers great investment options. Buy when you have the chance to enter the market at a great time. Don't wait. You will get rewarded for all your effort.
2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 08:37:36 AM

absolutely correct, because bitcoins are a better way of making money if we know when to enter and exit the markets, whilst gold does not give any such huge opportunities based on slow paced trading being done, and it is because it takes a lot of volume to take gold either up or down, but in bitcoins, it does not.
defined

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 08:49:15 AM

Bitcoin market cap is often compared to gold. But how about oil? The total value of all bitcoins is worth only 2 days of oil production. Not much at all! It is also worth two days of "quantitative easing" in Europe. If Bitcoin ever becomes mainstream, it can go up 1000+ times.
armansolis593

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 09:28:41 AM

Bitcoin is what people prefer for its many uses in todays life,you can send money from around the world,buy thing online and investing has never been easy with bitcoin.
expert4knowledge

Activity: 826

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 12:34:32 PM

Well, thanks for your comprehensive response. I agree with most of them. Although I doubt if they try to imprison people who own bitcoin.

This is not a theoretical future event, its already the case that people have placed in prison for using or mining bitcoin.   I read this was the case in Venezuela though it could be misinformation, I think its quite likely as the government has a giant fiscal deficit thanks to low oil price and is making up the difference in new money.   Also there is precedent in similar cases of a government struggling to maintain its monopoly over transactional currency, inflation is a form of tax not understood by populations.  The USA devaluation of gold was a form of taxation, it formed the start of big government spending as the biggest benefactor was the largest holder of gold which is US gov at that time
 Now BTC which is not held or controlled is a natural opposition to currency controls as we saw in China also

Gold, Silver & Palladium,

Palladium is mostly related to Car exhaust usage as a fume filter so it is industrial and also mostly mined in Russia.  Silver is also industrial and a bi-product of lead and other metals mined.  Only gold is fairly unique in its usage as precious metal only
Thanks, I have not heard about those cases so far and they can be bad news for bitcoin and bitcoin owners.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
              ▄███▌ █
             ▀▀▀██▄  █
           ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
          █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄██ ███▄    █
        ▐███▀   ▀█   █
        ████     █   █
       ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
       ▀▄▄███▌      █
   ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
 ▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
               █  ▄▀
               ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
  ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
   ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄  ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
    ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
   ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
     ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
     ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████  ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
     █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
     ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                                ▄█████
                                                                            ▄███████▀
                                                                            ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  LIGHTPAPER...
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
expert4knowledge

Activity: 826

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 12:38:47 PM

Bitcoin market cap is often compared to gold. But how about oil? The total value of all bitcoins is worth only 2 days of oil production. Not much at all! It is also worth two days of "quantitative easing" in Europe. If Bitcoin ever becomes mainstream, it can go up 1000+ times.
Yes, but comparing the age of each of them you can compare them to bitcoin and see it can have good future. But not as giant as gold.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
              ▄███▌ █
             ▀▀▀██▄  █
           ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
          █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄██ ███▄    █
        ▐███▀   ▀█   █
        ████     █   █
       ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
       ▀▄▄███▌      █
   ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
 ▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
               █  ▄▀
               ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
  ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
   ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄  ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
    ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
   ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
     ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
     ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████  ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
     █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
     ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                                ▄█████
                                                                            ▄███████▀
                                                                            ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  LIGHTPAPER...
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
greghansel89

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 01:27:35 PM

Bitcoin will be my choice because bitcoin has many ways to gain it like doing micro tasking and doing freelance while in gold i cant find any work that would pay me by gold.
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 07:24:40 PM

Gold's 16.1% surge in Q1 2016 ias the best start to a year since 1974. Overall, this is the best quarter since Q3 1986 and is the best performing major commodity of the year. Gold rallied this year as it cemented its status as a store of value amid financial market turbulence and concern about the global economy, which led to speculation that the Federal Reserve would pause on tightening monetary policy in the U.S. Having seen BlackRock's gold ETF halted due to inability to meet physical demand, it appears pet rocks and barbarous relics are 'worth' something after all.
lissandra

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 08:51:56 PM

The fact that bitcoin is so new makes it hard to pick it in such a two-choice game IMO, gold has existed from many years and it's value although not that stable is still approved by most people and therefore gains value, Bitcoin is new and has not completed 10 years yet and does not have that much of mainstream adoption yet.

the harder truth to swallow pride would be after its noticed.

how much of the #`s really add up to being adopted and stay as adopted then being a 1 time thing.

but yeah knowing theres better security options gold ftw.

xht

Activity: 462

hey you, yeah you, fuck you!!!

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 09:42:32 PM

For long-term investment i would choose invest with gold because surely gold prices will go up over the time.

Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 09:59:58 PM

Bitcoin is now more valuable than gold bitcoins price are exploding to sky than gold now.
I will choose bitcoin no matter what happen bitcoin is bitcoin its have no stable value unlike gold.
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 10:09:32 PM

For long-term investment i would choose invest with gold because surely gold prices will go up over the time.

This reminds me of what people used to say about Real Estate before 08...
Economics rule #1: NOTHING will surely go up.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Devesh

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 10:34:10 PM

Both is very profitable in terms of investments but bitcoin has more potential of earning than gold.

Bitcoin is very good in long term investment which had no exact value expecting to grow every year too.

Sidi25

Activity: 134
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2016, 08:40:43 AM

Due to the our current global financial problems both ways are good for investment.
Gold stays stable. Looking deeper, you will see countries like Russia or China are storing more n more Gold.
I'd follow this trend. We are moving more n more to a world of virtuel currency.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,        
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖      
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌    
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,  
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌  
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌  
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`  
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████    
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜      
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀        
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin | CloakCoin - Private, Secure, Untraceable & Decentralized Digital Currency |  Enigma
Chat | Bitcointalk | Twitter |   Facebook |  Steemit |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram
Pages: « 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: