Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:59:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 [471] 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046631 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2015, 08:09:11 PM

Added Altquick.co to the OP!

Nice work, Blueman!

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 11:15:47 PM

"IMZ GOOD IDEA! I  hope that is possible somehow!"

Morning, Blue Man. IndiaMikeZulu is resting from dev work at present -- we started, and it has cost us a lot of time and money (and heartache) in late 2013.

All it takes, what it takes, what you need, whatcha gotta have, is a group of coiners who will stick with the project. Ringing The Greek Guy was spur of the moment. I know exactly how to tackle such a project. But as I said . . .

IMHO wait just a little.

m
sloopy

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 02:53:45 AM

Vegas? Arriving at Le Uno Convention in the red Caddie from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas? Letmethinkabouthatokay.

@ Sloopy: be one of many Chinese ambassadors! Community initiatives tend to become 'Few hands make hard work.' We really need community devs, people prepared -- like F.K. -- to do the hard yards over time.

Mark

Mark I am making moves with UNO. It is harder for people newer to the uno crowd to learn where and when, albeit much harder for someone who isn't an experienced trader.
I have never had a sig on this forum which hailed any company I didn't personally believe in and use my own money often with.
I'm not saying my sig is worth much to anyone else, but with all of the paid sig campaigns I do believe it is a choice which provides some humble honor if even I am the only one who knows it.
In general, I think people notice each other's sigs and if someone is rotating like their is no tomorrow they know that person is selling the space, which hey, everyone has to eat so don't take me wrong. I believe in equal choices.

As far as learning Cantonese I do not know if it is in the cards, but I communicate in Spanish fairly well with Google Translate most of the time for work. Usually better than our Spanish translator heh. I think I will leave China to the more experienced and concentrate on anyone I meet through a forum, in RL, or anywhere in between. So far I have given away 200 uno. Mostly to people I know personally so it incentivizes them to put forth effort. It would be better if there was less effort. I know a banking account takes longer to setup, but the internet spoiled several generations, some unborn. An e-mail is the way for Uno. Send an e-mail and they click a link - tada - it opens an interface like a web browser where they enter someone else's email addy and an amount to send, while showing their balance.

No keys, no long codes, only long annoying e-mail addys we may already have in our phones, contacts, etc.

On another note...
I am extremely disappointed to see what is happening to MMpool. Being blackmailed at such a low hashrate already saddens me for the people in this scene. I mined there when the Merged Mining started, but I was not happy with the variance. I convert fiat to coin via my power bill along with exchanging a much smaller amount of fiat I earn from other work to coin every month. Sometimes more than others, sometimes less, but always something. Extorting it from someone never crossed my mind. I enjoy the comradery, the challenges, being with like-minded individuals who are willing to stand on the edge and look down knowing it happens with hard work and having pride. I cannot imagine hiding like a thief or scammer every day, knowing I potentially took from someone's retirement. If you as an individual make a bad call and lose your money at the tables, that is on you. If I put a gun to your head and make you give it to me, or I trick you into a pyramid scheme, that is on me. I am glad I sleep well every night. I think it can come with age, or with some people it doesn't matter how old, you are a crook without a thought from day one.

I will be moving my hash back for another try, and I hope anyone else with a miner does as well. WE need to support MMpool.

Also, good job contacting so many people. IMZ, Blueman, BCN, and everyone who pushes coin out everyday. Way to make the UNO pop int he face of anyone possible to see what a great community, but even more a great coin which stands on its own.
As Mark put it, FK is a mover who I can be more like, and I hope to do so. GG

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
Make the block size set by the pool. Pool = miners and they get the choice.
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 03:21:33 AM

@ Sloopy: I hope I understood your points. IMHO there is 'generally outwards-focused' and 'generally not outwards-focused.' If we each of us puddle along with outwards-focused stuff -- translating, giving away coin, telecanvasing, etc. etc. -- sooner or later we'll land the big one!

Speaking Spanish will sooner or later be super useful. Wish my Malay hadn't evaporated so much.

IMZ Mark
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 10:04:53 AM

NXT = btcd, veri, coino, poker, dice, dex, unity, opal
CP = storjx, swarm, gemz
master = MAID, tether
BTS = $ and other money bits
Peer = Nubits, prime
Block = disaster, etherum, XC, XST, Xcash, HZ

Now if you look at UNO the attached side product list has the potential to rival any of the above if not them all combined.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
natmccoy
Legendary

Activity: 868

twitter.com/natmcmolecule

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 05:29:38 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2015, 06:34:10 PM by natmccoy

Unobtanium is now listed as my current largest altcoin investment at http://www.twitch.tv/natmccoy. This is a bullish sign Grin Just kidding (sort of).

Also, it would require only a 0.34 UNO donation to put it on the list of top five coins used for donations. I've gotten $17 of donations from 5 coins so far after about 200 hours broadcasting live to increase awareness of cryptocurrencies, cryptopoker and trading. I'd like UNO on the list since it has become my favorite altcoin. If more than $0.90 is donated via UNO, I'd replace the Cannabiscoin stats and donation address with UNO. I posted an UNO donation address at the bottom of the page for the time being. Also, if you want, I link the bitcointalk profile or twitch profile of the donator, up to 3 names included.

This isn't meant as begging, I've got enough crypto, I just wanted to share my project with the community and get Unobtanium a little more attention. New viewers often ask about the coins listed on my page, that gives me a nice opening to show some charts and give info  Smiley

Actually, if a developer or someone involved in a cool UNO project ever wanted to come on the stream briefly that would be cool, I would include it as a highlight video which get decent view counts (20-150 so far).

HagbardCeline

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 04:02:07 AM

Just pushing a few commits to fix the synching issues with Blueschist to my github. Will post some new builds tomorrow, they will be 0.10.1.1 (where the last should have been 0.10.1.0). Will have Mac/Windows builds for you all shortly! Sorry for the hassles!
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 07:37:24 AM

Go, Hagbard! Having you on board is tremendous. The rest of this year is going to be so so interesting!
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 07:45:59 AM

Just pushing a few commits to fix the synching issues with Blueschist to my github. Will post some new builds tomorrow, they will be 0.10.1.1 (where the last should have been 0.10.1.0). Will have Mac/Windows builds for you all shortly! Sorry for the hassles!

No worries!

TIA!!
sloopy

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 11:54:16 PM

Comment:
Hello xxxxxxxx, thank you for your proposal. We have considered it but unfortunately we have to reject it since we do not plan to implement this feature in the near future. We will rather focus on the field where we feel strong and extend the current mining services. If we are satisfied with our current merged mining we will contact our miners with the list of other possible coins via e-mail. Thank you for understanding and wish you good luck with mining. Slush Pool Support Team

I submitted twice, but they rejected both back to back.
I will not give up!

I find it hard to understand why NMC has so much attention but UNO has not broached the larger pools who either have implemented merged mining or in the case of Slush's pool are about to do so.
Kano.is has publicly stated many times that merged mining costs btc profits, but eulethria (spelled that wrong maybe?) who ran BTC Guild has stated it only detracts from BTC profits if you do not have the right hardware to support the other daemons.

My personal opinion is no one knows, but logically it makes sense that if the hardware is up to snuff in all aspects there shouldn't be an issue and the best merge minable coins should be chosen.

I would enjoy hearing from everyone about this. If you do not mind sharing please mention if you own a miner. What do you say? 

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
p3yot33at3r

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 12:14:54 AM

Well, it's the pool operators choice of course...but I see it as their loss is p2pools gain. Anyone who wants to merge mine can simply set up their own p2pool node & mine however many merge-mineable coins they want on standard, run-of-the-mill hardware. Merge mining with p2pool increases the hash rate & stability of whatever altcoin they are mining as well as helping decentralize & secure the Bitcoin network at the same time. It's a win/win situation all round.

I'm currently merge mining 11 sha256 coins & the number is growing as more & more coins realize the potential growth & stability that merge mining provides - it's also a great way to learn the mining basics, & the p2pool community thread is very knowledgeable as well as helpful too.

My 2 satoshi  Grin
sloopy

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 12:27:20 AM

Good point, and I am going to take another look at it.
When I started mining my latency to other p2p nodes wasn't under 50 and I had so much to do with my tiny farm I latched on to the Guild, but now I am going to seriously take a hard look at what I can do with the miners I have and p2p.

edgar
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 12:30:44 AM

Well, it's the pool operators choice of course...but I see it as their loss is p2pools gain. Anyone who wants to merge mine can simply set up their own p2pool node & mine however many merge-mineable coins they want on standard, run-of-the-mill hardware. Merge mining with p2pool increases the hash rate & stability of whatever altcoin they are mining as well as helping decentralize & secure the Bitcoin network at the same time. It's a win/win situation all round.

I'm currently merge mining 11 sha256 coins & the number is growing as more & more coins realize the potential growth & stability that merge mining provides - it's also a great way to learn the mining basics, & the p2pool community thread is very knowledgeable as well as helpful too.

My 2 satoshi  Grin

could you post a 'quick guide to' merged mining on p2pool/s?

i tried mining at mmpool but never saw any stats/return

right now im mining at eligius & im not particularly loving it
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2015, 03:18:01 AM

Xpool is still mining Uno. You can get payouts in Btc, Ltc or other coins, or include your Uno address and receive Uno payouts.

Due to their requirement to sign a message with the bitcoin address to change account settings, I have not been able to get my Uno address to stick there.  Xpool doesnt like the wayElectrum signs my message.

Anyway, check out xpool.ca for merge mining with Uno.  https://www.xpool.ca/blocks/UNO

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
HagbardCeline

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 04:23:31 AM

As promised, here are fresh builds of 0.10.1.1-Blueschist:

https://i.imgur.com/mfzsraB.png

Windows: http://23skidoo.info/Unobtanium-Blueschist.zip
MD5: edf501604f5837540426ddce0b85cbe5
Virus Total (0/55): https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/3b95c862047b8b88c7a13997c4691b0bd1555bd4d0dfe512bc64308ffbc9d3dc/analysis/1437192930/

Mac: http://23skidoo.info/Unobtanium-Blueschist.dmg
MD5: 1856f9579dbc47d84c92fa641aa14cd6
Virus Total (0/55): https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/aa4873d29c29917c844ac81b9d363cfdcea25ffbd48420f90788377a616bb8da/analysis/1437193198/

Source: https://github.com/thegreatoldone/Unobtanium

The synching is fixed; appears seednodes hadn't changed it seems since 0.9.5 so I added a good chunk of them and also updated the daemon on 23skidoo.info. Also, the Mac build is a bit more polished and should be better than my last, so please give it a try. The links are the same, and can be considered my official, feel free to hotlink. Much more recent checkpoints have also been added and the correct version bump as well. Now for something completely differnet...

https://i.imgur.com/Fip7k2w.png

@siameze: plenty of testnet coins still left, and the testnet is working--ultra underground transactions can be sent with testnet coins; technically they are a second batch side-chain of mainnet Un and are just as rare and desirable; though perhaps not as valuable (yet). Why not mine a few while they are ripe for the picking?

To start the client in testnet, simply add -testnet to the shortcut in Windows, or on a Mac, launch ./Unobtanium-Qt.app/Contents/MacOS/Unobtanium-qt -testnet from the command line of a folder where the wallet.app resides. By the way, testnet Un is the polar opposite color of mainnet Un, its pink. I've mined a few and although we can't do a giveaway; anyone who PM's me their testnet addy will get 100 kg's of testnet Un!

As BW's taking the slow road on everything, feel free to consider my Github link for your source building needs. I am most grateful to you all for any kg's you send my way, if you feel like sharing with me, my Un addy is: uVjbsx6tAhySeJpN7xLBieAzWcD7rEVmYp
edgar
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 04:26:30 AM
Last edit: July 18, 2015, 04:40:05 AM by edgar

Wish Me Luck!!

E2A - TY! TY! TY! (I'm Synching!!)
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 06:03:58 AM

Go, Edgar!
edgar
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 07:00:25 AM
Last edit: July 18, 2015, 12:11:15 PM by edgar

Go, @Hagbard!

its slow as molasses but still synching.

1 yr & 30 wks to go.  All Done!
p3yot33at3r

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 09:34:48 AM

I'm actually just finishing off an updated p2pool mult-merge mine node setup guide now, should be up in a day or two. There are a couple of guides out there already, but they are a little outdated with a few coins/repos missing - but this one is definitely worth a read if you want to familiarize yourself until mine is ready:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=651819.0;topicseen

mmpool is a good pool with an honest dev, unfortunately it has been under ddos attack recently  Angry

As for eligius......well.....hmmmm.....no comment  Wink
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 09:49:15 AM

I'm actually just finishing off an updated p2pool mult-merge mine node setup guide now, should be up in a day or two. There are a couple of guides out there already, but they are a little outdated with a few coins/repos missing - but this one is definitely worth a read if you want to familiarize yourself until mine is ready:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=651819.0;topicseen

mmpool is a good pool with an honest dev, unfortunately it has been under ddos attack recently  Angry

As for eligius......well.....hmmmm.....no comment  Wink

Really impressive community-development stuff. Ian and I are puddling along with a project to make podcasts about Krypto Stuff 101. Hope we can eventually integrate your work.

m
Pages: « 1 ... 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 [471] 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: