Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:30:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Livecoin.net Scam  (Read 13622 times)
izooomrud (OP)

Activity: 384
Merit: 150

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 04:29:54 PM

Grin
Nice try! Let's proceed as follows, I'll request a purchase history. But if there is a purchase of 750 MONA for 0.30 BTC, you will give each participant supporting this flag an amount equal to the purchase price / number of participants. And if this is not the case, I will transfer the same amount to you. OK?

I'm not trying to attack you, I'm trying to understand.

Are you claiming that LiveCoin owes you 0.3BTC because that is what you paid for a coin that later dropped significantly in value? I understand if the wallet got locked and you could not withdraw/deposit MONA but you could have sold it to BTC at that point, no?

I have no idea what MONA is or what it's value has been, but help me  understand please Smiley
because the livecoin price does not match the market

I see, so according to what bones261 said above the price on Livecoin is significantly lower due to wallets being locked, yes?

So the best solution in this case would be something like, disable the MONA trading pair and allow users to withdraw the MONA that they own, yes? If they were to do that, would you consider yourself being made whole or would there be further issues due to the time it has taken?

Edit: to add I've never worked at an exchange and have no idea how anything works when these things happen.
Yes, I only need my money and their apologies, I would also be happy to hear

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 5912

Meh.

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 04:31:05 PM

I see, so according to what bones261 said above the price on Livecoin is significantly lower due to wallets being locked, yes?

So the best solution in this case would be something like, disable the MONA trading pair and allow users to withdraw the MONA that they own, yes? If they were to do that, would you consider yourself being made whole or would there be further issues due to the time it has taken?

Edit: to add I've never worked at an exchange and have no idea how anything works when these things happen.

I don't think Livecoin can simply enable withdrawals because they have a shitload of fake coins / are on the wrong fork, i.e. they don't have enough coins for everyone to withdraw. They need to do something along the lines of what other exchanges have done in similar scenarios, e.g. offer a compensation plan. They can still pursue their claims against developers if they want to but they shouldn't be holding their customers hostage.

And they need to unlock OP's account if it's still locked due to their ridiculous TOS "no complaint" clause.

Yeah, I really have to stress I have no idea how any of this works so perhaps a roll-back for everyone that bought the fake MONA coins would work?

The first thing I did when I talked to LiveCoin was to tell them that they should look over the ToS and change it, I believe they are looking over it as we speak.

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2019, 04:35:52 PM

Yeah, I really have to stress I have no idea how any of this works so perhaps a roll-back for everyone that bought the fake MONA coins would work?

Probably not, it's been trading for a year so surely people have bought and sold and bought something else and withdrew etc... I doubt it could be untangled with a rollback. Livecoin really made in unnecessarily complicated by allowing a known bad coin/fork to be traded for so long.

Let's try again: OP bought MONA tokens ONE YEAR AGO. Not one week, not one month. Where he was all this time? For example, i lost 800 dollars in Wagger due to MY FAULT.  I'm not crying about "scammers which stole 800 dollars from me".
Everything is very shady in this story.
OP doesn't show proofs of his Livecoin balance (Does he has something except MONA coins on exchanger?)
OP doesn't answer about e-mail (Did he receive e-mail notifications about deposit/withdraw closing)

Most of that doesn't really matter because Livecoin essentially confirmed the OP's story and the biggest problem is how they're handling it (and the forks/attacks). If the OP is shady Livecoin is welcome to present facts to that effect.
izooomrud (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 04:38:51 PM

Let's try again: OP bought MONA tokens ONE YEAR AGO. Not one week, not one month. Where he was all this time?
you are trying to blame me, but because you are not familiar with this topic you are not good
Hhampuz
Legendary

Meh.

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 04:40:40 PM

Probably not, it's been trading for a year so surely people have bought and sold and bought something else and withdrew etc... I doubt it could be untangled with a rollback. Livecoin really made in unnecessarily complicated by allowing a known bad coin/fork to be traded for so long.

I would argue that if you were buying MONA after the fact, you knew what you were getting yourself into (pure speculation since price was so much lower). Since there apparently was/is a market for it I don't think any of the users that currently trade it have lost anything. But I do agree with you, however nothing can be done about that now so I'm trying.

