Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:17:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 [452] 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source  (Read 748197 times)
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 10:36:05 AM

Yeah, that's not how it's supposed to be done, to put it mildly. It's fortunate that the price is low (it will be for a long time if not always if this is how it rolls), the losses are not big. It certainly undermines investors' confidence. Looks like NXT's backup itself needs a backup or something Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 11:01:31 AM

...(it will be for a long time if not always if this is how it rolls)...

Good...   GO FUCKIN' FORGE if you want your QORA to have value...   Roll Eyes

Like I said a few days ago, and even twice, most Qora investors only look on Qora as a backup of NXT. If something bad happens to NXT, it won't take a long time to set up nodes, hundreds of them and take over from there to replace NXT. But why bother if NXT fares well? Many people think the same, but I guess I am the only one who speaks it. Do what you want with this information Smiley
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 11:08:43 AM

Like I said a few days ago, and even twice, most Qora investors only look on Qora as a backup of NXT. If something bad happens to NXT, it won't take a long time to set up nodes, hundreds of them and take over from there to replace NXT. But why bother if NXT fares well? Many people think the same, but I guess I am the only one who speaks it. Do what you want with this information Smiley

That really is a piss poor attitude.

I can't say anything else nicer than that so I will leave it.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

xyz

Activity: 1848
Merit: 772

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 11:16:30 AM

I am very interested in this coin! But I have lot of problems...
I would like to forge - but it seems useless for me...
For example I have every time when I start to download nearly the whole blockchain. This seems to be because if I close the program with "Alt + Q" or pressing the button it doesn't close properly!
That's not funny!
What to do?

And it seems that we have followed a lot of days another folk of the blockchain - before 27. of September my wallet shows different amount.
So we never know what will show our wallet the next day...

Es sind die glücklichen Sklaven der Freiheit größter Feind...
(Heinrich Hoffmann von Fallersleben, 1798-1874)
agran

Activity: 910

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 11:59:45 AM

Now explorer show balance with regard to assets.

example: http://qora.co.in/?q=QYACfUE6Lb6mwR8jcfBMqg6r2qVgLyqPpz

Now explorer can show all transactions of account without generated blocks. (idea: renat0)

example: http://qora.co.in/?q=QPVknSmwDryB98Hh8xB7E6U75dGFYwNkJ4&genblock=0

Let me remind you that you can watch the balances and transactions of several addresses by entering them separated by commas.

example: http://qora.co.in/?q=QYACfUE6Lb6mwR8jcfBMqg6r2qVgLyqPpz,QgDBz4HkZ1WmtkL5MkD2yoFFLwnjLJwkru,QdrhixdevE7ZJqSHAfV19yVYrYsys8VLgz

Top100 not yet considers assets, but it will be fixed.

QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QTz6fSV2VNc2wjwwsw57kwQzgQhmGw5idQ
twospirit

Activity: 502
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 01:37:18 PM

Now explorer show balance with regard to assets.

example: http://qora.co.in/?q=QYACfUE6Lb6mwR8jcfBMqg6r2qVgLyqPpz

Now explorer can show all transactions of account without generated blocks. (idea: renat0)

example: http://qora.co.in/?q=QPVknSmwDryB98Hh8xB7E6U75dGFYwNkJ4&genblock=0

Let me remind you that you can watch the balances and transactions of several addresses by entering them separated by commas.

example: http://qora.co.in/?q=QYACfUE6Lb6mwR8jcfBMqg6r2qVgLyqPpz,QgDBz4HkZ1WmtkL5MkD2yoFFLwnjLJwkru,QdrhixdevE7ZJqSHAfV19yVYrYsys8VLgz

Top100 not yet considers assets, but it will be fixed.
amazing job, as usual...it only seems that shares sold on AE are not deducted from the account.
QYACfUE6Lb6mwR8jcfBMqg6r2qVgLyqPpz holds 49735 qout Wink 55 sold on AE
kenboy

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 01:40:21 PM

the new wallet released Huh
zanzibar

Activity: 715

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 02:27:59 PM

I doubt people will automatically move from Nxt to Qora if Nxt fails.  Personally, I will be moving to something open source before ever considering Qora.
Gandi

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 03:03:59 PM

I read through some of the thread and quite a bit of the chat logs, I have one big question. If Qora is completely trustworthy and honest, which he seems to be but also people believe he is, even refunding people for their recent loses. I don't get the speculation that he was BCNext the creator of NXT. What I don't understand is he knew people thought he was and he never denied it at all. If someone said I was someone else I wasn't I would quickly say and would feel like I'm lying by not denying it. So the question is Qora a bit sly and lying or is he BCNext?

I imagine one word from him hinting he was BCNext would send this coin into space. It makes some sense possibly as a more developed NXT base code. Or if he is not clearing up the wrong fact then he is not as honest as people think?
rlh

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 03:46:48 PM

I read through some of the thread and quite a bit of the chat logs, I have one big question. If Qora is completely trustworthy and honest, which he seems to be but also people believe he is, even refunding people for their recent loses. I don't get the speculation that he was BCNext the creator of NXT. What I don't understand is he knew people thought he was and he never denied it at all. If someone said I was someone else I wasn't I would quickly say and would feel like I'm lying by not denying it. So the question is Qora a bit sly and lying or is he BCNext?

I imagine one word from him hinting he was BCNext would send this coin into space. It makes some sense possibly as a more developed NXT base code. Or if he is not clearing up the wrong fact then he is not as honest as people think?

Do not mistake laying low, as being sly.  Qora doesn't respond to much other than debelopment, and technical questions.  If he was prolific then, maybe, your thoughts on this could have a little merit.  However, being that Qora doesn't waste his time engaging all of the nonsense on here, I'm guessing he just doesn't care to respond (even if he were BCNext.)

Ultimately, for the sake of the coin, the originator doesn't matter.  What matters are issues like stability, capablity, community involvement, extrnal audits, etc.  Qora could be developed by  Satoshi, BCNext, Linus Torvalds, Vladimir Putin, Reagan's ghost, aliens or even Elvis.  It wouldn't matter, so long as the application/protocol were being actively supported by a growing community.

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
Gandi

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 03:53:27 PM

Do not mistake laying low, as being sly.  Qora doesn't respond to much other than debelopment, and technical questions.  If he was prolific then, maybe, your thoughts on this could have a little merit.  However, being that Qora doesn't waste his time engaging all of the nonsense on here, I'm guessing he just doesn't care to respond (even if he were BCNext.)

Ultimately, for the sake of the coin, the originator doesn't matter.  What matters are issues like stability, capablity, community involvement, extrnal audits, etc.  Qora could be developed by  Satoshi, BCNext, Linus Torvalds, Vladimir Putin, Reagan's ghost, aliens or even Elvis.  It wouldn't matter, so long as the application/protocol were being actively supported by a growing community.

Tell me with a straight face that IF everyone knew Qora was BCNext it wouldn't change anything? It's would be massive, loads of NXT developers would run to Qora, NXT would half in value overnight and Qora would increase in price multiples of times. I'm not debating if this is 'important' but it would change things. reading the thread it seemed lots of people really thought he was him and then it got forgotten. I still think it's dishonest cause I read once he recognised the claim (I'll find if if you give me some time) and he just said nothing and laughed it off with a wink icon!, I would deny being someone else if the direct question was asked to me.
rlh

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:17:06 PM

Do not mistake laying low, as being sly.  Qora doesn't respond to much other than debelopment, and technical questions.  If he was prolific then, maybe, your thoughts on this could have a little merit.  However, being that Qora doesn't waste his time engaging all of the nonsense on here, I'm guessing he just doesn't care to respond (even if he were BCNext.)

Ultimately, for the sake of the coin, the originator doesn't matter.  What matters are issues like stability, capablity, community involvement, extrnal audits, etc.  Qora could be developed by  Satoshi, BCNext, Linus Torvalds, Vladimir Putin, Reagan's ghost, aliens or even Elvis.  It wouldn't matter, so long as the application/protocol were being actively supported by a growing community.

Tell me with a straight face that IF everyone knew Qora was BCNext it wouldn't change anything? It's would be massive, loads of NXT developers would run to Qora, NXT would half in value overnight and Qora would increase in price multiples of times. I'm not debating if this is 'important' but it would change things. reading the thread it seemed lots of people really thought he was him and then it got forgotten. I still think it's dishonest cause I read once he recognised the claim (I'll find if if you give me some time) and he just said nothing and laughed it off with a wink icon!, I would deny being someone else if the direct question was asked to me.

I disagree, but only because I've been around a while.  Yes, if it was factually proven that this was BCNext, it would have an affect in the coins price, and people would read up a little on the project.  Regardless, this would have no bearing on what this coin is capable of, nor would I suspect any lasting effect on the coin or community.

Also, if Qora is a crypto old timer, much like myself, then he has probably learned the one basic rule of BTT-- don't feed the trolls.  The easiest way to do that is to keep your mouth shut and speak simply, and quickly when you have something to say.  Anything else is just fodder for trolls, whether they have "good intensions" or not.

If I were in his/her shoes (which I'm not cause I'm neither Qora or BCNext) I'd almost certainly behave exactly as he is.  Why, because I wouldn't care and I'd also know that whether I'd deny or except the accusation would have no bearing on my project, had I chosen to remain anonymous from it's beginning.

The claim was (and is) nothing more than wild speculation.  Nothing more.

"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
locdev

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:44:52 PM

It wouldn't matter, so long as the application/protocol were being actively supported by a growing community.

yes but the problem is that the application is closed source and the protocol description is not available.....
vytasz7

Activity: 561

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:50:56 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2014, 05:05:48 PM by vytasz7

The biggest qora problem that is 1 man project ,if he dies (by accident like a car hit) doesnt matter how trustworthy he is , its a finish .Only hope is open source.
vytasz7

Activity: 561

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:52:47 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2014, 05:20:39 PM by vytasz7

or at least we need a developer team of at least a few people ,to regain some trust
Maxmast

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 05:13:59 PM

open sourece will coming.

it is the best important thing.
qora will have a good future

Get Free VpnCoin, Join BitNet ! VoZbKEt7GwDEgKyFUG8nGHoSn43TkK1X4M
twospirit

Activity: 502

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 05:20:27 PM

or at least we need a developer team of at least a few people to regain some trust
Yes, right now Qora seems to be just 2nd gen experiment. In that case is overpriced.
agran

Activity: 910

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 05:48:13 PM

amazing job, as usual...it only seems that shares sold on AE are not deducted from the account.
QYACfUE6Lb6mwR8jcfBMqg6r2qVgLyqPpz holds 49735 qout Wink 55 sold on AE
Assets are written off when creating an order.

QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QTz6fSV2VNc2wjwwsw57kwQzgQhmGw5idQ
rlh

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 05:58:47 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2014, 06:20:58 PM by rlh

It wouldn't matter, so long as the application/protocol were being actively supported by a growing community.

yes but the problem is that the application is closed source and the protocol description is not available.....

I don't disagree.  My point is, however, those are the issues that really matter, not who made the coin.  I could care less who made qora, so long as it has the neccessary features and qualities to prosper.

I still plan to hang around for a while, and support where I can, but the recent AE launch has proven what I hesitate to weigh in on, but it's that Qora needs at least a back-up dev, or a seconf pair of eyes.  I'm not knocking the guy, but no one is a "perfect" dev, and if they tell you otherwise, well... They may have a trustworthy character, but I wouldn't trust their code.

We all make mistakes and distributive, transactional ledgers are aren't "simple" projects.

rabbiter

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 06:05:05 PM

I don't disagree.  My point is, however, those are the issues that really matter, not who made the coin.  I could care less who made qora, so long as it has the neccessary features and qualities to prosper.

I still plan to hang around for a while, and support where I can, but the recent AE launch has proven what I hesitate to weigh in on, but it's that Qora needs at least a back-up dev, or a seconf pair of eyes.  I'm not knocking the guy, but no one is a "perfect" dev, and if they tell you otherwise, well... They may have a trustworthy character, but I wouldn't trust their code.

We all make mistakes and distributive, transactional ledgers are "simple" projects.

Struggling to see what mistakes Qora as a developer has done. yeah I think Qora needs to be open source but Qora the developer has achieved more than NXT did, quicker than NXT and with less mishaps than NXT including zero stolen coins so far. NXT took a long time and lots of people to get where it is now.

Plus you are missing that Botcoin and NXT were both the work of one man. Yeah others have refined it but the ideas came from one guy. Qora is actually following the tradition of the best developers.

I want OS as much as anyone but people who suggest Qora is some science project are wrong.
Pages: « 1 ... 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 [452] 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: