Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:59:19 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 [700] 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spondoolies-Tech - carrier grade, data center ready mining rigs  (Read 1260043 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 12:24:55 PM

I actually wasn't directing my comments specifically at you Adam

You clearly were, you quoted my reply, to replied to elements of it, you used to "you" repeatedly.

So as well as you poor grasp of electronics you also don't understand that 'you' can apply to a group as well as an individual? I just quote your post in it's entirety as I couldn't be bothered editing out lots of bits.

If you can't be bothered to organize a post in such a way that it reflects what you're trying to communicate then that's not what you're communicating.

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
Finksy
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 01:34:41 PM

How are you a 'creditor' - did you loan them money or are do they owe you goods that you paid for?

Dogie claims to be owed a substantial amount of money by SP-Tech for a referral campaign during the SP20 sales.

Anyone reading your recent posts might conclude that there is something very personal going on here between you and Spondoolies/Guy - did you perchance ask them for an 'evaluation' SP50 and they said no?

Dogie and Guy have a long-standing passive-aggressive catfight on the forum, it just escalated when dogie felt he was owed & denied payment from SP-T. 

Also, buyers with cash in hand seem to have a hard enough (impossible?) time getting  SP50's in their possession, I wouldn't hold my breath for anyone getting an evaluation SP50 in this lifetime.

IBM 2880W PSU Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=966135 IBM 4K PSU Breakout Boards & Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1308296 
Server PSU-powered GPU rig solutions! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864539  Wallet address: 1GWQYCv22cAikgTgT1zFuAmsJ9fFqq9TXf 
Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 02:07:46 PM

How are you a 'creditor' - did you loan them money or are do they owe you goods that you paid for?

Dogie claims to be owed a substantial amount of money by SP-Tech for a referral campaign during the SP20 sales.

Anyone reading your recent posts might conclude that there is something very personal going on here between you and Spondoolies/Guy - did you perchance ask them for an 'evaluation' SP50 and they said no?

Dogie and Guy have a long-standing passive-aggressive catfight on the forum, it just escalated when dogie felt he was owed & denied payment from SP-T.  

Also, buyers with cash in hand seem to have a hard enough (impossible?) time getting  SP50's in their possession, I wouldn't hold my breath for anyone getting an evaluation SP50 in this lifetime.
We have a dispute over affiliate commissions. Adam Allcock sued Spondoolies-Tech so I can't comment further.
After the dust will settle, I'll give my version of the events.

Guy

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
alienesb

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 02:23:43 PM

Also, buyers with cash in hand seem to have a hard enough (impossible?) time getting  SP50's in their possession, I wouldn't hold my breath for anyone getting an evaluation SP50 in this lifetime.
We have a dispute over affiliate commissions. Adam Allcock sued Spondoolies-Tech so I can't comment further.

Guy

"version", isn't there a "truth" out there we can hear instead?

Do you guys even manufacture mining machines anymore?
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 02:25:30 PM

Guy

"version", isn't there a "truth" out there we can hear instead?

Do you guys even manufacture mining machines anymore?

Any idea how long till it's all over and we can hear your version of events?  I think most would like to see both sides.

Either way guess  does not sound like a ton of fun.  I also would love to hear about machine and SP50 been a LONG time since any updates just showing of rendering. I enjoy seeing/hearing about gear.  Seems like thread has fell far away from gear lately.
padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 02:26:04 PM

With Adam providing evaluations and comparisons of units while simultaneously working (read: exploiting) affiliate campaigns, getting paid by Bitmain to shill, etc. he is full of shit in many ways.. I am not sure what all of the background is but very interested in hearing Guy's side of the story when the lawsuit is done..

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
https://www.bitworks.io
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 07:29:50 PM

Any idea how long till it's all over and we can hear your version of events?  I think most would like to see both sides.
About another 2 years - if Spondoolies / bitcoin lasts that long.

With dogie providing evaluations and comparisons of units while simultaneously working (read: exploiting) affiliate campaigns, getting paid by Bitmain to shill, etc. he is full of shit in many ways.. I am not sure what all of the background is but very interested in hearing Guy's side of the story when the lawsuit is done..
Exploting affiliate campaigns, what does that even mean? And I really love the irony of the statement that I am somehow financially biased against Spondoolies, when Spondoolies paid / will pay / are meant to have paid the most out of any manufacturer. I mean, that doesn't even make sense...

Most of it predated SP20s.

I was owed the majority of it from June 2014, I just got tired of being nice to someone who wasn't being nice back and filed in January 2016. That's a long, long time I gave them to sort out their shit. What you saw on the forum was due to Guy wanting an even higher score in the manufacturer trustworthiness thread than they deserved, because he wanted to use it to show investors they were the best company [remember those surveys that were commissioned]. For example, he was claiming they were an in hand only company when there was zero, zero chance that the SP50 generation wasn't going to require taking money up front.