Some things also get lost in translation I feel which makes it increasingly more difficult. I'll keep people in here posted though.

teeGUMES
Legendary

Activity: 1253
Merit: 1203

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 06:00:51 PM
Merited by mindrust (1)

I would argue that if you were buying MONA after the fact, you knew what you were getting yourself into (pure speculation since price was so much lower). Since there apparently was/is a market for it I don't think any of the users that currently trade it have lost anything. But I do agree with you, however nothing can be done about that now so I'm trying.

Some things also get lost in translation I feel which makes it increasingly more difficult. I'll keep people in here posted though.

I would be careful becoming an "advisor" to Livecoin just because you run their signature campaign. With ToS like theirs for however many years they have been operating it doesn't change the fact that what they were doing was illegal/immoral and just because they change a few things because they finally have DT1 eyes on them it doesn't change anything, just a further form of deception. This will not end well. Do not attach your name to this sinking ship any further than you have.

Regardless of OP not having shown balances and everything, Livecoin has stated their views and essentially repeated their garbage ToS aswell as calling coins like mona and monero trash coins due to the fact that the dev teams will not compensate them for having been double spent on. An exchange should have a division that monitors the coins that they list, whether it be updates, hash rates, new hardware coming online... the amount of confirmations needed before deposits/withdraws are accepted are then raised when a coin is becoming problematic. I highly doubt the Livecoin team has a department that watches and monitors these things for all of the altcoins that they have listed. Why? Cuts into their profits, they just want to list the coin and collect trading fees. The sure sign of a company that grew too big too fast and does not spend more on the increased security needed.
Hhampuz
Legendary

Meh.

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 06:18:34 PM

I would be careful becoming an "advisor" to Livecoin just because you run their signature campaign. With ToS like theirs for however many years they have been operating it doesn't change the fact that what they were doing was illegal/immoral and just because they change a few things because they finally have DT1 eyes on them it doesn't change anything, just a further form of deception. This will not end well. Do not attach your name to this sinking ship any further than you have.

Regardless of OP not having shown balances and everything, Livecoin has stated their views and essentially repeated their garbage ToS aswell as calling coins like mona and monero trash coins due to the fact that the dev teams will not compensate them for having been double spent on. An exchange should have a division that monitors the coins that they list, whether it be updates, hash rates, new hardware coming online... the amount of confirmations needed before deposits/withdraws are accepted are then raised when a coin is becoming problematic. I highly doubt the Livecoin team has a department that watches and monitors these things for all of the altcoins that they have listed. Why? Cuts into their profits, they just want to list the coin and collect trading fees. The sure sign of a company that grew too big too fast and does not spend more on the increased security needed.

I am trying to help, more than anything. If it is as some say and there's nothing known about LiveCoin or who operates it then the OP runs a larger risk of losing money if I were to jump ship and point fingers instead of trying to mend the ship. But as I said earlier, I expect it to be a challenge and it is one that I won't just shrug off because it gets too difficult. My reputation/name I could not care less for.

teeGUMES
Legendary

Activity: 1253
Merit: 1203

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 06:37:37 PM

I am trying to help, more than anything. If it is as some say and there's nothing known about LiveCoin or who operates it then the OP runs a larger risk of losing money if I were to jump ship and point fingers instead of trying to mend the ship. But as I said earlier, I expect it to be a challenge and it is one that I won't just shrug off because it gets too difficult. My reputation/name I could not care less for.
As long as you are being paid right?
Id like to refer everyone to the ~Hhampuz thread. DT1 members should not be acting or speaking like this no matter their past or connections, shady exchanges/businesses should not be able to buy DT1 loyalty like this.
I'll stop here because the rest of me just wants to bash you further but I don't want that. Get out of this emotional and irrational spot you're in and learn from it.

Edit to clarify: "Bash" as in I no longer wanted to make my reply about a personal attack and derail the thread. I do not condone violence in any way.
Hhampuz
Legendary

Meh.

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 06:40:33 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2019, 09:23:51 PM by Hhampuz
Merited by wwzsocki (1)

As long as you are being paid right?
Id like to refer everyone to the ~Hhampuz thread. DT1 members should not be acting or speaking like this no matter their past or connections, shady exchanges/businesses should not be able to buy DT1 loyalty like this.
I'll stop here because the rest of me just wants to bash you further but I don't want that. Get out of this emotional and irrational spot you're in and learn from it.

So me trying to help and looking at this objectively and logically is me being emotional and irrational while you at the same time say that you'd like to "bash me"? Makes sense. How about everyone takes their foot of the gas for a second and take a deep breath, I've never been in such a state of clarity. If people keep bringing up my reputation and name being dragged through the mud and seemingly for (not even my highest) payout then that is on you, I'll just say what it looks like from where I'm standing. You have obviously already made up your mind and that's fine too, you do you Smiley.

Again, don't want to derail this thread, I'll post any update when I have it.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2019, 01:28:32 AM

Not distract from this scam accusation, distract from the incoming wave of criticism bound to be directed at you for your involvement with them. I wouldn't know how much my reputation is worth, because mine is not for sale. You be mad at me if you like for pointing this out, but we both know you are doing this to yourself by avoiding the hard choices with little default trust games. More rules for thee but not for me right? Suddenly you see the value in people being left the fuck alone now that it is your turn don't you?

I'm so happy that at this point of my life I can't even be bothered with the forum any longer.  All you do, all day long, is twist peoples words to try and make them go mad, perhaps you have succeeded with me Tecshare, as right now all I can do is laugh when I read your posts. I actually think you are quite funny and you provide some quality content around these parts. But let's bring this back on topic and either continue bashing livecoin or try and find a solution Smiley.

You go ahead and accuse me and laugh all you want. Contrary to your belief I am not your enemy, I am just one of the few people willing to tell you the hard truth that you are only fucking yourself over here. Just because the truth is painful to look at doesn't mean I am causing the pain by pointing it out. You still have time... don't waste it running from difficult choices, because difficult choices can always run faster and longer than you.
Hhampuz
Legendary

Meh.

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 01:32:13 AM

Not distract from this scam accusation, distract from the incoming wave of criticism bound to be directed at you for your involvement with them. I wouldn't know how much my reputation is worth, because mine is not for sale. You be mad at me if you like for pointing this out, but we both know you are doing this to yourself by avoiding the hard choices with little default trust games. More rules for thee but not for me right? Suddenly you see the value in people being left the fuck alone now that it is your turn don't you?

I'm so happy that at this point of my life I can't even be bothered with the forum any longer.  All you do, all day long, is twist peoples words to try and make them go mad, perhaps you have succeeded with me Tecshare, as right now all I can do is laugh when I read your posts. I actually think you are quite funny and you provide some quality content around these parts. But let's bring this back on topic and either continue bashing livecoin or try and find a solution Smiley.

You go ahead and accuse me and laugh all you want. Contrary to your belief I am not your enemy, I am just one of the few people willing to tell you the hard truth that you are only fucking yourself over here. Just because the truth is painful to look at doesn't mean I am causing the pain by pointing it out. You still have time... don't waste it running from difficult choices, because difficult choices can always run faster and longer than you.

I need the exercise anyways Smiley.

izooomrud (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 02:00:20 AM

OP doesn't show proofs of his Livecoin balance (Does he has something except MONA coins on exchanger?)
This is another nonsense from another provocateur. How can I show my balance if my account is blocked?
joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2019, 03:25:25 AM

This is another nonsense from another provocateur. How can I show my balance if my account is blocked?

Just ignore it. Some people just don't read.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
izooomrud (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 04:26:18 AM
Merited by KTChampions (1)

I offer an alternative signature livecoin

Cool
xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 06:53:04 AM
Merited by TECSHARE (1)

If it was bought after the fact then the exchange would have known that they were selling tokens that they did not have possession of. The buyer may not have had such knowledge. As soon as the exchange became aware of the issue they should have frozen the markets for that coin.

While an exchange is not responsible for the MONA network and 51% attacks are hard to detect in real time - the exchange should freeze the markets as soon as they become aware of a 51% attack or attacks.

Allowing trading to continue is effectively continuing to sell something that you know that you do not have.

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2019, 08:35:42 AM

If it was bought after the fact then the exchange would have known that they were selling tokens that they did not have possession of. The buyer may not have had such knowledge. As soon as the exchange became aware of the issue they should have frozen the markets for that coin.

While an exchange is not responsible for the MONA network and 51% attacks are hard to detect in real time - the exchange should freeze the markets as soon as they become aware of a 51% attack or attacks.

Allowing trading to continue is effectively continuing to sell something that you know that you do not have.

Normally this would be a situation of he said vs she said, but in this case Livecoin has done SO MANY underhanded and shady things I have seen other failing exchanges do, that I have no question they are largely if not completely at fault here. As I explained before, I have personally witnessed this pattern of behavior from exchanges from the perspective of not just a user but a development team. They are struggling to find any lame half assed excuse they can to cover their asses just a little bit longer. There are no reasonable justifications for these repeated failures which clearly demonstrate negligence if not active fraud. They started making a bunch of money, started getting self assured and sloppy, and didn't put any of it back into security. Now they want to blame everyone under the sun. There is no way this exchange is not insolvent, because if it wasn't they wouldn't be actively cutting their own throats by acting like this.
nutildah
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 7940

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2019, 02:33:25 PM
Merited by deisik (2), stadus (2), Vadi2323 (1)

OK, so a guy has a problem with an exchange in 2018, and shows up over a year later to demand his funds - something he had given up pursuing for one reason or another - now that BTC has risen back out of its slump. Livecoin collects between $50k and $90k per day in trading fees. Seems to me like if they believed they were at fault, they would simply compensate this user for their losses, which is a comparatively small amount of money.

The only reason they are not giving in to the user's demands is because they believe he is in the wrong and they are in the right. And according to their Terms of Service (like them or hate them), they are right. Should the language in their ToS be updated to sound like they are not looking for reasons to with-hold user funds? Absolutely, I don't disagree with that part.

Livecoin was one of the first exchanges to notify Monacoin of the selfish miner attack, posting this in the Monacoin thread a full 2 days before Monacoin acknowledged the attack:

Hello.
We're Livecoin Exchange, we're looking for contact of Monacoin developers. We have an urgent issue to discuss with them. It seems a security breach in Monacoin blockchain have taken place a few hours ago. We're hope to be wrong.

The "selfish miner" sent a bunch of bogus coins to the Livecoin exchange (as well as Bittrex and a couple others) and cashed them out for BTC. (BTW, this fraudulent chain of Monacoin is what Livecoin has been referring to as a "trash asset" -- not the real Monacoin itself). Livecoin then issued the following statement in the aftermath:

Statement from Livecoin is out....

"Dear clients, as you all know, MONA network has been attacked recently, and all the exchanges suffered at some point due to fake incoming transactions. The fact of attack has been publicly acknowledged by the developers.
We contacted the developers several times on the issues concerning the cancellation of fake transactions or providing compensations for the losses sustained by the exchanges as a result of the hackers' attack on MONA blockchain. Today we got an answer: the developers won't take any actions. We, in our turn, have nothing to do than keep MONA deposit/withdrawal closed, in accordance with the terms of services providing. If the developers of MONA will ever take steps to cover the losses, incurred by the attack on the blockchain, we would be glad to make this asset available again. If you want to influence the situation somehow, please, send collective claims to MONA developers."

https://www.livecoin.net/news/view/719?lang=en

Deposits and withdrawals of MONA to Livecoin have been suspended since. They supposedly lost around $90k worth of other coins (probably mostly BTC) to the attacker.

I think I can explain why they left the bogus chain "trash asset" up for trade -- they didn't want to just leave their MONA holders with nothing, and perhaps they maintained hope they would someday be reimbursed by the Monacoin devs in the form of MONA, which they could then distribute to their holders.

I suppose the best solution would have been to purchase MONA from elsewhere and recompensate their holders that way, but again, Livecoin firmly felt they were in the right and had not violated their end of the agreement with their users, pointing to clauses denying themselves of liability in the case of "malfunctioning software."

For a long time Poloniex left BitcoinDark (BTCD) on their exchange available for trading, for over a year after it had stopped being mined. There was no way to move it in or out of the exchange, as the project's devs were absorbed by Komodo, yet Poloniex didn't feel the need to disable trading for it, even though it was an utterly useless asset.

My verdict/opinion: they should re-enable the user's account, allow him to sell his "trash asset" version of MONA on the exchange, and take his BTC proceeds off the exchange (0.08 BTC + the converted MONA). Then, bar the user from making future deposits of any sort, effectively closing his account.

Before you burn me, Hhampuz, and everybody else involved at the stake, just stop to take a couple of things into consideration:

- OP is but 1 man representing himself. There have been relatively few complaints against this exchange, and as its been open since 2014, its reputation shouldn't be destroyed over 1 incident. If you want to see what a real scam accusation thread against an exchange that probably is scamming its customers looks like, I invite you to check out the BiteBTC scam accusation thread.

- I highly doubt OP wrote the OP. It looks like he definitely had coaching, and while that does not change the facts, it suggests that his cause may have been furthered by those with ulterior motives. The fact that the usual parties are using this as an excuse to jump down Hhampuz's throat and are hyping the affair as a much bigger calamity than it actually is is hard to ignore.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2019, 02:50:33 PM

Just want to add a few things. I kept them to myself all these days but now it seems to be the right time to speak out

The only reason they are not giving in to the user's demands is because they believe he is in the wrong and they are in the right. And according to their Terms of Service (like them or hate them), they are right. Should the language in their ToS be updated to sound like they are not looking for reasons to with-hold user funds? Absolutely, I don't disagree with that part

Let's be honest, no one likes such ToS. In fact, no one likes any ToS. But I don't actually see anyone here telling the exchange how they should change their terms. If you disagree with them (which I understand), don't use the exchange, as simple as it gets. Still, if you think their ToS are violating local laws (let's assume you are a lawyer and know your thing), file an official complaint to a regulating body of that country. But really, some random dude on BTT telling a service (exchange, mixer, casino, etc) they should change their ToS is ridiculous. But even if not, why stop at LiveCoin then? There are literally hundreds of services out there whose representatives are active on the forum. Why not check their ToS as well now?

My verdict/opinion: they should re-enable the user's account, allow him to sell his "trash asset" version of MONA on the exchange, and take his BTC proceeds off the exchange (0.08 BTC + the converted MONA). Then, bar the user from making future deposits of any sort, effectively closing his account

Locking this user's account is the only thing which can be remotely construed as an attempt at scamming by LiveCoin (even if it is legit according to their ToS). All other things that the exchange has been accused of here is what technically constitutes market risk

izooomrud (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 04:22:09 PM
Merited by mindrust (1)

OK, so a guy has a problem with an exchange in 2018, and shows up over a year later to demand his funds - something he had given up pursuing for one reason or another - now that BTC has risen back out of its slump. Livecoin collects between $50k and $90k per day in trading fees. Seems to me like if they believed they were at fault, they would simply compensate this user for their losses, which is a comparatively small amount of money.

The only reason they are not giving in to the user's demands is because they believe he is in the wrong and they are in the right. And according to their Terms of Service (like them or hate them), they are right. Should the language in their ToS be updated to sound like they are not looking for reasons to with-hold user funds? Absolutely, I don't disagree with that part.

Livecoin was one of the first exchanges to notify Monacoin of the selfish miner attack, posting this in the Monacoin thread a full 2 days before Monacoin acknowledged the attack:

Hello.
We're Livecoin Exchange, we're looking for contact of Monacoin developers. We have an urgent issue to discuss with them. It seems a security breach in Monacoin blockchain have taken place a few hours ago. We're hope to be wrong.

The "selfish miner" sent a bunch of bogus coins to the Livecoin exchange (as well as Bittrex and a couple others) and cashed them out for BTC. (BTW, this fraudulent chain of Monacoin is what Livecoin has been referring to as a "trash asset" -- not the real Monacoin itself). Livecoin then issued the following statement in the aftermath:

Statement from Livecoin is out....

"Dear clients, as you all know, MONA network has been attacked recently, and all the exchanges suffered at some point due to fake incoming transactions. The fact of attack has been publicly acknowledged by the developers.
We contacted the developers several times on the issues concerning the cancellation of fake transactions or providing compensations for the losses sustained by the exchanges as a result of the hackers' attack on MONA blockchain. Today we got an answer: the developers won't take any actions. We, in our turn, have nothing to do than keep MONA deposit/withdrawal closed, in accordance with the terms of services providing. If the developers of MONA will ever take steps to cover the losses, incurred by the attack on the blockchain, we would be glad to make this asset available again. If you want to influence the situation somehow, please, send collective claims to MONA developers."

https://www.livecoin.net/news/view/719?lang=en

Deposits and withdrawals of MONA to Livecoin have been suspended since. They supposedly lost around $90k worth of other coins (probably mostly BTC) to the attacker.

I think I can explain why they left the bogus chain "trash asset" up for trade -- they didn't want to just leave their MONA holders with nothing, and perhaps they maintained hope they would someday be reimbursed by the Monacoin devs in the form of MONA, which they could then distribute to their holders.

I suppose the best solution would have been to purchase MONA from elsewhere and recompensate their holders that way, but again, Livecoin firmly felt they were in the right and had not violated their end of the agreement with their users, pointing to clauses denying themselves of liability in the case of "malfunctioning software."

For a long time Poloniex left BitcoinDark (BTCD) on their exchange available for trading, for over a year after it had stopped being mined. There was no way to move it in or out of the exchange, as the project's devs were absorbed by Komodo, yet Poloniex didn't feel the need to disable trading for it, even though it was an utterly useless asset.

My verdict/opinion: they should re-enable the user's account, allow him to sell his "trash asset" version of MONA on the exchange, and take his BTC proceeds off the exchange (0.08 BTC + the converted MONA). Then, bar the user from making future deposits of any sort, effectively closing his account.

Before you burn me, Hhampuz, and everybody else involved at the stake, just stop to take a couple of things into consideration:

- OP is but 1 man representing himself. There have been relatively few complaints against this exchange, and as its been open since 2014, its reputation shouldn't be destroyed over 1 incident. If you want to see what a real scam accusation thread against an exchange that probably is scamming its customers looks like, I invite you to check out the BiteBTC scam accusation thread.

- I highly doubt OP wrote the OP. It looks like he definitely had coaching, and while that does not change the facts, it suggests that his cause may have been furthered by those with ulterior motives. The fact that the usual parties are using this as an excuse to jump down Hhampuz's throat and are hyping the affair as a much bigger calamity than it actually is is hard to ignore.

when you arrived at the gas station, which is located in the middle of the desert, the rules of which state that before you put the gun in the gas tank, you have to put it in the ass, what you will do: 1. You will insert the gun in the ass; 2. You will go on foot; 3 You declare that it is not legal, and you will demand to sell gasoline, as the law says?
Judging by your thoughts - you must select option 1

let's then read the answer of the developers
https://askmona.org/11384

And if you read the Russian branch, you will understand that blocking users without a reason occurs regularly. And at the moment they have a similar problem with MONERO coin.
Blacknavy
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1291

View Profile
July 07, 2019, 04:22:25 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2019, 04:56:38 PM by Matthias9515
Merited by Vadi2323 (1)

Livecoin is a reliable exchange that has been running smoothly since 2014 and I have used it in the past. In addition, Hhampuz is a great campaign manager, one of the most trusted members of the forum.

In my first post about this topic, I mentioned that I am a major investor in the coin called Hdac, which uses the Lyra2Rev2 algorithm. I had a huge financial loss when Hdac got attacked, so I can empathize with the OP. Nevertheless I've never thought accusing any exchange because of my loss after the attack on Hdac because i was thinking it's Hdac's team fault. It's exactly the same thing here.

[1] [Warning] Hdac MainNet Malfunction Found
[2] [Announcement] Cooperation Request for All Hdac Mining Partners

Although we warned them with our investor group about Lyra2Rev2 algorithm, they ignored our warnings and allowed this attack.

One week after the attack on 6 September 2018 with Dayun Zig Z1, the price of the HDAC increased to 2x
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/hdac/

Two weeks after the attack on 17 May 2018 with Dayun Zig Z1, the price of the MONA increased to 3.5x
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/monacoin/

One month after the attack on 5 December 2018 with Dayun Zig Z1, the price of the VTC increased to 3x
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/vertcoin/

These three coins, despite our warnings, took no action on this issue.

Can someone tell me? Why was the coins valued after the attack? It's not normal but you are still accusing only LC. I think the Mona's team also responsible from this attacks because investors warned them multiple times but they choosed let that happen. They preferred not to do anything to prevent the attack. Why?

I would like to thank Livecoin and Hhampuz for accepted me to this nice signature campaign.

I'm leaving the signature campaign, good luck everyone.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: