Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:13:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 [233] 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source  (Read 748196 times)
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 09:18:27 PM

Please send me the data files of the fork if anyone has them.
that is actually pretty clever. Can you rebroadcast those transactions?

I sure as heck hope not.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 09:23:22 PM

I sure as heck hope not.

This would likely kill the transactions after that?

MAybe he hardcodes some trasactions in there, that are proven not refunded?

PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 09:28:02 PM

I sure as heck hope not.

I hope not. This is crypto. You shouldn't be able to replay transactions from a fork to the real block chain and have them verified. You also shouldn't be able to just add transactions to the block chain without having the valid private key for the from address. If that is all possible then things are very badly broken. Or I have zero understanding of how blockchain based crypto currencies work. (which is possible, I've only been a dev for 22 years or so).
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 09:29:33 PM

I sure as heck hope not.

I hope not. This is crypto. You shouldn't be able to replay transactions from a fork to the real block chain and have them verified. You also shouldn't be able to just add transactions to the block chain without having the valid private key for the from address. If that is all possible then things are very badly broken.

?? The transactions were sent! He doesn't need the private key because he has the signed transactions. The same thing can be done with bitcoin if you have a valid raw transaction on a fork.

PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 09:33:02 PM

I sure as heck hope not.

I hope not. This is crypto. You shouldn't be able to replay transactions from a fork to the real block chain and have them verified. You also shouldn't be able to just add transactions to the block chain without having the valid private key for the from address. If that is all possible then things are very badly broken.

?? The transactions were sent! He doesn't need the private key because he has the signed transactions. The same thing can be done with bitcoin if you have a valid raw transaction on a fork.

I fully assume there is some time aspect tied into the transaction hashes in order from them to be injected on the block chain. Heck, I could be wrong. But if this is possible and someone sent me coins on the fork. Then I said, hey, that was a fork, please resend, and he did, not I can replay the original transaction from the fork onto the real chain? I really hope this isn't possible. It's not exactly a double spend, but it is a similar issue.

Also, it's probably that those original inputs are no longer owned by that Address, so they transaction wouldn't be valid for that reason as well.
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 09:33:37 PM

dzarmush comments?

ShareXCoin devs have written their on wrapper for Qora instead of official client. It had flaws and someone stole about 1.5M coins. 107'960 coins were sent several times in one second http://coinia.net/qora/blockexplorer.php?q=QcypT9kp1LEL5L56bqUrnpfJLKmJpDEnqN

They fixed it pretty quickly but I guess the hacker found another flaw and this time has stolen all coins. Although I don't understand why Zip is hiding. He has no obligations, so he could just say: "sorry guys, our wrapper for Qora sucked and someone stole all your coins".

P.S. I've lost ~8M, hope Zip will burn in hell  Smiley

Exergy

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 09:37:48 PM

dzarmush comments?

ShareXCoin devs have written their on wrapper for Qora instead of official client. It had flaws and someone stole about 1.5M coins. 107'960 coins were sent several times in one second http://coinia.net/qora/blockexplorer.php?q=QcypT9kp1LEL5L56bqUrnpfJLKmJpDEnqN

They fixed it pretty quickly but I guess the hacker found another flaw and this time has stolen all coins. Although I don't understand why Zip is hiding. He has no obligations, so he could just say: "sorry guys, our wrapper for Qora sucked and someone stole all your coins".

V. true, at this point I just wish he would let us know what has happened either way.

At least then I can stop refreshing these pages and chalk it up to a learning experience.

Definitely agree with the sentiment around this thread that if he has scammed the coins, he was a bloody moron not to wait a short while given that the site actually seemed pretty refined!

If the coins were stolen, man up and tell us!

PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 09:38:45 PM

dzarmush comments?

If this is what happened, then Zip should live up to it. Not keep everyone's balance of all the other coins the exchange held.
SushiChef

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 09:47:22 PM

I think it is better to follow the sharecoin thread until there is absolute certainty that the exchange has disappeared.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=587051.8000
I find it strange that an exchange would disappear within 2 months.
If they indeed had the intention to scam I think they would atleast have waited a few more months for bigger profits.

+1 for dropping by! confidence boost.. keep up your good work and deliver!

Is there a community manager for Qora who I can report too for duty (communitywork, translations, promotions, enz)
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 09:51:18 PM

dzarmush comments?

Just out of interest how did you get this info?

Have you spoken to him after site went down?

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

PondSea
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 09:57:55 PM

Also there is 65 mill in zips account

http://coinia.net/qora/blockexplorer.php?q=QXx7SnaEPvEczS8rX7HZKH3pY4vXG8ATxK

Also there is 70odd mill at polo

I am still holding out some hope if he comes clean and we could do a refund of sorts for the qora in everyone's account.

Just need the site to be up or have access to their db.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

Mrrr

Activity: 617
Merit: 528

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 09:59:07 PM

dzarmush comments?

Dzarmush this still doesn't explain the traffic from Poloniex to Sharexcoin just before Zip stopped answering his phone.

I sincerly pity everyone involved. But I'll pity other before I pity you Smiley

Anyways. It could very well be that Zip had good intentions throughout all acts of this Opera (qopera?) but that he is simply to ashamed to come forward. He shouldn't burn in hell for that. He should come forward so that we can set things straight.

burp...
PondSea
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 10:08:58 PM

dzarmush comments?

Dzarmush this still doesn't explain the traffic from Poloniex to Sharexcoin just before Zip stopped answering his phone.

Anyways. It could very well be that Zip had good intentions throughout all acts of this Opera (qopera?) but that he is simply to ashamed to come forward. He shouldn't burn in hell for that. He should come forward so that we can set things straight.

It seems like you guys have more contact/ info on him. Hopefully he is a moron and didn't use a burner.....

Is his phone switched off?

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..

Mrrr

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 10:42:50 PM

dzarmush comments?

It seems like you guys have more contact/ info on him. Hopefully he is a moron and didn't use a burner.....

Is his phone switched off?

Heh no I was just metaphorically speaking (ergo: someone owes you and he stops answering the phone: bad). I should have said AWOL Smiley I don't have any info on him, neither does dzarmush.

burp...
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 11:12:10 PM

dzarmush comments?

Just out of interest how did you get this info?

Have you spoken to him after site went down?

I PMd him when I knew about the first theft. He said he knows about it and it has been fixed.

But there are some inexplicable thing like those two last transactions, so it's a big question what has actually happened.

citysin

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 12:30:12 AM

If there was a functioning decentralized exchange for coins, only 1 half of this could have been prevented.

It took a human at an exchange to interfere with the process and freeze the suspicious account. I'm not entirely sure which bothers me more. Than an exchange would steal all of your funds, or that another would steal all the thieves funds back from him.

Should be interesting to see what you come up with for a solution to redistributing them.
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 12:34:58 AM

Can we burn these stolen coins guys??
Mrrr

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 12:38:45 AM

No. For obvious reasons.

burp...
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 12:43:29 AM

No. For obvious reasons.

Undecided
PondSea
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 12:46:42 AM

No. For obvious reasons.

Undecided

If everyone that was unaffected sent in 7 mill + coins each to burn then sure why not.

If you don't have any qora in the exchange I would shut your trap.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..

Pages: « 1 ... 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 [233] 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: