Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:59:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 [457] 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046632 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Gekko463

Activity: 545
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 09:21:19 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2015, 11:35:48 AM by Gekko463

Guild closed. DVC Uno returned forthwith.

Go, Unobtanium!

Thanks.

I never said you needed to shut it down.  I said you needed to stop advertising it as a central feature of UNO.  It is too complicated for cross cultural marketing purposes.  It has always been too complicated for regular marketing purposes.

As a peripheral project great.  It always getting top billing and being splattered on Reddit and here constantly was annoying more than me.

I have lived most of my adult life as an expat, from being a young airman in Germany in '84 through France, back to New York a bit, Hawaii, and then Australia and for the last 7 years Vietnam.

Communicating simple things like, "it's money that flies across the internet, and this one is valuable because it's rare, like gold" is hard enough without complications and derivatives and having people ask questions about that.  Doing it across cultures is even harder.

It's a lot simpler to get a black coffee than a complicated frozen skinny soy latte moche chocha razzleberry whatever at Starbucks when you're in Beijing.

Simple and elegant is better.  Mac is a bicycle for your mind.  UNO is a solid place to store your crypto.

This tantrum was about streamlining the message.  Not shutting down your playroom.

I trust all mentions will be removed from unobtanium.uno (learnminer?) in all current languages, the OP here (FK?), and some of the many, many posts on reddit deleted (IMZ) within reasonable delays for people's time.  I am acting (not doing anything) as though this were already so.

As soon as the Mac wallet is done, I'll contribute to Blazr.

Life goes on.  My UNO is firmly in my wallet.  Sometimes a little drama is necessary to get the elephant in the room moving.

Good discussions.  Peace out.  (drops microphone).
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cragv

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 11:51:04 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2015, 12:07:51 PM by cragv

Communicating simple things like, "it's money that flies across the internet, and this one is valuable because it's rare, like gold" is hard enough without complications and derivatives and having people ask questions about that.  Doing it across cultures is even harder.

It's a lot simpler to get a black coffee than a complicated frozen skinny soy latte moche chocha razzleberry whatever at Starbucks when you're in Beijing.

Simple and elegant is better.  Mac is a bicycle for your mind.  UNO is a solid place to store your crypto.

This message is clear and your point made, and that's fine. We move on with knowledge and experience and tomorrow is a new day.

However, as a member of UNO's core community of supporters here, I'm disappointed and ashamed by your posts on Reddit yesterday, Gekko. Threat of buy sell-wall over Mark's head aside, hurling such names and insults, particularly in the face of a graceful withdrawal, is an utter contradiction to the "streamlined message" and entry-friendly image you purportedly wish to protect and promote. You may not agree with him or even respect him, but you've only ever received polite discourse from the man. At worst, he was merely civil when he sent you the quoted message in March about the Un-Ex not being open to you, and that simply to a dinky experimental trading group, of all things.

After your unexpected outburst in our Reddit discussion in March, I have not since directly engaged with you for anything except your China program last month. We have repeatedly chosen grace and peace over confrontation for the sake of the community's cohesion. However, your persistent belligerence is a strong and corrosive force to UNO's greater reputation as a coin and for us as a community. Such behaviour harms our collaboration in future projects and ultimately damages our common goal of wider adoption. If you truly believe in what you're trying to protect with your efforts on Reddit, such behaviour has no place here.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 12:05:36 PM

uno ... the black coffee of crypto
... scalding hot and in your lap ... BEWARE!
hot air.  (this decision ... bull poop)
MAC
is here
Blueschist in Mac format, built on Yosemite 10.10.3: https://23skidoo.info/Unobtanium-blueschistMac.dmg

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
cryptapus

Activity: 626
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 12:57:32 PM

Dedicated Android Wallet for UNO - Request funds for development

See the original request here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.msg10831261#msg10831261

We now have 160 of our 125 UNO (at today's price) goal!

udroidNXd1YNoL1DgNu8NktemcnexiBByM

Thanks everyone for your generosity!

Another beta release, HashEngineering via PM:

If you value this wallet please consider helping to beta-test (I'm occupied at the moment and likely to miss finer points). Based on where it is today I would assume it will hit the Google Play Store soon. Hash should be watching this thread, feedback is welcome here, PM to Hash, or on the HashEngineering thread.

website | PGP fingerprint: 692C 0756 E57D 2FA1 7601 3729 010B 717F 231C E7AA | BTC Address: 1CrYPTB1o7QWc8hXqBMP2LtAJh1VMtTFBh
Gekko463

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 01:03:57 PM

This message is clear and your point made, and that's fine. We move on with knowledge and experience and tomorrow is a new day.

However, as a member of UNO's core community of supporters here, I'm disappointed and ashamed by your posts on Reddit yesterday, Gekko. Threat of buy sell-wall over Mark's head aside, hurling such names and insults, particularly in the face of a graceful withdrawal, is an utter contradiction to the "streamlined message" and entry-friendly image you purportedly wish to protect and promote. You may not agree with him or even respect him, but you've only ever received polite discourse from the man. At worst, he was merely civil when he sent you the quoted message in March about the Un-Ex not being open to you, and that simply to a dinky experimental trading group, of all things.

After your unexpected outburst in our Reddit discussion in March, I have not since directly engaged with you for anything except your China program last month. We have repeatedly chosen grace and peace over confrontation for the sake of the community's cohesion. However, your persistent belligerence is a strong and corrosive force to UNO's greater reputation as a coin and for us as a community. Such behaviour harms our collaboration in future projects and ultimately damages our common goal of wider adoption. If you truly believe in what you're trying to protect with your efforts on Reddit, such behaviour has no place here.

I am a vicious prick.  Oblivious to your opinion of me.  Things need to get done sometimes.  Being polite to each other constantly gets very little done.

As I just mentioned to someone else in a PM, one of the downsides of a fair launch is no leadership.  Thus it occasionally comes down to Darwinian chest beating, the showing of teeth, and the demonstration of financial dominance to get shit done.

Blazer doesn't want to lead, FK organizes and keeps the peace, I don't want to lead on a full time basis but dammit, when things need to get done, somebody has to actually say it.  

As we are largely composed of drunks, stoners and the occasional developmentally challenged, somebody needs to pick up the ball, throw it, and order the most qualified people to run with it.

I have asked IMZ to run with the ball of getting all the mentions of the private trader club off of reddit, unobtanium.uno and the OP here.  He will communicate with those people capable of making those changes.

This is a half million dollar business gentlemen.  It should be worth a lot more, and it is not currently.
 This can be fixed if everyone picks up a goddamned ball and runs with it sometimes and gives no fucks about any feet that might be trod upon.

This is not a book club or a tea party.  Reach down, count 'em, make sure there are still two, and march towards the next level of success.  

Working well together does not mean hugging each other's nuts.

I may not like you either Craigv.  Who gives a shit?  As long as we both do what is best for the common goal.  80BTC to 1UNO.
Gekko463

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 01:23:58 PM

You know what would be awesome?  If somebody outside of this dust up wrote an article about the drama who knew how to get it published in the crypto press?

I am not objective and don't know how to get it published.

Who does?  Which one of you is THAT GUY?  Scandal sells.

Pick up the goddamned ball!
cragv

Activity: 342

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 01:28:42 PM

If you value this wallet please consider helping to beta-test (I'm occupied at the moment and likely to miss finer points). Based on where it is today I would assume it will hit the Google Play Store soon. Hash should be watching this thread, feedback is welcome here, PM to Hash, or on the HashEngineering thread.
Perfect, thank you. Will test tomorrow afternoon and provide feedback. Ta!

I may not like you either Craigv.  Who gives a shit?  As long as we both do what is best for the common goal.
If you liked me at this point I'd probably have compromised somewhere along the way. I'm not here for the money first and foremost, though obviously we work toward this goal. People are more important than profit, which is a personal belief that probably contributes to how you and I are a poor fit in the same team. Two horses cannot pull in different directions if hitched to the same carriage, etc. I do not require you to share this belief and I do not require you to like me. There's no news here, it does not matter.

However, there are some common goals we do share and it is here that my previous post is directly applied. One can be direct, respectful and still effective. It doesn't take drama, insults and verbal blasting to achieve things - especially not greatness. There are certainly countless examples of successful people through history who are arseholes but there are many, many successful people who were respectful of their fellow man. Death is the great equaliser so for the time we have here, our words and deeds comprise our legacies and influence our kids and the kind of future they grow up with.

Bottom line, you want to achieve things here, great. Me too. Let's get the job done like real men with some decency and respect.
MagicOne

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 01:47:27 PM

I am getting errors when trying to compile from source on Ubuntu 14.04

$ make
Making all in src
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/me/coins/Unobtanium/src'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/me/coins/Unobtanium/src'
  CXX      crypto/libbitcoinconsensus_la-sha1.lo
make[2]: *** [crypto/libbitcoinconsensus_la-sha1.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/me/coins/Unobtanium/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/me/coins/Unobtanium/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Anyone know how to fix this?
learminer

Activity: 559

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 02:59:20 PM

Since the guild took matters into their own hands and decided to put an end to the controversy their way, I've removed references to it from the unobtanium.uno website.
In the process I fixed the Cryptsy ticker - for some reason their primary API server doesn't seem to work reliably right now, so I switched to #2 which seems to work. If anyone notices problems with it in the future please let me know.

@Gekko: I've got no repect for the way you behaved on this issue, there was absolutely no need to play dictator here and even less to be abusive and threaten folks. Not. Cool.

Gekko463

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 04:57:48 PM

Since the guild took matters into their own hands and decided to put an end to the controversy their way, I've removed references to it from the unobtanium.uno website.
In the process I fixed the Cryptsy ticker - for some reason their primary API server doesn't seem to work reliably right now, so I switched to #2 which seems to work. If anyone notices problems with it in the future please let me know.

@Gekko: I've got no repect for the way you behaved on this issue, there was absolutely no need to play dictator here and even less to be abusive and threaten folks. Not. Cool.

Yet amazingly, things are getting done. 

You can be the leader this week.  Your way.  I find it to be a particularly thankless task.  At least outside of PM's.
BlueMan.

Activity: 339

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 06:14:07 PM

HaHa lol it is veri simple guys : we ban Geko and everybody going to be happy ! Grin  Did i need to be dictator? Maybe i need to start blackmailing people like geko?

The guild maybe is closed , but all feel free to PM or better then post here if you want sell or buy big time. I love treading in private. I prefer it Grin

IMZ Guys i cant believe you cloze the guild because of this boy geko.

From now on i posting here my buy offers Cheesy

@geko FUCK YOU !

gustav

Activity: 602

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 06:18:34 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2015, 07:12:41 PM by gustav

I think all in all it'll be important to a) keep it all 100% public without registration so everyone can see everything and b) give people who do hold Uno and stick around a way to access trades regardless on the Un-ex thing.

Why? People should be able to trade UNO however they want. And anyone should be able to run any sort of market they want. If they don't want to include someone / multiple people in their operation then so be it. People are always free to trade on one of the exchanges offering UNO pairs. Nothing should be forced one way or another. Why does Gekko not go and trade somewhere else. Isn't that part of the beauty of crypto, totally free market?

Well, human emotions, man. If you have it officially and publically advertised everywhere but then turns out it is not open to everyone and the selection happens kind of arbitrary, well then you will get: butthurt people who were left out, and other people who become suspicious as it turns a little shady. I do agree that basically everyone should be able to trade in any fashion they want but if you want it on official page then it would be impractical to deny access to people because due to human emotions things would get sour as those not let in will be upset and in case they hold a lot uno and are generally involved with the coin they will either sell on the denied access or just hang out on the thread with eternal butthurt and things turn toxic easily and that's a thing we really don't need at all ... only due to something that's really not such a big deal.

Now i hear people want to close the guild which i also don't fully understand because why not open it to everyone and just moderate people who aren't talking in respectful manner?

But let's continue the discussion on the other thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1102807

Only 39! Wow!

But think back a year or two, campers. Cryptos have come a long long way. I personally have no concerns whatsoever that we are 'over the hump' (with or without Mass Chinese Adoption . . . ).

IMZ Mark

only 39 opened their wallets 17 june.

Which means they are using it like it's intended: to store value (for which the wallets don't need to be active at all). I don't think that particular number is saying a lot.
gustav

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 06:23:25 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2015, 06:35:44 PM by gustav

People, if you can't deal with gekko put him on 'ignore', pretty simple.
Everyone seems to be ultra sensitive.  Roll Eyes

Most people need thicker skin. Crypto communities is less like a warm livingroom in private with friends, it's more like a public club with all kinds of people coming in from the street.
It's really not a warm private livingroom but a public space with random people roaming around. Get used to people you don't like - they will be more plentiful later. Wink
People need some skin and the ability to filter information imo.

Just think about how many assholes use US-Dollar and you know where we're heading Wink
BlueMan.

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 06:49:02 PM

I change me mind. Never going to support project that geko have something to do with! So no funding from me for the China project if geko run it. Das not matter is good or bad for the community goals if geko is in i am out! That is me new principe    Grin Grin Grin Grin

BlueMan.

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 06:56:37 PM

People, if you can't deal with gekko put him on 'ignore', pretty simple.
Everyone seems to be ultra sensitive.  Roll Eyes

Most people need thicker skin. Crypto communities is less like a warm livingroom in private with friends, it's more like a public club with all kinds of people coming in from the street.
It's really not a warm private livingroom but a public space with random people roaming around. Get used to people you don't like - they will be more plentiful later. Wink
People need some skin and the ability to filter information imo.

Just think about how many assholes use US-Dollar and you know where we're heading Wink

I can ignore everyone but for this one will make an exeption Cheesy

Gekko463

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 06:58:30 PM

I change me mind. Never going to support project that geko have something to do with! So no funding from me for the China project if geko run it. Das not matter is good or bad for the community goals if geko is in i am out! That is me new principe    Grin Grin Grin Grin

You pledged 30 kilos to the bounty fund.  I have removed your pledge from the spreadsheet.  Anyone else that would like to pull support (or continue the search for the Chinese guy we need and take over the project from me so Blue doesn't get sad) can inform me publicly or by PM.  

Seriously.  If somebody else wants to do this, happy to turn over my notes and the pledge spreadsheets.

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.
BlueMan.

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 07:16:54 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2015, 07:50:00 PM by BlueMan.

This forum not going to be the same sorry!

Try to watch gekos flaying  shit all day long and meditate  Cheesy

BlueMan.

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 07:33:22 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2015, 12:24:57 AM by BlueMan.

@Mark what happened with the ($multimillion idea) The Mall. Are you quite your idea because of this pice of shit geko. You got to be kidding me brother!

BlueMan.

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 07:39:46 PM

Let put this on vote :

Who is yes for the guild! And put the link back to our site. The people spend a lot energy for this exchange! It must be there for option!

Actually i don't know who going to vote against it ??  

gustav

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 08:06:20 PM

I think you shouldn't close the guild, you should actually improve on how it operates maybe? I don't think being upset and closing it down is the right choice. People should work out some solutions and have an open and respectful discussion about goals, purpose and how it operates on the other thread maybe?
Just a suggestion.

-> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1102807
Pages: « 1 ... 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 [457] 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: