Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:29:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 [458] 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source  (Read 748199 times)
zondic

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 03:07:19 PM

So if I understand right CIYAM and Co. have developed a product and they are selling it to multiple coins? NXT, QORA, etc..
Interesting approach!!
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 03:21:38 PM

So if I understand right CIYAM and Co. have developed a product and they are selling it to multiple coins? NXT, QORA, etc..
Interesting approach!!

You got it right, ma bruda.
zanzibar

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 03:40:02 PM

Yep, there are several other coins developing AT at the moment.  I'm glad to see it open source.  If I was Ethereum, I would be shitting my pants.  In regards to Qora, he needs to open it up on a testnet for users, if he doesn't, it will break Qora.  All of this needs to be done after Qora is open source and has a thorough code review.
Breasal

Activity: 585

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:40:10 PM

Just read the good news after a few days away: this is very positive for qora for obvious reasons. Welcome Ian et company!

I look forward to purchasing 5 million assets and more as qora moves ahead and as the community learns more details about the implications of TF and the TF asset.

@qora - I know you are not one for much communication, but would really like some feedback:

Does this mean qora is now/almost OS?
Will Ian or others come on board as qora devs part time or others full time?
Can you tell us about TF implementation and qora testnet (if there is one)?
In what way can we/others get involved to leverage this momentum?

I'm really excited about this project. Cheesy Qora has a terrible community if I'm honest, primarily because it is closed source and devs migrate elsewhere. With Ian helping to integrate TF (together with OS) will definitely bring "new talent" and ideas. I hear Qora rumbling again.
Fry

Activity: 45

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:55:14 PM

Just read the good news after a few days away: this is very positive for qora for obvious reasons. Welcome Ian et company!

I look forward to purchasing 5 million assets and more as qora moves ahead and as the community learns more details about the implications of TF and the TF asset.

@qora - I know you are not one for much communication, but would really like some feedback:

I'm really excited about this project. Cheesy Qora has a terrible community if I'm honest, primarily because it is closed source and devs migrate elsewhere. With Ian helping to integrate TF (together with OS) will definitely bring "new talent" and ideas. I hear Qora rumbling again.

You mean AT, not TF?
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 08:19:38 PM

So if we buy the ATFunding asset more than 100 000 000, then we may be the first coin to implant the AT?
At the price 17sat, it about 17 BTC, it's not too much.

Maybe as it seems like AT will be ready on the NXT testnet on the 15th. They will have to choose to include it or not.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

qora (OP)

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 09:07:35 PM

It is up to the community to decide whether they want this or not. I expect most of the community will be in favor of integrating this project.

The developers of AT are not bound to any cryptocurrency. This means that their project can be used by other cryptocurrencies.

The information is currently limited but everything will become more clear over the next few days when we have discussed the details.

calvinstm

Activity: 229
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 09:33:19 PM

First off, I'd just like to say that I'm excited about the prospect of getting Automated Transaction for Qora!  Cheesy I'd definitely pledge 5 million qora toward integration of AT into Qora core. Before I go ahead and purchase 5 million shares of AT Assets, I'd just like to learn more about the implication of the current proposal. 

I've got a few questions I'd like to ask the AT team as well as the Qora dev -

1. Will you guys stay on board to help/supervise the AT integration effort? Or will the entire integration process be handled by the Qora dev only? Have you come to an agreement with the Qora dev on how to cooperate? I'm wondering about this because I'm curious whether Qora dev is on board with this idea or if the whole thing is still in discussion at the moment.

2.  I'm wondering if there is an agreement in place to share Qora source code with the AT team.  Rumor has that AT devs will be the first to review Qora source code before Qora's gone full OS.  Care to confirm that?  Grin Just wanna say I fully support that idea! I sincerely hope AT team will decide to stay long-term and make Qora their main platform for future product launch.

3. So if I understand correctly, there is a good chance Qora might become the first platform to have AT in the core (provide that the NXT folks reject AT after testnet release).  Smiley  Just wondering if there is any chance to make AT an exclusive feature for Qora if the community manages to raise enough money in Qora AT asset?  Grin 

4. If I recall correctly, AT was written in assembly language and there was a plan in place to rewrite it in higher level languages like C/C++. Just curious if it has been done?

Thanks and Welcome to the thread, CIYAM!  Hope to see you here more often.  Wink

- Calvin

Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 09:48:29 PM

So if we buy the ATFunding asset more than 100 000 000, then we may be the first coin to implant the AT?
At the price 17sat, it about 17 BTC, it's not too much.

Maybe as it seems like AT will be ready on the NXT testnet on the 15th. They will have to choose to include it or not.

As I know, NXT folks were not very delighted by the AT this summer. This doesn't mean they will not implement it if it runs without the problems.
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 01:51:48 AM

Just to clarify a few things - AT is *open source* (under the MIT license) and was originally written in C++ by myself (the prototype is available if you scroll down to the last link in http://ciyam.org/at).

The language that ATs use is an artificial "machine code" (that I invented) and yes we do hope down the track to be able to build higher level languages on top of it (but for now very useful ATs can be written in machine code as our use cases have already proven so we are not rushing into the development of any higher level languages).

Assuming enough funds are raised during the "crowdfunding" period then these funds will then be used to pay for time and effort on behalf of the AT team to help Qora to implement it (in a manner that will be *compatible* with other AT implementations). A portion of those funds would also be used to help get the "lottery" created and promoted (with a decent "first few rounds reward added" to help encourage participation).

We will also be developing a very exciting new "use case" for AT that could well be its "killer app". It will be an "atomic cross-chain transfer" AT that will allow transactions to effectively occur across two blockchains that are using AT.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
eli_lyd1

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 01:55:03 AM

Just to clarify a few things - AT is *open source* (under the MIT license) and was originally written in C++ by myself (the prototype is available if you scroll down to the last link in http://ciyam.org/at).

The language that ATs use is an artificial "machine code" (that I invented) and yes we do hope down the track to be able to build higher level languages on top of it (but for now very useful ATs can be written in machine code as our use cases have already proven so we are not rushing into the development of any higher level languages).

Assuming enough funds are raised during the "crowdfunding" period then these funds will then be used to pay for time and effort on behalf of the AT team to help Qora to implement it (in a manner that will be *compatible* with other AT implementations). A portion of those funds would also be used to help get the "lottery" created and promoted (with a decent "first few rounds reward added" to help encourage participation).

We will also be developing a very exciting new "use case" for AT that could well be its "killer app". It will be an "atomic cross-chain transfer" AT that will allow transactions to effectively occur across two blockchains that are using AT.

Good, I support it .
I will buy some.
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 02:07:03 AM

Atomic cross-chain transfer, SuperFly wallet OMG buy before it's too late!
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 02:26:30 AM
Last edit: October 09, 2014, 02:38:44 AM by PondSea

Great to hear Ian! Also you dont need to assume  Wink

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

Breasal

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 03:23:23 AM

You mean AT, not TF?

Yes, thanks for the correction...  Embarrassed
Breasal

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 03:44:55 AM

CIYAM - are you aware of ATOMIC and it's development which hopes to serve the purpose stated above? I have cross-posted both here and on the ATOMIC thread simply as a messenger in hopes that you and CryptAxe might chat.

Post to ATOMIC documentation: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=780833.msg9135301#msg9135301

Edit: I realize these are two different platforms (your development is unique and requires AT) and that competition is good. I image you are much further ahead than ATOMIC  Grin

Anyway, for what it's worth.
Scipiocore

Activity: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 08:10:10 AM

To
 The
  Moon!

Easy profit in qora right now
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 08:55:01 AM

CIYAM - are you aware of ATOMIC and it's development which hopes to serve the purpose stated above? I have cross-posted both here and on the ATOMIC thread simply as a messenger in hopes that you and CryptAxe might chat.

Assuming it is using the method that involves "nLockTime" the problem is that "you can't send refund txs to the network in advance" (they won't be accepted due to concerns of an attack vector - so it only works properly on "testnet" which doesn't have this restriction). If it is instead some sort of "multi-sig" thing then it is "not trustless" (therefore questionable).

This might be of interest: http://swapbill.readthedocs.org/en (but again is *testnet only*).

So AFAIA the only way you'll be able to do "trustless atomic cross-chain transfers" for now will be the AT way.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
yabit

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 10:38:41 AM

Error starting v18 (all data deleted is the same):

Could not set field value: fh - class e.e
nonlinearboy

Activity: 703

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 10:42:17 AM

watch this 2nd gen coin,looking for big event.
agran

Activity: 910

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 11:04:32 AM

Error starting v18 (all data deleted is the same):

Could not set field value: fh - class e.e
del wallet folder and recover from seed.

QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QTz6fSV2VNc2wjwwsw57kwQzgQhmGw5idQ
Pages: « 1 ... 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 [458] 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: