Bitcoin Forum
August 21, 2019, 11:57:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.18.0 [Torrent] (New!)

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 [377] 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 ... 726 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spondoolies-Tech - carrier grade, data center ready mining rigs  (Read 1256166 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 02:07:40 PM

No, you took info posted by FC and twisted it into something totally different to suit your purpose. FC did not state that Tubes were not selling at all. Tubes hadn't even been announced at that point you raving lunatic.

I thought the Tubes are using the same BE200 chips that FC/AM is selling. I also thought that it's logical that if chips don't sell good considering there are so many distributors, manufacturers and an open source project the miner called Tube which uses the same chips will not sell good.

I'm not the one claiming to have such knowledge, you are. All I know is that Tubes are quite obviously selling since they're on the third batch. Canary must have sold at least 100 though based on the bitcoin address and the price in his group buy thread.

Canary as a distributor sold less units than what I had in my SP30 GB. I wouldn't brag with that number if I were him.

Also being on a third batch means nothing if you don't know how big are the batches. SP-Tech had 1k SP30 units in August and more in September. If Canary sold 100 units then the total number of the Tubes in the wild must be less than 1000. Not that much of a performance.

It shows no such thing. You don't need to post a comment in that thread to buy a Tube.

Sure, but compare it to the boom of the S3/S4 replies and you will definitely see a difference in popularity. If you have horse glasses and can't see the difference it's your problem, not mine.

I couldn't be arsed digging through all your past nonsense - you post too much. Why don't you take the hint and just stop posting shite in the AM thread. Nobody wants you there, nobody values your opinion and everyone thinks you are a Spondoolies shill and a troll.

If you are too lazy to back up your accusation then they are worthless and it's just your word against mine. I haven't posted shit in the AM thread. I wanted to open a discussion about how would the shareholders think it's possible for AM to gain 20%-30% of the total hashrate. The only replies that I got was just like yours. Angry shareholders complaining that I'm waking them up from their dream where FC provides huge dividends for everyone. But don't worry. You don't have to listen to me, reality will do its job better.

Well at least you've finally admitted you just troll AM threads. Why were you pretending earlier in this post then to want  honest conversation with AM shareholders. Another fucking lie! You just cant help yourself, hence the pathological liar. Do you know when you post those opinions you have which are based on flawed info and you try to pass them off as facts. That's called lying.

Read above and remember. Only 10 days left and my prediction of no dividends in September will become a FACT.

H/w Hosting Directory & Reputation - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622998.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 02:55:36 PM

Hello All,

For those ones who have SP30 hosted on datacenters what is the temperature you are getting on the back? Did anyone got any issues with the rooms with so much hot air?
Did you faced any issues with air flow/temperature when the back door of the rack/cabinet is closed?

These are my current values:
Temp Front / Back T,B
20 °C / 70,46 °C
Socket Voltage
229/227 volt
Fan Speed
Start Voltage
0.67 / 0.67
Max Voltage
Max Watts
1330 / 1340

thx

Have about ~75 units running 23/71 front/back @ 220, max volts upped to .76
bobsmoke

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 04:25:42 PM

Have about ~75 units running 23/71 front/back @ 220, max volts upped to .76
Thx Bobsag3 - If you dont mind answering - how many units do you have per cabinet? and do you use any special/customized way to extract the hot air (toom.im style)? or do you use normal datacenter closed-circuit air-conditioning system?
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 04:42:10 PM

I thought the Tubes are using the same BE200 chips that FC/AM is selling. I also thought that it's logical that if chips don't sell good considering there are so many distributors, manufacturers and an open source project the miner called Tube which uses the same chips will not sell good.

Your thoughts and assumptions are not facts yet you continually try to pass them off as facts. This is an example of that. You initially said you got the info directly from FC and you now admit (after being called out on your bullshit) that you just made it up based on your own thoughts and assumptions.

Canary as a distributor sold less units than what I had in my SP30 GB. I wouldn't brag with that number if I were him.

Nobody is bragging. You asked for numbers, I provided you with some. Also, Canary's group buy ran for 1 month under very conditions than yours. How long did your group buy run for. How many Spondoolies miners have been sold through your affiliate link in the past month?

Also being on a third batch means nothing if you don't know how big are the batches. SP-Tech had 1k SP30 units in August and more in September. If Canary sold 100 units then the total number of the Tubes in the wild must be less than 1000. Not that much of a performance.

Again with your unfounded, illogical assumptions. Please provide some evidence to back them up.

Sure, but compare it to the boom of the S3/S4 replies and you will definitely see a difference in popularity. If you have horse glasses and can't see the difference it's your problem, not mine.

More unfounded assumptions. Also, you'll find the term you're looking for is rose-tinted glasses, not horse glasses.

If you are too lazy to back up your accusation then they are worthless and it's just your word against mine. I haven't posted shit in the AM thread. I wanted to open a discussion about how would the shareholders think it's possible for AM to gain 20%-30% of the total hashrate. The only replies that I got was just like yours. Angry shareholders complaining that I'm waking them up from their dream where FC provides huge dividends for everyone. But don't worry. You don't have to listen to me, reality will do its job better.

Are you really that stupid? You had a sig proclaiming Spondolies' miners to be the greatest and you were making posts in all the other manufacturers thread talking shit about them. And it's not just your word against mine. By your very own words in that paragraph, there are plenty of people who hold the same opinion of you as I do. You try to paint them as irrational shareholders and yourself as simply interrupting a circle jerk. And yet, in a previous comment here, you admit that you were just trolling them. See, you can't even keep your lies straight.

Read above and remember. Only 10 days left and my prediction of no dividends in September will become a FACT.

I've already made a nice profit from my AM shares, so I don't really care. For me, it's a long term investment, not a get-rich quick scheme. How much profit have you made from mining on Spondoolies equipment?
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 05:13:37 PM

Your thoughts and assumptions are not facts yet you continually try to pass them off as facts. This is an example of that. You initially said you got the info directly from FC and you now admit (after being called out on your bullshit) that you just made it up based on your own thoughts and assumptions.

It's not hard. If the chips aren't selling good then the miners using those chips will not sell any better. It's not an assumption, it's a fact! Yes I got the information abut the chips from FC and I gave you the quote that said that chips aren't selling so goo. What else do you want? If you, in your blinded shareholder mind think that the miners using BE200 chips will sell like hot cakes after the bare chips weren't selling then you are just lying yourself.

Nobody is bragging. You asked for numbers, I provided you with some. Also, Canary's group buy ran for 1 month under very conditions than yours. How long did your group buy run for. How many Spondoolies miners have been sold through your affiliate link in the past month?

My GB run for 2 weeks and I there were sold more than 100 units. Why are you comparing the units sold through my affiliate link with regular sales? Playing the old jimmothy cards I see where you are comparing apples with oranges.

Are you really that stupid? You had a sig proclaiming Spondolies' miners to be the greatest and you were making posts in all the other manufacturers thread talking shit about them. And it's not just your word against mine. By your very own words in that paragraph, there are plenty of people who hold the same opinion of you as I do. You try to paint them as irrational shareholders and yourself as simply interrupting a circle jerk. And yet, in a previous comment here, you admit that you were just trolling them. See, you can't even keep your lies straight.

Best $/Gh and W/GH at that time so I don't see where the problem is.

I've already made a nice profit from my AM shares, so I don't really care. For me, it's a long term investment, not a get-rich quick scheme. How much profit have you made from mining on Spondoolies equipment?

You, same as jimmothy, think that if YOU made a little profit out of the shares, then EVERYONE else did the same. You are wrong. Not everyone got the shares at IPO. People who got in when the prices were high will never make their ROI. You, same as jimmothy, are offering a solution that was ok for you in the past. You don't care about the other shareholders while I tried to offer something good for all miners now in the present and also in the future.

As always stop telling me about facts from the past. Tell me about the present and the future. If I were to buy AM shares right now when should I expect a ROI with the non-existing dividends? Bitcoin is moving extremely fast and we need to leave the past behind and always look into the future because we all boarded this crazy TGV train that doesn't lets us dream about the past performances and comparing to your AM shares that got you nothing in the last months, I had some nice income and I was able to spend money/bitcoin on stuff that I wanted while you were dusting your trapped idling shares.

H/w Hosting Directory & Reputation - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622998.0
jborkl

Activity: 249

Team Heritage Motorsports

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 05:38:34 PM

I thought this was the spondoolies thread?

RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 05:47:29 PM

It is, except that I thought it would be fair for everyone to know that an AM shareholder came to this thread praising the AM Tubes, not just a random guy. And instead of just putting it into his sig he tries to discredit me.

hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 06:14:20 PM

It is, except that I thought it would be fair for everyone to know that an AM shareholder came to this thread praising the AM Tubes, not just a random guy. And instead of just putting it into his sig he tries to discredit me.

"he tries to discredit me"..

you guys should take a break of the internet, you are taking this sh*t wayy too seriously. ^^
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 06:21:37 PM

"he tries to discredit me"..

you guys should take a break of the internet, you are taking this sh*t wayy too seriously. ^^

At least you have the proper signature!

Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 07:11:01 PM

It's not hard. If the chips aren't selling good then the miners using those chips will not sell any better. It's not an assumption, it's a fact! Yes I got the information abut the chips from FC and I gave you the quote that said that chips aren't selling so goo. What else do you want? If you, in your blinded shareholder mind think that the miners using BE200 chips will sell like hot cakes after the bare chips weren't selling then you are just lying yourself.

No, that's not a fact at all. It's an assumption.

Best $/Gh and W/GH at that time so I don't see where the problem is.

So you now admit that you were trolling and talking rubbish about competitors in their thread while praising Spondoolies?

As always stop telling me about facts from the past. Tell me about the present and the future.

I don't have psychic abilities and as for the present, I've already provided the maths showing that SP20 is poor value compared to the competition.

I wasn't praising AM. In fact, the information I provided showed that the SP35 would be the most valuable miner if all delivery times where immediate, network hash rate was static, BTC price was static and cost of electricity was static. It also showed that the SP20 would be forth, with the S3+ B9 second and an AM Tube in third place. As it stands, the SP20 is just poor value. That's just how it is and nothing you or I say will change that. Only Spondoolies can fix it.
BitCoin Operated Boy

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 07:34:36 PM

Guy,

Is S-T planning to compete with Cointerra's AIRE Bitcoin Miner and release their next generation miner?
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 07:38:24 PM

Cointerra's product is nothing but vaporware. No one needs to concern themselves with it.

Buy & Hold
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1260

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 07:38:47 PM

@boscocoin

That AC is barely enough for ONE sp30.

When you say "in your room" I hope you do not mean that you will be staying in that room when the units are in there?

Evacuating 3kW of heat from a 2U case produces a significant amount of noise....

These sp30s are optimised for datacenter performance and not meant to be a home solution.
They can be a home solution with proper AC / airflow engineering, but hardly in a closed room.

Apart from the fact that AC equipment is expensive, running it also adds to your electricity bill, and unless you get WA state power rates, that will mean a big increase in your hosting cost.

Wow. Noise can be mitigated by buying an expensive ($5K) cabinet, but heat?
people just look at the production numbers and don't think about heat, which is a MAJOR issue (for home).

Ok I guess I will need to find a cheap hosting place in London. Anyone know any cheap ones in London I could go with? And the average costs per month including electricity?

Should have done a little more investigating before these simple answers can be found in a few minutes. While bitcoin is at a low right now, sending your units to a hosting facility you probably won't make your money back if you paid retail.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1029

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 07:40:43 PM

Guy,

Is S-T planning to compete with Cointerra's AIRE Bitcoin Miner and release their next generation miner?
The question is unclear. As I posted few pages ago, I can't comment on Cointerra's plans due to mutual NDA between the companies.
If you're asking if we intend to release more advance products in 2015 then the answer is yes.

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is back with the SPx36: https://www.spondoolies-tech.com/products/spx36
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 07:42:10 PM

Ok.. Hosting seems to be bit expensive. I have allocated some rack space in my room near the window. And also with my air-con. I'm not fussy about the noise. The only issue now would be the power coming off the wall. I know London sockets support 240v. If I do plug two of the units will there be any issues like the units blowing up or anything?

What is the worst that could happen? Just my trip would be turned off right?

I can change the electrics in the room. I had to manually create extra sockets which I fed off another power wire.

Funny, 2 SP30's in the same rack where the music studio is. I just don't get it.

opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 07:51:31 PM

As far as I know this sort of direct wiring from the fuse panel to the outlet is no different on a european panel than it is on either a 2-phase 120/240V or 3-phase 120/208V breaker panel.
What can I say? You are just an ignorant idiot. I even provided the links describing the differences between UK and US electrical wiring.

I'm all for capitalism and transfer of capital from stupid people in "old world" to smart people in "new world".

But what is now happening here is a sort of homicide/suicide pact done over the web forum. A homicide on the part of idiot giving the advice. Suicide on the part of idiot willing to follow the advice. It is a significant step beyond simple transfer of capital.

Thus far the worst occurrence related to Bitcoin mining was one guy suffering heat-stroke or brain-stroke after falling asleep in his very hot bedroom filled with mining equipment.

What is happening here (if followed literally to completion) will quite probably end in actual injury or death of boscocoin. The libertarian in me isn't really against it, if boscocoin has a death wish then let him fulfill it. But it may be a bad marketing for Spondoolies if boscocoin kills himself trying to install their miner.  So I'm somewhat torn ethically. On one hand I'm not really against ruthless people (like bobsag3 and klondike_bar) ripping off naive people. But when the ruthlessness moves into potential death-causing misadventures, I think I'm ethically obliged to raise an alarm.

I'll wait for the comment from the Israeli people who manage this thread.

Gun manufacturers aren't sued if people go around killing everyone with their guns. If he's older then 18 and a human being he has the right to do what he wants. Freedom baby.

seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 07:51:49 PM

Ok.. Hosting seems to be bit expensive. I have allocated some rack space in my room near the window. And also with my air-con. I'm not fussy about the noise. The only issue now would be the power coming off the wall. I know London sockets support 240v. If I do plug two of the units will there be any issues like the units blowing up or anything?

What is the worst that could happen? Just my trip would be turned off right?

I can change the electrics in the room. I had to manually create extra sockets which I fed off another power wire.

Funny, 2 SP30's in the same rack where the music studio is. I just don't get it.

what dont you get? ppl setup their miners at work to steal electric since 2011.
grn

Activity: 358
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 08:01:30 PM

Gun manufacturers aren't sued if people go around killing everyone with their guns. If he's older then 18 and a human being he has the right to do what he wants. Freedom baby.

Incorrect, 3 recent examples:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/danielfisher/2012/12/18/bushmaster-paid-after-malvo-killings-and-may-yet-pay-again/

http://news.yahoo.com/theater-shooting-victims-parents-sue-ammo-seller-170824059.html

Bryco Arms declared bankruptcy in 2003 as a result of losing a lawsuit filed in Oakland, California and which resulted in a jury award of a record $24 million judgment against Bryco Arms. The lawsuit stemmed from an injury to a then 7-year old boy named Brandon Maxfield received from a 12-year old who was attempting to unload the 380 ACP version of the Bryco Arms Model 38. The 12 year old pulled the trigger with a round still in the gun while it was pointed at Maxfield. The ensuing negligent discharge paralyzed Brandon Maxfield from the neck down.

etc......

How is that Lexical analysis working out bickneleski?
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 08:49:25 PM

I've noticed a pattern, you do your catch up (and venting) usually during the weekend.

You avoid reading the forum during the week?

Guy

Yep, some people have jobs and work a long work week.

opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 08:57:10 PM

Incorrect, 3 recent examples:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/danielfisher/2012/12/18/bushmaster-paid-after-malvo-killings-and-may-yet-pay-again/

http://news.yahoo.com/theater-shooting-victims-parents-sue-ammo-seller-170824059.html

Bryco Arms declared bankruptcy in 2003 as a result of losing a lawsuit filed in Oakland, California and which resulted in a jury award of a record $24 million judgment against Bryco Arms. The lawsuit stemmed from an injury to a then 7-year old boy named Brandon Maxfield received from a 12-year old who was attempting to unload the 380 ACP version of the Bryco Arms Model 38. The 12 year old pulled the trigger with a round still in the gun while it was pointed at Maxfield. The ensuing negligent discharge paralyzed Brandon Maxfield from the neck down.

etc......

Sad story, but I still don't see how the gun manufacturer is responsible for the boys death. The bigger problem is the law system allows the gun manufacturer to actually get sued. Having a loaded firearm available for a 12 year old boy to get to is the registered guns owners fault. It just boils down to people feeling guilty about what happened and want to make someone pay. They're also greedy scoundrels. Ok, way off topic. Have to read Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act.

Pages: « 1 ... 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 [377] 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 ... 726 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.