Apparently 88/100 was an insult, so I was denounced from the industry for not bending to being bought off, and / or setting up the scene that any claim I would bring against them wasn't real. Some real dirty stuff going on with NDAs floating about.

Also, buyers with cash in hand seem to have a hard enough (impossible?) time getting  SP50's in their possession, I wouldn't hold my breath for anyone getting an evaluation SP50 in this lifetime.
I wouldn't hold my breath for even Spondoolies getting an SP50.

Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 01:29:41 PM

https://bitcoincore.org/en/2016/02/26/zero-knowledge-contingent-payments-announcement/

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
sloopy

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 03:46:34 PM

Guy

Guy

I am confident you already have plenty of ammunition for the suit, but I have done plenty of following and documenting of Adam's business "practices" and know others who have the same information if not more who would enjoy seeing Mrs. Allcock get what she deserves for polluting this community and how it specifically relates to a case of representing different companies while involved in less than honorable business practices even today.
I have only been around a little over a year, but others have been here for much longer.
Please let us know if assistance is needed with anything.

On another note, I have always voted for Spondoolies equipment and would enjoy seeing some news on miners. Is there any way we can see an Easter egg hint dropped soon?

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
Make the block size set by the pool. Pool = miners and they get the choice.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 08:08:18 PM

but others have been here for much longer.
You keep referring to yourself as "we", like a consortium. Why? Who is we?

If you want to help Guy, stay as far away from the case as you can. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg13231891#msg13231891

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 12:15:01 AM

And that's why I'm supporting Core. The benefits of bitcoin adoption with this kind of improvements (SegWit can be another example) will be exponentially higher than a simple block size increase. But only when the time will be right!

RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 09:08:54 AM
Last edit: February 28, 2016, 08:21:58 PM by -ck

I was owed the majority of it from June 2014, I just got tired of being nice to someone who wasn't being nice back and filed in January 2016. That's a long, long time I gave them to sort out their shit. What you saw on the forum was due to Guy wanting an even higher score in the manufacturer trustworthiness thread than they deserved, because he wanted to use it to show investors they were the best company [remember those surveys that were commissioned]. For example, he was claiming they were an in hand only company when there was zero, zero chance that the SP50 generation wasn't going to require taking money up front.

Apparently 88/100 was an insult, so I was denounced from the industry for not bending to being bought off, and / or setting up the scene that any claim I would bring against them wasn't real. Some real dirty stuff going on with NDAs floating about.

Whatddaya think is going to happen when dealing with them?  Be very fucking careful and realize the money is probably already gone.  

You neva gonna see those $100K eva.  This is normal business in Israel.

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
alienesb

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 01:44:11 PM

On another note, I have always voted for Spondoolies equipment and would enjoy seeing some news on miners. Is there any way we can see an Easter egg hint dropped soon?

There is no miner
sloopy

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 10:05:33 PM

but others have been here for much longer.
You keep referring to yourself as "we", like a consortium. Why? Who is we?

If you want to help Guy, stay as far away from the case as you can. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg13231891#msg13231891

I choose not to respond to your bait tactics except to say, I hope you enjoy learning what it is like to sit in court as if you keep your mouth shut for a change you may actually learn something about life.

There is no miner

Do you have a resource for this or is it speculation? I am sincerely curious as I do not understand why they would not have a miner in hand. It is obvious they have the talent, either have or can get the money, and anything else needed.

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
Make the block size set by the pool. Pool = miners and they get the choice.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 12:24:51 AM

Do you have a resource for this or is it speculation? I am sincerely curious as I do not understand why they would not have a miner in hand. It is obvious they have the talent, either have or can get the money, and anything else needed.

Found the problem

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 06:53:05 AM

Found the problem

just a note on what I see as an issue from spondoolies point of view is if they PAID Doggie say...the amount owed..they would have to pay a LOT of folk on this (not as much but still others would have $$$ coming say for a couple miners promoted under that old plan) .. they also would have to pay or compensate all the folk that had $$$ off coupons and/or $$$ off new equipment in the future maybe....in that they do not have new equip ...those folk have coupons worth 100's dollars off etc ...at this point in time they can't use..so anyway if Doggie wins ..it could be some real money to others..because a lot of people if my memory is right had discounts off the next miner product and such stuff of a similar manner above

anyway what I think I remember about all of the above

on Guy's behalf however I was refunded promptly (from forums I did not ask he pm'd me) 6.3k on some equip/hosting plan I likely could have ROI'd on...but had over done it with a 100 amp
service and 1 titan in the mix and was gonna have to host it and mentioned that this was probably not my 'wisest' move  in the forum post) anyway he pm'd me ..and without me asking ..said he'd refund the order (was a roadkill group order) if I needed to and was jam'd up....I was shocked and pleased he took the time to do so

anyway again the above is just what I think I remember and my view...I have no D...er won't go there ..I have no sides on this...just my experience with Guy and Spondoolies

I guess this is why they have lawyers and courts ...it will get resolved in some manner now I guess one way or the other

back to our continued lack of info on equipment from spondoolies and rabid speculation thread ...that we do so well... Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Wallbot

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 04:05:52 AM

Found the problem

just a note on what I see as an issue from spondoolies point of view is if they PAID Doggie say...the amount owed..they would have to pay a LOT of folk on this (not as much but still others would have $$$ coming say for a couple miners promoted under that old plan) .. they also would have to pay or compensate all the folk that had $$$ off coupons and/or $$$ off new equipment in the future maybe....in that they do not have new equip ...those folk have coupons worth 100's dollars off etc ...at this point in time they can't use..so anyway if Doggie wins ..it could be some real money to others..because a lot of people if my memory is right had discounts off the next miner product and such stuff of a similar manner above

anyway what I think I remember about all of the above

on Guy's behalf however I was refunded promptly (from forums I did not ask he pm'd me) 6.3k on some equip/hosting plan I likely could have ROI'd on...but had over done it with a 100 amp
service and 1 titan in the mix and was gonna have to host it and mentioned that this was probably not my 'wisest' move  in the forum post) anyway he pm'd me ..and without me asking ..said he'd refund the order (was a roadkill group order) if I needed to and was jam'd up....I was shocked and pleased he took the time to do so

anyway again the above is just what I think I remember and my view...I have no D...er won't go there ..I have no sides on this...just my experience with Guy and Spondoolies

I guess this is why they have lawyers and courts ...it will get resolved in some manner now I guess one way or the other

back to our continued lack of info on equipment from spondoolies and rabid speculation thread ...that we do so well... Smiley

Bitcoin Home Mining is Dead... Incase you didn't get the Memo.
mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 05:04:58 AM

Missing the time when i was coming here for actual hardware discutions.....
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 05:29:51 AM

I would agree with this as well. It's been "ages" since this thread has anything useful in terms of hardware. The SP50 miner seemed ripe for discussion, then nothing.....

P.S. I think @Searing is completely aware of the "home mining situation". Just read more of his posts on other threads.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 07:10:52 AM

I would agree with this as well. It's been "ages" since this thread has anything useful in terms of hardware. The SP50 miner seemed ripe for discussion, then nothing.....

P.S. I think @Searing is completely aware of the "home mining situation". Just read more of his posts on other threads.

yeah previous posting of 'home mining is dead' i get it Smiley

yeah don't do BTC for home mining ..a very very slight angle if you ..do scrypt (me LTC) but ONLY if 2 things are possible (unlikely)

1) If you already have a big ass alcheminer or titan miner it is POSSIBLE with heat on house benefit last winter anyway and in my case 6 months out of year
4c decrease winter rates (for elec heating folk...and they are great space heaters the titans 85% of my house was heated with such in Minnesota)
or you are in say Texas (4c kwh) Oregoin (3c kwh) etc anyway killed 85% of house heated by titans and 4c off elec rate oct to may (6 months) then back up 4c kwh

2) You can find such a used 'unicorn' above ...use my method above (currently at 3100 watts 11 cubes) to heat house with home miner space heaters and get the
     electrical rate reduction for electric heat as primary heat option (hey they asked..i told the utility it was 'computer servers' they gave it to me anyway ...not sure it 'space heating'
     is supposed to go thru miners first ..but there you are..nice pleasent clueless electrical utility lady) Smiley Even offered to be inspected...nope 'rubber stamped it' at utility end lol Smiley

but yeah its dead..home mining indeed..but I managed maybe to get this into  Oct and one more winter...the guy in Oregon at 3c kwh hell he may mine OK till 2018 lol Smiley

but no way I could do this anymore with any Spondoolies unit ...probably even in Oregon and elec rates and certainly not hosting even in Canada at 8c kwh with the
expense of picking up any equip scrypt or otherwise ..would be quite the gamble and 2 above you'd practically have to be given a unit (scrypt) for free for it MAYBE
to make more then you could get just buying btc or ltc

anyway ...postponed the 'inevitable' for yet another year...but for purposes of this thread ...unless a sp50 "kit" comes out at a way way way reasonable home miner price

(why am I saying that ..our soon to be 'galactic overlords' will arrive with their 'crypto coin' first}

but yeah...the 'fat lady' has been singing on this for quite a while Smiley

well anyway back to this thread of hunting the 'supposed' SP 50 btc miner (great white whale quest)

ie myth or reality even if in a data hall only? Film at 11pm?

But it would be nice if AT LEAST they could show SP50 equipment and such details even if we can never afford such at their data halls ect....just saying Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Pages: « 1 ... 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 [700] 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 »
  Print  

Jump to: