Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:38:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 [584] 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🥊 The UFC Info and Prediction Thread  (Read 85753 times)
Synchronice

Activity: 854
Merit: 773

Watch Bitcoin Documentary - https://t.ly/v0Nim

View Profile
January 20, 2024, 06:35:11 PM

Just watched the pre fight press conference.  I'm kinda more scared at Strickland now that he's taking everything lightly but then say that he wants to fight to the death.  What a psychopath.  And he did say a couple of times before that one day he felt that he could kill somebody inside the octagon if pushed the wrong way...  I think the press conference during December kinda pushed Strickland the wrong way when DDP said he'll remind Strickland of his father beating him as a kid when they fight.  :/

I wonder what kind of game plan Strickland and his corner are bringing...  Can't wait!

Well, we might say that DDP managed to get in Strickland head with that father punchline. That childhood memories really takes the ground away under Strickland feet. Check out how he got emotional while talking about childhood https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzgxoRhcCS4.

As to Strickland being a psycopath - yeah, he really is. I also remember that in an interview he has told, that if it was allowed, he would kill someone in the octagon without much doubts. Really crazy guy. He is one of those guys, who got license to legally beat other people Cheesy
DDP completely lost moral and conscience. Stickland has a very sad past, he was mentally and physically abused, he was under huge stress. Yes, I know that UFC fighters say many offensive things against each other but there are lines and limits. It is 100% immoral to touch a thing that was a part of childhood trauma and abuse because there are kids who experience the same and this kind of sentence means a huge disrespect and mocking towards those kids who suffer every day in their families because of abuse from parents.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
owengtam09

Activity: 1330
Merit: 248

View Profile
January 20, 2024, 11:10:57 PM
Merited by Welsh (6)

At the Press Conference, There wasn't much trash talk for Sean Strickland maybe because the ticket and PPV sales have reached what they expected just like Dana White said, but for sure it will be a great fight right now it is a close odds for these two fighters and I also am still picking who to pick yet, because each style can surely go on their way, but after seeing that press conference Dricus Du Plessis looks serious it could be a seriousness that he can not defeat Strickland or a seriousness that he has a plan in defeating Strickland this is the way I see things, but right now here is my pick for the UFC 297,

Sean Strickland (1.95) VS Dricus Du Plessis (1.98)

Getting into this fight Sean Strickland's defense is a sure massive threat for Dricus Du Plessis the question is can Dricus penetrate it, for sure Du Plessis has the power in his striking so this is what Strickland should be careful with but if he can negate that using Philly Shell defense he is safe but as Dricus is not all about striking as he has grappling that is deadlier than stand-up fight for sure even though Strickland has said in the press conference that they will come at each other in a standing match Dricus Du Plessis for sure would soon realize that he truly needed to take the fight in the ground and because of that wrestling advantage my pick is Dricus Du Plessis,

Raquel Pennington (2.45) VS Mayra Bueno Silva (1.63)

For this fight, Mayra Bueno Silva can finish the fight on the ground while he doesn't have great boxing it doesn't matter because he got great takedown and grappling and even clinched that knee that he can try against Pennington, while Raquel Pennington, is definitely a beast in her own right and just like she had said she is long in the business and have fought well-known fighter than Bueno Silva ever did, Ketlen Vieira, Aspen Ladd, Macy Chiasson, Miesha Tate, Amanda Nunes, and even Holly Holm her level of stand-up was superb, and for sure Raquel Pennington has more experience, also my pick is Raquel Pennington,

Chris Curtis (1.56) VS Marc-André Barriault (2.65)

In this fight, I like Chris Curtis and how his Striking can progress with the fight for Marc-André Barriault he likes to break guys and pressure them in the standing, but I think he can not break Chris Curtis the fundamental with Curtis's boxing is superb while he also got great ground game, for sure I would like to believe that Andre Barriault can defeat Curtis because he was from a lost while Barriault was from 2 consecutive wins which is not the thing in the UFC, right now I am leaning towards Chris Curtis and my pick for sure is definitely Chris Curtis,

vennali
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1081

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
January 21, 2024, 08:01:01 AM

Sean Strickland (1.95) VS Dricus Du Plessis (1.98)
Raquel Pennington (2.45) VS Mayra Bueno Silva (1.63)
Chris Curtis (1.56) VS Marc-André Barriault (2.65)
Congrats! That's 3 out of 3 wins! Well done. Fairly good fights and DDP vs Strickland was very very close. I think Strickland started off really well and overwhelmingly won the first round but Strickland turned it around and won 3 straight after that. Cut Strickland open in the 2nd was crucial to get some positive reinforcement and keep going. Both men had amazing cardio, especially DDP who kept going for all 5 rounds while Strickland slowed down in the middle rounds. Take-downs were pretty crucial too. Strickland seemed like he just had 1 game plan in mind, and when that wasn't effective enough, he just kept doing the same thing. Mallot vs Magny was great as well, Somehow Magny turned it around after being battered for 2 straight rounds and won it via TKO. Same with Patterson, who was getting battered but grappled his way to a win.

pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2024, 11:42:06 AM

What a fight! Pretty much what everyone was expecting, except Du Plessis didn't gas out in the championship rounds. He looked tired as hell from round 2 but kept going anyway. It looked like Sean didn't press the gas pedal soon enough and let himself lose rounds, especially round 3, which turned out to be a deciding one. Maybe he should've gone for a few takedowns himself.
As always, whenever there's a split decision, people are crying that Strickland got robbed etc, but I don't see it this way. I was rooting for Sean but Dricus was more dominating was causing more damage.

Full scorecard:

▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

.PLAY NOW.
tokeweed (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
January 21, 2024, 12:29:10 PM

^  I was expecting 'to the death'.  Lolol.  Kidding, I really loved it but both couldn't finish each other.  Both styles were preventing them from knocking each other out.  But it was a very good fight.  

And wtf Canada.  The Canadian girls both won but none of the Canadian guys won.  All 7 of them...  :/  And they were all favorites too.  Cheesy

Anyway here are the results...

Dricus du Plessis def Sean Strickland SD
Raquel Pennington def Mayra Bueno Silva UD
Neil Magny def Mike Malott   TKO R3
Chris Curtis def Marc-Andre Barriault SD
Movsar Evloev def Arnold Allen UD
Garrett Armfield def Brad Katona   UD
Sean Woodson def Charles Jourdain SD
Ramon Taveras def Serhiy Sidey Decision SD
Gillian Robertson def Polyana Viana TKO R2
Sam Patterson def Yohan Lainesse Sub R1
Jasmine Jasudavicius def Priscila Cachoeira Sub R3
Jimmy Flick def Malcolm Gordon Sub R2

Here's the post fight press conference.

UFC 297:  Post Fight Press Conference
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ2G1M4M4rQ

It was a decent event overall.  Can't complain.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
TopTort777
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1436

View Profile
January 21, 2024, 08:14:39 PM

It is not that DDP was tired in championship round, but Strickland looked more fresh. Ive noticed he has good tank in late rounds agains Adesanya. In general, I like main event fight. I think Strickland landed more strikes. That would be enough to win imho, but it was DDP who welcomed each strike with face.

I dont agree with split decision. Draw would be better result, followed by a rematch. Becoming a champ via SD. I dont know. That is so shaking. Who faces DDP now? Izzy?

P.S. Feel sad for Strickland, as I think hype around him going to go really low, but he is such a funny guy Grin

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
owengtam09

Activity: 1330
Merit: 248

View Profile
January 21, 2024, 09:57:45 PM

Congrats! That's 3 out of 3 wins! Well done. Fairly good fights and DDP vs Strickland was very very close. I think Strickland started off really well and overwhelmingly won the first round but Strickland turned it around and won 3 straight after that. Cut Strickland open in the 2nd was crucial to get some positive reinforcement and keep going. Both men had amazing cardio, especially DDP who kept going for all 5 rounds while Strickland slowed down in the middle rounds. Take-downs were pretty crucial too. Strickland seemed like he just had 1 game plan in mind, and when that wasn't effective enough, he just kept doing the same thing. Mallot vs Magny was great as well, Somehow Magny turned it around after being battered for 2 straight rounds and won it via TKO. Same with Patterson, who was getting battered but grappled his way to a win.

WOW! Thanks, it was really amazing actually after I made my bet I got some plans with friends so I didn't watch it live, and this is the only time I saw the fights and it was a relief seeing that all of my bets won, for sure the defense of Strickland is really amazing but if that is the only thing he knows he will never win with a fighter that has knockout power, Dricus Du Plessis is also a is a scary dude but Sean Strickland has handled him in the 1st round but that was enough because in the following round, While Niel Magny is somewhat prove that he is still got it in him, he is the gatekeeper in that ranking from that division,

Now the results of my pick and prediction for the UFC 297 I was really grateful that I have gotten all of my bets,

Sean Strickland (1.95) VS Dricus Du Plessis (1.98) - WIN

Sean Strickland was really great in the 1st Round but after that, Dricus Du Plessis has shown that he has the power to go and take him down, and because his Philly Shell would abandon the slightly crouch position down he is effective against Strickland, which Adesanya did not do in their fight it was like he didn't explore in doing it a possibility to defeat Strickland while Dricus Du Plessis did not hesitate in doing until he got the points he needed to defeat Sean Strickland he has the aggressiveness and explosiveness needed in order to win,

Raquel Pennington (2.45) VS Mayra Bueno Silva (1.63) - WIN

Raquel Pennington was destroying Mayra Bueno Silva with her accurate striking, you can clearly see on Bueno Silva's face the damage Mayra Bueno Silva nearly got the Naked choke but Pennigton stopped that from happening it was clear that Raquel Pennington learned from her fight against Amanda Nunes, and from her fight against her previous opponents, but that Striking was really punishable against Bueno Silva from the looks of it I really thought that she can knock-out her opponent but Mayra Bueno Silva withstood that beating,

Chris Curtis (1.56) VS Marc-André Barriault (2.65) - WIN

That Counterstrike and the upper were very effective against Marc Andre Barriault, Chris Curtis was looking great in this fight while he expected what style Andre Barriault would do in this fight he landed those uppercuts so well, and even countered his opponent so much that Marc-Andre didn't expect it, until in the last round Marc-Andre Barriault eventually welcome what type of fighting Curtis wants but it was really late for him for not being aggressive enough than entering the 3rd round,

YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
January 21, 2024, 11:27:33 PM

Here are the results of my bet and prediction for UFC 297 and it is not looking really great,

Sean Strickland VS Dricus Du Plessis ROUND 5 DECISION - LOST

Many fans seem to think that Sean Strickland won this fight but apparently for me what I think about the fight and what I have seen Dricus Du Plessis really won that fight it looks so close but because Du Plessis is a stronger puncher than Strickland that is why Sean Strickland is really having a hard time with Dricus, and as I have said Dricus Du Plessis punches are kind of clunky some times and it is not working against Strickland for sure both fighters did great in their recent  fights but in this fight, it seems that they are both making some mistakes Dricus Du Plessis constantly throwing random punches that kind of has some effect against Strickland because he can defend those while Sean Strickland has no aggression in this fight at all that is why Dricus Du Plessis won,

Neil Magny VS Mike Malott ROUND 5 DECISION - LOST

Mike Malott was forcing a lot of takedowns going into this fight which is why he constantly gets fatigued in the 3rd round for sure I thought that Malott could have a lot of cardio in this fight but I was wrong in thinking that because for sure his only plan was the takedowns against Magny, while Neil Magny was patient in this fight waiting for the right opportunity, because of that reach he is penetrating with the jabs, while Mike Malott doesn't learn from his mistakes and keeps doing the same thing over and over that is not really effective against Magny, while Malott has shown fatigue Magny has seen the opportunity in finishing Malott getting the ground and pound in place and Mike Malott can not have the strength to push Magny Anymore,

Arnold Allen VS Movsar Evloev ROUND 3 DECISION - WIN

There are a lot of controversial calls for the ref to say that Movsar Evloev was a grounded fighter when Arnold Allen was throwing the knee, but for sure before that incident, I don't know if the referee would give him a deduction, but Movsar Evloev got a hard time against Arnold Allen that is for sure but because Movsar Evloev might get the knee they deducted some point on Allen, but for sure I think Arnold Allen did a lot in this fight but because it was not what I want to happen Movsar Evloev won the fight but if Arnold Allen will have a concern I gladly accept that he has won this because it was clear the fight was close,

pawel7777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2024, 11:36:29 PM

It is not that DDP was tired in championship round, but Strickland looked more fresh. Ive noticed he has good tank in late rounds agains Adesanya. In general, I like main event fight. I think Strickland landed more strikes. That would be enough to win imho, but it was DDP who welcomed each strike with face.

Strickland looking fresh in the last rounds is proof he could've been more active in the earlier rounds. I think even his corner told him to get more active.
As for DDP, i think he's one of the fighters who would breathe through their mouths when getting even a little bit tired. That makes him looked way more exhausted than he actually is.

Looking at the number of strikes alone could be deceptive. He could have built that advantage in the 2 rounds won but still lost the other 3 rounds. Plus, the actual damage caused is what really matters.

Who faces DDP now? Izzy?

If Adesnaya is to return, this would be the perfect time. If not Adesanya, it'd have to be either Cannonier, a rematch with Strickland, Chimaev (when he recovers from whatever health problems he is having) although he doesn't deserve the title shot yet, or Paolo Costa if he manages to defeat Whittaker.

P.S. Feel sad for Strickland, as I think hype around him going to go really low, but he is such a funny guy Grin

Why though? The hype around him was built on his personality, not on his skills etc. He's not going anywhere and he's got nothing to be ashamed of. He lost by solid decision against a guy who was not only undefeated in the UFC, but who also won all his fights (apart from one) by finishes.

▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

.PLAY NOW.
Synchronice

Activity: 854
Merit: 773

Watch Bitcoin Documentary - https://t.ly/v0Nim

View Profile
January 22, 2024, 09:00:51 AM

I haven't watched the fight, I only saw some highlights of their fight on TikTok, it's hard to say who deserved win because one should see a full match but seems, many people think that it was a robbery. Long story short, I'll watch the full fight and write my comment about that. But I watched DP's post-fight interview and interviewer asked him what he was thinking about Dana White's opinion that he thought Stickland was a winner and I'll be frank, I was drinking coffee and split it when I saw his red swollen, destroyed face and heard his response that Dana's answer was bullshit.

▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

.PLAY NOW.
tokeweed (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
January 22, 2024, 11:47:04 AM

^  You could watch it and all the other matches at MMA Core.  Wink

https://www.mma-core.com/videos/Sean_Strickland_vs_Dricus_Du_Plessis_Full_Fight_UFC_297_Part_1/10555409

I think DDP won too.  He took Strickland down when it mattered.

I dont agree with split decision. Draw would be better result, followed by a rematch. Becoming a champ via SD. I dont know. That is so shaking. Who faces DDP now? Izzy?

Strickland actually looked like he was slowing down at R3 and R4 and it was DDP that started to look surprisingly good on those rounds.  Be it a change of pace on DDP's side or Strickland getting tired because he couldn't set the tempo like he did Adesanya, I don't know...  

Anyway, just noticed that we have another gap week.  :/  So no UFC this weekend folks.  Sucks...

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
TopTort777
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1436

View Profile
January 22, 2024, 12:54:41 PM

Why though? The hype around him was built on his personality, not on his skills etc. He's not going anywhere and he's got nothing to be ashamed of. He lost by solid decision against a guy who was not only undefeated in the UFC, but who also won all his fights (apart from one) by finishes.

Because when he won belt from Adesanya, he was everywhere in the media. Starting from interview, ending with his past controversial statements. Before fights with Adesanya, Pereira or against top of middleweight division, did many know about him? He was "that redneck who talks crap" only. But he has been in UFC for 7-8 years before that. Everyone remember champions, nobody remember losers. Everyone gonna pay all attention to Izzy and DDP, and I am afraid that Strickland will be lost among rest of UFC fighters.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Hirose UK

Activity: 1274
Merit: 503

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2024, 01:31:01 PM

If the Ankalaev VS Pereira fight will not take that long that will be great but I haven't seen any announcement yet, sorry but there might be some but I haven't paid attention, but for sure that will be a great event to see Alex Pereira VS Magomedov Ankalaev, is something to behold,

Jamahal Hill is just taking his rest, but if he is really he might get into action again in whoever won the fight between Pereira and Strickland, for sure if that would be a fight for the belt Jamal Hill will surely agree and even if he lost that fight it is still big money for him,
But it looks like it will still take lot of time and of course this fight cannot be held in short time because Pereira championship title is at stake and Dana knows who is worthy challenger for the belt, namely Jamahal Hill.
Magomedov Ankalaev is not yet able to meet Pereira in the near future, of course Dana knows better what decision he has to make.
Jamahal Hill will not only care about money but also about the titles he can achieve, if he succeeds in getting them then in future fights he will also be able to get large amounts of money again.
This is very important for Jamahal Hill and he will try to win it later when he is fully recovered and able to fight.

~snip~
Dana White usually acts according to what brings him the most money, he is money addict after all. I think that Pereira is not afraid to fight anyone and he will probably fight with the one that Dana thinks will generate the most money. Pereira is a very tough guy, it's hard to make him suffer.
Yes, you are right and indeed this is all business to make money and Dana will be able to make decisions that will give her more money.
But if Pereira faces Magomedov Ankalaev then he won't get huge amount of money.
Unless Dana is able to create really explosive hype for the Magomedov Ankalaev vs Pereira fight then the fight can definitely happen more quickly.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
pawel7777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2024, 05:49:47 PM

Because when he won belt from Adesanya, he was everywhere in the media. Starting from interview, ending with his past controversial statements. Before fights with Adesanya, Pereira or against top of middleweight division, did many know about him? He was "that redneck who talks crap" only. But he has been in UFC for 7-8 years before that. Everyone remember champions, nobody remember losers. Everyone gonna pay all attention to Izzy and DDP, and I am afraid that Strickland will be lost among rest of UFC fighters.

First of all, he was holding back at the beginning of his career and wasn't very "controversial". Second of all, it's pretty normal not to be famous when you're low in rankings or not ranked at all. But the point is, once you get famous and people recognise you - you can't just switch it off.
It's not like everyone will get a sudden amnesia and not know who Sean Strickland is just because he no longer holds the belt.
All he needs to do to stay hyped up, is to perform somewhat OK, win a fight once in a while and keep doing what he's doing. Look at Nate Diaz (just one of many examples), he had never won any belt and was losing a lot of fights, but didn't stop him from being one of the most famous UFC fighters. Strickland has way better potential than Nate. After that press conference when he bashed that canadian reporter, he got way more exposure in social media than after winning with Adesanya. He got tonnes of quotes from people not even remotely interested in mma.

▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

.PLAY NOW.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2024, 06:11:10 PM

First of all, he was holding back at the beginning of his career and wasn't very "controversial". Second of all, it's pretty normal not to be famous when you're low in rankings or not ranked at all. But the point is, once you get famous and people recognise you - you can't just switch it off.
It's not like everyone will get a sudden amnesia and not know who Sean Strickland is just because he no longer holds the belt.
All he needs to do to stay hyped up, is to perform somewhat OK, win a fight once in a while and keep doing what he's doing. Look at Nate Diaz (just one of many examples), he had never won any belt and was losing a lot of fights, but didn't stop him from being one of the most famous UFC fighters. Strickland has way better potential than Nate. After that press conference when he bashed that canadian reporter, he got way more exposure in social media than after winning with Adesanya. He got tonnes of quotes from people not even remotely interested in mma.

Sean was already well known even before his Adesanya. he ranked at the top too. but after his win vs Izzy, he really floated in many channels. every time his name is mentioned, it already rings a bell.

but i think this time he is demonized because of his gay comments. mind you after his gay comments some political channels are talking about him and how Dana didn't tighten the leash of his dogs.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
pawel7777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2024, 06:29:39 PM

but i think this time he is demonized because of his gay comments. mind you after his gay comments some political channels are talking about him and how Dana didn't tighten the leash of his dogs.

That's precisely what makes him appealing to the crowds even outside the MMA world. A guy who speaks his mind and not bending to political correctness will always be more interesting and reliable to an average person than fighters who self-censor themselves to not offend anyone and not to upset their sponsors.
Funny thing, he's not even that controversial, he's views are (still) pretty much dominating among the "normal" people, it's just we're not used to anyone saying that kind of things out loud.

▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

.PLAY NOW.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2024, 06:41:43 PM

That's precisely what makes him appealing to the crowds even outside the MMA world. A guy who speaks his mind and not bending to political correctness will always be more interesting and reliable to an average person than fighters who self-censor themselves to not offend anyone and not to upset their sponsors.
Funny thing, he's not even that controversial, he's views are (still) pretty much dominating among the "normal" people, it's just we're not used to anyone saying that kind of things out loud.

gotta give Dana the credit for not censoring his fighters too. this i think is one of the freedom that Dana gives to his fighters, they can say what they want to say.
the only issue with Sean is that he doesn't speak to win over the audience to-go on his side. he isn't a politician i think that's normal but he does have a youtube channel with huge followers too afaik. speaking of normal. just as Sean said in one of his interviews, teaching kids to be gay isn't normal. he isn't wrong.

anyway, was he robbed in this fight just as comments on many videos online?

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Hanadawa

Activity: 462
Merit: 339

rollbit.com/trading

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2024, 08:45:05 PM

I used to know Strickland only as a top 10 Middleweight fighter. I honestly think there is nothing special about this guy. He didn't have anything that would make him a star. He doesn't have a good match report and has lost to several unknown fighters. That's all I used to know about Strickland. But after his fight with Adesanya people already know Strickland and like you said, we can't turn that off. If Strickland can play his role well and have some controversy I think he will still be known and will be his selling point as a UFC fighter.

But I don't think we can equate Strickland with Nate Diaz. Even though Nate has a bad report card and as you said he hasn't won anything, Nate's persona as a Gangster is something special that only the Diaz brothers have. Nate is the image of an old fighter with a fighting style like street fighting. He went just to fight. And that's what makes it interesting to watch. Moreover, he is the younger brother of Nick Diaz, one of the most famous UFC fighters in history.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
pawel7777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2024, 10:53:14 PM

anyway, was he robbed in this fight just as comments on many videos online?

I wouldn't say so. Even though I wanted Sean to win, my impression was that Dricus did a bit better in that fight and deserved to have his hand raised.
But as always, whenever there's a split decision and the belt is on the line, there will be talks about the "robbery".

Of course, Sean disagrees:
https://twitter.com/SStricklandMMA/status/1749527821314306062
We all know I won... The only reason why it wasn't one sided for 5 rounds is the headbutt took my eye..... Wasn't touched till the blood took my vision..

But I don't think we can equate Strickland with Nate Diaz. (...)
I didn't equate those two (I think Strickland > Nate). Just pointed out that having the belt or even winning fights is not necessary to keep the hype up.

▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

.PLAY NOW.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
January 23, 2024, 06:58:20 AM

Strickland looking fresh in the last rounds is proof he could've been more active in the earlier rounds. I think even his corner told him to get more active.
As for DDP, i think he's one of the fighters who would breathe through their mouths when getting even a little bit tired. That makes him looked way more exhausted than he actually is.

Looking at the number of strikes alone could be deceptive. He could have built that advantage in the 2 rounds won but still lost the other 3 rounds. Plus, the actual damage caused is what really matters.

He could be and should be as the fight progresses going into the 1st round Sean Strickland just wants a paced start and his defense is giving him the opportunity to do so but because of the takedowns of Dricus Du Plessis he can not focus his defense in its full 100% this has given Du Plessis to get that edge that he needs to get those 6 successful takedowns while he has thrown almost 11 takedowns on that fight If Israel Adesanya has resulted with takedowns maybe he could also have a chance in defending his belt but he didn't and still goes into full standing against Strickland which is not effective.

Strickland actually looked like he was slowing down at R3 and R4 and it was DDP that started to look surprisingly good on those rounds.  Be it a change of pace on DDP's side or Strickland getting tired because he couldn't set the tempo like he did Adesanya, I don't know...  

Anyway, just noticed that we have another gap week.  :/  So no UFC this weekend folks.  Sucks...

Those takedowns might be the key for Strickland to change his pace, and because of that he was looking tired at some point, it was getting into him and he should be more active if he can not finish Du Plessis with a knockout or submission then he must be more active than Du Plessis, maybe in the start of the 2nd round the 1st round would be a chance to get both fighters opening and their range but because of Dricus Du Plessis 11 takedowns he has more output than Strickland, for sure both fighters is taking the safe route in winning this, but it is clear who is more hardworking when it comes to his strikes.

-snip-
But it looks like it will still take lot of time and of course this fight cannot be held in short time because Pereira championship title is at stake and Dana knows who is worthy challenger for the belt, namely Jamahal Hill.
Magomedov Ankalaev is not yet able to meet Pereira in the near future, of course Dana knows better what decision he has to make.
Jamahal Hill will not only care about money but also about the titles he can achieve, if he succeeds in getting them then in future fights he will also be able to get large amounts of money again.
This is very important for Jamahal Hill and he will try to win it later when he is fully recovered and able to fight.

Jamahal Hill vacated the belt when he was injured while Jiri Prochazka Vacted the belt as well, so why didn't Jon Jones do that, well anyway, if Jamahal Hill would take a longer period to recover I think he needs to let other ranking fighters have a chance in taking a shot on the belt, but that is if the UFC will allowed it, to happen,

Anyway here we go again, this week will be a hiatus for us, I was really excited for the upcoming fight but maybe it is also a good opportunity to watch other MMA fights.
Pages: « 1 ... 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 [584] 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: