Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:05:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 [327] 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 ... 725 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spondoolies-Tech - carrier grade, data center ready mining rigs  (Read 1260001 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:41:14 PM

Glad to get tracking... My SP30s on the way to Norway just as the temps start cooling off.

Thanks SPTech for getting them out the door.

Hope to be mining in a few days.

Also shout out to RoadStress thanks for putting the GB together and getting us those discounted rates!

Very smoothly handled GB and the charity was definitely a PLUS to the whole experience.

I had hardware in Europe. But now, I've changed my strategy; In my country, the electricity cost increases quickly every year, the gap between here and the USA is so large... Fifteen years ago the story was different.

Got some 'free' electricity / hosting for a few months... works out well for me.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Powell

Activity: 486
Merit: 262

rm -rf stupidity

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:41:44 PM

*My 1 year track record is that I have cashed out around 60% of my initial investment, I have reinvested into new equipment ~150% of my initial investment and I own bitcoins worth of 90% of my initial investment. With big exchange rate swings ofc.[/size]

Bitcoinrama you always impress me with your post.  You are the biggest broke dick nut swinger I have ever seen.  You know nothing about mining and it's more and more noticeable in every post and you obviously don't understand that your little bs 3 SP30's you've been circle jerking everyone you can to get in on is just going to put more more in the hole lol!

In 1 year you are still in the red?  Hahahaha sucks for you!  I did it 5 months and made about 20-30k when I sold my hardware and I did this while we had stupid huge jumps and price fluctuations everywhere.

I wouldn't trash on you so much if you weren't such an ignorant prick about this stuff.  So have fun with your little operation.  I am glad I'm down and didn't do any stupid Pre orders I am happy without doing them.  Cashing out got me a 22k Mile Turbo 93 Cobra, most of the stuff for our x275 car and the latest a motor for my 02 Porsche turbo.  So life is good on the money I made not listening to fuck tards like you lol!

Guy and team hats off for busting ass!  Continue that development and maybe ban Roadstress from whatever deal you have with him.  I told you awhile back if you could have done the 200-300k datacenter but done it on on time (without pre orders) I have way more than enough to do so.  My only request was going to be to remove this half whit.

/rant
kendog77

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:45:22 PM

For people that are slow, let me sum it up for you:

Bitcoin is in it's infancy and is a very risky and volatile asset. Bitcoin may not even survive past infancy.

Bitcoin mining carries even more risk than simply buying Bitcoins directly because you may or may not earn as many Bitcoins as it costs to mine them after expenses.

Pre-ordering Bitcoin mining hardware that doesn't even exist at the time of payment adds even more risk to Bitcoin mining because the company may or may not deliver on time and on spec.

Pre-ordering Bitcoin mining hardware is one of the most risky Bitcoin related investments one can make, and those that imply otherwise are delusional. Almost all mining pre-order purchases work out badly of the buyer.

Spondoolies actually is handling the SP30 situation much better than most other manufacturers. I can come up with many examples of mining companies not delivering on pre-order promises and not giving customers anything in return.

dplusf

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:50:20 PM

For people that are slow, let me sum it up for you:

Bitcoin is in it's infancy and is a very risky and volatile asset. Bitcoin may not even survive past infancy.

Bitcoin mining carries even more risk than simply buying Bitcoins directly because you may or may not earn as many Bitcoins as it costs to mine them after expenses.

Pre-ordering Bitcoin mining hardware that doesn't even exist at the time of payment adds even more risk to Bitcoin mining because the company may or may not deliver on time and on spec.

Pre-ordering Bitcoin mining hardware is one of the most risky Bitcoin related investments one can make, and those that imply otherwise are delusional. Almost all mining pre-order purchases work out badly of the buyer.

Spondoolies actually is handling the SP30 situation much better than most other manufacturers. I can come up with many examples of mining companies not delivering on pre-order promises and not giving customers anything in return.

+1

spondoolies did an impressive job and anybody here with mining experience know that.
sure i am also not satisfied how the situation worked out with sp30 or last day of august for shipping group. but they handle it very well.

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 04:21:08 PM

When you buy a car, they advertise the MPG, that it won't rust for 20 years and of course, the price. How many guys did you see complaining that they bought a Mustang and they can't drive with a speed of 10 miles per hour and obtain the advertised MPG rate? How many of those guys did you see whining to FORD about compensation in price, because their product does not meet the specifications? How many guys are complaining that their car does not reach the 180MPH printed on the dashboard?  They bought the Mustang, and they're free to return it or resell it.

Why would be the mining business different? Or any business for that matter? Everything changes when you reach understanding ..

What a stupid analogy. When a car manufacturer advertises 20 MPG, you can reach it by driving appropriately, and in fact you can exceed it quite easily. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy-efficient_driving for examples.

Now, show me how you get an SP30 to run at 5.5 TH/s while drawing 2700 watts?

Buy & Hold
Powell

Activity: 486
Merit: 262

rm -rf stupidity

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 04:25:08 PM

Pre order companies are like Hitler (not the genocide portion) but you pre order folks are biggest wimps and just roll over like plenty of countries did in WWII

And before Rawdog tries to jump in here all racist aka "him joking" or anyone else who thinks this is a way to trash other countries please step back in your double wides and stfu.  Put your tin foil hats on and worry about how the govt is ruining everything lol!
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3843

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 04:59:14 PM

When you buy a car, they advertise the MPG, that it won't rust for 20 years and of course, the price. How many guys did you see complaining that they bought a Mustang and they can't drive with a speed of 10 miles per hour and obtain the advertised MPG rate? How many of those guys did you see whining to FORD about compensation in price, because their product does not meet the specifications? How many guys are complaining that their car does not reach the 180MPH printed on the dashboard?  They bought the Mustang, and they're free to return it or resell it.

Why would be the mining business different? Or any business for that matter? Everything changes when you reach understanding ..

What a stupid analogy. When a car manufacturer advertises 20 MPG, you can reach it by driving appropriately, and in fact you can exceed it quite easily. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy-efficient_driving for examples.

I agree that it was a bad analogy. Miner (especially hosted miner) has no other utility than making BTC while car has a utility of getting you from point A to point B.
Norcoin_

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 05:19:29 PM

Thank you Spondoolies for a adequate compensation.
lemonte

Activity: 624
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 05:33:08 PM

*My 1 year track record is that I have cashed out around 60% of my initial investment, I have reinvested into new equipment ~150% of my initial investment and I own bitcoins worth of 90% of my initial investment. With big exchange rate swings ofc.[/size]

Bitcoinrama you always impress me with your post.  You are the biggest broke dick nut swinger I have ever seen.  You know nothing about mining and it's more and more noticeable in every post and you obviously don't understand that your little bs 3 SP30's you've been circle jerking everyone you can to get in on is just going to put more more in the hole lol!

In 1 year you are still in the red?  Hahahaha sucks for you!  I did it 5 months and made about 20-30k when I sold my hardware and I did this while we had stupid huge jumps and price fluctuations everywhere.

I wouldn't trash on you so much if you weren't such an ignorant prick about this stuff.  So have fun with your little operation.  I am glad I'm down and didn't do any stupid Pre orders I am happy without doing them.  Cashing out got me a 22k Mile Turbo 93 Cobra, most of the stuff for our x275 car and the latest a motor for my 02 Porsche turbo.  So life is good on the money I made not listening to fuck tards like you lol!

Guy and team hats off for busting ass!  Continue that development and maybe ban Roadstress from whatever deal you have with him.  I told you awhile back if you could have done the 200-300k datacenter but done it on on time (without pre orders) I have way more than enough to do so.  My only request was going to be to remove this half whit.

/rant

NO F'KING WAY?!?!

If this is true, it explains a whole lot!!

It's not! They are 2 different people. I know this having spoken to both previously.

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:04:06 PM

the hangers-on do alright cos they get fat discounts & early hardware in exchange for time spent pew pew-ing the more vigilant among us.

I paid full price for the early bird April-July bundle.

Bitcoinrama you always impress me with your post.  You are the biggest broke dick nut swinger I have ever seen.  You know nothing about mining and it's more and more noticeable in every post and you obviously don't understand that your little bs 3 SP30's you've been circle jerking everyone you can to get in on is just going to put more more in the hole lol!

In 1 year you are still in the red?  Hahahaha sucks for you!  I did it 5 months and made about 20-30k when I sold my hardware and I did this while we had stupid huge jumps and price fluctuations everywhere.

I wouldn't trash on you so much if you weren't such an ignorant prick about this stuff.  So have fun with your little operation.  I am glad I'm down and didn't do any stupid Pre orders I am happy without doing them.  Cashing out got me a 22k Mile Turbo 93 Cobra, most of the stuff for our x275 car and the latest a motor for my 02 Porsche turbo.  So life is good on the money I made not listening to fuck tards like you lol!
/rant

You and me have different goals in mind. I am in for the long term while you are satisfied with a small jackpot. The reinvestment allowed me to hash today 21x faster than 1 year ago and to earn ~1/3 of my initial investment this month. From what you are saying you have stopped hashing and you have moved along. I'm not interested in that.

Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 06:30:50 PM

Can we keep the forum professional and avoid names calling ?

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 06:40:40 PM

Thank you Spondoolies for a adequate compensation.

They didn't compensate me for anything!  Damn.  I spent a lot of time in this thread.  I want compensation.

Where's the fun in that?

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3843

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:45:48 PM

some people should entertain happy thoughts:

when Sp-30 is working at the hosting site and nobody is there to check it, does it make a sound?

Guy Corem (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 06:46:22 PM

Smiley

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
promojo

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:51:58 PM

some people should entertain happy thoughts:

when Sp-30 is working at the hosting site and nobody is there to check it, does it make a sound?

Happy thoughts - I ordered my SP31... Now it is just a waiting game...  Will I get it on time?  Most likely Smiley
wh00per

Activity: 571

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:58:44 PM

Did you really read what I've written, or you just skimmed over it?
You'll never achieve the advertised MPG at 10 miles per hour speed, no matter what your driving habits are and what wiki examples you find and throw at me.

This actually proves my point in a way. If two different guys read the same specification, they'll understand different things from it. I still don't understand why do I have to show you anything. For the conversation sake?

CSA/cUL Certified Power Distribution Panels - Basic, Switched, Metered. 1-3 phases. Up to 600V. NMC:N4F9qvHz11BHcc4nh1LCJFsrZhA1EWgVwj
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 07:47:44 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2014, 08:54:37 PM by RawDog

OK - congratulations on a great SP30 which is now in the field busy working to approach ROI.  Awesome.  

Now, could we please have some news about the SP50?  SP31 is merely a little fix for the old technology.  What the people really want is information on the new technology.  What do we have to look forward to?  

SP50

rack: 3.5U
Input V = 200 - 280V (sorry, no 110V)
8.8TH/s (+/- 5%)
4.5kWatts (3X 1.5k)
$4,900
Delivery: Nov 30

I talked to Guy and several of the other guys.  They said this is the most likely configuration.  *No guarantees at this time.
Where do I send my deposit?

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
wh00per

Activity: 571

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:48:32 PM

Happy Thoughts - SP30 Shipment Date: Aug 27; Estimated Delivery Date - Sep 2 (DHL Express to ON, Canada). 19 kg of dutiable stuff  Grin

Many Thanks SP-T. "Hallowed are the ORI" ..

CSA/cUL Certified Power Distribution Panels - Basic, Switched, Metered. 1-3 phases. Up to 600V. NMC:N4F9qvHz11BHcc4nh1LCJFsrZhA1EWgVwj
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:57:49 PM

Happy Thoughts - SP30 Shipment Date: Aug 27; Estimated Delivery Date - Sep 2 (DHL Express to ON, Canada). 19 kg of dutiable stuff  Grin

Many Thanks SP-T. "Hallowed are the ORI" ..

"Hallowed are the ORI" you just put me into stitches... lol
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 08:59:07 PM

The reinvestment allowed me to hash today 21x faster than 1 year ago and to earn ~1/3 of my initial investment this month.

And in that year the difficulty has increased by > 300x and the price of bitcoin is less than it was 9 months ago.

This is one business where what you did yesterday is far more important to the outcome that what you do tomorrow.

The 'Reinvest At Any Cost' strategy looses to the long tail of diminishing returns and languishing bitcoin prices.
Pages: « 1 ... 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 [327] 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 ... 725 »
  Print  

Jump to: